Troy

Have you experienced mental telepathy?

Del, I think you are fanatical, for example, about your belief that we are not just a soulless biological mechanism, that ceases to exist, in all forms, at the moment of death. 

I say fanatical because you would not entertain this idea for a split second, nor would you tolerate this idea being taught to your kids in school to the exclusion of any alternatives.  I also suspect you would even think less of people who believed this (though you probably would like this about yourself).

By fanatic, I don't mean to suggest that you would strap a bomb to your chest and blow yourself up and others up who believed my statement above; but fanatic in the sense that you are very passionate about your beliefs, so much so that you study them far beyond what the majority of people do.

How is that?

I am passionate or driven about my beliefs, but they are beliefs not facts. I also think that beliefs are arbitrary.

No I encourage my children to think for themselves.

No I wouldn't think less of people who weren't open minded. That may be you projecting.

I would day that I am curious. Recently though I feel rewarded for my curiosity.

I have no way of knowing what people do, majority, minority, elite or plebian. Nor do I know how it would be possible.

I think there are a few ways of knowing. Experience, being told, instruction, experimentation and intuition. U like to think I use the last two more than the first three.

I may be projecting but that is part of the human condition, that and the fact that I actually do think less of closed minded people.

Also if we know anything about people it IS what they do. It is what people think is much more difficult to devine. But soon there were be machines capable of reading out thoughts before we are consciously aware of them ourselves.

Ok so you are not a fanatic about this topic.

What about your children? Are you fanatical about them? Would you do anything to protect them, including giving your life? Would you make great personal sacrifice to ensure their comfort and well being -- beyond what you would do for a stranger or even a friend?

I reckon it would be easier to read emotions. I think the mind is luke an iceberg. Much lies in the subconscious.

it's like you can only save tour mother or your spouse. Who would you save. Would I give up my life probably not, because then I wouldn't be around to protect them.

Great personal sacrifice probably not. I have noticed that mothers are mote likely to say yes to all your queries re their children.

I also find that mothers tend to get more upset when kids misbehave. Its the, "I have given up dough fir you and you are ungrateful."

Do I treat my kids better then strangers. Yes, but I expect more from them.

Being a fanatic is not currently part of my personality. I used to be a Prince fanatic. Perhaps I should become more fanatical. Since they show an irrational devotion.

I have been a few situations where I could choose to help someone or remain safe. Two out of three I helped. With one I was about to run but someone else ran to help and I assisted them. Those situations either you react or think, sometimes both.

So like many things the answer isn't always obvious. All three events happened more than a decade ago but I still remember them.

I have been a few situations where I could choose to help someone or remain safe. Two out of three I helped. With one I was about to run but someone else ran to help and I assisted them. Those situations either you react or think, sometimes both.

So like many things the answer isn't always obvious. All three events happened more than a decade ago but I still remember them.           

I don't think there is any shame in making sure YOU are safe before you go running to someone else's rescue.

An old acquaintance of mind was recently killed at a nighclub after coming to the assistance of a woman who was allegedly being assaulted by a man.  He stepped in to defend the woman and help usher the man out and later that night he came back shooting.

Like so many homicides in Detroit and other urban areas of our nation, no arrest was made in the incident.

Now the brother is dead.

The woman is nowhere to be found....probably still frequenting other nightclubs.

And the shooter is probably somewhere chilling looking for his next stunt to pull.

In this society, "chivalry" gets you nowhere.

People don't appreciate heroes like they used to.

Pioneer I am mostly interested in predicting the future and describing the past. My approach is to describe events both past and future and when they have or will happen. Check out what I wrote in predicting the future using Astrology about the US Presidential Elections.

You may notice that certain conditions have to be met

Oryou may find the closer the relationship the easier to tap into their thoughts. Or you may get a buzz if they start lying.

19 hours ago, Delano said:

Que?

@Delano

"something" told me I would better understand the answers in the "psychic ability" topic I posted, if I began here... I'm now on the first page and it has been incredibly enlightening. As I mentioned I sensed "Pi" movie energy from you - and your response in this topic confirms to me why I felt it.   You've already put the information in the aether so I think that's how I was able to access it. (not sure but I think that's how mental telepathy works... To that end, I feel that you may be experiencing a block with Pioneer because you two speak different languages... Your symbols conflict with his symbols - he's emotion based and you're logic based - and it's producing conflict.  There's something you have to learn from each other... as both of you have someone like the other in their immediate circle that you both like to communicate with but can't seem to find the words to make the connection... I think if you both seek to translate what the other is saying in your own language - you will reach a breakthrough...

maybe not with each other but in your respective offline lives

On 1/12/2013 at 3:45 PM, Cynique said:

. All I could do was cry. To ease my guilt, I wrote the most fitting obituary I could compose, brought her a beautiful casket and a large headstone, and gave a lot of the money away because I didn't think I deserved it.

This came up in the chart that @Delano prepared - although it wasn't ongoing behavior it did happen

"There was two things I mentioned which would not be apparent. Helping behind the scenes and empathy. You give assistance and you don't want the fanfare, sometimes you help or donate anonymously."

• Like 1

On 1/16/2013 at 1:00 PM, Troy said:

If I hold an egg, at arms length and drop it; most of us know the egg will fall to the floor and not remain suspended it mid air, or go flying into outer space.

An egg will on drop on the floor here on earth - due to gravity.

Therefore, free will is limited to the natural laws of the environment.  If you know and understand the natural laws and make your decisions accordingly then nothing is predetermined.

On 1/16/2013 at 6:19 PM, Pioneer1 said:

"Speak your latent conviction. . . Else tomorrow a stranger will say with masterly good sense precisely what we have thought and felt all the time, and we shall be forced to take with shame our own opinion from another.” -Emerson: Self-Reliance

Preach!!!

On 1/18/2013 at 7:04 PM, Pioneer1 said:

The experiences of a woman who was born Black and raised under the somewhat oppressive somewhat turbulent social and political climate of the 20th century United States is going to be different than the experiences of a White woman born in....say....the 17th century of Ireland.

The same factors that may have led to you being a happy faced bread baking nun back then wouldn’t have existed for your current embodiement and thus would have bred a different personality and temperment.

So you were just being contrary then...because this is what I said about perceiving racism" - Sometimes I think there are several people occupying Pioneer1!

On 4/13/2013 at 6:26 PM, Cynique said:

De ja vu should always be given weight. 

@Cynique  this is another strong ESP area for me.. I've actually witnessed something before but when actually experiencing it, I changed the outcome. I took a different path  during the experience than when I only witnessed it. The outcome was decidedly better than when I witnessed it the first time.     

When I define De Ja Vu - it means for me to witness something then experience it.  For me I only recognize it's a deja vu when it's an actual experience.  I'll say - uh-oh... I know how this turns out and then I react or respond differently... I experienced Deja Vu in this discussion forum. today. I saw a response to me - and at first I was going to answer it one way -but I remembered the outcome would result in something unpleasant...and today, I didn't want antagonize, I wanted to be understood.

Thanks twin. For the heads up. I think conceptually logically with a bit of intuition. I have to learn to let it go. Because i am being closed minded that people should be open minded. 

You and i seem to have a  conceptual telepathy. Astrologically there's probably a Pluto aspect the Moon and/or Mercury. 

@Mel i had a similar contentious interaction with a Black Astrologer. I learned or rather I am learning don't waste my time, with condescending people that don't know what I am doing. 

3 hours ago, Delano said:

Thanks twin. For the heads up. I think conceptually logically with a bit of intuition. I have to learn to let it go. Because i am being closed minded that people should be open minded.

@Delano

Twin!!!   I think logically and yes conceptually too! ..When I speak, sometimes I behave like the characters Mr. Spock/Star Trek or Dr Temperance Brennan on "Bones" - I learned how to speak "emotion"  from watching others and listening to how they emotionalize their conversation.   The only time I stray is when I'm speaking metaphysically but then again metaphysics is the mother of logic, so maybe not :shrugs:

• Like 2

Mel

Well if you like that quote so much, I think I'll use it as my signature !
I actually intended to do so a long time ago but forgot about it.

So you were just being contrary then...because this is what I said about perceiving racism" - Sometimes I think there are several people occupying Pioneer1!

Whaaaa.....huh??

Mel that quote is over 4 years old and I don't even know where you go it or what context it was said in.
I briefly looked back in this thread but couldn't find it, which thread did it come from?
Maybe if I see it in context I can explain it.....or reject it.....because I have changed much of my thinking since that period of time.

BTW, your "twin" said:
"
I am mostly interested in predicting the future and describing the past."

How does that work out when YOU don't seem to accept that there's a past OR a future?

I  was just thinking about my oldest son this morning while puttering around the kitchen.  On my way back to my "cave", there was a knock on the front door.  Guess who it was? My son.  Twice last week i was either deciding to call one of my kids or was wondering something about them and right after these thoughts, they  phoned.  For me, this is a common occurrence and i know we all experience this type of telepathy from time to time. It's commonly called "thinking somebody up". I  would consider this proof that ESP does exist but, as we have all concluded, it is something that has to be developed and that certain people have a better facility for it than others. 

ESP  that is more fine-tuned would be about sending  a specific message to another person.  This would involve getting on each other's wave length and concentration on the part of the 2 parties.  Trying to communicate with someone independently of their awareness of your doing this is a real test. But this does occur and we refer to this as the "something told me to"  phenomenon. This is in the 'hunch" category.   

The human mind is a computer.  in my dotage, i am experiencing dementia.  I have a terrible time remembering the names of people and places, usually  familiar ones that i see on TV. But what i do is feed into my subconscious mind, all of the  "data" i know about the thing whose name i've forgotten and then let it go.  Within a half hour the name will pop into my head.  

Something else i've started fooling around with for some unknown reason.  i am right-handed but i will write something on a piece of paper, backwards with my left hand.   i'll write a whole phrase backwards with my left hand.  Then when i look at what i've written with a mirror, or turn the paper over and hold it up to the light. What i see is perfectly written.   What's interesting is that what i see, looks nothing like my regular handwriting. I've always been somewhat ambi-dextrious but now i pretty much am.

i recently had my eyes tested for a new pair of glasses.  My right eye is "weaker" than my left one. When i wake up in the morning, i put one hand in front of my left eye and look at something; then i do the same thing to my right eye.  Things look different between my different-eyed view of them.  With my right eye, it's like i have x-ray vision and when  lying there looking at my foot with my left eye covered, i can see the skelectical bone structure of my foot with my right eye.  Maybe i'm an alien.  :huh:

Anybody else have similar experiences? 

• Like 1

The left hand writing and feeding the unconscious are Magickal techniques that were told to me 18 and 11 years ago. I met one other person that knows without knowing. They are one of the best all around psychics and magicians o ever met. They also just thought they made it up. The xray vision i know nothing about it .

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Cynique said:

Trying to communicate with someone independently of their awareness of your doing this is a real test. But this does occur and we refer to this as the "something told me to"  phenomenon. This is in the 'hunch" category.   

I've done this once with great accuracy. The other person was also concentrating. She was in Ireland - I was in West Virginia, another friend was in Wisconsin (I think).  I can't remember what messaging system were were using - I want to say icq) I remember just sharing the mental images - the images weren't coming in whole form but pieces... so I'd shared it one at time sort of like putting a puzzle together, while I was constructing what she was thinking of ... then I got the picture and I told her what I saw. 

Here's the kicker though I didn't receive what she said she was thinking of... I saw Viennetta Ice Cream Cake . She confirmed she was indeed eating viennetta ice cream cake while playing along... it was the most bizarre experience because I didn't think I would ever receive a mental image from someone else. Especially something as specific as the type of ice cream.  lol. 

I think the key here was she was open to sending - but just didn't realize what really had her attention lol. 

Now I just act on the "Something said" and "hunches" but I'm confident even if it's a big ole miss. 

I agree doing it independently of someone's awareness maybe difficult and even unethical.  I suspect , however, we do it all the time and receive mental images from anyone anywhere.  

• Like 1

On 5/23/2017 at 10:09 PM, Pioneer1 said:

Mel

Whaaaa.....huh??

Mel that quote is over 4 years old and I don't even know where you go it or what context it was said in.
I briefly looked back in this thread but couldn't find it, which thread did it come from?
Maybe if I see it in context I can explain it.....or reject it.....because I have changed much of my thinking since that period of time.

BTW, your "twin" said:
"
I am mostly interested in predicting the future and describing the past."

How does that work out when YOU don't seem to accept that there's a past OR a future?

@Pioneer1 That quote is from this  thread "Have you experienced mental telepathy"... In fact,most of  your comments in this thread are quite lucid and inspiring ..

As for my Twin, @Delano and I share some of the same language symbols. It's like we belong to a tribe where the dialect, subtleties and colloquialisms are understood.   I understood his reference points in the context of how he used "past", "future" in his divination.  I understood these references as research and communication tools.   I also wrote I use "past and future" for communication purposes but I don't believe they actually exist. Everything is in the "Now"

Yes i heard a really good scientific description of time and events. You may find it by searching the Absolute Elsewhere + two lines of light. 

Yes Mel and I come from the same place. It makea sense that you are a writer. You can paint pictures with words or write conceptually 

• Like 1

Mel

Yeah....I remember making that statement but I just couldn't figure out where.

I THOUGHT it may have been in this thread....looked at the date....and went back to the page trying to find it about 4 or 5 times and just didn't see it for some reason.
I was actually trying NOT to ask you and look silly....lol..but after so many attempts I finally decided to ask and when you confirmed it was from this thread for some reason I was able to go back to the very same page I read over 5 times before and see it. 

:ph34r:Perhaps your twin Del was working some sort of magic to keep it hidden for a few days.

• Like 1

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.