What has been your experience with Psychics

Personally speaking, I don't know that I've ever had any experience with bona fide psychics.  I've had Tarot readings. One reader told me I was going to come into some financial gain.   About 10 years later, my older sister died and left me a substantial sum of money.  Another reader told me that she couldn't get a fix on me because my vibes were interfering with her clairvoyance.   She concluded that I was psychic, myself.   

When I play Bridge on line, I am paired up with perfect strangers. If I get a partner that I am in sync with, I can usually read their mind when it comes to what card to play.  I think that cyberspace enables ESP because thought waves are involved.  I sense things from posters I encounter on this board...  Impressions transcend what they write.   

Cynique what have you sensed from me on this board?  Over the years we've been communicating I've gone through a ton of changes, challenges and transitions on so many levels (as perhaps we all have), I'd be curious to read your impressions.

Del feel free to chime in. 

In general I'm open to the ideal of psychics, in fact I think it would be really cool.  But I  have not had an experience with a psychic such that I would say with a high level of confidence that they are indeed psychic. 

I have encountered many people who have, but I have not.  But I also know I don't readily accept the things that most people accept so easily and seemingly without question. 

Well, getting an impression of somebody is not always a sign of being psychic. It can just be an indication of being perceptive.  To me, a true psychic would receive visions about the past and future of a person just by merging with their essence. 

You are a pretty upfront person, Troy, and your ability to articulate your opinions along  with my knowledge of your accomplishments and goals, make getting a fix on you an open book.  :wacko:  Reading between the lines, I feel that you think big but lean toward quality rather than quantity.   You don't strike me as being deceptive but I do sense a little vulnerability beneathe your facade and - a sexual edginess.

Yes what I mean by Psychic too someone that could basically lay out what is going to happen in plainly--not like some Nostradamus-like quatrains which calls for interpretations.

I suspect if there was anyone who could actually see the future they'd be on wall street or some government facility not some side-show attraction.

Yeah I'm pretty much and on the surface kind of guy.  But I'll tell you straight up I'm vulnerable and need help.  It is rough out here in the book world, which is really part of a much bigger cultural war--and I'm on the losing side...

Sexual edginess, do you have access to my web browsing history :wub: 

• 2 weeks later...

Troy I would say you require expert opinion opposed to personal opinion before you change your mind. I also think you have an emotional sensitivity, but you may be a bit impatient and want it to develop quickly or in a direct or linear fashion.

Cynique can you read me as well. I would say psychics get confused with you, because you have a strong masculine and feminine side.

What I pick up from you, Delano, is that you are a passive person actively in pursuit of answers about yourself and the world at large.  You're very honest and laid back. You do not extend yourself  but are responsive to those who reach out to you. You have good instincts about people and are a spiritual as well as an intellectual person.    

I agree that I have a double psyche. I can think like a man as well as a woman.

Sounds like the next Steve Harvey Book, Think Like a Man as Well as a Woman.

Sure I like to hear expert opinions about a subject, Del.  But expert opinions can be completely wrong. I can't think of a single field of study where expert opinions are not diametrically opposed.  

On many subjects, even technical ones, I prefer to hear the opinions of older people, people who have experienced life and witnessed a few things.  For example, I often find it very frustrating to hear the "expert" opinion of some 30 year old Black person on how great social media is for society; a person who has no real concept of what life was like before social media, or life before the Internet for that matter.

I'm not sure what you mean by, "...emotional sensitivity, but you may be a bit impatient and want it to develop quickly or in a direct or linear fashion."  If you could elaborate on that, that would be cool.

• 3 weeks later...

Cynique you are correct. I tend to hang back and see where people are. I don't challenge the person. But I will torture the idea.

Troy what does emotional sensitivity mean to you. I'm not impatient, but I like clarity. For instance it used to annoy when people use science without understanding the science. However lately I'm feeling more lovely. So I'm not as interested in verbal or mental combat.