Another MLK Day, with nothing to do

Hello All,

I'm going to start doing my own thang on MLK Day. I'm going to read a non fiction book every January. One, I'm going to read something, anything, because so many white folks in the past did their level best to make sure that one of the things we, as black folks, were lacking was an education. With the laws on the books about us not being taught to read and write, then when slavery ended, our education system was still lacking in many parts of the country, for decades after slavery; it's the one thing I know I can do because so many did not want me to be able to read. I'm going with non fiction because, you all know I lean towards fiction, so I'm -- watch for it now -- broadening my horizon. *LOL*

I'm going to start doing my own thang on MLK Day. I'm going to read a non fiction book every January. One, I'm going to read something, anything, because so many white folks in the past did their level best to make sure that one of the things we, as black folks, were.......I'm going with non fiction because, you all know I lean towards fiction, so I'm -- watch for it now -- broadening my horizon. *LOL*

Sounds good. I guess I'm the opposite. All the books are read are non-fiction. But I used to read all the Robert Ludlum and Frederick Forsyth novels. I loved 'em! Haven't read any in a number of years but thinking about going back and doing so....