BILL COSBY/SEX ADDICT,RAPIST/

Brain Williams--Lynched, The Frat boys chanting nigger--Lynched. Jimmy The Greek--Lynched.  There is no shortage of white people being lynched.

But since I'm an advocate for Black people those are the cases I tend to bring up.  The other problem is white folks don't always get lynched (Woodie Allen), Black always get lynched when the opportunity exists (indeed they can even manufacture a reason if necessary). 

I'm not suggesting anyone should be lynched.  But I do find it very problematic when other Black people (including myself at times), fall for the media driven okie doke and lynch our own as we are manipulated into doing.

Why don't we start lynching some people, like Woodie Allen.  We don't because we simply don't have the power to do it.

Why don't we STOP the lynching of Brothers like the Central Park Five?  Again, the same is the same we don;t have the power.

The Central Park five are now looking at a multimillion dollar settlement due largely in part to the effort of Ken Burns and his Daughter. Black folks have been fighting since day one, but I believe the Burn's family, film and book helped make the difference.

I too have much more sympathy for the young defenseless Brothers, than I do for someone of Cosby's magnitude.  I feel differently because Bill Cosby has lived a long and fantastically successful life (serial adultery aside), countless young Brothers lynched by the police, the media, and even our own people, never had, or will get a chance, at a descent life.  It is very sad...

OJ will be very fortunate if he gets out of prison alive.

Have not watched the video. He is an alledged serial racist and potentially a hypocrite of tragic proportion. This is a badly kept secret. Some rumours are founded. The antidote for brain washing is thinking for yourself. Or just moving beyond Bill Cosby is rich good and Black. Bill Cosby Rich Black Arrogant manipulative rapist. Maybe he isn't two dimensional. I was looking at his chart. And he comes off as a bit complicated. He may feel he has helped these women and has done nothing wrong. I feel Bill Cosby is a sociopath. Yet he is not aware of this. The same way Stephen Jobs was a sociopath. However we give sociopaths if they make us smile or feel like we are part of a community.

• Like 1

We can certainly agree that Bill is not two dimensional, indeed no one is.  I'm not a psychologist (although the Dr. McIntosh arguing for Bill Cosby being lynched is) so I won't attempt to diagnose him.  Del you say Bill may have felt like he did nothing wrong.  I no idea what Bill's feelings are on behavior that he allegedly engaged, I'm not sure how you would know either.  

I won't even assume I know which characteristics of Bill's personality he is aware of, but given his advanced age I suspect he is more self aware that most.  

You describe Bill as a sociopath.  There are degrees to everything. I think sociopathy has degrees as well.  It is not like you are a sociopath or you are not.  Perhaps Bill has some degree of sociopathy?  I don't know.  People accuse him of not caring what his wife may have been feeling, but I'm not privy to the nature of there relationship.

I don't think a sociopath would bother producing a film like the one below:

A sociopath would not produce the Cosby Show, or Fat Albert and the Cosby Kids.  I not sure if you are aware of all material and meaningful things Bill did for Black people.  Hummm maybe you are and don't care.

Let me ask this question.  What specifically did Bill Cosby actually do that you think is worthy of the blitz of negative media?  NBC and Netflix have both canned projects with Cosby that I'm sure would have been much more positive for Black people than the programing we have now, like Empire.  Bill has resigned from the Temple's board; other colleges, like Spelman have ended their relationships with him.  Even the U.S. Navy, a bastion for rape, has revoked an honorary title they gave Bill.  Who knows how many appearances that have been canceled?  All of this based solely on accusations?!

Since when has a white woman ever had to be afraid to accuse a Black man of rape?  There have been many Black men strung up for having consensual sex with white women.  There have been many Black men sent to jail and killed for white women simply making the accusation.

Under Hitler the Volkswagen was created. The people's car and it doesn't have a radiator. Hitler transformed Germany from a broken.nation to.greatness. they almost ruled the world. So doea his acheivements make him less of a sociopath. Hitler was a vegetarian, which does not male jm a sociopath. The whole point of sociopaths is that they are charming. You may be confusing sociopaths with psychopaths. Is he a doctor or does he have a doctorate. Actually I can't folks some of his reasoning. So have degreea or not doesn't make a bit of difference.

• Like 1

Troy he has made a joke about drugging women and also appeared on Larry King and said this was a boyhood fantasy. And he has never distances himself from it. He laughs about it, he never says it is/was inappropriate. I have brought this issue up several times. You will not respond because the position is indefensible.

• Like 1

I'm not a psychiatrist so I won't debate the meanings of the technical terms.  It is unfortunate you dismiss people's academic credentials so easily.  I actually got a taste of that when you dismissed my engineering degree when talking about sampling rates.

Dr. Mcintosh is a psychiatrist, but obviously, as you wrote, these credentials don't make a difference to you.

I did not address Cosby's joke directly because it was a joke.  No one reasonable, would hold up a joke as proof that Cosby is some as serious as a serial rapist.

Again I as you Del, what specifically did Bill Cosby actually do that you think is worthy of the blitz of negative media? But more importantly what else, in your opinion, should we do to Bill Cosby that would satisfy you?

Should we get a rope and drag him from the back of a pick up, or sting him up from a tree?  What?

I thought the question you raised for April Ryan were quite good.

Try some thinking. After that we can move to critical thinking. I didn't dis your engineering degree. Studying engineering doesn't make you qualified to study statistics. Granted you have done more mathematics courses than I have. However statistics is my hobby. At one point I was working for Shearson Lehman. I was having a chat with the head of quantitative research. He published a book that had a quantitative model for the stock market. I can't remember but I think it may have had 4-10 variables. I said to him there is only one variable driving the model he said yes. My criticism was that you had made statements that using statistics that were wrong. You said you would have to do a million trials. Actually you would only have to do 100 for it to be a large enough sample. I also said that I had checked two statistics books I had in my library. My criticism was that you were making up numbers and saying it was an example of a statistical test. I had to look it up. However I knew your scale was off. I actually tutored statistics in Uni and did some freelance statistical work.

Dr Mackintosh said that Jon Henrik Clarke was the best psychiatrist he ever met. Clark studied sociology. Can you explain how study societies and social interaction makes you a medical doctor. If he said psychology I wouldn't argue it. There is a difference between psychology and sociology. So I question him because that is a poorly crafted argument from someone who should know better.

So if he made a joke about being a pedophile and there were 20+ allegations of him beings pedophile. Would you still defend him.

I actually would have liked to use a softer tone. But your arguments are nonsensible at least to me. I think you may be projecting you degree snobbery on to me. I judge a thought by the logic and internal consistency of the argument. Not whether a person has letters after their name. Which is why I value knowledge not degrees.

What should we do with Bill Cosby. I have no opionion. Which means there is no we. I believe he is guilty but I don't know it. I can not prove it because all the testimony is here say to me. I should correct an earlier statement. The number if allegations is not proof of their validity. However it does cause reasonable doubt to me. I have no answer. I would prefer if he was telling the truth. If one woman is telling the truth it is a tragedy. And if half are telling the truth it is a tragedy of epic proportions. When it comes to rape I am not going to discredit victims. Although I question Beverly Johnson emotional balance, but I can't say that makes her a liar. It's a question I wouldn't want to know the answer, unless justice is assured.

Astrologicaly I looked at his chart. He looked guilty, however I am not certain he realises what he did was wrong. It's like when he wanted to buy the Little Rascal episodes and never show them. Well that is censorship. I get a bit concerned about people when people say I know what's best for large groups of people. I thought it was a terrible idea. What if rich racist decided to destroy all the jazz music made by non whites. So I thought his statement was grossly irresponsible and arrogant. I think he was a billionaire at that point. I would suggest watching Mother Juggs and Speed. He wasn't Doctor William Cosby in that flick.

• Like 1

I think you're overreacting, Troy.  The  media has moved on. Cosby is yesterday's news. The only mention he gets is when he's the butt of  jokes by late night talk show hosts. They do the same thing to Bill Clinton.  All celebrities are fair game to them.    

If another Cosby accuser pops up, this is duly reported and whether she is lying or not, if the media reports that there is a new accusation, it is telling the truth.  What the media reports is not always a lie.  What do you suggest the black community do to sanitize Bill Cosby's lapses in good judgment? Should it tar and feather Beverly Johnson for revealing what he did to her? 

The black public has all it can handle with trying to blindly support Barak Obama who the media correctly reports is the victim of Republican obstructionism   

Bill Cosby has all the financial resources at his command to legally defend himself.  He used his money and power in the past to craft and canonize his image; now let him use it to prove that he has been infairly villainized.   

• 3 years later...

Bill Cosby is now a convicted felon.  Up next Harvey Weinstein on deck Tom Brokaw.

Seriously, does anyone thing any of these rich white does will feel the weight of the criminal justice system?  You will the system used the "Just-Us" system as always.

• 1 year later...

What a strange interview. That was not Vlad speaking off camera. Sounded crazy and said crazy things calling Bill a necrophiliac.  

John Amos was always a class act. I bet he regretted sitting for that interview.

All Vlad "the impaler" does is start friction between AfroAmericans.

This  Russian/Caucasian agent  loves to take negroes and sit them down infront of his camera so they can sing like a canary.
He knows that other celebrities will see the interview, get upset, and feel forced to respond and now you got beef and conflict going.

Why so many AfroAmericans can't easily see this is beyond me.
....unless the low IQ stereotype is true.

Yeah i still can't see what John Amos got out of the interview. Yeah I heard Vlad was Russian. I thought he was Black but that was because that was all he interviewed I thought surely only a Bkack man could secure so many celebrity Black interviewees.

Vlad has a billion more views than the Breakfast Club and does not have a radio station in the country's largest market to promote his videos.