ALL MY BABIES MAMAS SHOW PROTESTED./

ON THE OXYGEN CHANNEL, A SHOW CALLED ALL MY BABIES MAMAS WAS PROTESTED.THE SHOW FEATURING RAPPER SHAWNTY LO,WHO HAS 11 CHILDREN WITH 10 WOMEN I THINK...IS THIS SOMETHING BLACK MEN ARE PROUD OF HAVING MANY CHILDREN WITH MANY WOMEN, THAT IS WHAT A MAN IS ,THEY THINK...IRRESPONSIBLE FATHERS..NAACP DOES NOT PROTEST BLACK PREACHERS HAVING CHILDREN WITH MISTRESSES.NAACP WORSHIPS JESSE JACKSON....3 BLACK PREACHERS IN PRISON FOR KILLING THEIR WIVES, BISHOP EDDIE LONG, NO ONE PROTESTED HIM SEXUALLY ROMANCING YOUNG BLACK BOYS.....BLACK WOMEN BEING DISRESPECTED, NAACP SEEMS NOT TO WANT A BLACK WOMAN TO BE PRESIDENT OF THE NAACP, NOT EVEN ASSASSINATED MEMBER MEDGER EVER'S WIFE MERLIE EVERS....THIS IS WHAT BEING A BLACK MAN IN AMERICA IS,HAVING CHILDREN WITH LOTS OF WOMEN.//////.BLACK ATHLETES SEVERAL OF THEM HAVE CHILDREN WITH LOTS OF WOMEN, DID YOU SEE TERREL OWENS ON DR. PHIL SHOW LAST YEAR.////.

Troy

Pioneer would this subject be explained by your theory of Black "breeding" during our period of enslavement and our supposed genetic predisposition to higher levels of testosterone?

You may have asked that question in a spirit of sarcasm but it's actually has some truth to it

Just like suppressed energy seeks an outlet in ways that are sometimes destructive, sexual energy and power that is improperly managed often expresses itself in perverted and destructive ways.

As I've said before, AfroAmerican men (who are known to have a very high sexual/masculine energy by most social and medical scientists) live and are forced to function in a society that was not designed by or for them.

Unlike the ancient African societies that brought young males through a "rites of passage" to properly educate them on thier masculinity; young Black males in modern America are not given the proper knowledge or discipline to know what to do with thier powerful energy.  I suspect this is the reason so many Black and Brown children are diagnosed with behavioral problem like ADD and ADHD in school.
Compared to less energetic White children, ofcourse young Black and Latino children would be considered unusually hyper and active.

See, there's a difference between a "man" and a "gentleman".  ((where is Cynique now...lol))

A man is any male who reaches the state of sexual/physical maturity.
He's capable of making babies with women, inflicting damage in society due to the increased muscular strength and aggression that testosterone gives him.

But a gentleman is a man who is refined and has the knowledge and values to be a productive member of the society he resides in through the PROPER use of his masculine powers. 

Having a lot of children by different women isn't necessarily a bad thing in and of itself, it depends on how those children are raised.

According to the Bible Jacob had 12 sons by several different "baby mamas" and those sons eventually founded a nation.

• 3 weeks later...

There seem to be a large percentage of dysfuntional blacks folks on these 'reality' shows. I don't know if this is did delibertately, or  if this is part  of the dysfuntional mindset of many to advertise  their craziness. They seem to love the attention. Sad. 

Pioneer I thought you might feel that way :(

I'll go out on a limb and say, in 21st century America having multiple children by multiple women at the same time is a bad idea ().  I know you said it depends on how the children are raised; but that point is moot as it always depends on how the kids are raised.  It is interesting you would use a story from the Bible to justify polygamy.

As Anika99 implied our culture's fascination with dysfunction is sad. 

The ability to profit so greatly from showcasing this dysfunction exposes an even greater dysfunction within our culture.

Citing how things were in biblical times to justify what is happening now is bogus.  The bible is the best source in the world if you're looking for excuses to sanitize sin  or condemn what you don't go along with.   Brothers slew brothers in the bible, fathers committed incest with the daughters in the bible. Patriarchs consented to human sacrifice in the bible, All kinds of bizarre Christian cults are founded on an interpretation of some obscure biblcal passage. e.g. The snake worshipping  one which refers to the verse about "taking up the serpent" as the inspiration for a religion that involves snake handling. Dietary laws against certains food are based on conditions that don't even exist today, thanks to strict laws and the elimination of harmful bacteria. But people cling to old customs without question. It saves them the  hassel of thinking for themselves.Just because something is in the bible doesn't make it right or authentic. The bible enslaves people's minds as much as any other doctrine.

Troy

It is interesting you would use a story from the Bible to justify polygamy.

I hope it was as interesting as YOU using the Bible to support your point about the original Egyptians.....lol.

Having multiple children by multiple women is most certainly a bad idea if those women don't know about eachother and the children aren't being supported.

Cynique

I believe I told you before than I'm neither a Christian nor do I hold the Bible (as a whole) as the divinely inspired words of God. But I believe it DOES contain some valuable truths and inspirational themes, therefore it wouldn't be wise to throw the baby out with the bath water.

The Bible shows us that the original human beings ate a frutarian diet and lived a long life which got progressively shorter after they adopted a meat eating one.
The Bible shows us how to tithe and give charity, which is a very sound economic principle that nearly every self-made wealthy individual practices.
The dietary and hygienic practices of the Bible kept the Jewish communities of Europe safe while many of their gentile neighbors were dying of the plague.

The Bible contains both good and bad.

The same Bible the slave believed in was believed in by the Master too!
Last time I checked it didn't attribute any color to mastery or servitude.

It's not the Bible or any other religious scripture that makes a person a slave, it's their own ignorance and how they see themselves in this world.

Pioneer the post you referenced was not "my" argument it was Cheikh Anta Diop.  I clearly referenced him as the author of the content I posted.  I thought it was interesting for you to use the Bible because I'm aware about how you feel about it.  My impressions of the book are best summarized by the following joke, "When the Missionaries arrived, the Africans had the Land and the Missionaries had the Bible. They taught us how to pray with our eyes closed. When we opened them, they had the land and we had the Bible."

I think in 2013 America a man having multiple children by multiple women is virtually always a bad idea -- especially if all the women know about it.

Troy

I think in 2013 America a man having multiple children by multiple women is virtually always a bad idea -- especially if all the women know about it.

Trust me bro,
In THIS society...money and power often decides what's a "good" or "bad" idea.

If you're too stupid to articulate yourself and too broke to influence anyone....your idea is "bad".
If you have money and the ability to talk a good game,......your idea is "genius"

If Black men had the money to support all of those women and the power over the laws to permit polygamy and power over the media to influence public opinion the way some are doing with same sex marriage, it would only take 15 years before polygamy would be an unquestionably accepted fact of life.

Look at the Miss America and Miss Universe pageants.

How do you get so many educated young women to get on stage in bikinis and compete with eachother infront of men who are judging them based on their looks???

People with money and influence demand it and it overrides any protest from those who oppose it.

...If pigs had wings they could fly.

Pioneer the question of whether having multiple children by multiply women, in present day America, is a very basic one.  All the other issues of power, and money, breeding, "race", the law, etc are irrelevant to the very basic question.

Money and power are no justification especially when you consider Jessie who has (or had) more money and power than most men.  But he could not manage to keep one (that we know of) baby money happy even with a moderate child support payment.  Do you think anyone involved would be better off if Jackson had two or three more?

Perhaps your right.

It would be a mistake to assume that most men share the same values and ethics I do regarding family responsibilities and wealth distribution.

If I had a lot of children and was blessed to accumulate a lot of wealth, I would see it as more money to help me support my children.
But I suppose many men are of the mentality that more money means more money for them to spend on themselves and have more fun.

.......and more money to hide from the court and avoid thier child support payments.

Actually, Troy you just helped me to realize something that should have been pretty obvious.

As long as the morals and ethics of AfroAmerican men in general remain as they are, increasing their wealth and power probably WOULD lead to the disaster Cynique spoke of in another thread.

When I read your statement about how a man who actually has both money and power still couldn't (or wouldn't) properly care for the mother and ONE child he produce from his irresponsible behavior....would giving him more money and power realy produce better results?

Give a hardluck fool more money and power and rather than changing his luck,  it will likely get them in MORE trouble!

When I read your post I could just see some tattooed clowns in braids racing eachother around town in fancy cars getting drunk, high, chasing women and making even more babies.  Then using their legal and political power to duck and dodge their responsibilities and engaging in senseless beefs with eachother.

Not only is unethical behavior and immorality problems, it appears that many youth don't even KNOW right from wrong anymore.

They are confused and have lost their moral compass because they don't have anyone at home or in school guiding them or correcting them.

I believe civilization is a process that is not instinctual but must be "taught".

Teachers in school don't even correct children on their grammar anymore.

They hear them talking like slaves and morons and just smirk and ignore it.

• Like 2

Pioneer I think the problem in schools (as well as parenting) is also a function of confusion about gender roles.  Some men of my generation, believe they should be head of the household.  However most don't have the financial or mental wherewithal to make this happen.  Even if they could I doubt they could find a woman willing to assume a traditional role.

Why should a woman be subservient to a dude that is unable to support them financial, can provide no spiritual leadership and won't even stop sleeping with other women (or men).

Again, while I think men having kids by multiple women, in present day America, is a bad idea.  The reality of the situation is that this is what is happening anyway. We, effectively, have a polygamous society.  Some might say promiscuous, which may be more accurate as it seems many of the men don't assume complete responsibility of their actions.

You're right, it's more promiscuous that polygamous.

Actually I don't have a problem with either as I believe a sexually liberated society is a society less prone to perversion or sexual misconduct.

As for me and myself, MY behavior is more conservative as I believe children should only be produced within the confines of marriage to people who are financially stable enough to support them, but I wouldn't force my personal values on everyone in society.

I'm a personal conservative who believes in a liberal society if that makes any sense.....lol.

I just ask that people be responsible in whatever behavior they choose to engage in practicing safe sex to prevent the spread of disease and taking care of any children that they produce.

• Like 1

You get no argument from me Pioneer.

But legalized prostitution would not have stopped the sexual misconduct of men in high positions. Prostitutes provide a service; they fulfill a very basic physical desire, they are not a perfect substitute for an affair.

Until a time comes when no one cares when high profile guys sleep around on spouses and make "illegitimate" babies, there will still be consequences.  Even with legalized prostitution.

Edited by Troy
corrected a ton of typos

You probably said that in jest.....
But I don't think a time like that will ever come because the preference for monogamy as well as the concern for children is so biologically ingrained in most women that few will ever really trust a man who cheats on his wife and/or abandons his children.
The only reason Clinton was so popular was because he did an amazing job cleaning up the economic mess Reagan made and the Republican alternatives were so diabolical.

You're right about the physical desire part.

I've never committed adultery but to be honest, on the occasions when I have been "tempted" to engage, the biggest factors weren't the lust but the more emotional desires.....

Having a woman around who giggles and laughs at all my jokes.
The knowledge that I can "hit it" if I so desired with no problems.
And some people just have a "chemistry" that agrees with you regardless of thier other attributes or thier marital status and it's a struggle to ignore that and be professional.

I can see why some cultures thought it was a bad idea for men and women being together in the workplace.

You go to work not looking forward to work itself but to that pretty little thang working across the way from you.

I believe for most men sex itself is a physical need more so than an emotional one as it is for most (not all) women; and because of this a lot of women know they can manipulate and influence men in powerful positions with thier sexuality.

This is very dangerous, not only for the men themselves but for everyone under their control and influence whether they're government leaders, CEOs, or minsters.

It's for this reason that in Judaism Rabbis generally required to be married, in the past most Ministers were expected to be married, and in most cultures political leaders were expected to be married and with children.
To show that they were not only responsible men who could manage a family, but supposedly having a woman already would cut down on their sexual desire and temptation to be easily swayed by women with an agenda or those with an agenda who may USE women to influence these men or bring them down (Clinton, Menendez, Anthony Weiner, ect....)

• Like 1