BLACK PEOPLE AND UNCLE TOM'S CABIN////

IT IS  SAID  WHEN  BLACK PEOPLE  CALL A  BLACK PERSON  A  UNCLE TOM, THEY  ARE  MEANING   SELLING OUT TO   WHITE   PEOPLE///LETS   TALK ABOUT WHO  UNCLE TOM  WAS  ACCORDING TO  THE BOOK  UNCLE TOM'S CABIN....TOM  WAS   A   LONG  SUFFERING  RELIGIOUS SLAVE..WHO  HAD FAITH AND TRIED TO  HELP OTHER SLAVES...BOOK SAYS....HE WAS SOLD TO  SIMON LEGREE   A  VILE  SLAVE   OWNER..HATED TOM  WANTED  TO  STOP TOM'S FAITH  IN GOD.....SIMON  LEGREE  ORDERED  TOM  WHIPPED TO DEATH... ..BLACK PERSON  IN A CONFINED REALITY   HELPING OTHER PEOPLE   IN CONFINED REALITY  AND HAVING  REAL  FAITH.....I  HAVE  SEEN  SOME  BLCK  PEOPLE   CALLLED  UNCLE  TOM,,,THEY  DO  NOT  FIT  THAT  DESCRIPTION... /////.BLACK  PEOPLE  HAVE  RE ENSLAVED THEMSELVES,THEIR COMMUNITIES...WE  HAVE  A LOT  OF  HOUSE NEGROES..POLITICIANS,AND CHURCH PREACHERS....LOT OF  SUCESSFUL  BLACK PEOPLE   DO  NOT CARE  ABOUT THE  BLACK POOR.//////.BLACK PEOPLE WHO SELL OUT TO WHITE   PEOPLE ARE NOT  UNCLE TOM'S......//THEY  ARE  HOUSE  NEGROES//////////////....LET'S READ ,UNCLE TOM'S CABIN.......///

That's just one interpretation of these words.  Language evolves over time. "Uncle Tom" may have originally  referred to a kindly ol slave in the book by Harriet Beecher Stowe, but down through the centuries, like many other words, the "Uncle Tom" label  evolved and came to take on an expanded meaning, referring to someone who doesn't act too uppity around  "da massa" but who emulates the reserved solicitous demeanor of a slave  who does not want to offend "da Massa" for fear of being punished.

"House niggas" are middle class Blacks and, as such, are really in limbo.  While it's true that they don't always reach  back to help underclass Blacks, it's equally true that they don't necessarily sell out to Whites; they just buy into the bougousie materialsm that their middle incomes enable them to afford.    They are upwardly mobile people, mostly self-absorbed and only concerned with their own personal progress. My idea of a  "sell-out" is somebody of any stripe who betrays his people..

"House niggas" are middle class Blacks and, as such, are really in limbo. While it's true that they don't always reach back to help underclass Blacks, it's equally true that they don't necessarily sell out to Whites; they just buy into the bougousie materialsm that their middle incomes enable them to afford. They are upwardly mobile people, mostly self-absorbed and only concerned with their own personal progress. My idea of a "sell-out" is somebody of any stripe who betrays his people..

Here we go again....................

((Pioneer takes off his glasses and tosses them on the bed))

It's so silly to collectively call middle class Black people "house niggaz".

See......it's THAT type of mentality....

Calling Black people "bougie" when they act proper.

Accusing Black people of "talking White" when they use proper grammar.

Acting White when they do good in school.

Saying things like:

"Ooooowweee.....I'm tellin' ya if you're in the middle class then you MUST be materialistic and bought into some sort of pyramid scheme devised to keep the masses enslaved!!!!!"

It's that same type of collective punishment towards Black achievement, that keeps so many of our people locked into an inferior mindset and retards any potential progress in many Black communities.

Keeps people thinking they have to be broke and sitting on some curb in the ghetto smoking NewPorts in order to be "real".

My idea of "sell outs" are these no good rappers and dope dealers who literally SELL their people out just for money and fame not caring what damage they're doing both physically and psychologically to thier own kind.

OSTFU, Pioneer,  and quit putting words in my mouth and reading things into what I said and realize that you are no more of an authority on Blacks than any other opinionated person. The only thing you have expertise in is overestimating your intellect. 

"Bougie" and "ghetto and "house niggas"  are slang terms in keeping with the black vernacular.  Middleclass values are characteristic of the middleclass and that's the category that a certain strata  of black people fall into  by virtue of their income and educational level. Have you ever taken a course in Sociology??? Middleclass is an objective term. "Bougie" is short for  "bourgeois" which is French for the ruling class.  I did not criticize materialism or speaking standard English or black achievement.    That's the rhetoric of your stupid ranting.     

Poor baby, did him  have a tantrum and throw his glasses on the bed cuz  Cynique and Harry had the nerve to say something he doesn't like to hear.  How dare somebody express opinions that go contrary to Pioneer who has yet to encounter an issue which he isn't totally convinced  he is absolutely right about. Puleeze. 

Zinique

YOU SAID...and I quote:

"House niggas" are middle class Blacks and, as such, are really in limbo

To sit up there and say that middle class Black people....
Professional Black people
Working Black people
Both of whom make up the "middle class"

.....are "house niggas" is an insult to them and not only mininizes thier achievements but actually DEMONIZES their achievements.
It's like saying they shouldn't be where they are, they should be poor and broke and out in the streets struggling like the other "field niggas".

Uh...this type of thinking...Cynique.....is certainly not helpful.

"Bougie" is short for "bourgeois" which is French for the ruling class

Actually the Bourgeois were the middle class that BUFFERED the ruling class standing between them and the peasants.

You need to brush up on your history, lol.

Do you know what you're talking about??  You need to do some brushing up, yourself.  "Values" are an integral part of the middleclass. Values have to do with ethics and morals  A person can earn a lot of money but still not possess "middle class values".  The working class are the "proliteriat" or the  blue collar laborers and they are not tradionally a part of the middleclass so you cannot make the blanket statement  that professional Blacks and working class Blacks all fall in the middle class. The rich, of course, are the upper class. 

The term "house nigga"  is not necessarily a demonic term. I repeat, it's slang and is not really used that much anymore.  They were originally the slaves who had better status and more privileges than the field and yard niggas.  This is not a reflection on them;  it's a reflection on The System, -  as is it today.  Now they are the upwardly mobile people who have obtained the credentials that give them some rank.  

Too bad your concern about demonic labels doesn't prohibit you from derisively calling people "ghetto".  But it figures

The reason why the working class aren't traditionally counted as Middle Class is because that definition was established BEFORE the industrial age.....sometime during the French Revolution.....when the vast majority of the workers were indeed poor.

But after the Industrial Revolution and Labor movement most workers today earn income above the poverty level if they work full time.

So today it is more accurate to say that there are 2 "middle classes".

Blue Collar-Working Class (factor workers, police/firemen, postal workers, ect.....)

White Collar-Professional Class (doctors, lawyers, small business owners, politicians, ect...)

At the very bottom UNDER the working class are the Poor/Destitute Class (homeless, welfare, chronically unemployed, ect......)

The distinction that has to be made is between middle class and middle income.  A plumber making 80 thousand dollars a year, but is a high school drop out and has a bunch of kids, one of whom is an unmarried pregnant teen-age daughter does not exemplify middle-class values. An inner city drug dealer making $10,000 a week, is not "bougie".   

Cynique

The distinction that has to be made is between middle class and middle income. A plumber making 80 thousand dollars a year, but is a high school drop out and has a bunch of kids, one of whom is an unmarried pregnant teen-age daughter does not exemplify middle-class values.

An NBA basketball star born and raised in the hood who's now worth 20 million dollars doesn't have the same "values" as the owners of the Walgreen's drugstore chain.

.....yet they're worth about the same amount and they are in the same "class".

Also, don't confuse "middle class" values with "White Anglo-Saxon Protestant" values that often transend economic boundaries.

The Democrats made this mistake during the 1980 presidential campaign.

An inner city drug dealer making $10,000 a week, is not "bougie".

No?

But hasn't he also bought into the the very "materialism" that you condemn but attribute to the more "legitimately arrived" middle class Blacks?

It's not what people regard themselves as.  It's  how a Sociologists would classsify them in the cultural spectrum.  The movie "The Great Gatsby" which just opened is a classic example of a man trying to buy class.  Ghetto fabulous bling is not comparable to the expensive understated good taste of the middle class.  A black athlete making big money doesn't have the inherited wealth of the upper class. He and other millionaire celebrities are examples of the unrefined noveau riche.

Middle class values are grounded in WASP values and Southern Aristocracy.  That's who house niggas got them from. 

As a voting bloc, it was all about middle income ranks because they are the ones shouldering the financial burdern.  All middle class people have middle income but all middle income people do not have middle class values.

Cynique

It's not what people regard themselves as. It's how a Sociologists would classsify them in the cultural spectrum. The movie "The Great Gatsby" which just opened is a classic example of a man trying to buy class. Ghetto fabulous bling is not comparable to the expensive understated good taste of the middle class. A black athlete making big money doesn't have the inherited wealth of the upper class.

Middle class values are grounded in WASP values and Southern Aristocracy. That's who house niggas got them from.
As a voting bloc, it was all about middle income ranks because they are the ones shouldering the financial burdern. All middle class people have middle income but all middle income people do not have middle class values.

Being Ghetto Fab is comparable to traditional "middle class values" in the sense that rich Black people are using their disposable income to buy that which will bring them happiness, security, and contentment the same as rich Whites even if they don't value the same enjoyments.

Most Black men love jewelry, fancy cars, and a lot of women despite where we were raised or how long wealth has been in our families.   
There are few "Carlton Banks from the Fresh Prince of Bel Air" among the Black aristocracy.
Most of them seem to act like Brandy and Ray J.
Most wealthy Blacks and Whites just have different social values period.
I think this behavior is more than just cultural.....but I'll stop right there, lol.

I know there's old wealth and there is a certain culture that goes along with it, but still most of what we call "middle class" values are actually White Anglo Saxon Protestant values that even the lower working classes of America strived to maintain.

Values such as: Monogamy, lack of flashy loud clothing, bland music, quiet household, hunting, ect.....

You find White people of all classes engaging in these habits (if they can afford it)

While the richest Black men and women tend to like the same thing the poorest Black men and women like....flashy jewelry, similar tastes in music, loud colored clothes, promoting their sensuality.
The only difference is rich negroes can afford more of the good thing, lol.

There are no more "middle class values" so to speak in America today because the dot-com bubble as well as the entertainment industry has made wealth too diverse.

Now there IS a "culture of success" and achievement and a "culture of poverty".
But this has more to do with education, work habits,  and spending habits more so than typical social habits.

You're speaking in generalities and describing the aforementioned "noveau riche".  The black middle class people I know  do not favor a lot of flashy jewelry and loud clothes.  They are laid back and elegantly tasteful.    

Cynique

You're speaking in generalities and describing the aforementioned "noveau riche". The black middle class people I know do not favor a lot of flashy jewelry and loud clothes. They are laid back and elegantly tasteful.

((With his eyebrows raised and a finger up Pioneer declares....))

You know, I have a very good joke in mind regarding that statement.

But since you haven't insulted me tonight...so far....I'll keep it to myself, lol.

I'm sure you shifted into a double entendre mode, Pioneer, imagining oral sex in a reclining position as one way to interpret the "laid back style" and elegant taste of the middle class. 

Nobody ever said  that the "whatever goes on behind closed doors between consenting adults" rule doesn't apply to the middle  class.