Do Gays Really Care about Roy Hibbert's "No Homo" Comment?

Is it just me or is a $75,000 fine over the top for the above comment?

Were gay people so bent out of shape by the utterance of "no homo" during a press conference that they feel a $75K fine, on top of an apology, is warranted, or is this whole "controversy" generated by the media?

Hibbert thought he was being funny.  Predictably, Hibbert's "slur" was twisted to make him seem like he is a rabid Nazi or homophobic Klansman.  He is just a young man who made a silly comment, for which he apologized. 

If the NBA wants uber-politically-correct comments, worthy of the in which we live, then they need to have polished spokesmen field questions from the press after each game. 

Expecting some 20-something kid, who has played basketball all his life, to get it right every time is unrealistic.  This calls for either better training of the players, or elimination of the useless press conferences after the games.

Besides what are the press conferences for other than saying we lost the game because we scored fewer points and for the media to catch some poor kid saying something dumb, that can be blown out of proportion to create a revenue generating controversy for the media's newspapers and websites.

The NBA, of all entities, has the audacity to fine Roy more that what the average American family earns in a year.  No warning, no 2nd chance. 

The NBA the same group of gangsters that have completely corrupted college sports exploiting the educational opportunities of some many, Black men.  By turning a period of education and learning into a minor league system feeding the NBA.  A system for which the NBA plays nothing.

The NBA, the same cartel that charges $100+ for shitty seat and $8 for a warm beer at a game.  Phuleese!

((Pioneer sits at his desk with his hands clasped smiling))

We must understant that this isn't about homophobia or intolerance.
It's really a part of greater social engineering in an effort to get the greater Black community to accept homosexuality.

What they're trying to do is TRAIN Black people not to speak negatively of homosexuality in public.
They do this through fines, punishments, cutting off funding, ect....
They did it with the Black man on Greys Anatomy by firing him after he called another man a "fag" who wasn't even gay.

I've seen television shows like King of Queens and 2 1/2 Men where White men routinely make fun of homosexuality and use terms like "queer" and "that's so gay" and no one says a word about it.
White women speak of "gaydar" in jokes.....again no one says a word about it.

It's not about defending Gay people, it's part of a wider plan to promote acceptance of homosexuality in the AfroAmerican community by stifling all public opposition to it.

• Like 1

Pioneer, I agree that this is not about defending gay people.  But I'm not sure about your explanation. 

Now I would not put anything past a group of people who would enslave another group of people for hundreds of years.  But what would be the motivation of these wealthy corporate elites for promoting "acceptance of homosexuality in the AfroAmerican community"?

I think the impact of what the NBA has done impacts us all.  So while we agree, perhaps over-cynically, that the NBA's actions have nothing to do with morality or a desire to protect gay people, I'm at a loss to divine an alternative rationale.

Maybe the NBA thinks they can attract a new audience of gay men by these over the top actions against players who say anything that can remote be construed to be against gays. 

Interestingly however a Black woman on Twitter said she would stop following and retweeting me based upon my comments.  I doubt she actually read what I wrote here, or listened to what Hibbert actually said.  I believe she was operating on my tweeting the title of this post, "Do Gays Really Care about Roy Hibbert's 'No Homo' Comment?"

She likened Hibberts comments to using "the N word" in public and called it "hate speech".  I disagreed and called Hibbert's comment "silly".  This was enough to get her riled. 

For the record, I'm not for or against gay people, for I'm not concerned with what any consenting adults chose to do with each as long as no one else is hurt.

I,too, have to wonder what would be the ulterior motive of having black people accept homosexuality. 

BTW, the guy Isaiah Washington called a "fag" later confirmed that he was gay.

Here in Illlinois, after much campaigning and lobbying, the same sex marriage bill didn't even have enough support to get to a vote in the state senate.  Much of the opposition was due to the influence of a highly-publicized collaboration between black ministers and Catholic priests. 

The black preachers, of course, said the failure of the bill was an "act of god". The bill is scheduled to come up for another vote and backers think it will get through next time.  If it does, I'm sure it will be referred to as a "victory for satan".

Gay people get on my nerves with all of their "drama". Their religious opponents irk me with all of their sanctimonious references to any obscure, ambiguous bible verse that suits their agendas.  Political correctness is a refuge for people with guilty consciences.   

I'm not so sure that neutralizing the stigma of homosexuality isn't also neudering people, leading them to an eventual lifestyle that is more about sexual diversity rather than sexual orientation.  Will people gradually start to look upon themselves as just people who consider sexual partners as interchangeable alternates that provide different ways of achieving sensual pleasure?  Is a trend toward bi-sexuality picking up momentum??  I don't put anything past the up-and-coming generation. (pun intended)     

• Like 1

Bi-sexuality the new Black?  I certainly think is becoming more acceptable.

Today, as in the past, bi-sexuality is perfectly acceptable behavior in some quarters.  It seems, especially among women today, experimentation with someone of the opposite sex is almost expected.  I see references to this very often pop culture.

I'm sure we can all point to cases, we are personally aware of, in which people have full blow relationships with someone of the opposite sex for years -- even getting married and having children, only to later reveal later on that they were Gay all the time -- then they proceed to enter into a homosexual relationship.

Of course this always confused straight males because we simply can't envision engaging in a long term sexual relationship with another dude and playing the role so well that our partner is completely fooled. 

Is this the behavior of a bi-sexual, homosexual, or adventurous/freaky heterosexual person -- who knows?  I do know it is becoming more acceptable.  As "queer eyes" teach straight guys how to dress properly.  And rumors about two-earring-wearing celebrities from Puffy to Will Smith abound...

Many Christians swear we are in the days of Sodom and Gomorrah and that the "End of Days" are near.  I don't about all of that, but I do know plenty of Negros are completely flummoxed as their Christian beliefs contrast squarely with Obama's support of gay marriage.

Encouraging the acceptance of homosexuality in the AfroAmerican community serves 2 purposes:

1. It strips the Black community of their morals and ethics, thereby weakening the community and making them more vulnerable to be taken advantage of.

For example, AfroAmericans used to have strong families until someone introduced the idea that single women could raise children just as well without a husband or man in the home and it all but destroyed the Black family and weakend our community as a whole.

2. The more Black men who turn gay means there's less comptetion from them when it comes to sex and marriage.

It's not a coincidence that at the same time homosexuality is being encouraged for Black men........White men are dating and marrying Black women in record numbers.

Yes bi-sexuality and homosexuality are being "experimented" with on college campuses just like illegal drugs are.
But JUST LIKE ILLEGAL DRUG.....most White college kids know not to take it too seriously.

In college White kids may grow thier beards and hair long while smoking cocaine and dropping acid but when it comes time to GROW UP and get a job they cut the beards off and put on a suit and clean themselves up to look "presentable".
Black kids who try to emulate them and do the same thing often end up addicted with criminal records and ruined lives.

White kids can "experiment" with homosexuality and then turn around and get married and live an apparently normal life going to church and soccer games like they never engaged in anything illegal or immoral.
But it appears that many of our people have a hard time hiding their dirty laundry.

But it seems that when a lot of our people go a certain way they go all out.

A White man can be gay as hell and you wouldn't even know it unless you followed him around 24/7.
A Black man often has to let THE WORLD know who he is by snapping and twisting when he walks and dressing in loud frilly clothes.

He's making a laughing stock of himself before the world.

Get real,  Pioneer.   Homosexuals may be annoying but they are no more immoral or unethical than any other segment of society. Political correctness recognizes this.   Most Gays are creative, enterprising, gainfully-employed people,  leading upscale lives, driving fine cars,  living in nice apartments.  The idea that there's  a secret conspiracy to turn the black comunity gay is ridiculous.  The black church as well as the rampant homophobic vibe throughout the black community will deter the success of any such  crazy agenda. Not all gay guys are flaming queens.  Many are conservative in manner and dress and this includes black ones.

Like everybody else, young Blacks may experiment with bi-sexualty, but nobody can be turned into a genuine gay person unless they were born with this orientation. If people begin to go both ways just for variety, it will  not be restricted to any one race; everybody will be doing it.  Why do you think Blacks would be any more receptive to a pseudo bi-sexual life style  than crazy-assed white people????  Furthermore, such a trend would be  more akin to an option for those so inclined.   The natural human instinct to mate and reproduce its species will prevail.    

And when are you going to bid the 1960s good bye and move into the 13th year of the 21st centurey??  The days of bearded, hippie, anti-establishment college students "dropping acid" are over. Smoking weed, spiking the drinks of coeds with ecstasy, sexting, cheating on exams,  getting drunk at Frat kegger parties is more like it. Once white college graduates enter the corporate world they continue to do a variation on these things but are simply more discreet.

Some African Americans had strong families; others never did.  Nobody "introduced" the idea that black women could raise  children without men. They were forced into this situation  because of poverty and a ghetto mentality that fostered loose sexual habits that were aided and abetted by niggas who went around knocking up women with no intentions of marrying them.  Black women would've loved to have been taken care of by their men.  But marriage is not a the strong suit of the black community.  Shacking up is.  50 percent of black women never marry.   

Cynique

Most Gays are creative, enterprising, gainfully-employed people, leading upscale lives, driving fine cars, living in nice apartments.

So are most drug dealers....
Does material success means one's lifestyle and behavior is ethical and/or socially acceptable?

Like everybody else, young Blacks may experiment with bi-sexualty, but nobody can be turned into a genuine gay person unless they were born with this orientation. If people begin to go both ways just for variety, it will not be restricted to any one race; everybody will be doing it.

You said "like everybody else"....but how many Arabs, Indians, Koreans, and Pakistani youth are "experimenting" with bi-sexuality?

You don't see Arab and Korean boys switching and snapping up and down the street AS MUCH as White and AfroAmerican boys because they come from a very strong culture with family values that protect them from such immoral influences.  The same holds true for Black boys from African families.
They have FATHERS in the home that would disown them and probably physically harm them for shaming the family with that type of behavior.

Our people USED TO share the same values, but when they abandoned them they fell prey to the immoral and depraved behavior that they now no longer even find shameful.
It's as if many of our people have become so disoriented that they no longer know right from wrong or even have values and principle.

Why do you think Blacks would be any more receptive to a pseudo bi-sexual life style than crazy-assed white people????

For the same reasons feminism and alcohol and drugs and fast foods and the welfare system ill-effects AfroAmericans more so that it does White people....whatever reasons those are.

A negro will take anything and run it into the grown if no one is around to stop him.
Most of our people tend to lack the discipline necessary to "experiment" with these vices.

Some African Americans had strong families; others never did. Nobody "introduced" the idea that black women could raise children without men. They were forced into this situation because of poverty and a ghetto mentality that fostered loose sexual habits that were aided and abetted by niggas who went around knocking up women with no intentions of marrying them. Black women would've loved to have been taken care of by their men.

That's not necessarily true.

Not just some.....MOST AfroAmericans had strong families.

A lot of Black men had good jobs and actually WERE taking care of their families UNTIL the erosion and decline of the agricultural and industrial economies that provided them with good paying jobs.
After that, many of these men could barely take care of themselves....let alone a family.

And let's not forget how affirmative action in corporate America favored hiring Black women  over Black men which further contributed to the decline of Black male success in the workforce.

I'm not trying to excuse the irresponsible behavior of so many Black men who don't want to work or assume responsibility, but we should tell the WHOLE story....not just the parts that conveniently aid our argument, lol.

It's easy to pick on the little brutha on the street with the doo-rag on who isn't educated enough to articulate his frustrations.....but there is a history behind him and his condition.

I can't a believe you. Pioneer.  What planet do you live on?  Gays hold prominent and respected positions all walks of life, in all upper echelons of society!  They are in high government positions,  they are in academia, in religious denominations and the fields of science and technology; they are movers and shakers in the entertainment  and movie industry, and high achievers in corporate America, and are now  accepted in the military chain of command.  They are no more immoral or unethical than anybody else!  Their chosen lifestyle has nothing to do with their character, and the only people who feel this way are narrow-minded, holier than thou hypcrites and bigots. Homosexuality occurs across the board  when it comes to ethnicities and this includes the Korean and Arab communiities who have their share of effeminate ones like any other nationality.

Where Gays are concerned, I, like the majority of Americans polled, tolerate homosexuality. I'm not so sure that Homosexuals are not a 3rd sex, They've always been around and same sex attraction even occurs in the animal kingdom. Like the different races, they probably have their origin in mutations. In any case, I say: "live and let live".  You, on the other hand, are judgmental.  All your talk about God and Heaven and Hell reveal you to be nothing more than a closet Christian; certainly not a free-thinker. Where do you get the idea that God condemns homosexuality???

Your ambivalent stance when it comes to  your own people continues to stir my ire.  One minute Blacks  are the salt of the earth, strong and special, and the next minute they are the scum of the earth dumb and guillible. You have all this maudlin sympathy for the llittle brutha in a doo rag, yet you harbor contempt for gay blacks who can't help being what they are but still manage to be productive members of society.

And you still want to minimize the long term effects of slavery. Slavery was never big on preserving black family units and this influenced Blacks once they were free.  The upper ranks of the caste system tended to emulate the traditions of their former masters while the lower ranks weren't so inclined. These attitudes never went away.  Loss of jobs and the bad economy didn't effect family units that were in tact;  hard times just made marriage difficult to afford, so fewer people wed. but this didn't stop women from having kids.

Affirmative action benefited white women more than black people, because white women, too, had been discriminated against and once the doors were open,  they were already qualified to take advantage of the new opportunities.    

Cynique

I can't a believe you. Pioneer.

Why am I not suprised?
Anyone who can't even make up their mind on the existence of God and proudly calls themselves a "cinque" probably can't bring themselves to believe much of anything.....lol.

What planet do you live on? Gays hold prominent and respected positions all walks of life, in all upper echelons of society! They are in high government positions, they are in academia, in religious denominations and the fields of science and technology; they are movers and shakers in the entertainment and movie industry, and high achievers in corporate America, and are now accepted in the military chain of command.

The same thing can be said for child molestors and rapists.
I'm not equating homosexuality with rape, but I will compare it to pedophilia as both are sexual peversions.

They are no more immoral or unethical than anybody else!

Lil Jon said What??????

That's like saying we'll tolerate ILLEGAL immigrants as long as they work hard and obey the law...lol.

Homosexuality is a moral and ethical issue and the fact that one is engaged in an immoral act by default MAKES them less moral.
Homosexuality is condemned as unethical behavior in every society around the world except Western society.

Homosexuality occurs across the board when it comes to ethnicities and this includes the Korean and Arab communiities who have their share of effeminate ones like any other nationality.

No one said it didn't.
Rape, murder, and theft also occur in every community.....but these vile deeds aren't promoted and those communities aren't proud of those who commit them.

Homosexuals and effeminates indeed exist in every community but they certainly aren't as open about it.  Those communities still hold that behavior as shameful and immoral, as they do having babies out of wedlock and allowing men to hang around the home being lazy and unproductive.
It all goes hand in hand to maintaining a strong family and community.

Where Gays are concerned, I, like the majority of Americans polled, tolerate homosexuality.
I'm not so sure that Homosexuals are not a 3rd sex,

You may not be sure....but I'm certain....they aren't.
Those born with 2 different sets of genitalia or NO genitalia may be considered a third sex....But a man who simply THINKS he's a woman or vice versa is just confused.

At one point most Americans tolerated slavery....didn't make it right.
Right is right and wrong is wrong regardless of how many people agree or disagree.

ve always been around and same sex attraction even occurs in the animal kingdom. Like the different races, they probably have their origin in mutations. In any case, I say: "live and let live". You, on the other hand, are judgmental.

First of all, claiming that racial differences came about as a result of a mutation is a theoretical OPINION, not necessarily a fact.

2nd....ofcourse I'm being judgemental.
Your success and safety in life often depends on your ability to make PROPER judgements and assessments of people and various situations.
What's wrong with being judgmental?

You've been judging my opposition to homosexuality all through out this thread.
How dare you now accuse me of being "judgemental" as if it's a bad thing just because I hold a moral opinion that wasn't handed to me.

All your talk about God and Heaven and Hell reveal you to be nothing more than a closet Christian; certainly not a free-thinker. Where do you get the idea that God condemns homosexuality???

You speak as if Christians are the ONLY one's who condemn homosexuality.
Of all the major religions Christianity is probably one of the most TOLERANT of homosexuality today.
Muslims, Jews, Hindues.....even Communist and various indigenous belief systems condemn homosexuality and perverse and abnormal.
Again, it's universally condemned except by those who are being influenced by a handful of social engineers trying to FORCE them to accept it.

I've never seen animals of the same sex/gender engaging eachother in sexual activity....have you.

I'm not talking about 2 dogs or cats of the same sex grooming eachother or birds of the same gender pecking at eachother.
I'm talking about the actual act of sexual copulation.....have YOU ever seen this?

Your ambivalent stance when it comes to your own people continues to stir my ire. One minute Blacks are the salt of the earth, strong and special, and the next minute they are the scum of the earth dumb and guillible.

Look who's talking.....lol.

One minute you're saying you're tired of homosexuals and they get on your nerves, the next minute you're praising them as productive "model minorities".

You have all this maudlin sympathy for the llittle brutha in a doo rag, yet you harbor contempt for gay blacks who can't help being what they are but still manage to be productive members of society.

I don't "harbor contempt" for anyone who hasn't personally wronged me.
I'm giving you my opinion on homosexuality and it's effects on the Black community based on my personal beliefs as well as observations.

In many ways the gay Black man is just as much of a victim as the little brutha on the corner with the doorag. He doesn't know why he feels the way he does and probably doesn't want to feel that way but there are forces manipulating his environment to encourage confusion in his mind.

hard times just made marriage difficult to afford, so fewer people wed. but this didn't stop women from having kids.
Affirmative action benefited white women more than black people, because white women, too, had been discriminated against and once the doors were open, they were already qualified to take advantage of the new opportunities.

Affirmative action benefited White women more than Black people as a whole.
However within the Black race it benefited Black women far more than it did Black men because just like most Federal Laws enacted to combat discrimination.....they were foolishly left up to those who actually were guilty of practicing discrimination themselves to execute them.

And just like Black women were more welcomed in Corporate America than Black men.

It's becoming increasingly obvious that in many places, GAY Black men are more welcomed in the work force than STRAIGHT Black men.

Well, I'm glad you finally qualified  your homophobia  as being OPINION-based, Pioneer.    

Even if I do poke fun at Gays, I have taken on this onerous responsibility of defending them because nobody else has stepped up, and I recognize prejudiceness when I see and I am inclined to point it out.   Bottom line, I believe that a person should be judged not on the color his skin - or sexual orientation, but "on the content of his character". This is the thinking that has relegated homosexuality to the politically-correct catgegory throughout most of the world.  It's about being civil to fellow human beings and recognizing that they have a right to live their lives as they choose as long as doing so doesn't infringe on the rights of others. It's also about not imposing your sanctimonious religious beliefs on others.  Who is to say what's moral and ethical in the perverse world we live in?? Yes, I am judging you on the content of your character because your self-righteous attitude reeks with arrogant pettiness.

In your rebuttals to my arguments, Pioneer, you inadvertantly make my point that Gays are like everybody else in the general population; no better or worse.  How they choose to make love is the only thing that distinguishes them from the rest. (Incidentally, Pedophilia is a  psychological persuasion different from homosexuality, and is found in heterosexuals, homosexuals, men and women)  What goes on behind closed doors between consenting adults is nobody's business. And it's not like heterosexuals don't engage in "freaky"  or oral sex. 

If you reject "mutation" as a factor in racial differences - or sexual anamolies, to what do you attribute these variations?  To Biblical fables?  To Black Muslim mythology? Wooooo.

Homosexual behavior has been detected in the animal kingdom by legitimate scientific studies.  And I have seen male dogs mount each. Alley tom cats, too.

It's obvious we are once again at an impasse, Pioneer.  Nothing left to do but agree to disagree. But let's face it. Like it or not,  Gays have emerged as a legitimate segment of our population.  They are courted as a voting bloc and respected and recognized in the fields where they excell.  Even Gay Pride parades attract city fathers and elected officials who show their support by riding in them. 

Unless you think that there is a diabolical conspiracy to turn unsuspecting white people into immoral black ones, you might want to re-think the idea of a surrepticious plan to turn the  Black heterosexual  community into an unethical  Gay one.

And for those of you worried about meterosexual males, you might want to consider that clothes and cosmetics have no gender.  They are social constructs. The macho man image is equally superficial.

Cynique

Well, I'm glad you finally qualified your homophobia as being OPINION-based, Pioneer.

My disapproval of homosexuality is my OPINION.
However the reasons behind my disapproval are FACTS.

Even if I do poke fun at Gays, I have taken on this onerous responsibility of defending them because nobody else has stepped up, and I recognize prejudiceness when I see and I am inclined to point it out. Bottom line, I believe that a person should be judged not on the color his skin - or sexual orientation, but "on the content of his character".

A person's sexual orientation is PART of their character....along with their intellect, honesty, ect....

You want to defend gays, but YOU seem to be prejudice against people who believe in religion.
So since you like pointing out prejudiced people your mirror should have your finger prints all over it....lol. ((that was original and copywritten))

This is the thinking that has relegated homosexuality to the politically-correct catgegory throughout most of the world. It's about being civil to fellow human beings and recognizing that they have a right to live their lives as they choose as long as doing so doesn't infringe on the rights of others.

But forcing the public to accept sexual behavior that is immoral....or...sexual behavior that thier religions/spiritual belief systems atleast have declared immoral IS infringing on the rights of others.
It's forcing people to not only tolerate that which disagrees with their morals but to accept it into their own personal space which is offensive.

It's one thing for laws to permit people to walk around butt naked.
But to FORCE you as a resturant owner to serve naked people who haven't washed and seat them in your establishment at risk of being fined or otherwise punished is an infringement on your natural rights.

I have no problem with gay people working, going to school and living thier lives.
I haven't called for them to be harmed, imprisoned, or otherwise punished.
But when you try to FORCE me to accept homosexuality as normal and OK and force me to be friends with or hire them and treat them the exact same as I treat everyone else when my experiences and observations with gays tells me I CAN'T do this....is an infringment on my natural rights as well as my freedom to express myself and practice my morality.

Again, what if people are force to hire and be friendly to child molesters 25 years from now...then what?

It's also about not imposing your sanctimonious religious beliefs on others. Who is to say what's moral and ethical in the perverse world we live in??

Nature.
A penis was made for a vagina and vice versa.
It wasn't made for a mouth or anus, nor can 2 men make a baby or 2 women for that matter.
Men and women were designed for eachother and that's a NATURal fact.

Yes, I am judging you on the content of your character because your self-righteous attitude reeks with arrogant pettiness.

It's only "petty" if you don't hold religious or moral views that condemn homosexuality.
If you have no morals...it doesn't matter to you.
For those of us with morals, it's hard to put them aside and just "accept" anything.

What goes on behind closed doors between consenting adults is nobody's business.

Maybe not, but when you're trying to encourage ME and MY CHILDREN to do the same thing both directly and indirectly then it becomes a problem.
Clearly there is an agenda to promote homosexuality in society and encourage heterosexuals to engage.

If you reject "mutation" as a factor in racial differences - or sexual anamolies, to what do you attribute these variations? To Biblical fables? To Black Muslim mythology? Wooooo.

I believe God created different races.

Unless you think that there is a diabolical conspiracy to turn unsuspecting white people into immoral black ones, you might want to re-think the idea of a surrepticious plan to turn the Black heterosexual community into an unethical Gay one.

I believe that the chemicals in the environment are influencing men to develope and act more like women, and it's the same with women looking and acting more like men.
Look at many of the young Black girls today....they are much more muscular and masculine acting not only than Black girls from Africa but more than thier own mothers and grandmothers.

Few AfroAmericans over 40 years of age will deny that the Black youth of today are not like the Black youth of the previous generations...neither in terms of physical development nor mental development. They can see that something is wrong.

If you see a problem, isn't it better to discover the cause and CORRECT it rather than simply accept it as not being a problem at all?

And for those of you worried about meterosexual males, you might want to consider that clothes and cosmetics have no gender. They are social constructs. The macho man image is equally superficial.

While clothing and cosmetics are social constructs and I actually agree with you on another thread.....sexual orientation and gender isn't, they are real.

Go to any country on this planet and ask the average 14 year old boy does he have a girlfriend and he'll start smiling and act bashful.

You ask him if he has a BOYFRIEND and he'll frown and give you a dirty look.
That's not a result of conditioning....that's a viseral reaction for asking such an insulting question that offends his developing manhood.

There's no other way around it, outside of the West....homosexuality is globally recognized as abnormal and perverse regardless of the public relation attempts to mainstream it and social engineering schemes to legitimize it.

Facts that you have skewed and misinterpreted to comply with your flawed opinions.  There are people who could put your arguments to shame and unmask you as being a smug bigot who actually thinks that god is on his side.  You keep denying you're religious but you certainly are dogmatic.           

And how can you be so blinded by how aligned your position is with white racist supremicists who think Blacks are genetically inferior human beings, handicapped by flawed physical traits and brain deficiencies and prone toward immoral and criminal tendencies.  Especially since you're so obsessed with white society waging a campaign of genocide against Blacks. 

Implicit in your stance is that if you had your way, all homosexuals would be destroyed. It's waste of time arguing with you about this. In your quest to do what ever it is your organization is aspiring to do, your homophobia may come back to haunt you.  

Cynique

It's a waste of time for YOU to argue with me because you usually end up losing.
And as usual out of desparation you resort to using exaggeration and outright lying and slander.
Let's see the mess you made............

Facts that you have skewed and misinterpreted to comply with your flawed opinions. There are people who could put your arguments to shame and unmask you as being a smug bigot who actually thinks that god is on his side. You keep denying you're religious but you certainly are dogmatic.

What facts have I "skewed and misinterpreted"?
The FACT that a penis was made for a vagina and not an anus?
This fact isn't skewed and it leaves very little room for misintepretation.
The silliest adults just above the level of retardation know how to make babies because even they have a firm grasp of this knowledge.

Nor do I remember DENYING that I am religious.
Can you show me the thread where I made this denial?

Or is this more lies and distortions from you as you monitor what I say then try to "fill in the blanks" of what you THINK I believe in order to make a better a target for which to focus your attacks on?

And how can you be so blinded by how aligned your position is with white racist supremicists who think Blacks are genetically inferior human beings, handicapped by flawed physical traits and brain deficiencies and prone toward immoral and criminal tendencies. Especially since you're so obsessed with white society waging a campaign of genocide against Blacks.

Like many SO-CALLED Liberals (who aren't really liberal but just want to push and advance their own twisted agenda) you like to pick on Black people by comparing every freakish abnormal desire TO Black people.
The difference between Blacks and Homosexuals is that Black people or being Black has NEVER been a sin.
You can't find it in any religious book.

And when did I say "White society" was waging a campaign of genocide against Blacks?

Again, more distortions and lies.

It's waste of time arguing with you about this. In your quest to do what ever it is your organization is aspiring to do, your homophobia may come back to haunt you.

As long as my statements line up with my beliefs I stand by what I say until I receive proof to the contrary. Then I'll examine it and reconsider.

Notice how those in the media pushing their agenda are constantly trying to compare Gays with Blacks?

They've been doing this for 30 years
At first they used to get a LOT of opposition from Black people who didn't want to be associated with or compared to a sexual deviation that goes against most of their religions and moral beliefs.
But the more the media kept doing it, the more "down low" books and articles they put out, and the more Black organizations were paid off or threatened......the more Black American began to accept it.

But notice how they rarely compare Gays with Jews.
Notice how they rarely compare Gays with Asians.
Notice how they rarely compare Gays with Hispanics.

Homosexuals have never been enslaved but they've faced low grade discriminiation in a way much more similar to the above ethnic groups.
But despite this fact, they are constantly compare to Black people.

Why?

I believe it's because they figure Black people are easy to use for their political purposes.
They figure most of our people don't have the intelligence, articulation, or moral fortitude to stand up and defend themselves against being compared to such a group.

If they try it with other ethnic groups, they would rally together and cry out.....both men AND WOMEN.

You don't catch Asian women arguing with Asian men in defense of gay Asians do you?

:D  LMAO.  Really gotcha, didn't I? Get outta here. Apologize for what?  For laughing at the deluded egoism that in the throes of denial convinces  you to believe that you win arguments against me??  The choir you preach to is not the entire congregation.   

As usual, in an attempt to do damage control, you advance an irrelevant argument to deflect the truth about yourself.    I'm not comparing Gays to Blacks, I'm comparing you to White Supremists because your blanket condemnation of a group of people is biased, prejudiced, and lacking in humanity. Your desperate tirade in defense of your homophobia cannot mask this.  Or does your mounting a soap box and spewing all the old, familiar, patented arguments denying a comparison between the gay struggle and the black one, absolve you from being a narrow-minded, self-righteous, polygamy-advocate who is the epitome of the pot calling the kettle black, - on more than one issue.  Anything that supports your warped mysogyny is considered moral in your thinly-disguised right-wing conservative myopic view. :wacko:  (You act like anal sex is restricted to Gays.  And is a vagina or a penis or a nipple designed for the tongue of hetereosexual lovers???  Boy, i bet you're a dud in the bed.)  :P

You take yourself very seriously, Pioneer.  But you I find you a big joke :lol:

Cynique

LMAO. Really gotcha, didn't I?

No...not really.
Someone on your level couldn't manage to even SPAWN a web strong enough to trap me, lol.

For laughing at the deluded egoism that in the throes of denial convinces you to believe that you win arguments against me?? The choir you preach to is not the entire congregation.

Yes but the congregation only shows up to hear ME speak, not you....lol.
So that should tell you something.

As usual, in an attempt to do damage control, you advance an irrelevant argument to deflect the truth about yourself. I'm not comparing Gays to Blacks, I'm comparing you to a White Supremist because your blanket condemnation of a group of people is biased, prejudiced, and lacking in humanity. Your desperate tirade in defense of your homophobia cannot mask this. Or does your mounting a soap box and spewing all the old, familiar, patented arguments denying a comparison between the gay struggle and the black one, absolve you from being a narrow-minded, self-righteous, polygamy-advocate who is the epitome of the pot calling the kettle black, - on more than one issue. Anything that supports your warped mysogyny is considered moral in your thinly-disguised right-wing conservative myopic view. (You act like anal sex is restricted to Gays. And is a vagina or a penis or a nipple designed for the tongue of hetereosexual lovers???

Garbage, garbage, and more emotional garbage based on delusions and projections.

Boy, i bet you're a dud in the bed

With foolish bets like that.....
You're probably as lousy at gambling as you are at logic   LOL!!

Anyybody who gives such an inadequate accounting of himself in response to being outed for what he is, has no chance of getting an apology from me.  I will concede that the white racists would be just as offended as you are by the comparison between you and them.

I suggest that you request an apology, and dispense with the conditions of it, Pioneer.  You might also want to consider that anybody who maligns homosexuals the way you do should get used to be putting in the category with intolerant hypocrites. 

I do respect Troy and this is his domain.  Any deletion of what you find offensive, would be to avoid any  controversial repercussions for him.  And deletion is the extent of the action I take.

And who gives a damn whether you engage in casual communication with me????????

Since I could not find the offending post I assume it has been deleted.  I would not have deleted it -- for I would have left that up to Cynique.  I was just curious to read what got Pioneer so bend out of shape. 

Pioneer, I never suspected that anything anyone could write here would prompt this reaction from you.  You seemed to have all the characteristics that make one ideal for these types of conversations a sense of humor, thick skin (not afraid of criticism or the occasional insult), defined opinions and the willingness to express them publicly.   I was surprised by your demand. 

The problem with issuing demands, an ultimatums really, is that people don't like getting them.  I can't image anyone simply saying "I'm sorry", then doing everything you requested, based upon the way you made your "request".

Now I'm not trying to dismiss your reaction to being compared to Hitler. But you and I both know Cynique was engaging in hyperbole -- we all do it   Anyone who comes here and reads that knows that you are not a Hitler -- Cynique, doesn't even believe you are a Hitler (at least I hope not).

Pioneer, and trust me on this, people will use YOUR words to judge you, not Cynique's.  Now if Cynique were Oprah it would be a different story ;-)

I hope you two can work this out, as lately y'all are the primary reason I or any of the remaining lurkers read the boards.

Unfortunately conversations, debates -- arguments even -- with a known set of folks, you can get to know, over a long period of time is not easy to find.

I don't often get to have conversations on subjects like homosexuality, religion, race, or even books :-) in the real world.  I don't get to think as long or have the advantage or look up a fact before expressing myself.   I don't have the ability to present supporting information so easily.  I don't get to challenge my own ideas by play devils advocate or taking a view point a more extreme than one I personally hold.  Even the idea of talking about such subjects as homosexuality, religion, 

These types of forums (especially the Black ones), plentiful 10 years ago, are dying out today.  Social media is a poor substitute.  It is an era coming to an end...

Thanks, Troy, for injecting the voice of reason into this thread.

Despite his denials about my "getting to him", Pioneer, is shaking in his boots, worried about his public relations gaffes getting his little "organization" into trouble by revealing to the politcally-correct world what a blatant, holier-than-thou homophobe he is. Reduced to bluff and bluster, he issued demands. I took pity on the poor ol guy and, to quell his fears, I deleted one short sentence and a couple of incriminating words so he could unwind from his fetal position and take his thumb out of his mouth.

Pioneer knew better than to beg me to retract my entire critque of him and since he could not refute the truth, he cowardly resorted to lining it out and labling it as "garbage", hoping that it would all go away...   No such luck.

Cynique

Any deletion of what you find offensive, would be to avoid any  controversial repercussions for him.  And deletion is the extent of the action I take.

I'm pleased to see that you've made the wise decision to remove your slanderous accusations, or atlest the MOST slanderous of them.

Now, as we continue..................

I suggest that you request an apology, and dispense with the conditions of it, Pioneer. You might also want to consider that anybody who maligns homosexuals the way you do should get used to be putting in the category with intolerant hypocrites.

Since you removed the offending post, an apology....would be nice...lol...but won't be necessary.
Actually removing the post is much better as I believe prevention is usually better than cure.

I'm neither intolerant nor a hypocrite.

For the record, I have a lesbian student in my group who is not only open with being homosexual but brings her girlfriend to meetings sometimes and has announced her desire to "marry" her if Michigan ever makes same sex marriage legal.
She knows how I feel and I know how she feels and we respect eachother's opinon.

If I were in any executive political position I wouldn't punish or even berate homosexuals for who they are, but I will not hide my views on the issue nor alter my morality just so it lines up with an ever changing highy fluid "public morality".

And who gives a damn whether you engage in casual communication with me????????

YOU do....
What woman doesn't find a man who stands by his beliefs "stimulating", lol.

Troy

I was surprised by your demand.

You wouldn't be the first!
Years ago when I used to wash dishes at a resturant I got the same response from my boss when I handed him a letter demanding a raise, lol.

((Pioneer lays back in his chair, kicks his shoes off, puts his feet on his desk and crosses them))

Believe it or not I wasn't angry at Cynique's accusation.
Although it was offensive, I wasn't offended.
There are certain things that DO offend me and make me angry but I try not to broadcast them publicly so as not to let people know what buttons to push.

Actually, Cynique wasn't too far off the mark when she says my response was a PR move.
Many of my views are controversial enough, I don't need them distorted to further piss people off. 

I like people to know EXACTLY where I stand on very sensative issues.
I see homosexuality as a sin and perversion, but I don't want to see harm come to someone because they are gay and I resent anyone even inferring this.

I don't even believe in the death penalty.....even for convicted murders....let alone killing people for thier sexual practices.

This is a GLOBAL forum where people all over the world are watching and reading and people have various methods of processing information.
As one who is used to dealing with the public I'm sure you're well aware that a person can SAY one thing but people often HEAR something else based upon thier personal experiences and political leanings.

As an AfroAmerican, a Republican can SAY "profiling" but I HEAR "watch the niggers" regardless of all the back pedaling and explaining he may do to try and convince me otherwise.

For those already turned off by my position on homosexuality, reckless rhetoric like that not only tends to DISTORT their perception but often AMPLIFIES their distorted perception causing mistrust and could jeopardize opportunities for well meaning people to work together for greater common causes.

I'm rather surpised at how duplicitous you are, Pioneer. But, then, you do have to try and save face. Just for the record, I didn't remove an entire post. I deleted a sentence and 2 words.

Your little mind games are a laughable testament to what a loser you are. My funny bone is the only thing you stimulate. I think of you as my stooge.

Delano recently started a thread, asking others what they were consistently doing to make themselves better people. I couldn't answer this and, for some reason, this bothered me. So I am motivated to take this opportunity to make myself a better person by rising above the sarcasm and cynicism that come so natural to me. Because Pioneer is entitled to all the beliefs he holds that run contrary to mine, and because he means well, I will now display the emoticon which I neglected to add at the end of the preceding post. ;)

• Like 1

"There are certain things that DO offend me and make me angry but I try not to broadcast them publicly so as not to let people know what buttons to push."

Precisely, Pioneer.  You never struck me as someone who would make this tactical error here, or in the real world.

Next time you see your lesbian student, ask her if she was offended by Hibbert's No Homo comment and, more importantly, if he deserved to be fined 75 large for the infraction.

Also Pioneer back in 2005 someone created an account under the name of a journalist, Lola Ogunnaike and began posing as her even using here photo.  Now this type of activity is wrong and potentially damaging.  Even though at the time I did not know who she was and there were certainly more famous people posting here.

Other than rare instances like that I don't think anyone ELSE can say something that will damage YOUR reputation with anyone that matters.  Unless you are running for political office -- then all bets are off :-)

Cynique

Because Pioneer is entitled to all the beliefs he holds that run contrary to mine, and because he means well, I will now display the emoticon which I neglected to add at the end of the preceding post.

Thank you Cynique.
WE ALL know that's your way of apologizing.....lol.

Troy

Next time you see your lesbian student, ask her if she was offended by Hibbert's No Homo comment and, more importantly, if he deserved to be fined 75 large for the infraction.

I will when I catch up with her.
But just to clarify, she's not MY student....lol....she's A student at a university.

As far as my posts.
It's always better to think ahead and be safe than sorry.

In this age, you never know who's monitoring your site looking for information to use for or against you.
Think of all the people who read your posts and then tweet to you about what you've said.
In another thread, Nah'sun talked about his "lurking days".  Think of the hundreds if not thousands who just read and remain silent forming thoughts in thier minds but not expressing them which would give you the opportunity to clear up any misconceptions.

Apologizing, hell. I didn't absolve you from being duplicitous, Pioneer. And, in all honesty, my gesture was an attempt to escape the danger of acquiring a reputation for driving posters away from this board. But I should've known that you wouldn't abandon a platform that provides a showcase for your relentless pontificating.

Oh, well. Yawnnnn.

Cynique

And, in all honesty, my gesture was an attempt to escape the danger of acquiring a reputation for driving posters away from this board

The only reputation you should attempt to escape (and it would probably be futile) is being known as one who routinely takes the original subject of a thread and turns it into another of an entirely different nature.

Talk about a "game changer".

I have no desire to stop broadening the subject of a thread, giving it the added depth of exposing the person behind the words, Pioneer. This is an especially interesting exercise when I compare you and harry brown. Ol harry locks in the Capital keys, gives his little report, expresses his familiar opinions and he's done. He feels no need to inflate his image, to be condescending, to psycho analyse and apparently doesn't give a damn if people blow him off. Arguing ain't his thing.

Me, I feed on what others say, always looking for an opening to imply that what someone asserts is "not necessarily so". As Troy once noted, this makes for good "theater", presumably because of how people react when their entrenched view are challenged. Arguing is my thing.

Cynique

I have no desire to stop broadening the subject of a thread, giving it the added depth of exposing the person behind the words, Pioneer

The only thing you've "exposed" in this thread was your "white underbelly".
Your weakness is the FEAR that you'll appear weak

You poooor poooor thing...lol.

Me, I feed on what others say, always looking for an opening to imply that what someone asserts is "not necessarily so". As Troy once noted, this makes for good "theater", presumably because of how people react when their entrenched view are challenged. Arguing is my thing.

In other words.....you feed off of negative energy?

Wrong. I feed off of people like you, Pioneer,  who think they're infallible. Can't you read?

And you're the one who was trying to soothe your wounded pride by treating my remarks as apologetic - which they were not. I was actually humoring you and really enyoying your panic over being  publicly  exposed for your homophobia.   :lol: