The is a Funny Video - Women Really Do Have it Harder Than Men

I guess I find it funny because it just epitomizes the absurdity of "high" fashion. But on a more practical matter these super high heeled shoes are simply bad for you.  How many women have I seen, often overweight who have to pack a pair a flat shoes to wear home after attending an event in 5 inch heals...

I'm glad men have no pressure to wear shoes that are just bad for your feet.  The days of hammer toes from wearing pointy shoes are long gone.  We don't have to worry about processing our hair, painting our faces, or showing up to an event wearing the same suit.

The stumbling models are not only funny but they're ludicrous to the point of being pathetic.

Women are slaves to fashion. Not only do they transform themselves to attract men, but they dress to inspire envy in other women.  Until they rise about the superficiality of a fashion industry dominated by gay men,  females can never truly be liberated. 

• Like 1

I've been busy moving through the tall grass.  Going to try and be more regular on the board, but that's probably if I can get past the holiday season without any big hiccups.  Sure looks like it's been quiet around here; not much of the fire and brimstone like in the past. 

• Like 1

Yeah it is been real quiet.  Some of the regulars are more active on social media, some seemingly have disappeared completely.  I'm looking forward to your more frequent contributions too.

I've been on social media for a few years now and it just ain't the same.  Too fleeting, no real debate, too focused on pop-culture, little serious conversation about anything....  Maybe I'll compare and contrast on a Blog post.

Yes, Nils, it can't have escaped you how times have changed.  There are so many new venues where people can share their experiences and vent their aggravations that the competition for sites that offer a forum for opinionated debates have taken a toll on the original trail blazers in this field.  What seems to be left now if just a dwindling audience of silent lurkers. 

The good ol days when all the fireworks that once occurred here are gone.  But those times were fun and stimulating while they lasted.  All good things must come to an end as they say.  And so it goes... 

I miss all of my ol sparring partners and hope they are all well. Me, I'm just plodding along, callin things as I see 'em, and my old eyes are not wearing rose-colored glasses. This country is a hot mess. :huh:

• Like 1