Structured Chaos.

Life is  a state of flux. Sometimes objects and entities are vibrating at a different rate of speed and they shift in and out of a common dimension. You can't find something you've lost and then later it turns up at the place you're sure you searched before. 

I'm sure  my aura is electrified and I seem to attract clutter.  Cords laying straight around me will soon curl up and become tangled. Synchronicity is a part of my everyday existence.  Words are always paired up when I'm reading and watching TV or on the computer and the TV is on. The other day as I was keying the phrase "don't blame me", these words were simultaneously being sung in a song playing on the television.  "Coincidences" like this happen to me almost daily. 

My life has its ups and downs but I've started to notice certain things.  Strangers are always friendly to me.  I can go to a department store and people I don't even know will smile and nod to me.  I find this curious because I am not an especially friendly looking person.  Maybe it's because I am old and I remind them of someone in their family.  A couple of months ago, while I was line at a Dollar store, I was fumbling through my purse to find my credit card to pay for items that totalled $17 or so.  The lady behind me immediately volunteered  to pay my bill.  I was extremely touched but I found my card and paid the bill myself. 

Often at social gatherings, there will be someone I meet  who I make an immediate connection with; usually a man.  Then all during the course of the evening our eyes keep meeting. I really find this strange because these guys are usually much much younger than me.  I wouldn't call it a flirtation.  Just a - what, I don't know.  Acquaintance from another life?

I've wandered through life, traveling a journey where for some reason when people like me, it is in spite of myself, not for myself.  It's like they rationalize my character flaws, and lately everybody seems to want to pray for me.   I can't understand why they don't see me for the devil that I am and just simply give up on me. Recently a friend snapped a picture of me with  her phone camera and when we viewed it, there was light all around my head which she claimed was a halo.  Wat's up wid dat??

Maybe these things aren't unique to me, and they happen to everybody.  Even so, I find them curious.

• Like 1

Cynique and Del you might find the up coming Intelligence Squared Debate interesting.  It will be streamed live on Wednesday (May 7th at 6:45PM), otherwise you can catch a podcast.

iq2-logo.gif

The proposition is: Death Is Not Final

"If consciousness is just the workings of neurons and synapses, how do we explain the phenomenon of near-death experience? By some accounts, about 3% of the U.S. population has had one: an out-of-body experience often characterized by remarkable visions and feelings of peace and joy, all while the physical body is close to death. To skeptics, there are more plausible, natural explanations, like oxygen deprivation. Is the prospect of an existence after death “real” and provable by science, or a construct of wishful thinking about our own mortality?"

I've attended a number of these debates in the past.  They are all really quite fascinating.  On one occasion I attended an reception with the debaters.  On this particular evening there were was a military general that was previously debating about the use of drones (something I'm against).  After specking with this guy I got the sense that he really was sincerely interested in protecting the American people.  He really changed my opinion on the use of drones.  These are complicated and tough decisions these guys make.  I don't envy them.

In any event, you can cast your vote before the debate.  Once the debate is over you vote again.  After the debate the side that changed the most opinions wins.

I voted for the proposition; I believe death is not final.  So far, the majority (58%) are against the motion. 

Cynique the same way you know what is going to happen next those people know you. The real you. I have had a curious thing happen to me three tunes talking with a friend. They will tell me something that is true. When I ask them how they know it they don't know. Yet they are dyte it is true. And what they say or write strikes me as italicized from the rest if the conversation.

You are right about trees, Delano.  They can die and still be standing with nests among their branches where birds live and thrive! How does this apply to humans.  Organ donation, I guess.  :o

So life simply has an unrecognized, perhaps in unrecognizable structure.

If our soul is eternal, I hope my soul is a lot smarter than I am. I'd hate the idea of running around as clueless and powerless as I am now for eternity or even being around many of the people I know...

We may not be less than trees but I'm not convinced we are more.

I scored a couple of tickets to this sold out event. A buddy of mine has connections ;-)

Does anyone have a question I'll try to ask the debaters if you have a question for a specific person let me know. The debate starts at 6:30 Eastern.

Del I agree with that even without the poetic license. 

Trees serve to preserve humanity, and the planet, by their very existence pumping much needed oxygen into the atmosphere.

Man, on the other hand, seems to be doing everything he can do destroy the planet.

This guy would be doing a bit more than shedding a tear right about now.

crying_indian.jpg