Private Reception with Walter Mosley & Black Classic Press (Baltimore)

Dear Friend (especially those in the Baltimore/Washington area),

Please join us for a private reception with, Walter Mosley as we celebrate the publication of Walter's newest Easy Rawlins mystery, Little Green and the 35th anniversary of Black Classic Press. For many of those 35 years Walter has been a special friend of the Press, and if you love his work as much as we do, you will want to be at this memorable reception.

Space is limited, so please be sure to rsvp.

Following the reception stay on as Walter presents Little Green at a reading open to the public. Books will be available for sale and Walter will sign immediately after the reading.

littlegreencover.jpgmosleyforepfl.jpg

W. Paul Coates

Director, Black Classic Press

I attended this event it was great.  The love and admiration for both Coates (publisher of BCP) and Walter Mosley was palpable

The event just reinforced why I will always respect and admire Walter Mosley:

In the mid 1990’s Walter DECIDED he would support an independently owned Black Press.  Walter, who can publish with major publisher, has published three books with Black Classic Press over the years.  The first book GONE FISHING’ sold almost 100,000 copies.

This video from the event describes their relationship

This video also features; the Mayor of Baltimore, Stephanie Rawlings-Blake (I'm in a shot with her below); author Walter Mosley; and BCP publishers, W. Paul Coates and Natalie Stokes-Peters

1017285_10151520327396909_2110940050_n.j