Have you experienced mental telepathy?

There has been quite a bit of discussion about the paranormal lately as it relates to inspiration.

A number of people here and in conversations I've had with others say that they are inspired by the universal consciousness, departed family members and other sources through non-verbal communications, typically while sleeping or, for the more sophisticated, during a meditative state.

My personal beliefs are nearly as black and white as I may have expressed in a couple of conversations here. I was raised a Christian (Baptist), but I've read about a variety of things particularly as if relates to the paranormal. While I find the possibilities and subject fascinating I remain highly skeptical -- it is my nature.

I've actually taken a course in Astrology and found it very interesting. I've actually hosted a Tarot Card reading party. Delano, a new participant here actually did the readings (Del and I go back over 20 years). This evening I'm a taking intro course in Transcendental Meditation.

I'm also very fascinated by all the relatively recent discoveries in Quantum Physics. The idea of the Higgs Field which permeates everything, and concepts like Quantum Superposition and Entanglement boggles my mind.

I'm not in a hurry to assume any of the discoveries or theories in quantum mechanics is proof of God despite the use of terms like "The God Particle" the media is fond of using in relation to the Higgs Boson. I never heard any of the scientist involved in the field make a connection between quantum mechanics and God or anything paranormal.

I say all this to say that the idea of mental telepathy, while fascinating and I believe within the realm of possibility is not something I personally believe has been accomplished by anyone in such a way that it can be proven.

I also realize people are capable of believing anything. I also realize an open dialog is a waster of time as these beliefs are a matter of faith, or brainwashing -- simply not open to debate.

Despite that I'm open to try...

Delano, you mentioned you had two friends that could read you mind. What where they able to do to convince you that they were actually reading your mind?

• Like 1

Troy - You may want to check out Amit Goswami, a quantum physicist who is into the esoteric. I read his book, he is also in that movie what the Bleep do we know or Down the Rabbit hole. I think I'll break up the text into sections.

I also am sceptical. I have a been interested in the Occult and the Esoteric circa 1974, when I was ten. I also wanted a calculator when I was a preteen. Around the same time I was quite intersted in Mythology. These threee interst have remained and changedgrown into my interst Astrology, Tarot, and Numbers(Esoteric and Exoteric).

Here's a bit of background about my interest.

In 1994 spent a $1,000 for Statistica. A statiscal software package, After reviewing BDPS, SAS and SPSS, I bought Statistica. I bought it because Statistics was a hobby. I worked on a project where I tried to analyse the link between Astrology and Numerology using Statistica. I think I must have put 100 hours into it, made a bout 100 pages of Statistical tests. I couldn't prove a link, but Ilearned a bit more about Astrology, Statistics and thinking. I derived formulae that were modelled the data more than 90%( corelation coeff range -.65 - .92 n = 707) Most of the high correlation were meaningless as i discovered years later.

I have worked as Bookkeeper, I have worked two jobs as a statistical consultant. And I have been an Algebra and Statistics tutor at University. I have also worked as a full time Astrology Tarot and Number reader.

• Like 1

The first person was a Wizard. He used to do psychic readings, Reiki healings, energetic healings, reading auras, and spells. I experienced all of the above.

I remeber he was giving me a reading by just having me talk. He told me something that the Psychic who said I should go to Australia told me. Which is an intersesting story of Synchronicity. There were also people that didn't want to be around him because he would read their mind and then say what he read, while their were other people around. The other person would respond verbally to what I was thinking. She did this twice. She actually was one te person that introduced to a psychic who said I should visit Australia to hear stories from the Aborigines.

Here's a copy of a search of Amit Goswami using ixquick

Dr. Amit Goswami, Ph.D. : Theoretical Quantum Physicist star.gifstar.gifstar.gif

Official site and blog of Dr. Amit Goswami, Ph.D. - Quantum Physicist

www.amitgoswami.org - Proxy - Highlight

About : Amit Goswami, Ph.D. star.gif

Amit Goswami, Ph. D. is a retired professor from the theoretical physics department of the University of Oregon in Eugene, where he had served since 1968. He is

www.amitgoswami.org/about/ - Proxy - Highlight

Amit Goswami star.gif

by Amit Goswami (1995) [3]. *^ Interview with Amit Goswami by Conny Hill, ... Wikiquote has a collection of quotations related to: Amit Goswami. [edit]. ... Amit Goswami is a theoretical nuclear physicist and member of The University

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amit_Goswami - Proxy - Highlight

Amit Goswami - Reader Store star.gif

Search Within Results. Showing 1 - 5 of 5 items. Results per page. Save 45 % off List Price. How Quantum Activism Can Save Civilization.

ebookstore.sony.com/author/amit-goswami_92929 - Proxy - Highlight

Amazon.com: Amit Goswami: Books, Biography, Blog, Audiobooks ... star.gif

Visit Amazon.com's Amit Goswami Page and shop for all Amit Goswami books and other Amit Goswami related products (DVD, CDs, Apparel). Check out pictures, bibliography ...

www.amazon.com/Amit-Goswami/e/B0028OI2UQ - Proxy - Highlight

I go online almost every day and play bridge. After logging on to the site, the computer pairs you up with a partner, a total stranger who could be any age, sex, race and from anywhere in the world. In order to get into a winning mode, it's necessary for you and your partner to establish immediate rapport for the purpose of communicating during bidding and the subsequent playing of the game. I don' know if ESP occurs during such encounters, but I kinda think interacting in a cyber environment might facilitate me and my partner picking up on each other's brain waves.

There are certain partners with whom I seem to be able to silently communicate. In Bridge, you designate the suit you are bidding so you don't have to guess about what your partner is coming in But what you do have to try and do is to give your partner an assessment of your hand, strictly through how you bid. You don't have to keep on bidding the same suits, and you can raise the bid on the same suit your partner bids if you have help for her/him. The bidding keeps going around and around until there are 3 passes in a row and the final high bidder get his trump in. The winning bidder's hand is exposed as the "dummy" and if you and your partner didn't win the bid, you proceed to try and defeat the opposing twosome. So through a combination of card sense and hunches, the game is played, leaving partners to figure out when to cut and what to lead and what a lead means and what a played card indicates as you instinctively rely on skill and mental signals from each other.

This is not only fun but fascinating. Even more so on line than in person because you're limited strictly to trying to read the mind of the phantom who is your partner. Of course a lot of this involves common sense and logic. But many times, getting an inkling as to what your partner wants you to play is esp-like. And I have regular success in mentally telegraphing what I want my partner to play when she/he is stumped, or with getting a brain-hiccup of what he/she wants me to play...

I don't know what to call another phenomenon that I experience almost everyday. I would guess it's a form of synchronicity. I'll be reading something while I'm listening to TV and suddenly the same word I am looking at on paper will be said on TV. It also happens with the computer. The same word I am keying will be simultaneously said on TV...

I think everybody has experienced receiving a phone call from someone they were just thinking about. This happens all the time between me and my children.

I am a night owl who stays up into the wee small hours, and I'm convinced night time is "different" than dayttime. :ph34r: After my husband died, I moved in with my oldest daughter. My room has become a woman cave, - a cocoon furnished with everything I need and use, right at hand; TV, computer, books, magazines, cell phone, microwave, newspapers, radio... I love it. :lol: I embrace solitude and don't relish intruders. It's like in the twilight of my years, I have returned to the womb. Late at night I see fleeting images out of the corner of my eyes. Never face on. I've also caught whiffs of the cologne my husband used to wear and I sometimes feel someone jerk my hand. It's like I have 2 sets of eye lids. When I awake and open my eyes I seen an unfamiliar scene that seems illuminated, but when I close my eyes and open them again, I see my regular surroundings. Some time it's like I have x-.ray vision and can see through my legs and feet, all the veins and sinews. :o

The TV never goes off and when I doze on the recliner, the people in the TV come out of the screen and stand before me. Woooooooooooooo. :blink:

• Like 1

Del I've heard of Goswami, but I'll review the material you've provided. It will take a few days.

When I was a kid my people in the south used to always tell stories about dead people. Recently an aunt in her late 80's told she would see AND hear my descended grandmother walk through the house open and close cabinets, etc.

Someone I know really well said they saw a young girl walking in their apartment -- just a plain as day. They knew she was an apparition, a ghost of some form, and left on her own. I've heard many similar stories. The mind is a funny thing. I think it is more likely these people where hallucinating than seeing actual spirits.

Cynique, whenever I think about someone -- out of the blue I almost always here from them within a day. This happens so often I don't even question it anymore. In fact it happened this morning. Sometimes I feel like I can tell when someone is thinking about me.

But I think there are simpler explanations like coincidences.

Cynique I always wanted to learn how to play bridge.

Troy - From your experience, how do you explain a psychic reading. When the reader is not in the same location or doesn't ask any questions?

I have been experimenting with sending people energy. With varying degrees of success. Sometimes the person is in the same room. Other times they are on the other side of the world.

Well, I may be a lot of things but I'm not a liar....lol.

As much as I believe in the existance of telepathy I'm not gonna front like I've conciously experienced it personally.

I've had various spiritual experiences, but as to telepathy or conciously exchanging thoughts with another human being, I don't recall having had that experience...yet.

I believe there is definately some truth to what we call "astrology".

I'm not sure how accurate Western astrology is, but I definately believe the alignment of the planet and stars affects a person's behavior and thinking to a certain extent.

We know the moon affects the brain in subtle ways, why not other planets and stars?

I'm an Aries, and since I was a child most people who believe in astrology are able to discern that after 10 minutes with me.

Pioneer - I have been studying and practicing Astrology since 1997. I think Astrology is a philosophical and psychological system. The Myers Briggs psychological classification has 8 categories. There are approxiamtely 486,000,000,000 astrological combinations every 30 years. That's a rough guess on my part. Since the Pluto has an orbit of about 248 years.

Pioneer, that is funny I'm an Aries as well :o As far as dead people -- feel free to joke. What is the point. if we can't poke fun at each other once in a while. :-)

Del yeah when my knowledge of astrology was limited to the daily horoscope published in the papers, I completely dismissed it as rubbish. After taking a class and seeing the results of a few readings I'm not so quick to dismiss it. I'm not saying I believe it completely I just don't completely reject it.

Now that Pluto as been demoted from a Planet and we know there are other objects that exert an even larger influence than Pluto what has this revelation done to the astrological community?

As far as psychic readings, I've had a few and know one ever said anything that was particularly compelling. Nothing that could not be divined through careful observation or plating the odds. I do them for fun, curiosity and the remote chance I discover someone with undeniable psychic ability (something I have not experience)

I did have one reading, my first one, in the mid 1980's. The psychic said my I would be breakup with my girl friend, and that I would be relocating. I did not have plans to do either. Both happened within 1 year. :unsure:

I have met some Astrologers that are gifted and some good ones as well. If I get a bad reading I don't. Bag the method I may not even bag the person.

Aries people get angry quicker but they seem to get over it quicker.

I tend to have a somewhat love hate relationship with Aries. Aries is Mars by day and Scorpio is Mars by night.

I have had 3 readings. Or at least tried to. I wonder if I am an alien. All 3 readers commented on my aura. One said I should pursue being a psychic myself because magnetic waves seem to emanate from me. {she was a phony) Another said, my aura was blocking her thought waves and nothing was coming through. (She was a phony. ) The last one said when I came into the room, the atmosphere thickened. She said I was going to come into a lot of money (She was a phony) .

Weather permitting, I regularly go out at night and commune with the stars and moon. This summer there was a lot of celestial phenomena going on. The planets were lined up in rare configurations, blue moons occurred, eclipses, the aurora borealis was kickin in. When I go out, I look up at the sky unblinkingly until my vision blurs and then I close my eyes and will myself to become one with the universe. It's like I dissolve. Me and the moon have become so intimate that I'm convinced my face has become a moon. During a 30-day period my appearance subtly changes. It's like I start out with a baby face and age gradually until the moon is full, whereupon I look much older. I'm sure this has something to do with gravity, and it might happen to everybody but they just don't notice it. This could be what gave rise to werewolf legends. I think doing has an effect on me. Sometimes positive, sometimes negative.

Because I'm a lunatic, I do howl softy at the moon. I don't have a particular urge to do this, I just do it for the heck of it, - or do I ???????? OWWWWWWWWL :o

As a Leo, I also bask in the sun but not for long because it seems to sap my strength..... B)

What do you think, Delano?

• Like 1

You may have a Pisces Moon or Pisces strong in your chart. I'd need your birthdate to see where your other planets are located. North node andor Chiron may be in water signs.

If you don't mind posting your birthdate time if you know it and the place. I'll take a look at your chart.

Vedic ir Indian astrologers don't use any planet past Saturn.The Sun and moon aren't planets and astrology also uses positions that aren't even planets. Some are distances between planets and or houses. Part of fortune making the sun the ascendant and then seeing where the moon is located.

I dont know what could be any more personal than me having to give my date of birth. I was born during the Depression as you can see, at home because my parents couldn't afford a hospital. I don't have anything to hide. And I'm familiar with my family history, so bring it on.

First 3 words: Health and wealth

• Like 1

Well state the obvious first. You have Sun and Mercury in Leo. Which means you don't like people telling you what to do or think. If sone on insults your thinking they need to be prepared for a battle. You have carriage or you carry yourself with pride. Leo id very aware or conscious of their reputation.

However you also have a revolutionary side. So O would say that you feel like King but you are also acting like the rebels that depose the king. This will create tension for most of your life. Until you realize that the Kong and the Rebels have the exactly the same freedom and constraints.

one of the two most important things for you is that things are don't correctly and you like helping people behind the signs which is not very Leo like.

I can see why people say you are psychic. Your internal state is very different you are pourous when it comes to feelings. Also I would say that you can feel the intentions or emotional state of others.

you also have a very strong social conscious. You probably have worked hard to have independence so that you have personal and economic freedom. So sometimes you may feel guilty or at times there us a conflict feeling between what you have versus what others lack.can you hold off on the feedback until you send the three numbers.

Thanks,

Del

Well, all of my siblings are dead. They were all older than me, and the last one died in 2008.

It seems to me that you could deduce a lot of what you said by simply observing how I comport myself on this forum. But I guess you used those cues in verbalizing what my astrological chart revealed.

Accurate? A little. I'd describe myself as a passive-aggressive person. I'm laid back and I am not really a social activist or a rebel but I am argumentive and opinionated. I don't feel guilty about having more than others because I don't -. I'm very low maintenance and can do without a lot of superficial trappings. I am a people watcher, and my first impression of a person is based on both their body language and their spoken language. I appreciate serenity and articulateness and I particularly like wry wit, the kind often found in self-depricating people who are usually the ones who have the most going for themselves. At my age, when it comes to life, I've pretty much been there, done that which is why I so cynical, and why my mantra is: "the more things change, the more they become the same."

Thanks for the reading. It was interesting and I'm open to any more feed back you care to give.

Thanks for the feedback, Cynique. Your natal chart is more of where you start, then where you are now. I also was looking at a future chart but nothing came up. Which was a first for me. Apparently in Illinois around the time you were born, there wasn't consistency with daylight savings. Which actually doesn't change the chart much just the ascendant.

I ran into a friend and I was looking at a chart for him. And had time zone problem. First time I have had this issue and I had it twice in a day. Anyone have a feeling what this may mean. Intuition, inspiration,cognition or anything else you'd like to use.

Oh almost forgot. There was two things I mentioned which would not be apparent. Helping behind the scenes and empathy. You give assistance and you don't want the fanfare, sometimes you help or donate anonymously. The other thing is you feel people. If they ate sad, you have the same feeling. Which is different than feeling sad for them. And people can not hide it from you. Again this maybe from earlier in life. But if it doesn't fit let me know.

The bit about your sibling was the only thing I got from your future chart.

I like your intepretation better than your chart. Because one of the two charts, the one I used had Scorpio rising. Which makes a very difficult chart. The individual is at war with themselves. And they test things down and start over.

Thank you,

Del

Thanks a lot, Delano! I'm trying to make it to 80, guy, and you're telling me you don't see anything in my future.??? Oh well... :(

You cast me as more charitable and compassionate than I am. I'm someone who would rather make a donation than volunteer to help with things. I'm lazy. Nor am I empathetic because I'm rather hyper-critical. I don't do any nice things behind the scenes, either. The only people I really help are my kids and grandkids and they hear about it very loudly when I do this. I do feel that I have an inner child who did stupid things when I was younger. My higher self is quite sensible and stern and then there's my playful seductive side. Also, my face is not symmetrical. One side looks different from the other. But then, I am ambi-dextrous. :wacko:

• Like 1

Cynique, if you care to share here on a new thread I'd like to hear about your sibling how many what were they like, how old were they when they passed.

I don't know why anybody would want to hear about my siblings, Troy, but - since things are a little slow...

I had 1 brother and 2 sisters. I was the spoiled baby of the family and a real brat, I'm told. In the small town where we grew up, my sisters were considered 2 of the prettiest girls in the black community. One was very vivacious and the other quite reserved. Between them they had only one child and it always saddened me that they had grown old alone, the victims of unhappy marriages. The younger was only 60 when she died in 1988, the other 77 when she passed in 2001. The childless one, who died at 77, had a small circle of friends, but she traveled a lot after she retired, just to have something to do. Because she lived in Chicago, and I didn't, we kept in touch mostly by phone since I was always so busy leading my own life, married, raising 5 kids and working full time . But she would always drive out on holidays to spend them with me and my family, - her demeanor always pleasant, - but wistful.

When she died suddenly, I had to go try and gather up all of her papers, hoping to find an insurance policy to take care of her burial expenses. This was when I came across several old bank books. The first bank I went to, I was prepared to do a lot of explaining and present all kinds of proof and identification in order to see if there were any available funds. The bank officer was pulling my sister's records up on the computer all the time I was babbling away. Finally she wrote down a figure on a slip of paper and handed it to me, saying no explanations were necessary, that I was the sole beneficiary on the account. I was speechless when I looked down at the number she had written. $72, 000.

It was the same at all of the other banks. $25, 000 here, $23,000 there, $6,000 in another one and $43,000 at the final one. All left for me, including $23,000 worth of savings bonds, a $10,000 CD and 2 small insurance policies found in her safety deposity box along with $500 in cash. I felt so ashamed and contrite that I had not reached out more to the big sister who was always so gentle and kind to me. All I could do was cry. To ease my guilt, I wrote the most fitting obituary I could compose, brought her a beautiful casket and a large headstone, and gave a lot of the money away because I didn't think I deserved it. Ironically 12 years later, most of it is gone, eaten up by financial set-backs.

When my widowed brother who was also childless, was dying, he joked with me, saying he was sure glad that my parents had had me late in life or there wouldn't have been anyone around to write great obituaries for him and my sisters or "put us away" so well. When he passed at the age of 86 in 2008, I discovered that all the thousands I had given him from the money left me by our sister, had been deposited in a bank account, left untouched. The beneficiary? Me.

During World War II, my brother served in the Navy, and was a member of an elite group who qualified to serve aboard the USS Mason, the only American ship with an all-black crew. These young seamen gave a good accounting of themselves, seeing action in the North Atlantic against the Germans. In 1995 the surving members were invited to Washington by President Clinton to belatedly receive recognition for their bravery and were presented with special medals by the Secretary of the Navy. When he died, the glowing obituary I wrote for my brother included all of this. I bought him a fine casket, but at his request, he was buried in a veterans cemetery, in the navy section, his marker the tradional head stone with just his name, rank and serial number.

I miss my brother and sisters and think about them all the time, something I wish I'd done more of when they were alive. That's life.

• Like 2

As I said before, I believe there's something to Astrology regardless of how watered down and bastardized it has become in the West.

From what I've not only studied but actually observed and experienced , Astrology doesn't necessarily tell you what your future is but it tells you how you should act to get the most out of life.

It gives you a blueprint of how your personality SHOULD be in order to reap the most rewards.

In other words, if YOU want to be successful you have to act this way.

You can't act like he does or follow her script to get the same results, you were born under a different sign so you must behave this way.

Pioneer, Del, that may be true, but it still implies that we actually have free will; which is not something I'm not convinced that we actually have.

There is an increasing amount of information about the way the brain works that suggests our conscious self is merely an observer and sophisticated story teller to rationalize our behavior ;)

• Like 1

I agree that the stars influence your potential. But I believe that the decisions your free will allow you to make, determine your fate. We are like time travelers and the future like a road map that branches out into many paths. Whichever path you decide to take, will lead you to what awaits at a station along your life's journey A different set of circumstances come with each decision. And the option is yours. I don't really agree that life is predestined rather than random, that a useless person like say, Nicole Richie, is supposed to be leading a life of luxury and ease, or that 20 little first graders were supposed to be shot down in their classroom.

Cynique your unwillingness to consider predetermination is exactly why we make up stories (some quite elaborate and motivating) -- to explain what we do not understand or control.

If I hold an egg, at arms length and drop it; most of us know the egg will fall to the floor and not remain suspended it mid air, or go flying into outer space.

We don't know what the egg's splatter pattern will be. But with a sufficiently powerful computer and model, we include factors from your height to the gravitation force of the Moon to determine where every molecule of the egg will land. The seemingly random splatter pattern of a dropped eggs is not so random.

The same logic goes into predicting the weather. But the weather is such a highly complex system we can't seem to do a very good job predicting the weather today. But as we learn more, build more powerful computers are ability to predict weather will improve

Everything from the origin of life on this planet can be predicted if we have enough information. But life is infinitely more complex than the Earth's weather system, that it is effectively random. Man can will never have the computing power to model what any of us will do in the future -- let alone what we will do collectively.

So we make up stories or collect data, to help us make sense of something we can never truly comprehend -- let alone predict..

But from my perspective it feels like I have some control over my experience and that is really all that matters to me -- otherwise if I knew what was going to happen and I did not have any control over it would would be the point of going through this exercise called life?

Troy

"Pioneer, Del, that may be true, but it still implies that we actually have free will; which is not something I'm not convinced that we actually have. "

Well, I believe some behaviors and thought patterns are determined by our genes.

Certain drives, certain predispositions, certain tastes for foods or the lack there of.

I read somewhere that Black and Latino people tend to be "supertasters" meaning we tend to have more active taste buds in our mouth than Whites which is why we tend to like spicier and more seasoned foods.

I know I've always been able to taste the alcohol in any alcoholic drink no matter how small the amount.

I believe some things are predestined, especially on a global or universal scale. But I believe humans usually have choices to make concerning much of thier lives.

Whether they know what those choices are or what choice to make is a different matter, but usually there are choices.

It's a matter of properly educating oneself.

"There is an increasing amount of information about the way the brain works that suggests our conscious self is merely an observer and sophisticated story teller to rationalize our behavior ."

Well if that is the case, then THAT suggests there may be someone/someOne/something else besides "us" who/Who/that may be guiding our thoughts and behavior!

If we're just an observant passenger, then who/WHO/what is driving the vehicle?

LOL.

All

I've had over 15 years of experience in sales.

If I had believed in predestination I wouldn't have made it past 3 months, lol.

Most people who got into sales believed too much in "luck" or being a smooth talker and when things didn't go the way they wanted it to, they figured they weren't DESTINED to make it in sales and dropped out.

Me....

In just about every sales job I had in the past I didn't rely totally on "luck" or how good I could speak but on focusing my efforts and that's one of the things that almost always paid off for me.

The concept of predestination...while some of it may be true...is quite dangerous.

It can trick some people into believing they're doomed to stay in thier lowly condition.

Del and Cynique talking about rivers, paths, and streams got me to thinking about another concept that I've been studying of late.

Has anyone studied up on the theory of PARALLEL UNIVERSES?

• Like 1