Simon & Schuster Authors Celebrate Local Independent Bookstores

Troy

Simon & Schuster even created a page where indie stores can download a banner to help promote the video and independent stores in general.

I've been engaged in my own effort to support Black owned independent book stores with Huria Search visitors can review a list of all the Black owned independent bookstores in the US.  They can also review detailed information about each store, like Aziz Book in IL.

Already much of the information I provide on Huria Search is the most complete and up to date available anywhere.  In future updates I plan to provide a facility for stores to upload event information and more. 

This information can be shared on anyone's website or Blog as shown here on AALBC.com.  All that is required to share the automatically updated bookstore database is a few short lines of code.

You may have noticed none of the bookstore mentioned in the video are Black owned.

IF WE WANT OUR INDEPENDENT STORES/SITES/AUTHORS TO SURVIVE WE WILL HAVE TO SUPPORT THEM.  NO ONE WILL DO IT FOR US.

Peace,

Troy