WHAT IF ZIMMERMAN GOES FRE/KILLING TRAYVON MARTIN/

WHAT  IF  ZIMMERMAN GOES  FREE  FOR  DELIBERATELY KILLING  TRAYVON  MARTIN////WHITE  PEOPLE  SUPORT  ZIMMERMAN    WOULD  SHOOT  HIM DOWN  IF  HE WAS  WALKING  IN  ALL WHITE  NEIGHBORHOODS////NEWS   WEBSITE  SOME  EXPERTS  ,BELIEVE  ZIMMERMAN/ARE  THE  EXPERTS  LISTENING TO  THE  TAPE, POLICE   PERSON   TELLING   ZIMMERMAN  TO  STOP   FOLLOWING  TRAYVON  MARTIN/ZIMMERMAN  GETS  OUT  WITH  A  LOADED  GUN   POINTING  AT  TRAYVON  MARTIN///ZIMMERMAN  WAS  GOING TO  KILL A  BLACK  MALE//BLACK  REPUBLICANS   THINK   TRAYVON  MARTIN  DESERVE  TO  BE  KILLED/WONDER  WHAT   DR.  BEN  CARSON  THINKS//I  THINK   DR. CARSON  HAS  2   SONS///

If Zimmerman goes free.......

Yes, it would be a tragic injustice.

But if you look at the utter MADNESS in urban areas all over this nation and how so many Black people are slaughtering eachother on a weekly basis and the killers often times not only go free but aren't even apprehended.

Do you mean to tell me that THIS case is going to be the pinnacle for Black justice in America?

Are you telling me everything rides or dies on THIS case?

Michael Jackson said, "Shumm on......" you gotta be kidding.

We need to get our priorities together.

And what if he DID get off scott free.....then what?

Police and racists have BEEN shooting and killing dozens of Black men and women even since Trayvon's death and outside of a few rallies led by older Civil Rights leaders like Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson.....there hasn't been much of a reaction from Black people collectively.

So the question is even if Zimmerman goes free.....what would the consequences be?

Fat negro girls and sissified negro boys will still be hanging out at the malls or on the street corners yapping on their cell phones grinning and calling eachother "nigga" and "bitch" shamelessly not giving a damn who's hearing or seeing them.

Maybe if Trayvon were a Hispanic and Zimmerman got off, maybe there would be some unrest.

But many of the Black youth today are too fat, lazy, and stupid to pose a threat to anyone but themselves.

Pioneer here are my predictions:

• Zimmerman will get off, any penalties will be minor
  • Black folks won't do shit about it
  • Zimmerman will be groomed to become a talking head for the right wing
  • Zimmerman will write a book
  • The family will sue the book's profits and will lose
  • The book will become a bestseller despite calls by Black folks to boycott it
  • A movie will be made, Gabourey Sidibe will play Jeantal.
  • Black folks, led by Spike Lee, will complain that a Black filmmaker was not "given" the opportunity to make the film

I'm not so sure that there won't be violent reactions if Zimmerman beats the rap, - that there won't be a replay of what happened when Rodney King's assailants were found not guilty.  We got a long, hot, summer ahead of us and the natives are restless.  Anything can set off an orgy of rioting and looting.  All the inner cities need is an excuse to explode. But at least, law enforcement will be on the alert and ready to combat the violence, which might in itself compound rather than quell the situation.  We shall see. 

What lesson can be learned from whatever happens? Trayvon Martin may not be a hero, but he is a martyr. Matured far beyond the outdated pictures of him, it's not that he was extraordinary, - a wholesome preppy, out for an evening stroll to gaze skyward at the configuration of the stars, a babe in the woods, set upon by a villain who rendered him helpless and then shot him in cold blood.   It's, instead, that Trayvon was ordinary, and this made him a suspicious homeboy on the defensive, ready for combat.  In a fair fight he might've prevailed, - athletic in build, emboldened by the joint he'd smoked earlier, he might've kicked the creepy cracker's ass.  But this confrontation was not fair - or justified. Trayvon Martin died for the sin of being in the wrong place at the wrong time.  And, oh yeah, -  because he was black. Go ahead and pay homage to this Saint of Swag. 

What can black kids learn from this?  What they already know: is that they have 2 strikes against them and that it's a jungle out there where guns are the great equalizer.  Justice may not be served.  But the lines have been drawn.  Things will get worse before they get better. Race matters, and racism won't go away.  God bless America, indeed. Slavery cursed America. 

• Like 1

Nicely written Cynique. 

But, when Zimmerman beats the rap nothing will happen as a result.  We will go back to our mobile devices tweeting nonsense, getting fatter, dumber and enriching the 1% at our own expense.

America has become a different place in the 20 since the Rodney King beat down.  I think the lack of reaction, or even discussion about Oscar Grant, for example, should tell us something. 

Time may prove me wrong, but I doubt it.

Pioneer here are my predictions:

• Zimmerman will get off, any penalties will be minor
  • Black folks won't do shit about it
  • Zimmerman will be groomed to become a talking head for the right wing
  • Zimmerman will write a book
  • The family will sue the book's profits and will lose
  • The book will become a bestseller despite calls by Black folks to boycott it
  • A movie will be made, Gabourey Sidibe will play Jeantal.
  • Black folks, led by Spike Lee, will complain that a Black filmmaker was not "given" the opportunity to make the film

I've thought the same thing about Gabourey playing Rachel if a movie about Trayvon was made, lol.

You know what................

I have so much confidence in what you have predicted that I suggest you make these points a "sticky" and post them in a thread at the head of one of the forums so that as the situation progresses we can see which ones you were spot on with!

The way things move today.......I'd say a year or 2 will be sufficient time to see how much of what you said comes true from public reaction, to the civil lawsuit, to the movie.

Cynique

Most of the youth who have the "I don't give a fuck" attitude it takes to actually do something are ALREADY engaging mayhem (against their own communities) on a daily basis and don't need a not-guilty verdict in the Zimmerman trial to prime them into action.

Most of the youth who have enough sense to be outraged are generally the conciencious law abiding time who just want to finish thier education and make good in life, lol.

They are hardly going to go out throwing bricks through windows or cussing at the police.

Tell that to all of the police forces on alert and black leaders who are cautioning against a violent reaction should Zimmerman go free. Widespread looting of white businesses and mass rioting are what they fear. These reactions  are fueled by the frustration of everyday people and are not that common.The long term effects of an acquittal will fade, but spontaneous outbursts may occur.

Every since her court appearance, the Internet has been alive with comparisons between Rachel and Precious.  There may be documentaries made about this case, but I doubt if a movie will be made.

I attended a "meetup" here in Tampa FL last night the object of the gather was to discussion few few controversial issues basically a live version of what we do here. 

The subjects covered were 1965 Voting Act, George Zimmerman Trial, Dark Girls Documentary and Paula Deen Interview & Apology

All extreme cynicism and jokes aside, all of the people (who spoke) felt that if Zimmerman did get off there would in fact be rioting.  I still do not think there will be. And forget about Black people looting white businesses.  That would be suicide too many folks with guns willing to use them. 

There is a publicity campaign doing on in the state calling for calm after the verdict.

Florida's "stand your ground" and gun law are really something else.

Interestingly, my Zimmerman "predictions" in the last 20 minutes has been the most popular thing I've posted in a long time.  People don't know if I'm serious or not :o

I mostly am -- especially about the movie.

There isn't that much of a back story for  this incident  and the plot would call for a lot of filler.  Maybe a made-for-TV movie would be made by the Life Time cable channel.  Who would play Zimmerman? Trayvon?  Rachel is just a minor character.

Cynique you have a fine imagination.  I'm surprised you can envision the possibilities.  Jeantal indicated that Trayvon was the only one who did not make fun of her.  They could play up that relationship any number of ways. 

Interestingly I have not seen a photo of Trayvon at the age he was when he was shot.  I've only seen the photo of the young boy.  I don't enough Black teenage actors to even think of one.  By the time the movie is made.  Gabby is probably too old to play Jeantal again I can;t think of another actor -- but I'm sure there are plenty out there who'd fit the fill.

For Zimmerman I'm thinking that guy from Hurt Locker and the last Mission Impossible film (I don't recall his name and don't feel like look it up right now)...

Well, we can thank the social media for providing an outlet for Blacks to vent  the anger that in an earlier time could've been played out big time in the streets.  My face book page is bristling with anger and indignation about George Zimmerman going free. I'm sure Twitter is on fire, too.   Actually, the decision was almost anti-climatic because the media was predicting that the prosecution had a weak case and live TV coverage allowed interested parties to see the defense's strengths and the prosecution's blatant inadequacies. 

I, personally don't think justice was served.  And I was particularly galled not only by the smirks and smugness of the defendant and his team, the judge and the city officials, but also by the shrugging apathy of the losing team.

I am, of course, impressed with the commentary from the liberal legal experts who say the prosecution did a lousy job of presenting their case, tiptoeing around the issue of racial profiling and calling witnesses that favored the defense, not to mention charging Zimmerman with second degree murder instead of intially pursuing the easier to prove charge of manslaughter.

All I know is that there is something inherently wrong when a young black male whose only crime was reacting to a racist stalker who is exonerated from killing his prey on the grounds of defending himself from the victim who was defending himself from the stranger he perceived to be a threat. One party's actions were premeditated, the other's  spontaneous. A gun put the vigilante at a great advantage. And a teenager out for an evening stroll  paid for it with his life.  Go figure. 

I listened to Fox News for as long as I could stomach it, then I switched back to MSNBC. The divisiveness in this country does not bode well for the future

Maybe this case would make a good movie, after all,  - because ironically George Zimmerman is now a victim.    There's a cloud over his head and his life will never be the same.   

Trayvon's father Tracy Martin............

tracy-martin.jpg

Could be played actor Delroy Lindo......

Delroy_Lindo_3.jpg

DELROY LINDO

• Like 1