WHITE LESBIANS,BLACK MAN'S SPERM/

ON THE NEWS,   WHITE  LESBIAN  COUPLE   GOES TO SPERM  BANK,ASKED FOR A  WHITE  MAN'S SPERM...THE ONE  WHO   BECAME PREGNANT,GAVE  BIRTH TO  A  BIRACIAL   CHILD, BECAUSE   INSTEAD OF A WHITE MAN SPERM,THEY  RECEIVED A BLACK MAN  SPERM..THE   LESBIAN  COUPLE  PLAN TO   SUE  SPERM BANK/AMAZING..BLACK  MAN IN TEXAS  HAS EBOLA,,.HE  CAME BACK  FROM AFRICA  WITH  EBOLA..AM I THE  ONLY  PERSON   ,DO NOT  BELIEVE EBOLA  JUST  APPEARED  FROM NO  WHERE.///

No Harry you are not the only one who does not believe that Ebola "just popped up" out of nowhere.  It would be very hard to overestimate the evil that humanity is capable of.

As far as the lesbian couple not getting the type of child they wanted.  Honestly it is hard for me to be sympathetic to their situation on so many levels.  At the end of day what you get when you have a child is always a crap shoot.  They should be happy the child is healthy--that is what actual loving parents hope for during the miracle bringing forth a child.

Would they have sued the sperm bank if the child came out retarded (mentally challenged in today's lingo) or missing a limb or two?  Then again, the hate of racists knows no bounds.  They probably would have preferred a mentally retarded, deformed kid, as long as it was white.

I. personally think the lesbians have every right to sue the sperm bank company.  There was no excuse for the careless mistake they made.  And this mistake certainly sentenced an innocent child to a complicated life that is will be compounded by having lesbians for parents.  The same sex couple deserves financial compensation which will help in raising the child they claim to adore and have every intention of keeping in spite of the negative response from certain family members.

• Like 1

This child's life was complicated from jump street.  She is the offspring of some anonymous sperm donor and being raised by two mothers.  Now the child is the focus of a media circus initiated by her parents.

Sure the parents have every right to sue; this is still America.  But even if they got the sperm of the blond-haired, blue-eyed, donor they wanted, there are still no guarantees  Recall the case of the white South African couple who gave birth to a Black daughter (immortalized in the film Skin).

Yeah the sperm bank f'ed, but mistakes happen, and unfortunately, for the child, this is one they all have to live with.

This child will go her entire life knowing, with certainty, that her parents did not really want her, but actually wanted the pure white child they purchased.  No amount of money will ever change that fact.

Well, one of the Lesbian couple was impregnated with the anonymous sperm so the child is actually hers because she gave birth to it.  So it's not a given that this child will grow up knowing that her parents didn't really want her.There's no reason to believe that she will not grow up in a loving atmosphere.   And money can enable the parents to distance themselves from the circumstances that are negative.  Bottom line: none of this would've happened if the sperm bank had done what it was paid to do.  They need to pay up.

Cynique, two things; (1) I don't think money will solve the problems this family will face.  Money rarely solves problems dealing with personalities, indeed money tends to make those types of problems worse; (2) I doubt a loving atmosphere begins with the premise, "this is not the baby I brought."

I have not followed this story at all.  What little I know about it is second hand, hearing others talk about it.  I have no incentive to research the story to obtain a better context, so this may be one reason I'm not very sympathetic to the couple plight--I don't know the whole story.

Again you get no argument from me regarding the bank screwing up the sperm.  

I know of at least two lesbian couples who purchased the sperm of a blond, tall Dr.  The children of one couple are doing very well both (twin boys) are very smart, in ivy league schools and are over 6 ft tall

You see Cynique part of what is not being said (or what I'm not hearing) is that the couple is gonna end up with a human that is far less desirable than the smart, tall, blond-haired-blue-eye, white male, the gold standard of humanity, they purchased. 

Also, has anyone considered that some people are simply not meant to have children, or Is too politically incorrect?  What is wrong with adoption?

What you keep glossing over, Troy,  is that the child is the biological offspring of one of the lesbians. So it's her flesh and blood.     And who says she wanted a blond blue-eyed baby if she, herself, doesn't possess these traits that millions of Caucasians don't have??? After all,  a bi-racial man is president of America and there are a lot of bi-racial individuals who are enjoying much success in this country where Hispanics will soon be the majority, not mention all the successful, tall brown-eyed millionaire basketball players who didn't attend Harvard. Or do I necessarily agree that money won't alleviate this lesbian's situation. It can be used to move away from  a hostile environment as well as being put  in trust for the kid's education.   

People who say money doesn't buy happiness are speaking for themselves. An observation that has been attributed to several different people goes: "I've been rich, and I've been poor, and rich is better."  Money can solve a multitude of problems and dilemmas. Do you want to be poor? Or do you want Google and FaceBook to stop interfering with your livlihood? ;)  

Nobody comes into this world with a guarantee that they will lead a well-adjusted happy life."The same fire that melts wax, makes steel hard."  Just depends on your innate core personality. 

I see no reason for this lesbian to adopt a baby if she wants to have child of her own.  She went through a procedure and now she has one.  If she can capitalize on the inefficiency of a large company, then so be it.  She'll have her own baby and a financial windfall to help in raising it. 

Maybe I'm glossed over the biological connection because it does not seem be to enough to make them happy with this child.

This situation reminds me of the proverbial read-headed step child.  Back in the day everybody knew the deal and may not have liked it, but they kept their mouths shut because the knew what was best for the child, the family.  These ladies should have just dealt with the situation without making a spectacle of their kid.

OK, maybe they did not want a blue-eyed, blood-haired kid (I wrote that to emphasize my point), but they clearly did not want the one kid they got.  Cynique, do you agree with me on that point?

Basically, if sounds like you are saying that they will love the kid no matter what and that the sperm bank needs to pay them cash for making the mistake and that the extra money will make that family's life better, happier.

As far as money bringing happiness I've been rich and poor myself.  My level of happiness depends on so many factors, of which money is just one.

Financially secure and even wealthy people kill themselves everyday.  Would a few extra million have saved Robin Williams?  I've seen people leave prison with nothing, who are very happy.  

How do you know these parents are not happy with this child? They could've given her up for adopdion but they didn't. And pictures of the little girl show her to be an adorable smiling fair-skinned biracial child. (For all we know, this might be a test case to shore up the artifical insemination industry or a court case to set a precedent in case it happens again.)

Nowadays nobody gets uptight about the paternity of children because women  don't seem to have a problem having babies out of wedlock, and these circumstanes do not necessarily prevent such children from being raised in a loving home.   

And, of course, poor people and financially insecure people kill themselves everyday, too.  BTW, Robin Williams was financially strapped from all the alimony he owed a couple of his ex-wives.  Intimates said about him that the fear of going broke contributed to his depression, especially after his TV show was cancelled. 

And, yes, I am saying that getting a financial settlement will make things easier for this family, and for any other family who is not rich.  I concede that money can't buy happiness but I really believe that the average person would rather be unhappy with money than unhappy without it.

The couple's behavior demonstrates their dissatisfaction with the child.

Clearly they wanted a pure white baby, they did not get it and they are suing as a result.  Do I not have these fact straight?  What am I missing?

I too believe the average person would be happier with money than without it.  But there are studies which say once you have certain needs met, extra money brings incrementally less happiness.  Someone impoverished getting enough money to make them middle class will gain much more happiness than, a multimillionaire who gains another million in wealth.  

I don't think these women will obtain a life changing increase in wealth as a result of the case, and any increase in family happiness will likely be small and temporary.

I did not know that Williams feared being poor, all I heard was that he was a drug abuser and had mental problems.  Then again, how do we know anything that we hear about celebrities is true?  What I know about people covered in the media is often spin, speculation or outright lies.

I also remember reading that people who are better off financially kill themselves at a higher rate than poorer people.  

The couple's behavior could indicate that they are dissatisfied with the carelessness of the sperm bank and, on a matter of principle, want to teach them a lesson.  And why wouldn't they request a baby who was the same race as they are?  That's not a sign that they are malicious people who are going to withhold love from an innocent child. What they got was a bi-racial child who is the flesh and blood of its biological mother. So they got half of what they expected.  They are apparently making the most of the situation and this includes taking advantage of an opportunity for financial gain.  Who's to say that they won't wisely invest any settlement they receive and be fixed for life.

I can find more unfortunate children to worry about than this child. It's not like the world isn't full of babies born into challenging circumstances. Implicit in any unplanned pregnancy is the idea that the baby wasn't wanted. But life goes on. I, like many people,  was a change-of-life baby that my struggling parents weren't that thrilled to be having.  As I got older, and learned this, I found it funny, and me and my mother used to laugh about it. My siblings had a different take.  They always accused me of being the favorite because I was the baby of the family. Who knows how convoluted situations will work themselves out. 

Happiness is fleeting.  Leading a comfortable life contributes a person's well being.  Money is what makes this attainable.  Not wealth, but money.  I question whether rich people killing themselves more than poor peole has anything to do with them regretting that they are rich. Whether money  makes people happy has nothing to do with them wanting to accumulate it. Money is equated with the security it provides.

As for Robin Williams his current drug of choice was alchohol.  He was also in the early stages of Parkinson's disease.   

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

A couple of. Hypothetical questions. What about a married couple and one partner fheata resulting in a mix race baby. Should the cheated on partner stay and be happy if they were trying to conceive anyway. imagine a black couple living in the hood and they end up with a biracial baby. When they wanted to use the husband's seed and implant it into the wife.

There are no right or wrong answers to your questions, Delano.  It's up to the couple involved as to whether the cheated on spouse is willing to forgive and raise a child that is not theirs. Keep in mind, that bi-racial children don't always come out looking white.  It depends on the coloring of the black spouse. And it's not as if there aren't  light-skinned people living in the hood.  Hair is a dominating factor.  if you got nappy hair, "you is one of us" and are just referred to as "mixed" or a red-bone, something that may elevate your status.  And don't overlook the fact that most people in the hood are not married to their baby daddy or baby mama, so ethical dilemmas ain't that big a deal.   

• Like 1