Astrology is the study of the movement of time and space.

I have described this before, but it is so confounding to me that I frequently return to the subject.  Although I am an August Leo and the sun is my sign, I am also a moon person.  To be more accurate, -  a lunatic.  Over the past  25 years I have been increasingly awed by the moon.  So much so that on any convenient occasion, if the moon is full, I will go outside and gaze at it until I transcend my body and merge with it. Now I am in sync with the cycles of the moon.  Over the course of a month I am affected by its phases. 

Like the ocean, the moon influences the tides in my body.  My blood seems to rise and fall as it flows through my veins during the course of a month.  My round yellow face has become increasinsgly moon-like and undergoes changes as the days go by.  :mellow:  I start out looking very childlike but, in time, the gravitational pull of the moon takes its toll. When it is full I look haggard. <_<  The moon also affects my moods, sending me through highs and lows.  :rolleyes:

I am also a star gazer and I really become transfixed while looking up at the sky, realizing that the  twinkling I am witnessing orginated hundreds of light years ago. The stars are my siblings because, as Carl Sagan reminded, humans and stars are composed of the same elements.  We come from the same source.

I don't necessarily think my experiences are unique.  I suspect I'm just more aware of the phenomenon because I have chosen to be.

Astrology is, indeed,  intresting to contemplate. Do the things that make me different from other people have anything to do with how the atmosphere was when I was born? Who knows?  In the study of astrology who has determined what influence the position of the stars exerts on human affairs?  Moreover, good and bad are relative in the context of earthly events.  And is there really such a thing as luck??? Some people seem to attract more fortuity of than others. Why is this?

The mysteries of the universe are mind-boggling. :o

Cynique, was your relationship with the moon consistent throughout your life, or has it changed as you've aged?

The mysteries of the universe are absolutely mind-boggling.  I would love to know what preceded it and what is beyond its boundaries.  The idea that the universe is  finite in size is just as amazing as the research they are pursing in understanding sub atomic particles. 

Apparently were are approaching or actually in the age of Aquarius which is supposed to correspond with a period of enlightenment, transcendence, spirituality, or just a period of people being nice to each other for a change. 

The current period, Pieces is most often associated with Christianity.  This is the reason fish is an important symbol of both the age and religion.  I may be butchering the whole concept, perhaps Del can clarify.

At any rate, Cynique your perspective may be shared with more people than you expect as we all are living during the dawning of the Age of Aquarius.

Not only is astrology about time and the movement of the stars and planets......but it's also about how those planets affect you and your personality when you're born.

Each star.

Each planet.

Has it's own magnetic or gravitational pull and this effects your brain, cerebral fluid, and development like the moon affects the ocean tide.

On a darker note............

Cynique

Your obsession with the moon may be genetic.

Pehaps you're a WEREWOLF....lol.

Well, I was born during the day, in early afternoon, when there were no stars around. :P

And yes, I may be afflicted with a mild case of lycanthropy, which is a werewolf syndrome. 

I'd date my kinship with the moon back to a developing interest in lunar and solar eclipses, and this goes back almost 50 years.

I am actually interested in all celestial phenomenon.  When the Hale-Bopp comet was passing through in 1997. I stared at it so long that I felt like I was aboard it. This is all apart of how my brain is wired and why I can't embrace religion with its parameters.  The vastness and impact of the unverse and the possibility of tapping into its powers are far more compelling to me. 

Cynique your moon is in cancer,which is ruled by the moon. So even though your sun sun is one of two of the most masculine signs. Your moon is in the most feminine sign. Also have okuto there will make you very aware in a subconscious level of all things lunar. So you may find if you have one drink of alcohol it may really effect you.

How will the alcohol affect me?  I can hold my liquor pretty good. LOL

and

It has occurred to me that if it wouldn't blind me, I'd probably stand and stare at the sun the way I do at the moon. I am a sun worshipper, and love hot weather.  

Is there anything related to Gemini in my chart? I feel that I have 2 personalities.   

Cynique you are the same sign as my youngest kid, a Leo. 

Can you provide and more specific location, an address is idea?  Del will need to determine the longitude and latitude and is that time AM or PM?  Do you know if Day Light Savings time was observed back way back then :D if makes a difference.

Cynique what did you want to know. Well it's interesting because your sun is your spirit, and the moon is your body. So your spirit is more direct, doesn't suffer fools, confident maybe even at bit brash. Your personality or day to day persona is different. It's feminine, changeable, emotional, more concerned function over form.

So what happens is that you can go from one to another. Or you can mix match. So you mat get dolled up but you have the man brain happening. So when I guy is talking romantically he hasn't a chance. Unless he switches gears and appeals to your mind.

• Like 1

I am convinced that I am an electronic catalyist, and send out and pick up wave lengths.  Troy keeps attributing to coincidence, the recurring episodes wherein what I am keying on my computer,  is simultaneously being said on the TV which is right next to me.   The same with when I am reading. While sitting across from the TV,  words I am reading will  be what someone is saying on TV.. These little interludes happen daily.  I don't even know if this is syncronicity. I say this, to say that you have hinted at being psychic.  And what you pick up about me, seems as much telepathic as astrological.

Anyhow.  The town I was born in is 17 miles west of Chicago.  And I believe that FDR was the president who made day light savings time official.  He was elected in November of 1933 and I was born in  August of 1933 so my birth hour of 1:30 PM was probably not day light savings time.  The numbers I've always  naturally gravitated toward  are 8, and 3.  Also to a lesser degree, 5 because it is supposed to be my lucky number...

Cynique I call myself a psychic. I was doing a an astrological an the querent asked if I was reading astrologically or using psychic ability. I said both. I have read the wring chart but the reading was correct. Then I have gone back and read the correct chart but it didn't work.

I should be a bit more clear about what I call a coincidence.  If you experience an alignment of a pair of related, but unconnected events daily, over the course years I would not call that a "coincidence".  As the occurrence it too frequent to be defined a coincidence.

There may actually be a relationship between the two events, that we do not readily see or comprehend.  It may not be a coincidence, but it does not have to be anything more esoteric, but who knows. 

Here is my example: often when I think about someone they we reach out to me, seemingly out of the blue.  This happens so frequently that I started to think that I must have some psychic knowledge of when people thinking about me. 

At one point, I was so convinced of this that I'd planned to test my theory by calling people I "sensed" where thinking about me.  I just never got around to it.

Yesterday, I was thinking about a person and was literally typing their name when they called me; again seemingly "out of the blue."  But upon reflection, we are both doing an event next week.  I was about to promote the event when she called to talk about it.  I'd call this specific case a coincidence because of the closeness of the event, even though this type of thing happens to me a lot without the obvious connections.

I know this happened to others as well.  We used to say speak of the devil and he will show up.  

Sometimes I will met someone or learn a new concept; afterwards I'll start seeing that person and hearing the concept all the time.  Is that synchronicity or me just being more in tune to the new person and idea and therefore recognizing it.

No it will not likely constitute proof. But I'm not looking for proof. I'm looking for insight.

Isn't interpreting a chart fairly subjective? I mean charts have characteristics that are well defined but two different astrologers reading the same chart will interpret and describe them differently right.

I also suspect your reading of my chart in 2014 will be a little different than the one you did 15 years ago. I'm sure I'll receive it differently--I'm a slightly different person today, we both are.

"Thinking somebody up" is fairly common occurence, Troy.  That's why all of these expressions like "speak of the devil" exist.  So is receiving a phone call from someone you were just thinking about.  That is not to say that these instances  are not psychic .  I think  they are and that everybody has the ability to be psychic. 

Whatever it is that I experience daily is more random and  simultaneous as opposed to a sequence of one thing leading to another.  It also involves words rather than people...  I just find it curious. 

Well, Delano.  I don't know what I want to know about myself.  What comes to mind when I tell you that  I was troubled last week when watching Barbara Walter's farewell show, and while being interviewed, she said the most interesting answers she got from people she had interviewed over the years was when she asked them to describe themselves in one word, and to name the time in their life when they were most happy.  I asked myself these questions and was unable to answer either of them. One of my favorite Shakespearen quotes is "this above all, to thine ownself be true".  I suspect, however, that this for me is a goal, not a practice. And it's like I am engaged in automatic writing as I type all of this...

• Like 1

Cynique, my gut tells me that we do have psychic abilities.  I also know we, as humans, unconsciously make up stories to fill in gaps in our memories, to explain things we don't or refuse to understand, or accept. 

These two things do not have to be mutually exclusive. Sometimes it is just really difficult to differential between physic ability, our own stories, or just plain 'ole coincidences.

Some people don't believe in coincidences at all; believing everything happens for a reason.

Some people believe some don't. Cynique it could be that you are this and that. Let's say your sitting in a bar and you're all dolled up, and your style of conversation is challenging. Would people be able to describe you on one word. If I had one word to describe you it would be opposition.

I have no doubt that esp exists. If I had different experience, I would be uncertain. However I wouldn't say it didn't exist because I hadn't seen evidence of it.

I also think astrology is on the ascendant. And will viewed more seriously by scientist, and the astrologer.

Troy I just realized the reading for you. I'm actually going to use a different chart than your natal. You get to be the beta test.

How many interpretations have you seen that were the same. I believe there is not objectivity. Due to the frame of reference of the viewer. People have biases so viewpoints can't by definition be objective. Your views even shape your perceptions. Feel free to search that topic.

Cynique briefly in the center there is your experiences and emotions. Then there's your public face. And then there us you after the experience. The best way to integrate a new or challenging experience. I'd to see the new you and move forward. Where you cangey stuck. I'd when tiyr action seems out of character with your understanding if you. Expand, don't put new wine in old wine skins. More to come.

Cynique 8 3 5

What makes a place home or how do you know when you have arrived at the place you belong. Some people are trying to find the home that fits; others are trying to find the job that fits. It seems that you can have one, none, but not both.

At several pivotal points in your life you meet your twin. You only have a month or two with the person and circumstance separates you two. It looks like you are the one that gets pulled away, and then you go back to work. It's doesn't mean that you left. It just feels as though your holiday is over and you return to earth. It may take 2 months but the glow wears off and you return to earth. It is at this point that you make the shift from being the vulnerable man. To being the invulnerable woman. At least at work or publicly.

You understand your place in the world is a mixture: male; female; father; mother, Family, Lovers, what others feel. What the masculine admits when with kin. What the feminine feels but never expresses to others, Every so often there is a teacher who can be the friend or the person you know through an association.

This is obvious but I think it means something to you. Two months after you meet the person, they give you a key. It opens a hidden place for the two of you. That shows you what is worthwhile. What heals and rebalance you. What other people say is important, what types of ideas are important.

The Male is boasting hoping that the position or rank will make him feel like a man. The female is trying to live up to society’s idea of motherhood. The selfless maid, but she is feeling more like Lilith.

No it will not likely constitute proof. But I'm not looking for proof. I'm looking for insight.

Isn't interpreting a chart fairly subjective? I mean charts have characteristics that are well defined but two different astrologers reading the same chart will interpret and describe them differently right.

I also suspect your reading of my chart in 2014 will be a little different than the one you did 15 years ago. I'm sure I'll receive it differently--I'm and working as an accountant slightly different person today, we both are.

Troy when I read your chart. I was single living in New York and working as an accountant. Now I'm divorced with two kids living in Sydney, unemployed and sometimes working as a psychic.

Hi Troy - It is becoming increasingly important to make certain that you don't feel agitated. If you are somewhat off balance you will see a ricochet effect. Anyone that you are working with, wife, creative partner, event sponsor, becomes really explosive. It's almost like your feeling are on the outside. This can work both for and against you. ou will find the people you work closely with are developing an affinity with you. You may think that this is a natural thing that happens when people work together. And you would be half right. It doesn't appear that you are able to read them in the same way. Make of this what you will.

It seem you have started a business partnership on ...

Your mind is becoming less rigid. You are starting to look at situations from a more personal versus idea point of view.

There is one really strange thing. You are going to find that you have a link with a person who is your doppelganger. Whereas you actively manage your life, to get results. This person kind of has no plan but apparently does fairly well. You seem to keep telling them their luck will run out, or you think it. And they keep telling you to try your luck. It may take  time but they will do very well. by

Del the differences in you life when you read my chart and my life are almost as profound.  What a difference a few years make.  In many ways I prefer the new life, but my future is, or at least feel less secure.  But even if the future feels less secure it still feels as though I have some modicum of control over it.

------------

Del can you define doppelganger in this context. 

Thank you, Delano, for taking the time to analyze the info I shared with you.  Your feed back was very thought provoking. 

In the meantime, I have been doing some deep soul searching, ever aware of how long I have lived and how at my age, how little time I have left. I  find it interesting that after I mentioned how I was troubled by not being able to describe myself in one word, or to pinpoint a time in my life when I was happiest, that suddenly the anwers to these 2 questions popped into my head.  The one word I'd use to describe myself is "skeptical".  And in all honesty, nothing in my life has ever made me deliriously happy.  Any elation I have experienced can be measured in minutes, and oddly enough such brief euphoria is always inspired by things or events but never people. (The answer to something that eludes me suddenly popping into my head, is how my brain is wired.)   

The only time my feminine side surfaces is when I interact with a male I find appealing.  I am not domestic, nurturing or maternal. When called upon out of necessiity to be these things, I consider it an obligation.   I am also very hypercritical, especially of people who I am expected to be in awe of. I appreciate anybody who is articulate and witty. I am intrigued with irony andn the power of words.   I dislike superficiality and materialism and maudlin sentimentality. I love bargains.  I am at my creative best when I am called upon to improvise. 

I am content living alone in close quarters where everything I need is within arm's reach and this is how I now exist in the cave I have forged out in my daughter's home.  

Finally, I am very aware that nobody gives a damn about hearing all of this about me.    :P    

• Like 1

Verbal selfie. So I was just relaxing doing some calculations. When someone picks three numbers, there are 829,440 possible charts then can choose from per city. So about 80-90% of the time my interpretation is mostly accurate. Which is a bit of a head spinner. However I have read people aged from 20-52. Which is a conservative estimate. So there about 26,542,080 possible combinations. So yeah I'm pretty excited

Oh sorry man, I missed your prompts to comment on the reading, in fact it was not completely clear to me that was the reading.  The week has been particularly busy. 

I think the link with the doppelganger most accurately describes my own internal conflict. I do things that don't necessarily agree with one who is actively managing their life.  But things do seem to work out, though at times is seems pretty precarious.

My mind has certainly become less rigid or rather I'm certainly more willing to entertain different ideas.  But this has been my nature most of my adulthood.  I am however much less tolerant when I become aware that someone is employing faulty logic, deception, hubris, or just plain ignorance.

I actively pursue partnerships all the time.  I will say however lately others are more willing to engage in them.  This week for example I've had dialog with four different entities on partnerships.  The increased willingness to collaborate is more a function of of necessity, survival really...

I'm not sure what to make our the first paragraph it is not very clear to me.