THE MARCH ON WASHINGTON/

I  WATCHED  THE  1963  MARCH  ON  WASHINGTON   LAST  NIGHT.  ON  PBS..../FORGOTTEN   ARE   ROY  WILKINS,  BAYARD   RUSTIN,   JAMES  FARMER  AND    WHITNEY  YOUNG AND   SO  MANY  OTHERS....LOT  OF   WHITE  AND  BLACK  MOVIE  STARS..  WERE  THERE.....DR.  KING  WOULD  BE  AMAZED.,IF  HE  COULD  SE HOW  THINGS  HAVE  GOTTEN/BLACK  PEOPLE  INVOLVED  IN  THERE  OWN  ENSLAVEMENT...BLACK  ON  BLACK  VIOLENCE..DRUGS,  IRRESPONSIBLE  SEX, GETTING AIDS,  HIV VIRUS, HAVING  A  CHOICE  OF  ABORTION,.BLACK  MEN  NOT  BEING  FATHERS/THEN  THERES  THE  CHURCH...DR.  KING  WOULD  BE  DISGUSTED  TO  SE  WHAT  HAS  HAPPENED  TO  THE  CHURCH..THE  CHURCH  USE  TO  BE  A  PLACE  OF  STRATEGY...BLACK  PREACHERS  ARE  MOTIVATE  BY  GREED  AND  PROFIT....SOME  REASON  BLACK  POLITICIANS  ARE  AFRAID  OF  FAKE  PREACHERS./WHITE  POLITICIANS  CONTROL  BLACK   CHURCHES/ARE  THERE   FUTURE  BLACK  LEADERS,FOR  A  FUTURE  BLACK  RACE,  I  WONDER.////  

I think people simply got caught up in doing what they can for themselves.

It seems to me that this country is best suited for individuals who do what is best for themselves.  The benefit of others is only considered to the extent that it directly benefits oneself. 

These people, usually our most successful, are not interested in advancing anyone other than themselves.  Working for the betterment of a group -- even Black people -- is out of the question.  We live in a world where ministers who make enough money to own a private jet off the back of people living pay check to pay check (if they are lucky), are held in high esteem.

I understand why people behave so selfishly; again, this is the way it works in America.  She is optimized for individuals who acquire wealth at the expense of others.  

People (all people) will need to feel a lot more pain before they do anything about it.  They will also need to understand that it is not a Black vs white fight.  A Black president should have made that abundantly clear. But instead we mistakenly see this as progress...

Keep complaining Harry perhaps enough people will understand and do something. 

I'm not holding my breath.