JAMES BROWN MOVIE,MIXED REVIEWS//

NEW MOVIE ABOUT JAMES BROWN  HAS  MIXED REVIEWS.CRITICS   CALL  ACTOR PLAYING  JAMES  BROWN   NOT THAT GOOD.    SOME  LIKE   THE  ACTOR'S   PERFORMANCE...  ACTOR    PRETENDING HE IS  SINGING,NOT  SINGING.BUT  WHO  CAN REALLY SOUND  LIKE   JAMES  BROWN.////////THE  GREAT ACTRESS CICELY TYSON  WAS  ON  THE  OWN CHANNEL  LAST  SUNDAY.DARK  SKIN,TALENTED,AND  INTELLIGENT AND  BEAUTIFUL   CICELY  TYSON..TALKED ABOUT  HER CAREER   AND   BLACK HISTORY...SHE  SAID  A  CHILD  ASKED   HER  WHO  WAS  DR.  MARTIN LUTHER   KING,SHE WAS  AMAZED.SHE  SAID    BLACK  REALITY    IS  A  DEVASTATION////SHE  WAS  WORTH  LISTENING  TO, NOT    A  LOT  OF  BLACK  ENTERTAINERS  ARE.////

I think Eddie Murphy or Jamie Foxx could probably do a decent rendition of James Brown. I bet there are many other talented actors, no one  has heard of that could have done a terrific imitation of James Brown. Bit film was not about finding the best talent, it was like all Hollywood films, about making money.  So we get a bankable actor like, Chadwick Boseman, who has to lip-synched through the film.

Kam's review of the film was, what I'd call uncharacteristically unfavorable.  Overall he said the film as "very Good" but after reading his review I'd probably see Planet of the Apes first (though some racist websites would not make a distinction between those two films).

The other negative thing being held against the film is the fact that there were no Black people involved with crating the film (save the actors).  Screenwriter Gregory Allen Howard, wrote;

"There were several meetings. Eight white men and two white women. Was this a meeting of the Mormon Glee Club? The New White Citizens Council? Perhaps a Klan meeting? No. That meeting was the creative team for the new James Brown movie, "Get On Up." ...Indeed,all the producers, writers, and the director of the James Brown movie are white. No black people were hired until a few weeks before the cameras started rolling, the actors. In fact, several of the people involved in this whitewash are British. The Brits have a fetish for black projects."  Read the rest of his commentary.

We expect too much from Hollywood as far as Black culture is concerned.  Perhaps this expectation is a result failing to recognize we are doing too little for ourselves.

------