Rachel Jeantel testifies at the Martin v Zimmerman Trial

I think her testimony really damaged the case.

As if rolling her eyes and acting ditzy and ghetto wasn't enough.........

"creepy ass cracker"  ??????

The boy was 17....what kind of 17 year old even uses the word "cracker" today?

Even if those were his actual words, allowing that statement in the court gives the defense as well as those in the public following the case the opportunity to "flip the script" so to speak and make Trayvon look like a racist instead of Zimmerman....the lawyers should have known that.

I can't believe the Prosecution put her on the stand without properly prepping her first.

Maybe they tried the best they could....in any case....she should have just stayed home.

I don't know if this is in that video above.
I haven't watched the video because I can barely stand to watch this young lady as she makes a mockery of herself and Black people in general with her statements and attitude.

But as I was posting I caught a clip of her testimony on MSNBC where a lawyer asked her did people in her neighborhood routinely refer to White people as "crackers".
This clearly has nothing to do with Zimmerman and HIS state of mind.
The lawyer knows that the media is there and the nation is watching and I truly believe he asked that question just to see how ignorant and foolish this child is.

....and she sat up there with a little grin on her face and said "yes".

((shakes head))

On top of that she can't even speak standard English, the lawyers have to constantly translate what she's saying for the court!!!

This is embarrassing.

Pure ignorance going and coming......word is bond.

Troy

Pioneer does the fact this teenager speaks multiple languages change your impression?

No, not really.
What good is speaking multiple languages if you aren't speaking them properly?

She's 19 years old and just now getting out of the 11th grade.

But it's not just her terrible command of the English language, but her overall demeanor.

The average 14 year old wouldn't have acted the way she did in court.

But the average 14 year old would not have had the same life experiences this young lady has had.

If Jeantel was a slim, blonde white girl with perfect diction, people would probably find something to say about that too.  The bottom line is that this trial is not about Jeantel's English language skill and demeanor. 

It is about why Zimmerman felt he had to provoke and ultimately kill an unarmed teenager.  Jeantel should not be able to hurt this case..

Admin

If Jeantel was a slim, blonde white girl with perfect diction, people would probably find something to say about that too.

((shruggs shoulders))

If Jeantel was White OR Black.....if she were good looking and articulate there would probably be more POSITIVE things to say about her than negative.
And that's just human nature, you can't change it.

The bottom line is that this trial is not about Jeantel's English language skill and demeanor.
It is about why Zimmerman felt he had to provoke and ultimately kill an unarmed teenager. Jeantel should not be able to hurt this case..

Well, if you go to court to fight a traffic ticket with a t-shirt on that says, "F*ck the System".....
That SHOULDN'T hurt your case either, lol.
But we all know that justice isn't blind...and neither are most judges.

Human beings tend to be very bias and easily swayed by appearance and words and how well someone presents thier case,  which is why most people hire LAWYERS instead of trying to represent themselves.

We also know that defendants who go to court in a suit and tie are exonerated at a much higher rate than those who show up in thier county jail jumpsuit or even in their typical "street" clothes.
Which is why Zimmerman is wearing a suit!

Because Rachel stands in the position of being Trayvon's "friend" and because society has been taught that birds of a feather flock together....she is seen as an extention of Trayvon's character.
Thus how she presents HERSELF has an effect on how Trayvon is seen in the eyes of the jury and the public at large.

If she is seen as stupid, thuggish, low quality, ect.....then they will have less sympathy for her or her friend Trayvon and Zimmerman's actions will seem more "justified".

Of course I can't speak for anyone but myself, but I do not see Jeantel as "stupid, thuggish, low quality".   Even If I did I would not use that to help justify Zimmerman's murder of Trayvon -- at least I hope I would not.

Of course you may be right Pioneer.  I would not put anything past people.

Unfortunately nothing can bring Trayvon, back so real justice is not possible, but hopefully something close to it will be achieved.  If Zimmerman is found completely innocent, it will not be because of Jeantel.

Troy

Of course I can't speak for anyone but myself, but I do not see Jeantel as "stupid, thuggish, low quality". Even If I did I would not use that to help justify Zimmerman's murder of Trayvon -- at least I hope I would not.

I'm not going to beat up on the girl.

But anytime you have to look up and "think" about what your name is...............

Of course you may be right Pioneer. I would not put anything past people.

Unfortunately nothing can bring Trayvon, back so real justice is not possible, but hopefully something close to it will be achieved. If Zimmerman is found completely innocent, it will not be because of Jeantel.

No a guilty verdict certainly won't bring our young brother back, but perhaps it will actually save MORE lives in the form of an effective DETERRENCE.

Perhaps it will make some fool who thinks he's Charles Bronson from Death Wish think twice...think real hard...before pulling a heater anyone who might play their music a little loud or walk down the street with their hat on backwards.

Perhaps it may even force the State of Florida along with other states in the Union to re-consider that bogus "stand your ground" garbage that gives private untrained citizens the right to do something that even the POLICE themselves don't have the right to do......use deadly force on mere suspicion.

• Like 1