Sign in to follow this  
Troy

Death is not Final

Troy The analysis is like several coin tosses. If you can orefixt the outcome with a margin of error. You have to conclude the following: Tge coin is biased. The coin is unbiased and the prediction is valid. The predictor I'd influencing the coin. You are using statistics to bolster your argument. Unfortunately yiur grasp of statistics us lacking. In statistics you can test qualifying outcomes not just quantified ones. I mentioned that so I'm not certain what your objections are. perhaps in the interest of clarity you can just you points in bullet points and I will answer each. However if that is to tedious you can reread my post. You will find mist if your objections answered. Unless I have misunderstood you. Which is clearly an alternative to you not understanding me.

• Like 1

Del you can stop telling me how little I know about statistics I understood how you felt the previous times you mentioned it. 

If you want to call into question my ability to grasp the concept of the statistical probability of a coin toss that is cool, but don't expect that to be a way of understanding my perspective.

I'm simply trying to help you understand why I don't believe any of my personal experience with Astrology, in my way of reckoning, is proof that it is real. 

You are not certain of what my objections are because you are not trying to understand what I'm writing.

• Do you understand why I don't believe, despite a couple of compelling experiences, that I can prove, to my own satisfaction, that Astrology is real?

Troy - My apologies you are right. I never try to understand what people believe. I am more interested in how they got there. When you mention statistics incorrectly I assume that you want to be corrrected , that is a wrong assumption on my part. Believeing or not believing is not a scientific position it is a religous one. The only scientific view on religion is agnostic. I don't know. Believers can and nonbelievers can suffer from the same arrogrance, that their opinion is the correct one. And once you assume you are right you stop thinking. I decided about 3 years ago to live my life like magic is a real thing. So you and I or on opposite sides of the fence. I don't mean to insult your knowledge. I have no idea what you know. Although a thing some of your comment are more for public consumption. I have no way of knowing , it just a feeling. That is what I do. I try to follow a feeling, while trying to be as childlike in my approach to the world as possible.

If I told you I was psychic and to prove it I asked you to flip a coin and I successfully guessed which side it landed.  Would you consider that proof of my psychic ability? 

How many times are you going to guess predict.