The Right Wing War Game

It's pitiful to see how Obama is constantly manipulated by the Republicans into doing THEIR dirty work for them.

Just like Obama Care......
A right wing health care beauracracy designed to make the Insurance companies even richer.

The Republicans TRICKED Obama and the Democrats (who originally wanted Universal Healthcare) into not only supporting such a bill but actually spearheading and leading it.

It's the same with escalating the war in Afganistan, expanding the war into Pakistan, the war in Libya, and now what looks like the future war in Syria.

They love to go to war, but they know the American public is tired of war and is against it so they had to figure out a way to initiate these conflicts while looking like the "good guys".

So what do they do?

Like a "rabbit" in a race, they run out ahead and prime and promt the Administration, Senate and House  on the urgency to go to war.  Not ALL of them, just the hawks....some of them quietly criticize any military action and make sure this criticism goes on record.  But like the rabbit of a race once the hawks get the crowd going in a particular direction and the conflict is raging .....they jump back out of the scene and the people like Rand Paul come on and CRITICIZE the administration for intervening in other people's affairs and playing the world's police.

2 of the biggest hawks pushing for war with Syria are John McCain and Lindsey Graham.

Both McCain and Graham are ARCH ENEMIES of President Obama!

They hate him and everything he does, so why would he even listen to them and their advice let alone accept their support?

It's absolutely foolish to accept advice and support from your sworn enemies.

Pioneer, sit back for a second, take off your reading glasses, take a sip of Henessey, and think about it for a few moments.  The answer should be simple... 

You may not want to accept it, as it would comflict with your assumptions about Obama.  I'm sure the assumptions are difficult to reliquish, but if you do the answer would be as be plain as day.

What?

That he's not being manipulated at all but actually is WITH those who appear to be his political enemies???

Lol, perhaps.....

But a man as smart as him would surely realize that it would have been much better for him to have entered his political career as a Republican and establish his reputation as a moderate Republican like Colin Powel.

With his intellect and charm, I'm sure he would have not only risen to the Senate but probably would have STILL ended up becoming President as a Black Republican!

But this way....claiming to be a Democrat while pushing Republican policies.....he incurs the wrath of Republicans as well as liberal Democrats who are continually baffled by his behavior.

Why would a man engage in a deceptive strategy which makes him look like a fool, wimp, and punching bag for his political enemies?

Perhaps I may be wrong.....

But I still think he WANTS to be a Democrat and WANTS to be....atleast a moderate if not a little left of center.

That's what he probably WANTS deep down in his heart...probably...maybe...on a warm spring afternoon, lol.

But his desire to please his political enemies and try to calm them and satify them. His desire to MAKE them love him seems to influence so many of his policies.

He thinks it's smart to ignore his base because he figures he has them, so he continues to focus on ways to win over his enemies.

Del, the people and the situation is indeed very complex.  However, we can determine what motiviates people the most by their behavior.  Their words are usually a reflection of self-delusion or outright lies.

A key to understanding Obama's motivations can be derived by observing his actions.  We can say that he was tricked by the GOP, if we want, and that may make some of us feel better, but we would be deluding ourselves.

Del I reworded my original response.  It was riddled with poor grammer.   I'm not sure if it impacts your interpretation of what I wrote.

I looked up Behaviorist and I don't consider myself one.

People overeat because they can't control themselves. But this is natural, some of us are better at self control than others.  Some of us are under more pressure and stress and therefore find it more difficult to execise self control during different periods. Others simply dislike overeatting so restraining oneself is not difficutl at all.

I suspect most people who overeat know they are doing it, know that is is not healthy, but do it anyway.  Maybe it is Thanksgiving and there is a ton of free, tasty food available at a relative's house, so one is more likely to overeat under those conditions.

The only way to guarantee that someone will not overeat is to make the food unavailable.

Then I'm not clear what a behaviorist is...

I just started a book about how to motivate people. In it an analogy is used to describe how people behave:

Imagine a man riding and an elephant.  The man, represents our rational brain and the elephant represents our irrational emotions.

Now the man can direct the elephant, but the elephant can take complete control very easily. 

This explains why a guy will have unprotected sex with a girl (or guy) that they just met.  The risk of an deadly STD, or an unwanted pregnancy is no deterrent. (my analogy)

Often what you find is that you have to appeal to one's elephant (emotions) to motivate them.  This is why religions can get people to do some things that make very little sense like justifying slavery, condemn homosexuals, or even rationalizing the extermination of a people.

For example, when I wrote about the closing of Black books stores it was much more compelling for me to simply list a couple hundred closed stores (appealing to the elephant), rather than citing the number of closed stores (appealing to the elephant).  It is the same information but many more people found the long list of closed store much more compelling and the reaction I received was proof.

Another example, we call our unmanned killing machines "drones" and call the innocent people slaughtered "collateral damage".  I think if the general public where regularly shown the graphic images of the mutilated bodies of innocence victims there would be much more outrage about what s done in our name

If we really told the stories of each of our own solders we would fell differently about these wars. 

This may sound a little ironic but.....

Now, because the President DIDN'T do anything militarily (yet) it actually makes him look weaker!

He had no business drawing red lines on Syria to begin with.

Even after drawing it he could have came up with another alternative to hold the Syrian government accountable.

But after preparing for war.....

THEN passing the buck along to Congress for approval....

THEN accepting a deal from Russia to help monitor and destroy Syria's weapons....

It makes him look as if he's looking for any excuse to get out of a fight that he started.

It's like a kid insulting you and you threaten to kick his ass after school but then you keep walking up to him asking him to apologize and then tern to his friends asking them to make him apologize.

....you really didn't intended on fighting in the first place.

There's nothing wrong with wanting peace, but if you're a head of state you shouldn't go around bluffing.