Sign in to follow this  
Delano

Astrology - Does it make sense?

Delano

Pioneer I find it interesting that people say the esoteric is not scientific. Whereas quite a few of the giants in science and philosophy held esoteric beliefs.

The most learned men of science KNOW....not simply believe.....KNOW that a spirit world exists.

Tesla, Edison, most of scientists of the West knew the spirit world existed when they discovered that sight and sound could be transported through invisible radio waves in the air.

They just keep it secret.
That's what esoteric....or occult means.
Secretive and available only to a select few.

I've said many times that most of the people at the very TOP of academia are really NOT atheists and fully believe in a Creator despite thier public claims and how they present themselves.

Pioneer knowing what something is used for may not tell you it's purpose. I mean what is the purpose of a truck. That depends on who you ask.

Like electricity or people, I can tell how they are utilized but their purpose I haven't a clue. What is the purpose of Astrology? I hope you're wrong because I use it at least 100 times a year. High Magic is about improving the person, low is about improving the situation.

Troy you have given me an idea. Perhaps we say something is impossible because it doesn't happen all the time, or its opposite does happen all the time. Or we say some thing is improbable because it happens to a few people seldomly. or it happens to one person three times.

The reason this is meaningful to me is that I am only dealing with one person. So I ant to capitalize on what is an aggregate impossibility and create some highly unlikely outcomes.

I

Delano

Pioneer knowing what something is used for may not tell you it's purpose. I mean what is the purpose of a truck. That depends on who you ask.

Like electricity or people, I can tell how they are utilized but their purpose I haven't a clue. What is the purpose of Astrology? I hope you're wrong because I use it at least 100 times a year. High Magic is about improving the person, low is about improving the situation.

When you talk about magic.......

Are you talking about working with chemicals and potions, or actually contacting and working with entities in the spiritual realm?

Pioneer I have done parties with a few psychics. You use different technigues, the newbie says i have never done this before. Each of you us basically saying the same thing. The say how is that possible

I say I don't know, but it works.

You can create a magnetic force from magnets or electricity. The elements are difference but the force is the same. I am using a Magickal definition of elements.

"This is seen, for example,in the continuing reevaluation of the role of alchemy in the scientific thought of Robert Boyle and Isaac Newton, which has demonstrated conclusively that, much more than an early or casual interest, alchemy was at the heart of the thought and the method of each of these pioneers of modern" - Stanton J Linden. The Alchemy Reader From Hermes Trismegistus to Isaac Newton

Hi Waterstar! (and you, too, Delano.)  I've always been interested in meta-physics but I was never particularly drawn to Astrology because I couldn't process how the position of the stars whether during the time of your birth or whether what planet was in your sun sign, etc. could have an effect on your life or your personality. I am more comfortable with Astronomy because there is no vagueness or speculation in its practice.  It is a science and the configuration of the constellations  is consistent and predictible. 

Leo is my astrological sign but my persona is not very aligned with the popular Leo profile.  The sun is my sign but for some reason I've always been more in tune with the moon, always making sure to commune with it during any unusual phenomenon like eclipses, or super moons or blue moons, as well as just plain ol full moons. I guess I'm a lunatic. I often say that my face is mirror of the moon and over a 30-day period goes through changes resembling all phases of the moon.  The magnetic forces of the moon are undoubtedly what transform my pristine babyface into a haggard mask during the course of a month.  :mellow::unsure::)^_^:huh:<_<:wacko::angry:

As we know, the winter solstice is approaching and after December 21st, the shortest day of the year, we will be emerging from the darkness going toward the light that will radiate on June 21st, the longest day of the year. We can only hope. We are in the Age of Aquarius but I have no clue as to what that has to do with what lies ahead...  Obama is a Leo, too, and I guess he and I will phase out together, one way or another.       

Hi Cynique,

Interestingly you are probably more like your moon sign. Sun sign astrology is different than the astrology I practice. However I do a monthly horoscope. At the risk if getting it wrong I try to be more specific. I prefer that a few or moved rather than entertain or baffle many

I predict the Prime minister of australia tony Abbot will be out of office by March 22, 2014 or within two weeks of that date. The next PM will be Tany Pilbersek, in about a year and a half.