BLACK PEOPLE , BRAIN WASHED//

FORMER   BASKETBALL  PLAYER  CHARLES  BARKLEY,  SAYS  BLACK  PEOPLE   ARE   BEING BRAIN WASHED/HE SAYS  SOME  BLACK PEOPLE  THINK  ITS  BEST   TO  ACT  LIKE   THUGS  AND  IDIOTS,  THAN  TO  BE  SCHOOL   EDUCATED,AND NOT  BE CRIMINALS///HE  SAYS    IF   BLACK  PEOPLE  ARE  EDUCATED     AND  SPEAK     WELL, SOME   BLACK   PEOPLE  THINK   THEY   ARE   NOT  BLACK  ENOUGH,I AGREE,,MY OPINION/RAP  MUSIC,    GLAMOURIZES     COMMUNITY  SELF  DESTRUCTION,   GANGS,  PIMPS, PROSTITUTION,DRUGS///BLACK CHURCH,    PREACHERS  ARE NOT    LIKE DR.  MARTIN  LUTHER KING,,THEY   RATHER  BE  TELEVISED,   MOTIVATED  BY   GREED,  MONEY,  LUSTING FOR WOMEN/THERE  IS A  NEW  SHOW  CALLED   BLACKISH      I   HAVE  NOT SEEN,  JUST  THE   COMMERCIAL////THEN  THERE'S THE  BLACK  MEDIA,TV SHOWS,    TYLER   PERRY//IYANLA VAN ZANT   , SHOWING A BLACK MAN  WITH  34   CHILDREN   NOT  CARING  FOR  ANY////CHARLES   BARKLEY  SAYS   BLACK  PEOPLE  HOLD  BACK OTHER  BLACK  PEOPLE,STOPS BLACK SUCCESS///WE    CONFINE  AND   DETAIN   OURSELVES,AMIDST    THE   WHITE MAN     SCHEMES   ,PLOTS  TO      CONFINE  AND  DETAIN   US./////HAS  ANYONE  SEEN  THE   NEW  SHOW  CALLED BLACKISH, I  REMEMBER TYLER  PERRY,  MEET THE  BROWN'S/////.ON OPRAH WINFREY'S  CHANNEL ,OWN CHANNEL,  I  SAW         THE GREAT     CICELY  TYSON,  TALKING ABOUT HER LIFE//DONT KNOW  IF   ITS  ON  YOUTUBE//////SHE  IS  INTERESTING,  GREAT  AND  TALENTED.////

• Like 1

That big-mouthed buffoon, Charles Barkely,  who'd be workin on a garbage truck were he not an overgrown freak who could play basketball, needs to shut up.  Black people already know what the problem is with their race, and we don't need self-apponted spokesmen like him and that candidate for dementia, Bill Cosby, lecturing to their fellow Blacks.  These lucky millionaires with their shady personal lives do nothing but provide sound bytes for right-wing conservatives like those twits over at Faux news, who are the problem not the solution for Blacks like Dr. Ben Carson who they've brainwashed into thinking he's something other than a lawn jockey.   

I've watched one episode of Blackish and found it mildly funny.  But I got the impression that if you see one episode you'll see them all because it's a one joke sit-com based on the ongoing premise that upscale blacks are conflicted when it comes to maintaining their roots.  So what else is new? 

Time and time again, harry brown, you compare today's hypocritical preachers to MLK as if he was above reproach.  The thing that made Dr. King so outstanding was not that he was perfect but that as a flawed womanizer who drank Scotch and smoked Salem cigarettes, he was not egocentric or motivated by greed. He was a servant to his people and one of his goals was to prick the consciences of racist white people, something he was not totally successful at. He was not a saint but is now a martyr, revered not for his virtue but for being courageous and brilliant.

Yes, actress Cicely Tyson has led an interesting life that has run the gamut from award-winning to ass-whippin at the hands of that cruel genius, Miles Davis.

• Like 1

All people are brainwashed. You still have Aryan ideal of blonde hair blues being the gold standard of beauty.

He was also bisexual. When I said this to a white woman she said why was I dragging his name through the mud. I felt it added to him because it showed he was human and a humanitarian. There's a scene in Malcolm X. Where the feds are listening to a wiretap of Malcolm X, they say he's a saint compared to King.

• Like 1