Great Books For Just 1 Penny

In I noticed there were hundreds of books that I've sold, over the last three years, through Amazon's affiliate program, for a penny! 

I, as the book seller, don't make any money (commissions on a $0.01 sale is $0.00) and the author does not make any extra money--that is assuming they made royalties off the book in the first place.  I have to believe some of these books selling for a penny never made it into the marketplace.

The the only entities who profit off of these sales are the shipping companies and Amazon.  While the book costs one cent the shipping cost is usually $3.99, which is where the profit is generated.

At any rate, I've listed below a few of most popular books that are selling for a penny, on AALBC.com.  All of the books have made multiple appearances on AALBC.com bestsellers lists and are excellent reads. 

As far as I'm concerned if this model gets good books into the hands of readers that might not otherwise get to these books I'm all for it.  There are enough people who pay full price and these secondary markets would not exist without them. 

carlee44.jpg

Age Ain't Nothing but a Number: Black Women Explore Midlife Edited by Carleen Brice

excerp2.jpg

A Lesson Before Dying by Ernest J. Gaines

kimber52.jpg

One in a Million by Kimberla Lawson Roby

j.htm1.jpg
Wild Stars Seeking Midnight Suns: Stories by J. California Cooper