Jesse Jackson Owes $12K in Child Support

Jesse-Jackson.png?zoom=1.5&resize=466%2C*Well now, isn’t this interesting.

It seems as though Rainbow Push Coalition founder and former Democratic presidential candidate Jesse Jackson is in the hot seat.

Karin Stanford, who was Jackson’s mistress and fathered a child with the civil rights leader, is slapping Jackson with court papers claiming that the former Democratic presidential candidate owes $11,64.50 in child support for their 12-year-old daughter Ashley.

Kariin-Stanford-and-Ashley.png?zoom=1.5&The National Enquirer exposed the long-term extramarital affair in an exclusive in January 2001.

Jackson, who is still married to his wife, Jackie, admitted paternity. He paid court-ordered support and regularly visited Ashley in Stockton, Calif.

But, according to Stanford, Jackson failed to pay support from Dec. 2010 until Aug 2011, including minimal monthly fees of $400.

“Karin has tried so many times to work with Jesse on their financial agreement,” a source told the Enquirer. “But he was only paying when he felt like it, so she’s taking him to court.”

http://www.eurweb.com/2012/01/jesse-jackson-owes-12k-child-support/

Anika99 they are both trifling. 

A woman gets pregnant by a married man, but does not have the resources (or willingness) to raise the child on her own. 

Married man has unprotected sex with a woman other than his wife then refuses to assume financial responsibility.

I've read this story before.

I guess this is news today uncovered by the National Enquirer, warmed over and regurgitated by Eurweb.  AALBC.com exploited as a platform to help promote this nonsense.

Anika99, I appreciate your contribution -- I really do -- the site is dead without people like you. Thank you!  But I would like to know, what was your motivation for posting the Jessie Jackson "affair" here?   

Chicago is all abuzz with the Illinois Congressman Jesse Jackson, Jr. piccadillos, a scandal having to do with how he and his alderman wife, Sandi, used campaign funds to finance their lavish lifestyle which included the purchase of a 40-thousand-dollar Rolex watch bought as a gift for a white female acquaintance of "Junior" who is now under indictment by the Feds.  Claiming to be hampered by bipolar illness, he had to resign from office and is now facing significant jail time, as is his wife who he illegally put on his payroll.  They never learn...

Just another day in the political contretemps  of Chi-Town, as the city awaits the arrival of first lady Michelle Obama coming to town to attend the funeral of a 15-year-old female black honor student, the 40th-something shooting victim caught in gang crossfire and, who as a member of a marching band, had gone to Washington to participate in the inauguration parade. This tragedy has so outraged everyone that all the big wig politicos issued  demands  for the President to show the same concern for his hometown as he did for the Sandyhook children. The whole thing has turned into an event with everybody who is anybody in the local scene jockeying for publicity, the victim all but forgotten in the hoopla. SMH.   

• Like 1

Anika I meant "I've read this story before." meaning same story different characters.

Is it news that this preacher and leader that his is flawed, imperfect, capable of making mistakes, great errors in judgement? 

What is the goal or purpose of spending resources to compile and relate this "news"?   What is the Black community supposed to do with this incomplete partial story?  Should rainbow/push get rid of him.  Should he be taken out back and beaten, put in jail? 

In fact what to we really know and the Jackson affair?    Did they get a quote from Jackson or even the woman?  How are we served having bit an pieces of this situation?

Anika my problem is that in the history of the National Inquirer no one has ever accused it of journalism.  Now that our Black news sources seemed to be falling over themselves to just copy and paste their garbage as if it was The Associated Press we are in a world of trouble.  It was not always like this...

---------------

The Jackson Jr. story actually "news", because he has broken a bunch of laws and needs to be put in jail -- Provided he is proven guilty and the mental disorder is indeed a ruse.

I guess that is just it.  These preachers not matter how charismatic, or popular are merely men.  Who often demonstrate on personally matters they are barely average men.

What I don't understand is why we find this "revelation" so interesting?

But a more compelling question to the, Black media, out there is why do they seem to cater their content to the lowest common denominator? 

Not to excuse Jackson's behavior because I abhor adultery and think it should be a felony by law for the pain and damage it causes to most families.

However, 2 points should be made:

1. I see this as part of a larger smear campaign to tarnish the image of our revered Civil Rights leaders.

((holds both hands up to calm the women down))

I know...I know...I know.....

No ofcourse no one MADE Jesse bang another woman and cheat on his wife. I - know - that.

But the fact that the vast majority of White politicians inside and outside of Washington have done and are doing the very same thing but the media keeps THEIR adulterious behavior a well guarded secret while broadcasting every bit of info the can get on Jackson and his son is futher evidence of an agenda going on. But there's another point to be made....

2. Things like this just support my belief that Black men are living in a society that was not designed by them or for them and until they decide to get together and intelligently plan a society of their own with rules and ethics are established or atleast allowed....many of our leaders will continue to embarass the community with situations like this.

This also shows us the importance of having an independant Black media where we can decide on the information our people get and how it's presented.

I'm surprised that someone like you who believes in polygamy is so appalled by adultery, Pioneer. 

And what planet do you live on when you say the adulterous  behavior of high profile  white politicians is a well-guarded secret?? The media jumps on any hint of scandalous behavior regardless of race.  Randy white politicians are  all who've been in news for the past few years:  John Edwards, Anthony Weiner, Elliot Sptizer and just recently General  Patreus and his crony and numerous other representatives and governors who've cheated on their wives with prostitutes and strippers and other women.  And of course, Bill Clinton.  Puleeze.

The rules that govern this society are not "white" rules.  White and black men aren't that different from each other.  They're all capable of being  dogs on the prowl. The rules are to preserve the structure of society and guard respect for women. Your dreams of a patriarchial black culture geared toward trifling black men has the potential to be a nightmare. And it's not like black men don't already do everything they can get away with.  That's why there is this ongoing conflict between bruthas and sistahs.  You just can't accept the idea that black women aren't amenable to being submissive to  black men who haven't earned the right to dominate by being responsible providers able to take care of the mates they want as subordinates. The behavior you think comes natural to black men has been cultivated by the slavery formula that reduced them to studs and breeders.   

• Like 1

Pioneer you abhor adultery to the extent that you believe it should be a felony.  However, when Jackson's adultery is made public you call it a smear campaign.  The opinions seem to be conflicting to me?  Seems you would be glad Jackson was exposed and would be grateful to see him fade into obscurity.

Here is another difference between our world views Pioneer.  I don't know believe Jackson's behavior "...embarrasses the community..." Jackson is his own man and his behavior does not reflect upon me or what you are apparently referring to as the Black community.  Jackson should be embarrassed, perhaps his wife and family.  But why should you or I be embarrassed?

Now I appreciate some racist white folks tend to group us together and would assume Jackson behavior is a reflection on all Black people, but there is no reason for Black people to share that belief.

Cynique

I'm surprised that someone like you who believes in polygamy is so appalled by adultery, Pioneer.

In other words......

You are suprised that a Black man has a mind analytical enough to examine and separate various sexual relationships and then determine which ones are beneficial and which ones are malignant to a well balanced family and community.

The rules that govern this society are not "white" rules. White and black men aren't that different from each other. They're all capable of being dogs on the prowl. The rules are to preserve the structure of society and guard respect for women. Your dreams of a patriarchial black culture geared toward trifling black men has the potential to be a nightmare. And it's not like black men don't already do everything they can get away with. That's why there is this ongoing conflict between bruthas and sistahs. You just can't accept the idea that black women aren't amenable to being submissive to black men who haven't earned the right to dominate by being responsible providers able to take care of the mates they want as subordinates. The behavior you think comes natural to black men has been cultivated by the slavery formula that reduced them to studs and breeders.

Dreams of a patriarchal black culture of trifling studs and breeders???

Lady you certainly have an active imagination....LOL.

But as far as men who haven't earned the right to be leaders.....you're preaching to the pastor.

I've been saying for years that being a man in and of itself doesn't qualify one to led a community or even a family for that matter.

You must have the morals, intelligence, and character to not only command but earn respect and love from the men, women, and children under your responsibility.

You won't get that (or keep it long even if someone gives it to you) if you're a morally debased idiot with no selfcontrol or sense of justice.

Troy

Pioneer you abhor adultery to the extent that you believe it should be a felony. However, when Jackson's adultery is made public you call it a smear campaign. The opinions seem to be conflicting to me? Seems you would be glad Jackson was exposed and would be grateful to see him fade into obscurity.

Why can't I hold both of those positions?

They don't oppose eachother, they're just different points on the same issue.

Jesse Jackson has been a valuable asset to the Black community and a strong fighter for civil rights for over 40 years. Should we grab a broom and chase him into the woods for his moral indiscretions while people like Newt Gingrich (who actually cheated on and left his wife while she was on her sick bed) and Strom Thurmond enjoy the benefit an amnesiac society that ceremonially ignores their adulterous affairs?

Jesse's good outweighs his bad in my opinion.

Here is another difference between our world views Pioneer. I don't know believe Jackson's behavior "...embarrasses the community..." Jackson is his own man and his behavior does not reflect upon me or what you are apparently referring to as the Black community. Jackson should be embarrassed, perhaps his wife and family. But why should you or I be embarrassed?

Now I appreciate some racist white folks tend to group us together and would assume Jackson behavior is a reflection on all Black people, but there is no reason for Black people to share that belief.

I suppose a man in a state of drug induced mania walking up and down the street butt naked may not be embarrassed, however whether he has sense enough to realize it or not he IS in an embarrassing situation

((Pioneer shakes a fork at Troy while eating a plate full of greasy soul food))

1)Whether or not you BELIEVE that other races (not just Whites) look at the behavior of individual Black people not only in the media but in real life as well life and then make judgements about us as a whole based on those observation, is irrelevant.

The fact is.....THEY DO.

2)Whether or not you BELIEVE that the judgements these other races make concerning our people actually matters and is important, is also irrelevant.

The fact is.....IT IS.

Just like the family of a President or any other important official is briefed not to do anything that may potentially embarrass him or the office they hold.  The image our people portray as individual add to the collective image the world sees of us and if the preponderance of those images are negative then the world will see Black people collectively in a negative light.

Why is that important you may ask??

As Black people we don't live on this planet by ourselves, nor do we even live independantly like the Chinese. Most Black people world wide currently rely on OTHER people for our food, clothing, shelter, medicine, employment, ect....and as long as we do, it would be WISE to consider our behavior, image, and how others perceive us both as individuals and collectively.

Sure Pioneer you can hold on to both positions, but the question is what conclusions or resulting actions are drawn? 

Jackson is a great leader of the Black community (good).  Jackson is an adulterer unwilling to support his offspring (bad).

So again, I ask should we reject this "great leader" because of his behavior or should we just dismiss as not to lose his leadership?.  If you are in favor of him retaining his position then you must also acknowledge that you are also accepting, or ignoring  his bad behavior.  The more we accept or ignore bad behavior -- especially with leaders and public figure -- the more we saying to everyone that his behavior is OK or acceptable.

Now it is fine if you want to do this, but you chose recognize the consequences.

As far the 2nd part ("...BELIEVE that other races (not just Whites) look at the behavior of individual Black people..."), Of course I know white people stereotype Blacks.  You also stereotype Black people.

I don't agree with any of it.  But I recognize it is the reality.

The Jesse Jackson, Sr. scandal has been around for years and it really hasn't had any significant effect on him. He is still the head of the ubiquitous Operation Push organization that occupies a respected niche in Chcago's community service roster, still writing a column for a major Chicago newspaper, still on the dais at high profile funerals, still leading protests, still showing up as the spokesman for the voiceless, - still the inimitable Jesse Jackson who never met a TV camera he didn't like! People just shrugged their shoulders about his piccadillos, writing them off to him just bein him, and he kept on truckin; not unlike Bill Clinton.

Now that his son has been indicted for squandering close to a million in campaign funds to finance an extremely extravagant life style while womanizing, you'd think that his constituents would be outraged. Instead, most of them are just shaking their heads, grunting "uh, uh, uh", remarking that Jesse shoulda known better and since he did some good things for his district, the Feds shouldn't be too hard on him. Ever on the defensive, black folks are ridiculously forgiving of their leaders. They empathize with their fallen heroes as those who, but for a lack of opportunity, go they. Nobody has any faith in the integrity of politicians and people, themselves, do not regularly adhere to the princple of honesty being the best policy. Good guys finish last.

"...black folks are ridiculously forgiving of their leaders..."  Collectively are standards are relatively low.  I guess we just don't want to put any more pressure one each other -- unwilling to contribute to the shit we have to deal with from society in general.

The American culture seems adopting the same philosophy.  We have school teams where everyone has to play, no one gets cut -- regardless of ability.  In fact winning isn't even the goal.  Everyone gets a trophy at the end of he season.  Teachers can make a test with red ink, the lowest grade is a 65 or 55.

Women who used to wear a size 16 are now wearing a 12's even though they are 10lbs heavier than when they wore a 16.  Being a bastard was not a good thing, now most kids are....

In schools the greatest disservice was dumbing down the education as not to make things too difficult for the students who needed an education the most.  Now it is biting us in the ass 'cause the schools are crap and there is no one around who can teach.

Teachers can't discipline kids, parents won't.  The job is left to the police and the increase in the prison population is evidence of their effectiveness.

...and Jackson Sr. owes 12K in child support and Jackson Jr. charged with misusing $750K in campaign funds  -- My heroes!

Troy

"...black folks are ridiculously forgiving of their leaders..." Collectively are standards are relatively low. I guess we just don't want to put any more pressure one each other -- unwilling to contribute to the shit we have to deal with from society in general.

I don't think it's so much that Black standards are low, I think it's 2 things:

1. Black Americans typically have a different values system than White Americans and what is considered scandalous and disgraceful to THEM many not necessarily be to US.
Losing a job or getting divorced is enough to make a lot of White men suicidal.
How many Black men do you know ready to jump out of a window or shoot themselves after losing thier jobs?

2. So few Black men in this society have both the courage and intelligence to effectively lead and stand up for Black issues that you really hate to throw a brother under the bus for doing something foul and not have another one better with which to replace him.

Get rid of Jesse Jackson and besides Tavis Smiley or Al Sharpton who else you got willing to get on television and and articulately fight right wing racist policies?

Cynique

The rules that govern this society are not "white" rules. White and black men aren't that different from each other. They're all capable of being dogs on the prowl. The rules are to preserve the structure of society and guard respect for women. Your dreams of a patriarchial black culture geared toward trifling black men has the potential to be a nightmare. And it's not like black men don't already do everything they can get away with. That's why there is this ongoing conflict between bruthas and sistahs. You just can't accept the idea that black women aren't amenable to being submissive to black men who haven't earned the right to dominate by being responsible providers able to take care of the mates they want as subordinates. The behavior you think comes natural to black men has been cultivated by the slavery formula that reduced them to studs and breeders.

You know.......
I kind of chuckled at it upon first reading this statement last week, but I continued to think about it.
This comment really affected me.
Especially coming from a woman of your maturity and intelligence.

It's nothing personal because you aren't the only one, and that's what's so disappointing.
It's one thing to hear some dumb hoodrat come on a talk show or radio show and dog Black men, but when you have intelligent educated Black women of achievement who also express thier lack of trust of Black men and lack of desire to see them in any position of authority....that hits home.

Because you KNOW how you feel and how to express yourself and have made your feelings clear.

This is disappointing, especially when I go out in society and watch the way White women walk behind, rub the backs of, and hang off the arms of White men who have little to offer them.
They seem to see it as their "duty" to support thier men regardless as to whether he deserves it or not.

Whether it's good or bad, I often find myself wondering why do so many of OUR women have to be so independant and they get to have sweet little submissive women?

Here I was hibernating in my cave, so disgusted with the all the injustices, the corruption, the violence, and materialism in the world that I am seeking escape, focusing on all the good memories of the past and on all the ethereal possibilities that might be what compromises life after death.  Then here you come, Pioneer, griping about my attitude toward black men, unable to understand why I have such a dim view of so many of them.

Hummm. It’s not that I think black men are dumb or incorrigible. It's more like I find them ignorant in too many areas because they don’t even know what it is that they should be knowledgeable about.

As for you, I’d judge you to be a sincere person of decent character, reasonably articulate, and civil.  But I also consider you to be fraught with inconsistencies, and quite prone to making the generalities that frame your contradictory approach to issues. As worldly as you claim to be, it's like you lead a sheltered life.

You diss your black brothers  by declaring that they live by a set of standards that don’t require them to be responsible and after you further claim that since they are incapable of being good leaders it’s inexcusable to disparage someone  like Jesse Jackson  because there are so few worthy black men to replace him, you then reprimand women like me for being hard on black men. Gimme a break!   With spokesmen like you pleading their case, and under-estimating their leadership abiilities, who needs black women to put black men down???  Even  as hyper-critical as I am, I would not cast Jesse Jackson as the best we have to offer. There are a lot of other black men more exemplary than the glib, ego-centric, materialistic reverend who nobody really takes very seriously anymore.  How could you not be aware of this??? 

Then, Pioneer, you proceed to chide black woman for not being supportive of black men,  of  not being sweet and submissive like white women.  Puleeze. First of all, white women are the most prized possession in the world, put on a pedestal by the men who protect and cherish them.  And prominent among the males who are enamored of white women, are a substantial number of black men, especially those who’ve achieved prestige and status. Black women as  a class, however, have been relegated to the bottom of the heap, disrespected and abandoned by their men and scorned  by a color-conscious society. What is the incentive for them to blindly support their black brothas? Does none of this occur to you???

Secondly, white women are who were in the forefront of the Womens’ Lib, and today they are out there exerting more independence than black ones who, incidentally, never embraced the Feminist Movement in any great numbers. Why? Because there was nothing more they would’ve liked than for black men to step up and take command, relieving  their women of all the responsibilities they were burdened with.  No such luck. Even so, prominent black wives do tend to stand by their husbands.  It’s single  black females who turn their backs because they have been kicked to the curb by the men who regularly devalue them. Is this a revelation to you???

Incidentally, I have not always been this candid. There was a time when I would bite my tongue, and exercise tact and charm to achieve my ulterior motives. Now I don’t have to do that anymore.  If what I say offends inept black men, then so be it. Who gives a damn? They don't and neither do I?

Well, Pioneer, this is what you get for stirring me out of my “mid winter’s night dream”.   <_<   zzzzzzzzzzzz. 

• Like 2

It is news worthy. Not my interest. I think it is good to have forums where difference if opionions are encouraged. In a way it is more relevant than some of the intuitive or intellectual post.

Otherwise your site becomes undemocratic.

I actually am impressed with the wide range of topics. If it annoys you that means it strikes a nerve.

• Like 1

The LCD sells.Which authors or genre sell the most

I guess that is just it. These preachers not matter how charismatic, or popular are merely men. Who often demonstrate on personally matters they are barely average men.

What I don't understand is why we find this "revelation" so interesting?

But a more compelling question to the, Black media, out there is why do they seem to cater their content to the lowest common denominator?

Lol @ claims of being "worldly"......
Not sure where I made those claims but if you're referring to my having traveled around North America and briefly Europe, most of the time I was looking for work.  I wasn't traveling as some scientist or scholar on a fact finding mission to collect data.  However traveling to different places did give me the opportunity to observe different environments and the people in them.

Hey.....
No need to explain the aggressive nature of your views.
Actually I wasn't  "griping" about your views of Black men anyway.
Infact I share many of them.

I was actually sulking a bit outloud over how deep and unanimous the mistrust and resentment of

Black men is among many Black women regardless of thier intellect or social status.

On a lighter note..............

I keep looking at that picture of the young lady....uh Karin...??....I believe?

A woman of her complexion really shouldn't be wearing RED lipstick.

Red Lipstick :lol:

A woman of her complexion should keep her legs closed when in the presence of Reverent Jackson.

What a sexist comment from the both of you. The 'good reverend' has a history of cheating on his wife, this was not the first time. Only this time he got caught with his pants down.The deed has been done and the very least he can do is man up and take care of his child. This is not about the good ole boys coming to the rescue of one of their own but about the responsilbility and well-being of this child.  

• Like 1

Sorry Anika I did not mean to come across as sexist, but I stand behind the comment even though it was made in jest. 

The point, in case you missed it, was to highlight Pioneer's focus on the color of her lipstick rather than her adultery.  I know in today's culture some may view a dark woman wearing red lipstick as being as offensive as getting pregnant by a married man.

Honestly while I was unaware of Jackson rampant affairs, it does not surprise me. Nor does the behavior of the women he deals with. 

I think Jackson, based upon actual behavior, is far more sexist than I.  I just wish more people would be willing to call him on it.  Perhaps Jackson Sr. would have exercised a little more discretion and maybe some of that would have rubbed off on the son, Jackson Jr. 

I heard, on public radio (you can't escape this nonsense), that Jackson Jr, gave his mistress a $50K Rolex watch -- money he stole from campaign contributions!  How stupid can you be?

I'm not naive enough to believe men of their power (and arrogance) are not going to cheat on their wives. Fine, but can you stop making the babies and try not to steal to finance your affairs?  Can you pay your child support?  

What the hell is going on with the Brothers in Chicago anyway?!

What a sexist comment from the both of you. The 'good reverend' has a history of cheating on his wife, this was not the first time. Only this time he got caught with his pants down.The deed has been done and the very least he can do is man up and take care of his child. This is not about the good ole boys coming to the rescue of one of their own but about the responsilbility and well-being of this child.

Anika

Three points.................

1. I am sexist.

I dont' believe women or men are superior to the other but I do believe that being biologically and even psychologically different both have separate roles to play in society.

2. Dark skinned women of color SHOULD NOT imitate White women in terms of make-up.

What looks good on them doesn't necessarily look good on our women and vice versa.

Red lipstick and blue eye shadow is for lightskinned women with blue/green eyes.

At the risk of sounding gay (I'm homophobic as well)...........

Black women of her complexion should wear a darker shade of brown.

3. Finally....

Let us be clear, the "ole boy" network is made up of WHITE men, not all men in general.

Black men should never be accused of being in some "good ole boy" group.

• Like 1

One of the things that made me angry during the 2008 presidential race was how Sarah Palin constantly refered to having broken up the "ole boy network" in Alaska when she became the Governor.....and how no one in the media called her the contradiction of being a Republican Conservative who brags about her record on women's rights.

The Republican Party ITSELF is the grand ole "good ole boy" party.

Wow I mostly agree with you Pioneer.  I do believe our culture does itself a disservice by making believe women and men are completely interchangeable.  Men are not women with penises or vice-versa.

The problem is men and women in this culture are thoroughly confused about what are respective roles are, and more importantly SHOULD, be in society.

I guess that technically makes me sexist too :o

Anika

Three points.................

1. I am sexist.

I dont' believe women or men are superior to the other but I do believe that being biologically and even psychologically different both have separate roles to play in society.

2. Dark skinned women of color SHOULD NOT imitate White women in terms of make-up.

What looks good on them doesn't necessarily look good on our women and vice versa.

Red lipstick and blue eye shadow is for lightskinned women with blue/green eyes.

At the risk of sounding gay (I'm homophobic as well)...........

Black women of her complexion should wear a darker shade of brown.

3. Finally....

Let us be clear, the "ole boy" network is made up of WHITE men, not all men in general.

Black men should never be accused of being in some "good ole boy" group.

I don't totally disagree with you [esp.on no.1]....another reason why men should take their responsibility for their family and offspring seriously,and stop leaving all or most of the resposilbilities to the women. This is a serious injustice.

The good ole boys club can be any race...its basically a bunch of scroundrel 'men' who support each other in their wrongdoing.

Troy

If you notice, this confusion on what roles men and women should assume is more pronounced among the poor and working classes. Among the rich and upper-middle class the traditional roles of men and women are not only alive and well but continually instilled and passed down through generations.

I believe gender neutrality is one of the techniques that have been historically used by the upperclasses to keep lower classes in a perpetual state of instability, men and women fighting, and broken families that ensures destitution and poverty.

Anika

I don't totally disagree with you [esp.on no.1]....another reason why men should take their responsibility for their family and offspring seriously,and stop leaving all or most of the resposilbilities to the women. This is a serious injustice.

In order for men to assume responsibilities for thier families the women must be willing to ALLOW them to.

But then again........

If that man has a history of irresponsibility and ignorance, it's kind of hard to do that.

The good ole boys club can be any race...its basically a bunch of scroundrel 'men' who support each other in their wrongdoing

((Pioneer holds up a hand in protest))

Ahh...but I beg to differ.

The good ole boy is a euphemism for WHITE MEN who support eachother in their wrong doings against women and people of color.

We were never apart of it, nor were we allowed to be.

Now Black men can can be quite sexist, and have been known to abuse and mistreat their women, I'm not denying that. But we weren't the ones sitting around in smoke filled rooms for centuries plotting and planning how to best oppress women of color around the world and exploit them for sex and labor.

If Black men didn't get a share of the spoils, why should they get a  share the blame?,