MAN IMITATING GOD,SPECIES.

I  SAW ON THE  HYBRID ANIMAL  WEBSITE MAN  -SCIENTIST ARE CREATING NEW SPECIES OF ANIMALS,HYBRID  MEANING  DNA  OF ONE ANIMAL  WITH ANOTHER ANIMAL DNA..EXAMPLES, ZEBROID-HALF  ZEBRA  HALF DONKEY.WHOLPIN  -HALF  DOLPHIN HALK KILLER WHALE, GROLAR   HALF  POLAR BEAR  HALF   GRIZZLY BEAR, SAVANNAH   A DOMESTIC CAT  AND  THE AFRICAN  SERVAL LONG EARED  CAT.    GENETICALLY ENGINEERED   FOOD-CAMA   HALF LLAMA AND CAMEL  CREATING AN ANIMAL STRONGER AND PRODUCES MORE WOOL/ BEEFALO  HALK  BISON  -AMERICAN  CATTLE, CREATED FOR  MORE BEEF PRODUCTION/DZO   HALF YAK  HALF DOMESTIC CATTLE.CREATED TO  PRODUCE     MORE MILK AND MEAT,DO YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE EATING,THEN THERE IS THE IRON AGE PIGS,  HALF   DOMESTIC  PIGA AND WILD BOARS, CREATED TO PRODUCE  MORE PORK,REALLY. ALMOST FORGOT THE LEOPON  HALF  LEOPARD  AND HALF LION.GENETICALLY  MODIFIED   DNA    ORGANISMS   ,HOW  LONG BEFORE  THEY BEGAN   GENETICALLY   EXPERIMENTING WITH PEOPLE.CREATING A  SUPERIOR SOLDIER FOR WAR OR A SUPERIOR RACE/........MAN   IMITATING GOD WITH ANIMALS   CREATING  NEW SPECIES  , ARE PEOPLE NEXT....../..

I sure hope so, we can use the evolutionary jump as a species...

But before you abandon hope, fear not for mankind is already on it.  They are already inserting human DNA in animals supposedly to test drugs, doing, since doing that on poor Black people is frowned upon nowadays. 

Ultimately these chimera can be used for spare hearts, lungs, even providing external wombs, for genetically designed babies, for professional woman to busy to go through the process of mate selection, conception and bringing a baby to term in her own body. 

Think of all the jobs that will be created, the taxes to be levied -- maybe it will save my social security.

I'm a God fearing man.

Man can never be "God" nor can we ever take the place of God.

I also believe that as human beings God placed us on this planet to accumulate knowledge and rule it, therefor we not only have a right but possibly even a duty to gain as much knowledge as The Creator allows.
...but for RIGHTEOUS purposes.
Like producing more food, curing diseases, protecting environment, ect.

Not to manipulate or destroy people or trick them into being consumers or experiment on them.

Why would an omnipotent god entrust the future of this planet to human beings, Pioneer?  I'm more inclined to believe that Man is solely in charge, and that "god" is just another name for the inherent abilityof mortals to influence and control their own destiny. We are all divine in our own right and our greatest challenge is to cope with the results of randomness.  

• Like 1

Count me in, @Troy and @Cynique

When there is talk of righteousness, superior race, and what someone’s God prefers, whoa, danger always lurks.

Particularly, people of the African Diaspora should fear such notions since for hundreds of years European imperialists sent explorers
and clergymen to enslave and destroy their cultures based purely on the Christian concept that people of color are inferior races.

And, surely, who has forgotten the consequences of Hitler’s Aryan race movement.  

I am reminded of an old saw: One man’s God is another man’s oppressor.   

Troy

Unfortunately Pioneer "RIGHTEOUS purposes" is purely in the eye of the beholder, and therein lies the rub.
One man's human experimentation is another man's form of advancement.

I hear what you're saying, but that can be said about any type of science/technology.

Some may have said the diabolical experiments carried out by the Nazis were grounds enough to halt ALL future experiments for scientific/meidcal research.

Hell, somebody can make an argument that you shouldn't build cars because there's a history of angry women using them to run over baby daddies.

We can't use a few negative examples as an excuse to retard progress.

((Pioneer stands up with one hand on his hip and the other pointing directly ahead with a stern look on his face and a puzzled look on his lady's face ))

Science and humanity must continue to march forward!

As I said before, examples of righteousness are....
-producing more food
-curing diseases
-protecting the environment

It's not that hard or obscure to figure out the right way to use science and technology.
If you're using it to help people it's good, if you're using it to hurt or kill people it's wrong.

Cynique

Why would an omnipotent god entrust the future of this planet to human beings, Pioneer?

Don't ask me.....lol.
No one CC's me memos on God's plans for humanity.

If I were to speculate, I believe that this planet and this realm we're living in is just a lower level of many realities and we as human beings are placed here to learn and progress before moving on.
Perhaps part of that is in appreciating and maintaining the beautiful world that was given to us.

I'm more inclined to believe that Man is solely in charge, and that "god" is just another name for the inherent abilityof mortals to influence and control their own destiny. We are all divine in our own right and our greatest challenge is to cope with the results of randomness.

I believe you said you study Buddhism, and ofcourse it teaches one to be content and at peace with that which they can't change.
But that mentality can often retard progress because one rarely knows what one can or can't change unless they try.

BTW....
I noticed that you twice used the word "god" with the small "g"....not the big "G".

((Pioneer grins))

....as if you're trying to play it safe, lol.

Sure, Pioneer I believe in scientific advancement to improve humanity. Hitler was motivated by racism, not improving humanity -- although he may have seen it that way.

Much of the progress here in the US is motivated by money not improving the human condition.  The two motivations are very, very different we couple them in our society because of capitalism and assume them mean the same thing.  They do not.