BLACK HISTORY MONTH/

1926, BLACK HISTORY  MONTH WAS  CREATED BY  CARTER G. WOODSON...TO OBSERVE  IMPORTANT BLACK PEOPLE AND EVENTS...IF THE SPIRITS OF THOSE PEOPLE CAN SEE HOW THINGS HAVE GOTTEN, THEY WOULD AMAZE./AMAED THERE IS A BLACK PRESIDENT  BUT THAT IS IT...DR. KING  ,FEW BLACK PREACHERS  ARE LIKE  HIM  OR MALCOLM X....BLACK CHILDREN   LEARNING ABOUT BLACK HISTORY   ,THEY  CAN BARELY GET TO SCHOOL  WITH OUT BEING SHOT   BY STREET GANGS..THE CHURCH,  BLACK PREACHERS HAVE  BLACK PEOPLE  SPIRITUALLY CONFINED..FOR PROFIT,  THERE IS NO BIBLE PROOF  GOD OR CHRIST IS WHITE , BLACK PREACHERS SAY IT FOR MONEY......BLACK  YOUNG CAN  HEAR ABOUT  BLACK  INVENTORS, SCIENTIST,ASTRONAUTS,WAR SOLDIERS ,TUSKEEGEE  PILOTS,DOCTORS,LAWYERS,POETS AND AUTHORS,IF THEY HAVE DREAMS ,IT CAN BE STOPPED  BY THEIR OWN PEOPLE...500  KILLED IN CHICAGO  LAST YEAR, 47   KILLED IN   CHICAGO LAST MONTH,HOW MANY  BLACK  KILLED BY GANGS....... BLACK PEOPLE ARE DOING  WHAT,SLAVERY,PLANTATIONS,LYNCHING AND HANGING COULD NOT DO,GENOCIDE THE RACE....//////../

Damn......lol.

It ain't THAT....... bad is it?

What's up with all the Chicago bashing in the news lately?
Chicago isn't the only place people are getting shot and killed; try L.A., Atlanta, and Philly.

Also, I've been to Chicago on many occasions and I've seen so many Mexican and Puerto Rican gangs there who fight eachother on a regular basis. Am I to believe they never get hurt or killed?
Something very strange is going on.

Just like when Bush was in office "Texas" magically became the symbol of conservatism....
It seems that not that Obama is in office "Chicago" is being held as the symbol of liberalsim.....

I was in a club in Chicago and a shoot out erupted -- clearing the entire club. 

I think they should bring up cities like Chicago more often,   See when 20 rich white kids (all due respect to effective families and friends) are shot and killed the nation is outraged and prepared to do something.  However when carnage is much greater in place like Chicago you don't here a peep -- not even from Obama.  

I'm glad Mrs. Obama went to Chicago (I may be wrong about the city) to pay her respects to the parents yet another young Black person killed through gun violence.

Chicago is 2 cities.  The trendy midwestern metropolis full of skyscrapers and luxury hotels and expensive condos, upscale entertainment venus, lake front tourist attractions, Michigan avenue high fashion shops, famous museums and  reputable universities and colleges. 

Then there's the inner city, full of black and hispanic gangs, unsafe streets, bad schools, and a rampant "baby mama", drug-infested, welfare lifestyle. Everybody bemoans this ghetto culture  but there doesn't seem to be anything that works.  More cops don't help, and highly-paid school superintendants are ineffective.  

Professionals attribute this turmoil  to a disregard for human life triggered by a lack of home training due to the breakdown of the family. There seems to be an element of the younger generation, who are raised in unstable single parent homes, and who are out of control, running wild, making it bad for everybody else. Even older veteran gang leaders are troubled by what's going on among the younger wanna-be thugs, many of whom don't even have "legitimate" gang affiliations, just "beefs" and an intense adherence to the no-snitch street code.. I seems so hopeless.

• Like 1

I don't support the aiding and abetting of violent crime, however in most cases I understand the "no snitch" policy as a matter of good old-fashioned common sense.

Hell, the police couldn't (or wouldn't) protect that dude laying in the street with his blood making designs all over the sidewalk.

What FOOL is going to walk up to the police in broad open public and start pointing out people and where they live and what they saw to police officers who are probably going to be gone and out of sight within 2 hours leaving them at home all alone without police protection?

Most people aren't stupid.

If you see the majority of people in a given community engaging in a particular pattern of behavior there's usually a reason WHY.

Of course people aren't fools, Pioneer. Nobody who gives up information openly goes up to the police and tells them what they want to know. Law enforcement in Chicago has a special hot-line for murder cases that allows anonymous callers to phone in tips that help track down suspects. Monetary rewards are also offered for information and people's identity kept confidential They've arrested 2 suspects, in Hadiya's case after posting a big reward that apparently created an incentive for people to come forward.

Not snitching is more a code of gang-bangers and the reason they don't snitch is because they want to exact their own justice on people who they have a beef with, which was the case in the mistaken killing of Hadiya. The shooters were looking to avenge the murder of one of their homies and also an earlier injury one of them sustained, himself.

Information gets out on the street because the real fools are the culprits who brag to others about what they've done. In the end, all the street bravado disappears when plea bargains are offered that will allow co-defendents to turn on each other in order to save their own asses.