BLACK TEEN GUILTY,MURDERING BABY/

IN GEORGIA  BLACK  TEEN  DEMARQUISE  ELKINS  FOUND  GUILTY  KILLING  BABY  IN STROLLER//JUDGE   ADDED  ON  105  YEARS  FOR    ELKINS   ARMED  ROBBERY  AND  SHOOTING  PASTOR  OUTSIDE  A  CHURCH////MARQUISE   ELKINS  GUILTY,   LIFE  SENTENCE   WITHOUT   PAROLE  POSSIBILITY../MORE    STUPID  BLACK  MALES///SOME  PEOPLE  THINK  TRAYVON  MARTIN  WAS   A  CRIMINAL   BLACK  MALE   AND  DESERVED  TO  BE   KILLED.....////

"Demarquise" ????

Where in the hell do so many Black women come up with these jacked-up-French names for their children?

LaMarr
DeMarquise
DeMario
LaRone

This seems to have started in the 70s as a way to reclaim our heritage.
I understand the desire to get out of the colonial White supremist mindset but it seems that too many people just started MAKING UP names and adding French prefixes to them instead of giving their chilren authentic African names that have been fully vetted.

I have some cousins with names that I can't even say without laughing.

There is meaning in a name.
There is even power in some names.

A twisted name is an indication of the twisted mind who came up with it.
A mother should atleast know the meaning of the name she gives her child before issuing it.

I've noticed that most Black folks have strange first names but "standard" last names.

DeCarlos Jones

LaMarkus Jackson

Shekeelah Smith

However, most White folks have "standard" first names and jacked up last names.

Matt Spechineck

John Gigglioni

Josh Meckldeczkwek Jr

Lol......

Waddya get when these people mix, Shekeelah Spechineck, who would probably go by the nickname "KiKi", 'cause you know we don't use are governments. 

I used to go by TJ, and Tee-Roy those were not names that I created just what people chose to use.  I used to call myself "Easy", but it never caught on, cause I really never forced it.