The Donald Sterling Controversy......

I'm sure you've done numerous threads about this issue already but.........

I like controversial events like this because it's a good illustration of the compexities of racism in the United States.

People in other parts of the West often wonder about the love/hate relationship between the races in this nation.

How can White people love Black music, sports, and food so much but yet not like Black people?

How can the same White man who has a Black wife, mistress, or girlfriend be racist at the same time?

I tell people that White slave masters used to love to bang the hell out of Black female slaves and even give them money and land.....all while lynching Black men or burning some of them alive, and many shake their heads in disbelief.

Yet the same NYPD cop who stuck that stick up a Black man's ass has a Black wife.

When they look at Donald Sterling they see a wealthy White man who loves the hell out of that brownskinned woman of color....yet is clearly racist and hates her Black ancestry and the Black men she hangs around with.

• Like 1

Pioneer it really is no different than a black man who has sex with a Black woman and then displays no obvious signs of respect for her otherwise. Sometimes these brothers show no signs of respect during the "love making."

I think this whole "controversy" is complete bullshit. Meanwhile the players are still million dollar slaves and the so called fans are still suckers paying hundreds of dollars for over priced sports apparel, tickets and cable bills, while thousands of Black boys are uneducated and exploited by colleges.

Now controversy is emerging in the NFL over the passionate interaction between the first gay football player, who's black, and his white boyfriend shown on TV screens when the gay guy was selected for the NFL draft. Jeeze.  I try not to be homophobic but I recoiled when I saw these two embracing and kissing on the lips, an episode that was  followed by the big burly weeping  player's puny little partner consoling him.  EW.  I know, I know. 

Makes me a little empathetic with Donald Sterling because I know there are plenty of black folks who wouldn't want their reaction to this scene secretly taped...

Or worse Cynique being fined to fired for just expressing your opinion. I've heard some players were fined for expressing their opinions.

It seems mere words are more powerful and treated more harshly than actual actions.

We live in a world where people are literately unemployable because of comments made online?! Culturally we have completely lost it.

As an aside, has anyone observed an 18 year old hooked on social media? It is crazy! Connected and engaged 24 hours--stressed without it.

Cynique

Sooooo do you have an answer to the question you posed?

Yes...the answer is jealousy.

I don't feel sorry for Donal Sterling one bit because while his remarks should be condemned, he shouldn't be punished legally or financially.
And trying to do so will only embolden conservatives and right-wing racists who can point to his "persecution" as an example of how the freedoms of White America are being taken away under the banner of political correctness.

To take away a man's wealth because of racist remaks he made over the telephone is clearly going overboard.....and the people who are TALKING ABOUT doing it (but haven't done it yet) know it.
They are just showboating and exiting the anger of many Whites in this nation.

In a few years..... just like Mel Gibson, Don Imus and other wealthy White men who've said racist things he will be able to keep his wealth and status and it will be forgotten.
The only thing is more conservatives getting to point at the controversy of how they "persecuted" poor Sterling for exercising his freedom of speech.

BnT_kGhIUAAiCCy.png

Miami Dolphins defensive back Don Jones was fined and suspended from team activities after he wrote "OMG" and "Horrible" in reaction to the the kiss above.  A million dollar slave unable to express his opinion on his own time.

Some people don't like to see two guys kissing.  Is it a crime to express that sentiment?

I would be grossed out seeing a photo of Donald Sterling kissing his "so-called" mistress.  Is there anything wrong with saying that?

This is controversial?!  My God we are in serious need of help in America.

Pioneer it really is no different than a black man who has sex with a Black woman and then displays no obvious signs of respect for her otherwise. Sometimes these brothers show no signs of respect during the "love making."

I think this whole "controversy" is complete bullshit. Meanwhile the players are still million dollar slaves and the so called fans are still suckers paying hundreds of dollars for over priced sports apparel, tickets and cable bills, while thousands of Black boys are uneducated and exploited by colleges.

Are  we sure that's a "man" he's kissing.....lol.

Dude's got some slender looking well moisturized arms and a narrow feminine face.
It's like a woman with short hair to me.

I just don't understand (and maybe I do) when they insist on promoting the homosexuality of Black male atheletes....as if they're trying to show the world how twisted AfroAmerican man have become.

And ofcourse Don Jones was fined/punished.
They are sending clear signals to Black men that they're personal opinions aren't welcomed unless the fit the program or agenda of demoralizing the Black community.
Meaning.....the only Black people we want to hear from are those who support the gay movement and welcome it as being comparable to the Civil Rights Movement.
This fits into the image racists have attempted to portray of the moral degeneracy of the AfroAmerican community.