Troy

Have you experienced mental telepathy?

Admin

OK Pioneer we can regress or progress ad infinitum on that last point.
You believe in some presumably infinitely powerful, "intelligent" being is pulling all the strings (just for kicks I guess). I do not believe that explanation is required to explain the universe.

You apparently forgot when I told you:

"I personally think it's a mixture of both.
Some things about our selves we can control, others we have no control over."

How you got "an intelligent being pulling all the strings" from that is beyond me.

As far as this thread is concerned......lol.....progress will begin when you accurately understand my position that I believe SOME things are predetermined and SOME things are a matter of personal choice outside of any predestined factors that may affect our thinking.

Delano

Where would you put instincts,drive, and ambition in this discussion.

Instinct is a very subjective term, but drive and ambition I would categorize as emotions.

I wanted to ask Delano a question , if he's still around, about astrology.

I have read that eash astrological sign corresponds to a particular racial group, is this true to your knowledge? If so, what racial group would each sign correspond with and why?

Hi Anika, Del is still around  I'll forward your question to him and ask him to reply here.

In the meantime, I've never heard particular astrological sign corresponding to a specific racial group.  But as Pioneer can tell you there is not scientific basis for race, therefore an astrological sign's association to a particular racially group would not be possible.

Though it would be interesting to hear Del's take -- he is the expert on the subject.

Thanks for replaying. I am currently reading Tetrabiblios by Prolemy. He says that certain countries are ruled by certain signs and planets. Initially I was going to say no. However I think it is more likely that regions fall under astrological influences. Black folks like bass, White folks like treble a la Dave Chapelle. Could be an interesting project but I wouldn't undertake it, because if it's successful it could be seen as racist. It just seems like a thankless task. Although every couple of years I work on some project along the same lines.

I think it would be more successful if you dud it using numerology. I probably could do it unscientifically with a small sample

My guess would be that more expressive people/races would have names first or last ending in vowels.

I do not consider myself an expert, I am a practitioner.

Thanks for your prompt response.

I guess some could turn it into a racist thing. But the littleI had read on this subject wasn't  like that at all. 

Like the sign of Aries correspond to Caucasian race. This makes sense to me, since some of the traits of this sign  

is:

adventurous= a positive trait

pioneering= positive trait

courageous=a positive trait

daredevil and foolhardy= negative traits.

We know as a group [not as individuals] Caucasians tend to have some of these traits.

[Just an example]

I don't remember what races the other signs corresponded with. I think it was Capricorn that corresponded with the black race but I'm not sure of the reasons why.

Anyway I was just curious about your opinion on this.

I do believe there's something to astrology. One of the most interesting books I have read on this subject is called:

'The Secret Language of Birthdays" by Gary Goldschneider and Joost Elffers. Some may find it eerie. It goes by one's  exact birthdate [ although not the year].

Yes
the Secret Language is good, but if you have a copy of your chart and
know the aspects, I would recommend the Spiritual Approach to Astrology
by Myrna Lofthus , or Astrology a Cosmic Science by Isabel Hickey.

Being an astrologer I believe there is something to it as well.

Again
I think it is more sound to look at regions, even more so than
countries. Since most countries have regional difference and you are
take the location in addition to the time into account. I believe there
are more difference with in a country than between a country, this is
more true for true for countries that have a racial or cultural
diversity. I would say that Italians and Spainiards are more similar to
each other than, Germans and the Dutch. I also think you find a
different between Southern and Northern Regions of the country. In the
US, India and Italy for example the Southerners are more relaxed. In
Australia it is the reverse.

In
Tarot I feel Wands are people of African Descent, Cups or Northern
Europe, Swords are Asian (less Indian), and Pentacles are Europe.
Although I tend to think of Paris as a high Pentacle card. Most of this
is just my feeling, but I am finding that it makes more sense to
develop your own approach than follow rules blindly.

Aries
is ruled by Mars and both were important to Rome. Capricorn is
associated with the color black, it is considered a more serious sign.

• Like 1

Del it is indeed more sound to focus on regions you can do you analysis based upon regions and let the individuals overlay the racial component.

Anika, I'm an Aries. I've bungee jumped, and sky dived, I'm a decent skier was a D1 Gymnast.  I've climbed mount Fuji and have ridden my bike from NYC to Philly several times -- for fun.  I'll go anywhere on planet Earth, and would go to the moon if someone would send me....  Adventurous, pioneering, courageous, daredevil and foolhardy; check, check, check, check  and check --- Humm I'm an astrological white man!!!

I wonder if Pioneer is Capricorn?

Gee whiz, Troy! Sky dived?  Who knew?  You really are an adventurous daredevil, the personification of YOLO! :o

Del I think it would be a potentially interesting study.

Cynique, "YOLO" (which I had to look up) is my middle name.  The only problem is that I'm note sure that one only lives once ;)

Anika, the wife is a Libra.  So while she may not join me on a future excursion to the moon, she understands completely.

Thanks for replaying. I am currently reading Tetrabiblios by Prolemy. He says that certain countries are ruled by certain signs and planets. Initially I was going to say no. However I think it is more likely that regions fall under astrological influences. Black folks like bass, White folks like treble a la Dave Chapelle. Could be an interesting project but I wouldn't undertake it, because if it's successful it could be seen as racist. It just seems like a thankless task. Although every couple of years I work on some project along the same lines.

I think it would be more successful if you dud it using numerology. I probably could do it unscientifically with a small sample

My guess would be that more expressive people/races would have names first or last ending in vowels.

I do not consider myself an expert, I am a practitioner.

Oh shhhnap!!

Watch out Delano......

I agree that some ethnicities are more expressive than others and I do believe Black people tend to favor bass in their music but Troy, may have a problem with you "stereotyping" entire groups of people unless you've met every single one of them personally.....lol.

Hi Pioneer, I am quoting Dave Chappell

What up bro.

...even the part about more expressive races?

Troy

Obviously you're not sure about YOLO because no one who truly believes they only live once would risk that one life sky-diving, lol.

I'm an Aries BTW.

Ah Pioneer I said expressive people/races. I would guess more Italian and Spanish names end in vowels but I could be wrong, but so do Japanese not certain I would classify them as expressive

A lot of racial uniqueness is biological.  In general, black people are said to be more right-brained than left brained.  They are spontaneous and creative and good at improvising.   

Instead of applying the Rap  term YOLO  to you, Troy, maybe it would've been more apt to commend you for compiling a "bucket list" ahead of time.   

Why is stuff so normal considered to be paranormal? It's kind of like how wearing suit, ties, and stockings in the blazing sun is normal while wearing little or no clothing in such heat is abnormal.

I don't find anything "para"normal about one closing his eyes in sleep and seeing the events of things to come played out for him. Nor do I find anything "para" normal about one spinning without physically moving, leaving her body, floating, going to other realms. What is not normal about being able to hear things that are actually being said or thought without being in the physical presence of those who are saying them? 

What I do, however, find abnormal is that we continue to find these things abnormal or unbelievable. What is really abnormal? Being so far removed from those parts of us unlimited by flesh until we think that this physical realm is all there is an existence so unlimited or being in closer touch with those parts of us unlimited by flesh and thinking that there is much more to existence than this physical realm? 

It's almost as baffling as seeing how baffled some of the "greatest minds" (whatever the criteria for that is... :wacko:)  in literature are to this day over these lines: "Beauty is truth, truth beauty- that is all ye know on earth, and all ye need to know."  

• Like 3

It is my analogy, or I can't remember where I heard it.

I think our emotions, our subconscious and our soul all make decisions that we are. Unaware

So cool and sagacious.  Is piscean influence strong somewhere in your chart? I don't know much about the science of astrology, yet I would love to learn. I know that you suggest good books, but I think that I'd (and perhaps others here as well) be more enthused about reading yours. 

On another note, it's really refreshing to see how while some are not exactly sold on certain concepts/possibilities, they are not blindly dismissing them (which seems to often be the case with such things).

We can not KNOW what was BEFORE the big bang (the creation of the universe). Their are things that are simply unknowable, we can speculate, formulate or guess but there are many things we simply can not know.

I just get nervous with people who say they know something that is unknowable.

I get really nervous with people who not only claim they know the unknowable, but punish or even kill you for not agreeing with them.  

I find all of this stuff fascinating whether it is paranormal or otherwise.

We get into trouble, when we seek to capture reality in  language.  Some things are too profund for words. We may know things but cannot express what we know.  We just know it.  We all have intuition.  We have to develop and trust  and  enable it with an open mind.  De ja vu should always be given weight.  And I am venturing  into the unknown realm even as I caution against the inadequacy of words...  :wacko:

• Like 1

Admin

Pioneer I'm April 8th what is your birthday?

Don't care too much for giving my birthdate in a public forum, but I'm an Aries too.

While I don't believe the star(s) you're born under can tell you your future or destiny, I do believe it helps to shape your personality and temperment.

As an Aries I've found that I have much more success when I'm honest and direct with people than when I try to be smooth and diplomatic.

Waterstar

I'm not going to lie, I don't consider myself very psychic or sensative but I know some people who do.

The reason it's called paranormal or "outside of normal" is because most people aren't sensitive enough to pick up on activity from the spiritual realm.  For most people psychic experiences and communication with spirits are rare.

Cynique

As much as I believe in psychic experiences,  I have an interesting theory about SOME feelings of de ja vu....

I believe there's some sort of chemical or mechanism in the brain that signals familiarity with our surroundings and sometimes when it spontaneously misfires we may get a FEELING of having known something or been to certain place before when infact we haven't.

I may have been kneeling or sitting in an akward position for too long and when I got up too quickly with the blood rushed to my head I sometimes got that "de ja vu" type feeling.

Cynique, De Ja Vu can be induced.  It is pretty much known to a be a natural conidtion that occurs from time to time in people, basically you experince something and part of the brain recognizes it to late and when it catches up you think you previously experienced it.  There are people suffering from this condition perpetually.  There is even a name for it.

I'm just saying :mellow:

Waterstar - Thank you. I don't have any Planets in Pisces. Although a friend calls me Mr. Neptune. The planet Neptune rules the sign Pisces. I have had at least 4 psychics or readers tell me I should be writing a book. I am not actively doing so.

While I don't believe the star(s) you're born under can tell you your future or destiny, I do believe it helps to shape your personality and temperment.

I think your personality is very much connected with your destiny. I also think that astrology can indeed forsee the future. Look up William Lily and the great fire of London. I have also had some experiences showing me that it is possible bit without 100% accuracy or precision. However the success is greater than chance although I can't quantify it.

On a related note the theories of quantum physics allow for some equations to run either withered or backwards. There are some interesting experiments done with light, that suggest that light has an awareness. Which is very interesting because it is a defining concept in physics, yet elusive as is time and space.

An astrology chart is unique in that it can tell you not only when but where any event/birth took place. Since every place has both latitude and longitude . However every believes to their level of understanding, mostly.

I don't believe anyone "knows" their destiny because no human being knows the future or when they're going to die.

You may be able to predict your destiny based on various factors, like seeing a little boy who's always getting into fights and trouble at school and predicting that he's going to be a criminal in and out of jail when he grows up.

....and those predictions can be pretty accurate at times.

But in my opinion only God "knows" the future and thus knows our destiny.

In regard to my comment on De ja Vu.  Have those who dismisssed it, ever duplicated the brain activity conditions they say bring it on?  I ask because there are 2 schools of thought about near-death experiences which skeptics put in a class with De ja Vu. And there are people who  swear the near-death phenomenon is authenic because it hasn't been disproved.

I'm beginning to wonder if I have a 3rd eye.  Apparently with age, the shape of my eyeballs has changed because my vision has improved.  I used to be  near-sighted but now I can see fairly well without glasses.  I'm told this is not uncommon over a long period of time.  But since my face is assymetrical, one of my eye balls is now slightly  of kilter.  Often, I can be looking at something and if I blink I'll see a different scene.  If I close my eyes and open them again, the original scene will reappear.  I live around the clock and tend to be a night owl.  In the wee small hours of the morning,  I experience a lot of mysterious things... :o   That ol quantum physics action  kicks in.  I see things out of the corner of my eyes, but they disappear if I try to focus on them directly... :wacko: I have pictures of myself when I was 5, 14, and 17 years old taped to my computer because I like to surround myself with images of me when I was young.  If I stare at them long enough from a certain distance, the figures of me begin to vibrate and then jump out from the photos and make eye contact with me. :rolleyes:

OK, I'm done...

Troy why dies someones differing beliefs trouble you. It doesn't have to make sense to you. You haven't lived their life. However I am not talking about fanatics.

Quite the contrary Del, peoples differing beliefs intrigue me.  I welcome them.  I read them I even occassionally revise my beliefs and unsubscribe to one that I previously disagreed with.  They call it learning.

In our culture diagreement is often viewed as dislike, a lack of understanding or the opposing position or even "troubling" to the disagreer.  

That said.  Regarding De Ja Vu and even near the death experiences both have been replicated in a lab.  We know what causes these things.  That is not a mystery.  Man's ability to ascribe a other worldly or spiritual explaintion to these things is nothing new either.

Del you should talk about the people you describe as "fanitics" because that term is realtive and very subjectve.  To some a person who goes to church every Sunday, gives 10% or their income to that chruch, believe homesexuals are damned, and that dinasaurs roamed the earth with man be a fanantic to some.  But in their community they are in the mainstream.

Disagrement is normal and we are all "fanatics." 

A fanatic holds a belief and is not willing to examine it. In addition this belief influences them to act in an abnormal manner. A can of Justin Bieber who has their room wall. Papered. With his posters. And is single minded in their devotion. In my opinion would be considered fanatical.

My apologies for my statement about your character. Upon reflection it was incorrect and does you an injustice.

No worries Del no one has ever said anything to me here that causes me any personal problems I prefer the honesty.

But again I assert your definition of "a Fanitic" is relative. Even this definition, "A fanatic holds a belief and is not willing to examine it."  depends upn who holds the view. I could very easily argue you are a fanatic about some things.  Most of humanitty are fanatics about something :-)

Troy - glad to hear it. I would say there aren't any absolutes. In the interest of impartiality what do you believe I am fanatical about except learning and communicating. I eagerly/nervously await your reply.

;) You just answered your own question.  You asked me to tell you what you are fanatical about, but then you immediated told me two things you admit you are fanatical about.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.