BLACK REPUBLICAN DR. BEN CARSON..

THE   BLACK REPUBLICAN OF THE MOMENT  DR.  BEN CARSON.. HE SAID IF THE LORD  WANTS HIM TO BE PRESIDENT HE WOULD...THE TEA PARTY NEO   NAZI  DO NOT  LIKE  THE  PRESIDENT BECAUSE  HE IS BLACK IN THE WHITEHOUSE..DOES  THIS  INTELLIGENT MAN THINK THEY  WOULD NOT SEND  LETTER WITH RICIN OR ANTHRAX  TOWARD HIM///DR. CARSON  SEEMS TO  THE FAVORITE BLACK   PERSON    OF THE REPUBLICANS  NOW,LIKE ALLEN WEST AND HERMAN CAIN,,GENERAL  POWELL WAS  UNTIL HE BEGIN  SUPPORTING  THE PRSIDENT/DOES  DR.  BEN CARSON THINK  THE PRESIDENT  WAS BORN IN THIS COUNTRY/BLACK REPUBLICANS THINK  THE PRESIDENT  BIRTH CERTIFICATE WAS FORGED......DOES  DR.  BEN CARSON REALLY THINK   THE   REUBLICANS WILL SUPPORT   HIM INTO THE WHITEHOUSE.....//

That's the first time I've seen Malik Shabaaz (brother pictured in the video) in a suit and tie...lol.
He's a local activist in the city who usually wears African gear or Black Khakis.
I keep warning people around the country to pay attention to Detroit, what's going on in that city WILL SPREAD to Black communities around the nation.

Here we go with the token Republican negroes, lol.
First you had Alan Keys
Then Herman Cain.
Now this dude.

Ben Carson isn't going to be President.
I doubt if he'll even hold a major public office.

His oversimplified half-ass conservative political views to the side...............

He doesn't have the personality nor the temperment for an executive position.
He's too soft spoken and although he's extremely intelligent he doesn't have the personality to command respect or excite the emotions of his potential base the way an effective politician has to do in order to be taken seriously.
If you ever listen to him speak, you have to wonder how long it would take for him to make a decision the requires immediacy (is that a word?)

In major urban centers this is the case today.  In the film they said the real unemployment rate for Detroit is 50%.  That has been the case for Black folks in Harlem since I started paying attention.  

The problem is masked in Harlem because the community does not have a voice and their are enough wealthy people crowding out  the needs of the majority of the people.  

Pioneer that is the problem with our base we have to be appealed to on an emotional level -- this despite extreme intelligence (as you suggested).  

I posted an interview of Ben Carson recently I got into a long debate with the Brother (who I greatly respect) from ChickenBones.  I posted the interview thinking it would be an example of a professionally successful Brother but was criticized for praising Ben.  At the time I was unaware of his politics.

I heard him speak since then and yes he is rather soft spoken, but I don't judge someone's political effectiveness or leadership potential based upon the timbre of their voice.  

But you may be right charismatic preachers, all style, little substance, seem to exert great power over the masses...

Republicans have a history of finding the the most uncharismatic  "funny style" negroes to get behind for president just to make fools of them.

Look at how they treated both Herman Cain and Alan Keyes before him.

Both of them were far more conservative than the other White candidates they were running against and used to say everything the conservative crowd wanted to hear but everyone KNEW they weren't going to be president.

I never will forget the night Alan Keyes showed up to the Republican presidential debate and Pat Buchanan and the others actually called the cops on him and had him taken away.

Watch for it after the 3 minute mark:

• Like 1

Humm I recall Keyes was not in this debate but I had no idea all of this took place. 

Needless to say this helps explain why the Republican have less than zero juice with Black folks.  But again given our numbers they don;t need us.  Given their behavior (Ben Carson aside), they don't really care either.

For a quick second i entertained the idea the Black people would be more successful if they would stop being so beholden to the Democrat Party and kind of balance thier votes between the Democrats and Republicans to make both parties fight on behalf of our interests.

But now, since both parties get so much of thier funding from the rich and could care less for the support of the "little man".....I don't think that strategy would be very effective anyway.

I'm neither a registered Republican NOR Democrat because I think both parties have policies that are not only NOT in the best interests of AfroAmericans, but now aren't even in the best interests of the American people in general.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

First of all, I am not a Republican.  But I must say that I admire Dr. Carson, not for his politics but for his medical accomplishments.  He had the stamina and dedication to weather many years of university study in a highly technical field.  To become a doctor is not easy by any stretch of the imagination.  It takes work, a lot of work over a long period of time...approximately 8 - 9 years.  That's almost an entire decade.  I could say more but I hope my point is made.  I really have a great deal of resect for anyone who is able to dedicate themselves to push through 7, 8, or 9 years of schooling whether it's in medicine, law, accounting, economics...etc...Dr. Carson's work in brain research and treatment of brain diseases and injury has been monumental.  Now, regarding Dr. Carson becoming President of the United States?  Not a chance.  He is not qualified.  He does not possess the requisite skill set required of the Presidency.  I assume he's a decent, law abiding citizen.  I surely hope so.  Although he seems to be a nice guy, highly competent in his field, respected in the medical profession, and quite intelligent, he is not, due to these qualities, Presidential material.  What I particularly detest is the negative attitude that he takes toward Black people.  This is shameful on his part especially when he denigrates his own people while he's addressing predominantly white audiences.  It's as if he has to gain favor with white people by disrespecting Black folks.  If he wants their favor, then earn it based upon his own unique personality and credentials.  I don't care about his politics.  He can be a Republican if he wants to.  This is America and he's free to accept or reject any political philosophy as he chooses.  In my opinion, be a Republican because he agrees with that party's political ideology.  But when he starts talking badly about Black people, he disrespects his heritage and his own parents and grand parents who grew up under Jim Crow which was one of the most violent, cruel times for Black people.  Enough said.  Again...I admire Dr. Carson.  I appreciate that he is doing a lot of good in the medical profession.  But I think he should stick to what he's good at - medicine and the art of healing people.  If he really wants to dabble in politics, I'd strongly suggest that he utilize his popularity and influence to work with politicians (both Republicans and Democrats) at the federal, state, and municipal levels, the American Medical Association, the National Medical Association, hospitals, insurance companies, colleges and universities, and ordinary citizens, so that health care can be provided to all Americans, not just to the 1% but also to the rest of us in the 99%. 

Hey Judge welcome to the conversation.

I'm not a Republican (or  Democrat) either.  I admire Ben for his medical prowess too, perhaps not as much as you do but his accomplishments are indeed noteworthy.

Sure getting a medical degree takes time and work, but intellectually Ben was suited for the task.  He was born that way. There are people who have to work just as hard, to get a High School diploma, as Ben did to get his MD.  Both accomplishments are just as admirable, but I digress...

I'd bet Ben is just as qualified as Obama was -- indeed one can make a reasonable argument that Ben is more qualified (I won't make it but a smart person easily could).

I also don't recall Ben ever saying anything against Black people.  Ben of has been critical of the behavior of some Black people which is a big distinction.

In any event it would be interesting to see if Black people would support a Carson presidency in significant numbers.  Probably not over Hillary.

I cast a jaundiced eye at anyone who smugly looks down from their pedestal and says  something to the effect that "if I can do it, you can do it".  This assertion sounds noble and modest but is an empty platitude.  Not everybody has the same potential. Contrary to constitutional rhetoric, all men are not created equal. Some are born more intelligent and more talented and more skilled than others.  Everybody who makes it big, had what it took to do this, and when an opportunity presented itself, they were able to take advantage of it; cream eventually rises to the top. Inept people obviously do not progress because of their ability; their upward mobility has to do with them being rewarded by the people who use and manipulate them for their own purposes. (Think, George Bush)

Yet,  people like Dr. Ben Carson seemingly want to set themselves up as examples and chide anybody who, as Troy has noted, doesn't have the innate ability to do as well as the doctor has done. An effective  leader doesn't preoccupty himself with shaking his finger at his naughty constituents. He has the wisdom to realize that he has to create optimal conditions for everyone to do their best. If Dr. Carson thinks the Republican Party offers the best springboard for him to help Blacks reform their errant ways, then he is not utilizing the knowledge he should have when it comes to recognizing the signs and symptoms of a malignancy. 

When it comes to black people, unless single black females stop having more children than they can care for, progress will be stalled. Bad schools are, of course, a factor, but it should be remembered that parents are children's first teachers, and young baby mamas are not equipped to fulfill this role. Republicans are not great advocates when it comes to birth control measures or educational reform. Their idea of creating jobs is to  reinforce the prison industry.

America is in such a state of disarray that no one individual can guide the ship of state through perilous waters. It's hard not to recall how things were back in the 1950s and the unspoken agreement of the Eisenhower years. "Ike" was not power hungry and he voluntarily settled into the role of a figurehead, quite receptive to the idea of the country being ruled  "by committee." Was he crazy?  Crazy like a fox. The 8 years of his presidency were a fairly stable era, a time when Americans looked upon their president as a kindly father figure. And from his vantage point, he was the one who warned against the rising specter of the military industrial complex that now has America in its grip. 

I'd be interested in hearing what argument "smart" people would come up in determining that Carson is more qualified than Obama as presidential caliber.  Just because somebody can cut and stitch and prescribe pain killers doesn't mean he can heal the human condition.  Obama is savvy and knows the score.  He just can't surmount the racism that restricts him.  This should clue Carson to the reality that unless he's a Republican puppet, racism will stifle him, too.

• Like 1

I'd be interested in hearing what argument "smart" people would come up in determining that Carson is more qualified than Obama as presidential caliber.

Ah hem.....

Did someone ask for ME?

I doubt if you'd even get that argument from most smart people (which is probably why you put "smart" it in quotes) ,  because most people with good judgment will readily see that Carson is not ready for the political major leagues.

Oh Carson may be very smart.....probably even smarter than Obama from a strictly intellectual standpoint or a contest between who can store the most knowledge in their heads.

Med-school is much harder than Law school and if you want to be a doctor you usually have to start preparing yourself as early as highschool.

Any 4 year degree will get you into most Law Schools.

But Mr Carson doesn't have "it".

He doesn't have the charisma Obama has to make people like and support him unconditionally.

He doesn't even have the charm to be an effective politician let alone President of the United States.

He's too "dull" and soft spoken in speech.

He doesn't even know how to properly use body language.

Look at videos of his speeches and lectures and how the audience reacts to him.

Although you see a lot of heads nodding in agreement the only time he recieves applause is at the beginning and ending of his presentation.

He doesn't have what it takes....what is absolutely NECESSARY to draw out and arouse strong emotion out of people in order to stir to action.....or atleast to the voting booth.

-and that's CHARISMA.