VICTOR WHITE MURDERED,WHITE POLICE//

VICTOR WHITE     WAS   SEARCHED,ARRESTED,HANDCUFFED,SITTING IN  POLICE CAR//VICTOR WHITE    SOME HOW  GOT  OUT  HIS HANDCUFFS,  PRODUCED   A  GUN,   AND KILLED  HIMSELF,  ACCORDING TO  WHITE POLICE  IN LOUISIANA./ANOTHER   BLACK  MALE,   MURDERED  BY  WHITE  POLICE..WHITE POLICE  IN  FLORIDA WAS   FIRED   FOR  BEING A  KU KLUX KLAN MEMBER,  THE  FIRED  KLAN  POLICE  SAID,THEY  KNEW    HE  WAS   A  KLAN  MEMBER,HE  SAYS  MORE WHITE POLICE  ARE  KLAN MEMBERS......../WHITE POLICE   HAVE  ALWAYS  BEEN  PROUD  KLAN MEMBERS.///

Was pulled over for speeding in Statesboro GA, the gnat capital of the world, earlier this Summer.  I was not driving recklessly or unsafe for the conditions; broad daylight, empty road.  I was not drunk, nor endangering anyone.  I was given a $725 dollar ticket!

Sure I was "wrong."  I was driving faster than the posted speed limit.  But $725 bucks!  That is just crazy.

No, I was not shot, nor handcuffed, or even touched.  The two white male officers on the scene were not rude, just stoic and clearly uncaring, but the punishment was WAY beyond the crime.  I felt assaulted and that fine though not a big deal to some forced me to change my plans for attending a book event.

Was my race a factor in being stopped? Who knows, but I can help but suspect it was. 

Would I have been treated differently were I white?  I believe I would have been.

Do I believe these officers could have been members of the Klan, sure.  Do I believe they have racists in their families?  Given the location--absolutely. 

I have been pulled over by troopers more times than I can remember.  Being pulled over for doing absolutely nothing wrong is quite common.  Po-Po profiling Black men is a reality.  If I, or any Black man, is busted in the wrong -- they throw the book at us.  Three strike laws were not meant for white boys.

Besides aggravation, we have increased insurance rates, points, and of course the financial burden of fines.

But on paper I just look like some guy who was speeding and got what he deserved.  While all the other speeders driving along, anonymously, enjoying benefits and privilege the skin color affords them.

Now I'm a presentable, educated, articulate, law abiding citizen.  If I constantly get the treated with the firmest hand of the law with each encounter what do you thing a young man with sagging mans, and an attitude will get?

The same treatment is evident in our school systems and corporate environments.

We live in a racist society, and the racists are usually not card carrying members of the Klan, Harry.

Interesting observations, Troy.  Just last night, a variation of driving while black was dumped at my doorstep.  I hav 8 grandchildren and they come in all varieties, each one different.  Not surprsinsg there's a black sheep.  He is 23, a charming babe magnet, and chronic neer-do-well. Last night while driving drunk, he plowed into the back of another car at a stop sign, and then left the scene.  Police caught up with him and he was hauled in by 2 white cops on the force of an upscale predominately white suburb. He chose me as the person to use his phone call on.  I was too disgusted to be of any help and turned the situation over to his father. Anyhow, to make a long story short, because this con man had enough sense to chill out, he took on a contrite persona, polite, and apologetic and cooperative  The cops were quick to mention this to his father when telling him that bond would be 100 dollars if paid before the next morning at which time he would be taken down to the notorious Cook County jail in Chicago, where, incidentally, his sister works as an assistant deputy sheriff.  Because everybody is sick of this grandson's ongoing irresponsible antics and thought that he needed to be taught a lesson,  no one felt the need to come up with the money.  I consider a hit and run DIU a serious offense but apparently the cops, were moved by my grandson's sob story about not being the same since the death of his beloved mother 2 years ago, and they decided to let him go on an I-bond.  Go figure.  I don't know how all of this will end up but I have a feeling the cops let him go because they wanted him out of their hair . 

I guarantee, if that happened in Statesboro, GA, it would be a completely different story.

Was the person he hit Black or white?  Was the neighborhood poor or middle class?

Black guy hits a Black person in a poor neighborhood--no problem.  Beside reporting crimes makes the numbers look bad, and who wants to deal with all the paper work to record the antics of a bunch of monkeys.

Black guy hits a white person in an upscale neighborhood, that he does not live in, it would be a different story.

Having a family member on the job always helps.

Sorry to hear about your daughter(in-law).  Losing a mother is not easy for a young man, but hitting someone while driving drunk is a very serious offense.  Most of my buddies, who have loss the privilege to drive, lost it for that reason. One cat I know was locked for close to a year.  You wanna make sure it is not a behavior that gets repeated.

I swore I would never speed again (at least not in the state of GA).

Never, ever run from the cops, or otherwise resist arrest (even if you know you are right) that is usually when bad shit happens--especially to us.

The driver of the car my grandson hit was a middle-aged white women, and it happened in an upscale predominately white suburb of Chicago.   Like I said, I think the cops wanted him off their hands so there wouldn't any trouble that could be attributed to race. His half sister in the Sheriff's department distances herself from him.  My grandson's mother was my son's "baby mama" who I wasn't around that much...