publication.

We wish you all the best with your writing and please continue to submit

poetry for future issues.

Regards,

Tim Collins

Poetry Editor

Etchings

Guest Nubianpoet

Today….is another day….of feeling soothed and delightful…Sometimes I love to sit and dream…of what it would be like to just stroll with you...under a moonlight…maybe we can have fun in the park laying on a blanket…just being into one another…The greatest memory I have of you is you loving me…You see I enjoy sitting and watching you just being you….I love to see your figurine nature…and how your curves…tempt me to want to do things to make you tremble. I love to hear you showering yourself ….as I allow my imagination to roam and to think about joining you….and what pleasure we could discover in one another….Each and every day….I am loving you….I am so fortunate God has permitted me to find in you….the woman I have always desired to please me…Just you smiling makes my soul become refreshed and joyful…..Just you parading around at times…in your sensuous way…is so entertaining for me…I love when you come behind…me when I am preparing dinner for us and just hold me. It almost makes my knees buckle….You see….I love to feel you …fastening your importance into my existence….where I am weakened and ready to have you right there…There are so many moments…and situations…I can think of….when it comes to you and I….And it is with these thoughts…I honor each and every thing about who you are as a woman….I will want you no matter what may befall you…I will travel…to parts unreasonable….and I will awaken in the midnight to make sure…your not cold…and place my body closer…letting you know….my passionate love for you is special…and everlasting….So for today I am into you…once again…giving my reverence to God for letting me feel the way I do about you….

© ES 2010

National Poetry Month B)

Guest Nubianpoet

Agony, not Ecstasy (Eve Hall)

A day has gone

A week has passed

A month will soon be over.

I can’t last much longer

I am getting weak at the knees.

My heart is missing your love

My body is missing your touches

My mouth is missing your kisses

My ego is missing your compliments

My conscience is tearing me to pieces.

I need to ask you something.

I need to ask for…

Forgiveness.

© Nubianpoet 2010

April is National Poetry Month :P

Guest Nubianpoet

30 Ways to Celebrate Poetry Month from Academy of American Poets B)

Read a book of poetry

"Poetry is a response to the daily necessity of getting the world right."

Memorize a poem

"Getting a poem or prose passage truly 'by heart' implies getting it by mind and memory and understanding and delight."

Revisit a poem

"America is a country of second acts, so today, why not brush the dust of these classics and give them a fresh read?"

Put poetry in an unexpected place

"Books should be brought to the doorstep like electricity, or like milk in England: they should be considered utilities."

Bring a poem to your place of worship

"We define poetry as the unofficial view of being, and bringing the art of language in contact with your spiritual practices can deepen both."

Attend a poetry reading

"Readings have been occurring for decades around the world in universities, bookstores, cafes, corner pubs, and coffeehouses."

Play Exquisite Corpse

"Each participant is unaware of what the others have written, thus producing a surprising--sometimes absurd--yet often beautiful poem."

Read a poem at an open mic

"It's a great way to meet other writers in your area and find out about your local writing community."

Support literary organizations

"Many national and local literary organizations offer programs that reach out to the general public to broaden the recognition of poets and their work."

Google a poem

"Many people carry single lines of verse with them, sometimes for years, and are eager to remember the rest of that particular poem."

Hear a Poem

"Often, hearing an author read their own work can clarify questions surrounding their work's tone."

Young People’s Poetry Week

"You'll find party ideas, poem starters, crossword puzzles, award certificates, lists of poetry books for kids, and more."

Subscribe to a literary magazine

"Full of surprising and challenging poetry, short fiction, interviews, and reviews, literary journals are at the forefront of contemporary poetry."

Put a poem in a letter

"It's always a treat to get a letter, but finding a poem in the envelope makes the experience extra special."

April is the cruelest month

"To mark tax day, the Academy distributed thousands of free copies of The Waste Land at selected post offices across the country."

Take a poem out to lunch

"Adding a poem to lunch puts some poetry in your day and gives you something great to read while you eat."

Put a poem on the pavement

"Go one step beyond hopscotch squares and write a poem in chalk on your sidewalk."

Recite a poem to family and friends

"You can use holidays or birthdays as an opportunity to celebrate with a poem that is dear to you, or one that reminds you of the season."

Organize a poetry reading

"When looking for a venue, consider your local library, coffee shop, bookstore, art gallery, bar or performance space."

Promote public support for poetry

"Every year, Congress decides how much money will be given to the National Endowment for the Arts to be distributed all across America."

Start a poetry reading group

"Select books that would engage discussion and not intimidate the reader new to poetry."

Read some literary criticism

"Reading reviews can also be a helpful exercise and lend direction to your future reading."

Buy a book of poems for your library

"Many libraries have undergone or are facing severe cuts in funding. These cuts are often made manifest on library shelves."

Start a commonplace book

"Since the Renaissance, devoted readers have been copying their favorite poems and quotations into notebooks to form their own personal anthologies called commonplace books."

Start a notebook on Poets.org

"Poets.org lets users build their own personal portable online commonplace book out of the materials on our site."

Add verse to your email signature

"Many email programs allow you to create personalized signatures that are automatically added to the end of every email you send."

Ask the Post Office for more poet stamps

"To be eligible, suggested poets must have been deceased for at least ten years and must be American or of American descent."

"Colleges and arts centers often make individual courses in literature and writing available to the general public."

Subscribe to our free newsletter

"Short and to the point, the Poets.org Update, our electronic newsletter, will keep you informed on Academy news and events."

Celebrate Poem in Your Pocket Day

"New Yorkers are encouraged to carry a poem in their pocket and share it with friends, family, coworkers and classmates."