Da Button Pusha - "I am beautiful"

This young woman is obviously articulate, intelligent, and may have a good heart while trying to convey a positive message.

However.....

When I look at how she stands, carries herslf, and expresses herself....it's definately not feminine.

It's what I call "manish".

This has nothing to do with Black girls accepting themselves, it's about her acting and dressing in a masculine manner and wanting society to accept it.

And in my opinion she shouldn't be the one to call herself beautiful.

When a person has to resort to constantly saying,  "I'm smart and beautiful and everyone likes me"

.....it is a sure sign of low self esteem.

I hear you Pioneer.  But...

I do however think she is beautiful, no, not in a superficial, easy on the eyes, Zoe Saldana, type of beauty, but in the more substantial characteristics like "articulate, intelligent, and...good heart". 

We have the freedom to be ourselves -- completely -- why not do it?  Even if some think we are "mannish".  It is not about conforming to someone else's standards but your own -- sure she may have difficulty securing a corporate gig -- but who cares....

This is why I liked the I rather have a conversation with a non-conformist like Da Button Pusher than someone who is dependent upon an organization for self-esteem or a sense of worth.  

Over the years, the internet has clued me as to how significant a person's essence is. Time and time again in various venues, I have interacted with strangers identified solely by a screen name and represented only by an avatar. Such encounters verify that how individuals look in person has nothing to do with whether they are smart or dumb, boring or interesting, phony or genuine. It's all about the inner spirit that transcends the physical and comes across.

Of course beauty is only skin deep, but it takes your eyes a while to acquire x-ray vision. In the process you might just become a better looking person; literally.

• Like 1

Yeah, yeah, yeah......

Well...I'm sorry, but yall know what....facts are facts.
And you're not going to change human nature through "political correctness"

For thousands of years men of ALL RACES have found certain features attractive in women and neither Black women nor Asian women nor Hispanic women will get a "pass" to look like or act like men just because of historic discrimination.

I'm not trying to talk down on this woman.
I'm saying this as a man who isn't the best looking man in the world and has been called ugly on several occasions.

I've learned that at some point you have to accept reality as it is, not as you WANT it to be.
Only then can you change it.

Most men like FEMININE WOMEN.
When I say feminine, I'm not talking about being light skinned or White or acting like a White woman.
That's an excuse too many of our people use as a way to excuse not acting as they should.
By feminine, I mean delicate features, soft voice, feminine mannerism......features found in women all over Africa.

African woman have NO PROBLEM being dainty feminine women and are just as if not more feminine that White American women.

I have to stress this because.....too many of our sisters in America are hurting and they need help.
They know something is wrong and they aren't sure what it is and too many people are bs'ing them.

You don't help people out by telling them that what's wrong with them is actually "ok"...or really "beautiful".
Telling them what they want to hear to make them feel good while the world is secretly laughing at them behind their back.

You help them by offering them solutions to their problems!

For nearly 4 decades many of our people America have been VICTIMS of very poor diets, poor healthcare, lack of proper physical education in the public school system, ect...

This combination has essentially made FREAKS... GENETIC FRANKENSTEINS out of many of them.
It has made many of them grossly overweight, sick, genetically deformed, intellectually below average, low energy and lazy, and even in some cases making the men look like women and the women look like men because of hormonal disruption.

If you look at how many of the young men are switching and snapping and how so many of the girls are growing facial hair and ighting eachother on television and in the streets like wild dogs.....it's almost undeniable that something is wrong.

Instead of "embracing" this pathology.....we should see it as something terribly wrong and look for a solution before it gets worse.

What does your sermon on the mount  have to do with my saying that looks have nothing to do with whether a person is "smart or dumb, interesting or boring, phony or genuine." 

Has following your regimen made you good looking and desireable?  I doubt it.  :o

Cynique

Has following your regimen made you good looking and desireable? 

Actually it has.

At some point in my mid 20s as I began to look around at the problems of society I stopped focusing on hanging out at clubs and trying to attract women and started focusing more on politics and social issues and in the process I became more "interesting" to many women.

That, and the fact that I stopped eating junk food that I found didn't agree with my body type.

Whether it's looks, intelligence, or even wealth....you may not be able to improve everything in your life but you do what you can and leave the rest up to God.

As I go back and forth between threads and think about it, a good example of how feminine or masculine behavior can affect a woman's appearance would be our friend Rachel Jeantel of the Zimmerman trial:

RachelJeantelTestimonyInCourtGotTheInter

As much as I rode on her in the other thread about her ghetto behavior and silly statements....believe it or not I see her as a rather attractive young lady.

She may not be what I consider beautiful like say a Jennifer Hudson or Kerry Washington.....but despite her looks and behavior she still acts FEMININE.
Even with that "mean and fed up" look on her face, you can look at her and hear her and tell she's all girl....lol.

Unlike the woman in the first post video who carries herself in a MASCULINE manner.

• 2 years later...

Thank you so much -I was not award of your post - 

On 6/22/2013 at 10:49 AM, Pioneer1 said:

I did not know this was here - however I'm pleased it sparked conversation. 

ha...thank you for your post - my esteem is shown through the work I do , family. ...has very much been documented as positive and trust, I can not continually effectively push a positive ever changing home grown business if I had low self esteem; nor do so by raising a child alone.  I cant say that I apologize because my mind was not eye appealing enough for you, however I do no have to "dress-up" to  feel up.  I am beautiful, my son is beautiful, my mind is beautiful,my heart is beautiful,  my work is beautiful,family, I don't try I do.  Now that you have assessed me as you think you see me - watch my work to truly see me -  www.jpbtv.com, www.dabuttonpusha.com and www.grindcity.biz Thank you so much.watch?v=ulxsP9tymis:)

This young woman is obviously articulate, intelligent, and may have a good heart while trying to convey a positive message.

However.....

When I look at how she stands, carries herslf, and expresses herself....it's definitely not feminine.

It's what I call "manish".

This has nothing to do with Black girls accepting themselves, it's about her acting and dressing in a masculine manner and wanting society to accept it.

And in my opinion she shouldn't be the one to call herself beautiful.

When a person has to resort to constantly saying,  "I'm smart and beautiful and everyone likes me"

.....it is a sure sign of low self esteem.

Pioneer you are mistaking your personal opionio for a universal fact. Or the theory does not apply to the practice. What number if man out if 3 bill have you talked to and have you keepers proper records. He he. He.

Yeah but we adjust because we kinsa fall short if our own standard. I will refer to this as the Hitler Effect

Da Button Pusha, message is outstanding... "don't let anyone outside you, define you" BAM!

Exactly, how I raised my daughters!  No one gets a vote on who they choose to be. Not even me.  They came through me but they are not me... and I don't know what  plans they made with The CREATOR before they arrived here in on earth.  I told my daughters I was/am their guardrail. (not their" third rail" as a myspace friend once said)   I listened to their dreams and helped them stay in that lane.   I (along with the village) helped to protect them so they could realize their dreams...  My daughters had me and the rest of our family - but not all of our daughters are so lucky. We need more women such as  Da Button Pusha to drop science that will reach our daughters wherever they  are - and help them find their voice and place in the world...without the "world" trying to mold them into their warped sense of what a woman "should be".  

Edited by Mel Hopkins
typos