Hard Foul

You don't become wealthy in this nation being righteous. The ball players ain't about to quit, any more than a house negro would work in the field.

The general population does not care, really. They will keep shelling out mega bucks buying high priced tickets and merchandise further enriching this guy even at the expense out own well being.

Think so?  Corporate sponsors of the Clippers are pulling out and the league and other owners are ready to act.  The team will survive but I don't think Donald Sterling will, as their owner. Paula Deene went through this.  She made a comeback but has not regained her former status.  These racists don't lose their fortunes but they lose their credibility. 

Sterling and Farmer Bundy do represent the mindset of certain segment of white people who will silently support them, but other high-profile whites prefer to be politically-correct. 

Blacks as a whole still do not command a lot of respect from white America, and are just tolerated by those who don't want to be thought of as bigots, and this dynamic  extends to the highest office in the land. Of course Republican lawmakers don't care how others regard them, they will continue to thwart President Obama because they are white males who refuse to defer to a black one.  Repeal of voting laws are just another version of  Sterling's "don't bring any Blacks to my turf".

What's really ironic is that the old standby tactic of an economic boycott poses no threat in the Clippers situation.  Because they can't afford the prices, black faces are few and far between among the crowds that fill the arenas to be entertained by the hooping and dunking of tattooed NBA gladiators. Black non attendance will have little impact.   

Yes, race is an artifical construct, but somebody forgot to tell this to the millions who continue to use color as an occasion to discriminate and despise.

Cynique of course we can boycott. The Black players, 80+ of the freaking players can simply stop playing.

In fact they could form their own league. I'm not talking about a Black only league, but one in which the people who provide the value share in most of the wealth.

Now that will NEVER happen.

And please don't get me started on the NAACP -- my God they were in the process of giving the known racist a 2nd life time achievement award!? There was NO pretense of giving a crap about Black folks.

But why should I be surprised given our collective behavior.