JUNETEENTH/AMIDST BLACK ENSLAVEMENT/

JUNETEENTH  WAS   IN  1865/WEBSITE  SAYS...IN  TEXAS   ALL SLAVES  WERE   SAID  TO  BE  FREE///RIGHTS  AS   WHITE   PEOPLE///////BLACK PEOPLE  ARE  CELEBRATING  JUNE  TEENTH  WHY///BLACK  PEOLE    AT  THE  PRESENT  TIME   HAVE  RE ENSLAVED  THEMSELVES  AND  THE  BLACK  COMMUNITIES/////BLACK  LEADERS     HAVE BECOME   PLANTATION  OVERSEERS///BLACK  PEOPLE   ENSLAVED  BY   DRUG  ADDICTION///BLACK  WOMEN  AND  CHILDEN  ENSLAVED  BY  BLACK  MEN   WHO  ARE IRRESPONSIBLE....SEX     HAS   BLACK  PEOPLE  ENSLAVED.......THE  CHURCH   PREACHERS  CORRUPT     HAVE  THE  CHURCH   CONGREGATION   CONFINED.....STREET  GANGS  AND  DRUG  GANGS   HAVE  COMMUNITIES   ENSLAVED  AS  IF   BLACK  PEOPLE  WERE  ON   PLANTATIONS..SELF  ENSLAVED  AND  RE ENSLAVED  BY  OUR   OWN  DOING ,CENTURY  AND  DECADES  LATER//////////ARE  THERE   HARRIET   TUBMAN'S   WITH   A   FREEDOM  PLAN   LIKE  THE  UNDERGROUND RAILROAD./////

• Like 1

AfroAmericans lack a clearly defined goal as a people.

Now that we've gotten most of our civil rights, there is no more "prize" for most to keep their eyes on.

When our people are given clear goals and plans, we are so busy building and being productive we don't have time to fall into the mischief and immorality that shiftlessness and idleness brings.

The military knows this best and this is one of the reasons Black people do so good in service.

You take a kid from the hood with no discipline who's always getting into trouble and looks hopelss and after 12 weeks of Marine bootcamp he's a totally different person.
He's in shape, speaks properly, and carries himself with respect.
He was offered a clear challenge, and met it.
He accomplished something.

Our people need something to do.....a goal or dream to work toward in order to keep moving forward.

I think some people need to be told what to do.  Some thrive under those conditions -- others would be miserable.

There are profound differences between taking orders to achieve a goal and exercising one's free will to do the same.

I think the problem "we" have is behaving as if the so called "AfroAmericans" are all the same.  We are not -- not by a long shot.  This is why attempts to unify us fail.  We are not the same.  No do we have a desire to be the same -- indeed we fight against this, because it is natural.

It is as absurd as grouping "Hispanics" or "Asians" together in one monolithic group.  It makes no sense.

But I agree people do need to strive for something -- even if it is just the next meal...

Grouping people by their similarities rather than their differences has its advantages, especially when it comes to politics and advertising targets. Black people may differ in many aspects but they predictably gravitate toward Democrats and Independants. Black people may have different tastes but have physical and biological similarities that lead them to prefer certain products. Hispanics may abound with differences but, accents aside, they all speak Spanish. The masses tend to segregate themselves. bonding with those with whom they can identify. In America we have yet to acquire a commonality of integrity that inspires us to judge people solely as individuals.

Admin

I think some people need to be told what to do. Some thrive under those conditions -- others would be miserable.

You're right. I found out in my early 20s that some people are "manager" types who like running things and telling people what to do.  But they tend make up less than 15% of the population.
Most people are "worker" types who want as little responsibility as possible and just want to do their job, go home, and have a beer.
I've also found that these classifications really don't depend much on intelligence level as there are some stupid people who still hate being told what to do and want to run things as well as very intelligent people who hate telling others what to do and would rather take orders than accept that responsibility.

Although I wasn't in, they say the military is a good place to find out what type of person you are and what your true talents are.

There are profound differences between taking orders to achieve a goal and exercising one's free will to do the same.
I think the problem "we" have is behaving as if the so called "AfroAmericans" are all the same. We are not -- not by a long shot. This is why attempts to unify us fail. We are not the same. No do we have a desire to be the same -- indeed we fight against this, because it is natural.

No we definitely aren't the same, and I've found that out in more ways than one trying to work with other Black people on various projects that I thought we should have all been on the same page with.
But there are some similarities between most of us both mentally and physically.

For example most adult AfroAmericans are lactose intolerant nor do we tolerate alcohol the way most Caucasians do.
These 2 things alone should affect our social habits and make us adjust them in a way that would allow us to be more successful in society instead of trying to "fit in" by imitating others.

It is as absurd as grouping "Hispanics" or "Asians" together in one monolithic group. It makes no sense.

True again.
Most people don't know that not only are their different races among "Hispanics" but racism is alive and well in the Hispanic communities here in America as well as abroad.

But the truth be told...these communities often group THEMSELVES together when they come to America.

They may hate eachother in thier native countries but just like the White ethnic groups of the East Coast (Irish, Italians, Jews, Polish) who had their own gangs and neighborhoods and fought eachother like cats and dogs and even refused to marry eachother.....when the Blacks and Puerto Ricans came up they somehow FOUND a way to put thier differences aside and focus thier anger and opposition on the new people.

Cynique

Grouping people by their similarities rather than their differences has its advantages, especially when it comes to politics and advertising targets. Black people may differ in many aspects but they predictably gravitate toward Democrats and Independants. Black people may have different tastes but have physical and biological similarities that lead them to prefer certain products. Hispanics may abound with differences but, accents aside, they all speak Spanish. The masses tend to segregate themselves. bonding with those with whom they can identify.

Precisely!
I see you've learned SOMETHING during out numerous exchanges.....lol.

In America we have yet to acquire a commonality of integrity that inspires us to judge people solely as individuals

One point again.
I've said for years that we can have a MULTI-RACIAL nation and still remain strong and united. But we can't have a MUTLI-CULTURAL one and remain that way.

While we should be able to practice numerous little "sub-cultures", America needs one DOMINANT culture that unifies the nation and keeps most people on the same page.
This dominant culture used to be (and still is for most of the nation) the White Anglo Saxon Protestant culture of Western Europe.
Problem is, much of that culture of force monogamy, drinking lots of alcohol, and eating lots of greasy and starchy foods doesn't work well with people of African and Native American descent.

We need a more universal dominant culture that allows most people of every racial background to be successful and feel welcomed.

For example............

Although I'm not fluent in it, I personally think a Spanish/Espanol based language would be the best national language for America because Blacks and Native Americans tend to learn and speak it better than English.
Most Black people whether they are from America or Jamaica have to "chop up" English into a type of "Ebonics" in order to speak it and express themselves because the language wasn't designed for our genetic speaking patterns.

When are you, Pioneer, going to make yourself a better person by divesting yourself of the egocentric assumptions that people who make observations that you agree with, have been influenced by you?

All the above statements I made were my pre-conceived notions and they weren't "learned" from you. The only thing I've learned from you is that some people will go to any lengths to feed their need to always be right; especially when they're wrong.

Cynique

When are you, Pioneer, going to make yourself a better person by divesting yourself of the egocentric assumptions that people who make observations that you agree with, have been influenced by you?

To start with......
My patience in dealing with YOU should be considered a marvelous display of self improvement as well as self control, lol.