KWANZAA,IS BLACK UNITY POSSIBLE/

IS BLACK UNITY POSSIBLE,I  SAY NO/BLACK LEADERS    CANNOT BE TRUSTED, BLACK  CHURCHES    AND POLITICIANS   CONTROLLED  BY  WHITE SUPREMACY  DEMONS AND SERPENTS/BLACK ON BLACK  VIOLENCE...BLACK ELDERS  DO  NOT  HAVE RESPECT   FOR  BLACK   HISTORY  SACRIFICERS,LIKE  THE  BLACK REPUBLICANS LED  BY  DR. BEN CARSON/////PRINCIPLE  IMANI-FAITH,BELIEVE IN OUR PEOPLE,HAVE  RESPECT FOR THE VICTORY OF OUR STRUGGLE,THAT-S THE  FIRST   PRINCIPLE  THAT  CANNOT HAPPEN,BLACK PEOPLE ARE  SPIRITUALLY ENSLAVED....NIA-PURPOSE,BRING BACK GREATNESS,NO/.BLACK ON BLACK VIOLENCE,,ELDERS HAVE FORGOTTEN  BLACK HISTORY,UJAMAA,COOPERATIVE ECONOMICS, THIS  WOULD REQIURE , BLACK  UNITY,NO/////WE   ENSLAVE  OURSELVES  AND  COMMUNITIES,CHURCH   IS ENSLAVED...////DR.  CARSON   OFTEN YAPS   BLACK PEOPLE    SEEM WORSE  WITH  A  BLACK PRESIDENT,./I  THINK  DR. CARSON  OWNS  C-SPAN NETWORK      EVERY WEEK  HE  SEEMS TO BE OWN THERE,HATING THE  PRESIDENT,  HATING  THE BLACK POOR,,DONT  KNOW WHO  IS WORSE DR. CARSON,OR    FORMER  NBA    PLAYER   CHARLES BARKLEY   WHO SUPPORTS  RACIAL PROFILING BLACK MALES.//////

I understand Harry's statements.  Indeed, I often consider the time I invest working for Black unity.  My rational side tells me it is a fool's errand, a waste of time.  My emotional side tells me I have no choice but to fight for unity, so I fight.

The issues surrounding the lack of Black unity never became so obvious until I became a full-time entrepreneur. 

Linda!  Where you been?  Missed you. What I don't understand in your reply is why you would agree with Harry so strongly on Barkley and Carson, but disagree with the rest of his points.   We, for example, have gained thousands more Black politicians since the civil rights era, but as a people, one could easily argue we have lost ground. 

I completely understand why there are so few Black owned businesses today-- we done integrated ourselves out of business.

No Del, we don't have a country. We do however have a continent, and as the name implies, it is Africa.   Countries are artificial boundaries created, usually by Europeans, without regard to the cultures of the people already there.

Hi Li-Li. good to hear from you! 

"Unity" is an abstract concept just like democracy and freedom and - even race. They are all theories that reality dissipates. What would be required to unify African Americans?  For all of us to share common goals and work together to achieve them?  As usual, we are expected  to conform to demands that Whites are excused from.  White people aren't unified but this doesn't hamper them.  Other ethnicities in this country get ahead not because they are united but because they are independent and ambitious. Blacks achieve as individuals but the worst among us drags us down and the lack of jobs and education bring out the worst in us.

Unless something is done to rein in the element among the Millenials who, because they have no respect for life or authority are killing each other off, the black race will continue to be mired in problems. Unity begins with the family unit which should be a matrix to prepare children to opt for the best life has to offer. But the black family, like the black race, is fractured. Unity would spawn the control that stems from groups organized to demand better schools, a key in upifting the race. When such power is acquired, however, corruption comes with it and diverts the funds that never trickle down to those who it need it most.

I'm motivated to make all these observations because of what is happening in the typical urban environment of Chicago where not a week goes by when a young black person isn't senselessly murdered by other young blacks who'd just as soon kill someone as to look at them.  During the holidays, marauding crowds of aimless black youngsters have caused mini riots in shopping malls and at Navy Pier, Chicago's Lake front entertainment complex. The black school superintendant earns an exorbitant salary and the public schools remain in dismal shape. The black aldermen and other politically-connected leaders are prominent among those constantly being exposed for using taxpayers money to feather their nests and finance their lavish lifestyles while doing little to serve their constituencies. And, of course, the tension between cops and Blacks is an ongoing situation, pitting irrational, unarmed perpetrators against panic-stricken, trigger-happy cops.  

Closer to home, I am totally dismayed by the things that my 23-year-old grandson who is my "street" contact, tells me about the kind of demeaning behavior young black inner city girls are engaging in, aided and abetted by FaceBook. They all seem to be desperate, loved-starved "thots".  And too many of  the dudes are fatalistic, adopting an "if I die, I die" attitude when it comes to the street violence. Saddest of all is that the ghetto sub-cuture of teen-age pregnancy and gang warfare perpetuates itself and this complicates things.  I hate all those conservative black Republicans saying what their white counterparts want to hear, but I just wish black youngsters wouldn't make it so hard for me to defend them. 

As for black people seeking to get a piece of the pie via entrpreneurship and business, lotsa luck in this capitalistic country, controlled by the monopolistic fraternity of white corporate America.  The rich are not interested in spreading the wealth unless it's to bribe senators and congressmen.

I wish I could be optimistic. Black unity? As the year 2015 looms ahead, I will turn this hope over to the multitudes of religious black folk.  Pray for it.  Nothing else seems to help. Maybe Jesus will take pity of the most faithful among his diversified following and perform a miracle.

• Like 1

Thanks Del.  I would be inclined to agree with you if "readers/thinkers" were a larger part of our community, or if this community were prominent enough to impact the larger community more significantly.  

I've already written how little acknowledgement I get from Black media.  I have also written how similar efforts in the white community are elevated and promoted. What we as Black people value and praise does not serve us very well.  We simply do not strive for unity.  We talk a good game, but our collective behavior says otherwise.  Of course there are great exceptions, but in general this is the case.

Cynique I would suggest that unity is not abstract, it is a concrete reality.  I can give countless examples of where unity comes into play.  Whether it is the Irish in the NYC police department or Jews in the NYC board of education, different groups have come to dominate certain areas.  This domination accrues benefits to those groups and disadvantages to those not in those groups.

Black folks do not dominate or control anything.

Every corporate job I have even obtained was due to the largess of a white person.  The few Black folks in a position to hire anyone are concerned about holding on to their own jobs to benefit any other Black people.  Again any exceptions are too few to matter.

The only hope I see, when I'm discouraged, is when I get support from someone, a kind word, a check, or a volunteer effort.  This type of support always from an individual is that gives me hope for the future, not a church or a politician.

Harlem literally has a church, or two, or three, on every block.  Black folks have lost Harlem, but the reality is that we never owned it in the first place.  The churches and politicians (we have had a Black congressman for at least 50 years) made little difference.  

If there was unity, Delano, neighborhood watches wouldn't be necessary.  Criminals and community activists are opposing black forces. What do self love and economics have to do with unity?  The self-love that motivates black people to indulge their tastes for the bling, which is not manufactured or sold by black companies, does not promote unity. And the interesting thing about those who come to this site is that they are not always united in their thinking. There is frequently debate. Like now; you and I obviously don't agree on the definition of unity.  To me, unity means a coming together as a body of one to bring about a desired goal. What does it mean to you?   

• Like 1

Yes, Troy, I got a little carried away with relegating "unity" to a never-never-land domaine because I was too focused on how elusive black unity is. White ethnicities can benefit from unity, but  the white race doesn't need it to maintain their stability or dominance. 

Unity is, indeed,  a very strong dynamic for any group because there is strength in numbers. The road block to unity is the ego.  It's no small task trying to get aggressive ambitious individuals to join the team and put aside their personal goals for the greater good.  Race is a burden to black people and unity ends up being a case of misery loving company.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

"It will be difficult without a historical culture. African Americans are the only hyphenated Americans without a country."

That's not true. They do have country -it's called the United States. Black Americans have been involved in the defense, creation and development of this country since it's inception. Yes, I know there bitter Negroes who consider themselves something else other than citizens of this country. Such thinking is flawed, stupid and disrespectful for the millions of blacks who toiled, paid taxes, lost their lives in every single war and military interdiction. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise......

• Like 3

On 12/30/2014 at 4:28 PM, Delano said:

. Also this entire site is a community. 

I agree.  AALBC.com is a community -  websites such as these even have community managers... I'm recently active here otherwise I would know who - but from what I've seen Troy, its founder, also serves as its manager.  So by its very definition, AALBC is an institution.  We, by participating, give it is power.  

• Like 4

@Sara, I have no personal recollection of Adam Clayton Powell.  He died when I was a kid, and was most alive before I was alive.  One of the avenues was renamed for him, and there is a magnificent statue of him on 125th street.  I can't relate anything about him from personal experience, but I too heard he was a great man.  But again that was a long time ago...

He was the pastor of one of Harlem's most prominent churches.  In fact I just got a book about his wife in the mail: 

56b17b6fb9a2e_97815049588681.jpg.66e5ad6

• Like 1

@Troy, Adam Clayton Powell was very charismatic, flamboyant and, not surprisingly, a ladies' man. He was a tragic figure in his final years and some would argue that his legislative legacy was besmirched by his personal excesses.  His first wife, was piano virtuoso Hazel Scott, who was famous in her own right.  

@Xeon.  Long time no hear from!  The United States is the country of African Americans by default. We are its step children, just as Native Americans could be regarded as its orphans.  I don't relate to any other country but when it comes to this nation, I'm certainly not patriotic.  

Hummmm. My ground hog day break is over and speaking of beady-eyed rodents, I loved Trump's defeat; hated Cruz's victory, and only give the first installment of the OJ Simpson saga **  

Back to my cave. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ 

• Like 1

@Sara, I think it is premature to call #blacklivesmatter a movement, or even an example of Black unity.  I know the media has done this and the hashtag is really popular, but time will tell if it ultimately becomes a movement--or if it even has any long term impact. #Blacklivesamtter isn't even 4 years old...  

MLK got the idea from the abolitionist Theodore Parker who in 1853 said; 

"I do not pretend to understand the moral universe; the arc is a long one, my eye reaches but little ways; I cannot calculate the curve and complete the figure by the experience of sight; I can divine it by conscience. And from what I see I am sure it bends towards justice."

I guess one's belief on this matter it depends upon one's perspective.  The indigenous people of the Americas were here for a millennia before the European came, and they were all but exterminated in less than 100 years.  Of course one does not have to rack their brain to come up with additional examples of arc of history bending toward injustice.

While I work everyday to foster Black unity I know it is not something that will happen because the arc of history bends toward justice.  If it happens, it will have to happen because a critical mass of people bust their asses and sacrifice to make it happen.

Given our history in this country I'm not at all surprised (definitely not "astonished") that some Black people are pessimistic.  

11 hours ago, Sara said:

The #blacklivesmatter movement is an example of black unity today.

Exactly!  I read a washington post article this morning re: Deray McKesson filing for his Mayoral Candidacy in Baltimore. The founding members of #blacklivesmatter serve on his advisory committee.  I'm so proud of the young women who started the movement; they are showing how politics is really a grassroots project. They even have a call to action - "Campaign Zero" with solutions. This call can and may end up on a ballot in our precincts. If anyone is familiar with - Florida's Stand your ground law, they know it was started by a group just like BlackLivesMatter - except their group ALEC ( American Legislative Exchange Council) , is against the people, not for.  Unfortunately, ALEC has a farther reach and bigger influence than BLM.   Still these young folks are doing something with their voices and they are UNIFIED!  I think that is what really scares the mainstream. 

• Like 1

I agree with Troy.  What some call, negativity, I call reality.  The Black Lives Matter movement may not be lacking in enthusiasm  but is political power really the answer to the problem or is it comparable to using anti-biotics to fight a virus?  Bright-eyed young women can organize all they choose but they need to target the right culprit. This group seems focused on convincing white people that black lives matter when it's obvious that they don't matter due to the proliferation of black-on-black crime that is rampant in the inner cities of this country.  This is not about politics it's about culture. The violence and disregard for human life that plagues black communities, is spawned by a baby-mama/baby-daddy, FaceBook, street gang culture that is very entrenched in the ghetto.  This is where the movement needs to make inroads, where change needs to occur.   And this is all but impossible because the self-destructive lifestyle that has broken down the family and made shame non-existent is passed down from generation to generation.  

Black unity is elusive because  it requires  the race to become a tribe with a cookie cutter mentality where everybody is going to walk in lockstep and adopt a herd mentality. Black folks are not monolithic enough for this to prevail.  

So what is the answer?  Not all problems have solutions, mainly because by the time a solution has been settled on, the original problem has morphed into something else.   But keep hoping for change, Ladies,  even if Obama has proved that doing this is an empty pursuit.    

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

• Like 1

“I'm motivated to make all these observations because of what is happening in the typical urban environment of Chicago where not a week goes by when a young black person isn't senselessly murdered by other young ………..among those constantly being exposed for using taxpayers money to feather their nests and finance their lavish lifestyles while doing little to serve their constituencies. And, of course, the tension between cops and Blacks is an ongoing situation, pitting irrational, unarmed perpetrators against panic-stricken, trigger-happy cops. “ 

I know this is a very late response because it's been ages since I have posted here. But regardless, I had to comment about your heart felt and uncompromisingly honest commentary Ms. Cynique. Everything you said was true. You told no lies nor was there any nefarious blather about the sad self destructive Negro culture in Chicago. Your comments about the hubris, greed, fraud, duplicity and outright inexcusable race baiting by so-called Negro leaders and activists -was on point.

You know what happened during those years of LBJ’s "The Great Society's" pouring of millions of tax payers’ dollars into the bottomless black holes of urban ghettos. The intent was to uplift, train, educate and steer maligned and rudderless Negroes into a better life. The so-called Negro leaders raided the coffers and freely filled their pockets with that money and the results were nil. The same blight, dysfunction, crime and cultural pathology has remained unchanged (when it comes to violent crime -worse!).

I've found it laughable that bogus fringe hucksters like the "Black Lives Matters" mob, have found a home in this chaos. The only time you hear anything from these misguided charlatans is when a black victim is murdered by a “non-black” perpetrator (preferably white and a cop). The seemingly countless body bags that fill the morgues yearly in Chicago (and every other major urban city) are the direct result of black on black fratricide -not the police or whites. But this conversation is kryptonite to Negroes who recoil with hysteria, name calling and histrionics if this stark reality is discussed. How ironic....

“Closer to home, I am totally dismayed by the things that my 23-year-old grandson who is my "street" contact, tells me about the kind of demeaning behavior young black inner city girls are engaging in, aided and abetted by FaceBook. They all seem to be desperate, loved-starved "thots".  And too many……… gang warfare perpetuates itself and this complicates things.  I hate all those conservative black Republicans saying what their white counterparts want to hear, but I just wish black youngsters wouldn't make it so hard for me to defend them.”

Again, not much to say here. Your words are once again factual and irrefutable…unless you are a card carrying member of the “Negroes in Denial Fraternity”. Tragically, we now have a generation that has elevated coonery, buffoonery and self destructive behavior to a science. Their obnoxious and toxic antics documents itself every day. THE FACTS ARE VERIFIABLE AND DEPRESSINGLY OBVIOUS! And I have neither the time nor desire to list nor debate the everyday ongoing self destructive consequences of their deportment. Yeah, I know you cringe when you hear what black republicans publically say. I hate it also. But as painful and embarrassing as it may be –they have told no lies. Their transgression is not fabrications or hyperbole but discussing such racially sensitive matters in front of whites.

Sadly, the world is watching as Negroes continue to arrogantly and gleefully actualize every negative belief and stereotype about black people. This I do not understand. If Negroes want to confront and demonize the core cause of their pathology –they should find the closest mirror in their homes! E’nuff said….

• Like 2

@Xeon, when you come like that, you are not late but right on time.

@Sara, OK according to the dictionary; "...a series of organized activities working toward an objective," #blacklivesmatter is definitely a movement.  My main concern was an expression of impact and building something sustainable.  Lets see where #Blacklivesmatter is after a decade.  

I did not say you said the MLK statement was original, I was just providing the content and why I disagreed with it.  

I also don't buy into the argument that the long arc of justice was favorable for the Native Americans, because there are a billion Chinese people running around. With that logic we can extend all of humanity back to Africa, and if we did that the whole arc of justice argument becomes nonsensical.

No dispute from me on striving for Black unity.

Again I completely understand why Black people are pessimistic.  All you really have to do is look around. The data on murder, depression, incarceration, poverty, unemployment, graduation rate, etc., is available.  You can also look at how we are portrayed in popular media. Of all the TV shows available featuring Black folks what percentage of them even attempt to uplift Black people?   Is it Housewives of ATL, is it even the fanatically popular Empire?  

Just because people assess a situation and point out problems does not mean they are not prepared to do something about it--even if they are pessimistic.  You can't fix something unless we know the cause of the problem--and I'm afraid that is our biggest problem.  

@Mel Hopkinshttp://www.joincampaignzero.org/solutions/#solutionsoverview is a compeling website, but again I reserve judgment on the effort until I see results.  I'm also not sure I even agree with some of the goals.  For example, you and I grew up in NYC during the worst periods in generations.  Without realizing the underlying causes of the high crime and poverty, people welcomed the very policing tactics that #blacklivesmatters want to eliminate.  But his is a much bigger conversation.

A few years ago #occupy was the movement dujour, today it may be #blacklivesmatter, tomorrow given our fickle nature, it will be something else...  

1 hour ago, Troy said:

Without realizing the underlying causes of the high crime and poverty, people welcomed the very policing tactics that #blacklivesmatters want to eliminate.  But his is a much bigger conversation.

A few years ago #occupy was the movement dujour, today it may be #blacklivesmatter, tomorrow given our fickle nature, it will be something else...  

I'm right there with you. I believe Policing definitely has its role. Law Enforcement dances that fine line with criminals; it's the nature of the beast.   But during the Dinkins/Giulani years  there was no racial profiling.  Police had their hands full with Jamaican/Colombian drug trafficking cartel. Law Enforcement targeted the correct individuals back then.   We lost a lot of police officers during that time because they went up against armed individuals - my dad included (Koch years).

Prior to 9-11, Law Enforcement was better in the neighborhoods because Department of Justice poured a lot of money into community policing... After 9/11- all the money allocated to community policing was moved to the Patriot Act activities and Department of Homeland Security.  Shortly thereafter militarize policing began.  

#Blacklivesmatter is demanding Law Enforcement return to the pre-9/11 community policing protocol. 

Today, with local Law Enforcement  having to "fund" itself. They just park in poor neighborhoods and harass poor black people. Here in Georgia we call it the Law Enforcement Tax - but in the inner cities, it is taxing, harassment and finally displacement in an effort to gentrify the neighborhood.  Yes, some neighborhoods are high crime/gang/drug trafficking neighborhoods but when was the last time a police shot a known gang-banger?   There's all type of organized crime in Chicago - but police don't even mess with Mexican cartels.  It is well known and even the judge my daughter clerked for here told her about the gang drug activity in Illinois.  There's Chinese drug cartel operating in San Fran/Oakland - but who do police target?  I haven't heard of a chinese "Oscar Grant" and I probably won't.  

#BlackLivesMatter - may be a small voice but they have a lot of followers who amass in every city when called upon. See what they did at Christmas time in the major cities.  I betcha the latest rogue police officer in Chicago was indicted.  These young people are tap dancing on a lot of #Whiteestablishment nerves.  I applaud them. Reminds me of us when marched on the Board of Education to "save of sports."  Betcha we didn't get any sports budget cuts that year ! LOL! 

As for #Occupy - did you hear about the $15 minimum wage increase in Seattle?  Do you know how it happened? An OccupyWallStreeter made it all the way to city council and fought for it.... Movements don't fade away, its members run for government offices and some even get elected.   ;-)

• Like 1

Sawant described Obama's as "a presidency that has betrayed the hopes of tens of millions of people."  She is also planning to do something about affordable housing.  Sounds good to me.  

However, it was the HuffPost that attributing her to #occupy, which may or may not be valid.  She identifies as a member of Socialist Alternative, an anti-capitalist, democratic-socialist party.  Which is #occupy did not invent.

The $15 minimum wage law is controversial.  The problem is not what some small business owner pays their employees, the problem is why is the cost of living in cities like Seattle so high?.  Often when fighting the symptoms of a problem, rather dealing with the root cause, you create more problems, in addition to the one you had to begin with.

New York has the same problem.  $15 and hour to a McDonald's worker will only increase prices and/or reducing services in the restaurant, while having no impact on the an employee ability to Pay rent--especially the ones who lose their jobs or have hours cut as a result.  

27 minutes ago, Troy said:

She identifies as a member of Socialist Alternative, an anti-capitalist, democratic-socialist party.  Which is #occupy did not invent.

Maybe Kshama Sawant does now..but I was in Seattle when I first heard of her and during her campaign and she identified as an Occupy activist. In the link, Democracy Now which covers Occupy extensively she speaks directly about  the Occupy movement as well.  Another part of her platform and her work is with protecting those in the transsexuals.    She's not the only #Occupy activists that has run for office either. Some of us may lose interest but I find a lot of these folks in the movement -are dedicated.   If you have time, keep an eye out for them and you'll see what I mean. 

LaQuan McDonald's shooting took place over a year ago and his shooter was not the latest rogue cop in Chicago. And there is a possiblity that McDonald's shooter may beat the rap, on a technicality. 

The most recent unprovoked shootings by a trigger happy rogue cop who on 12/27/15, shot Quintonio LeGrier, an unarmed college student with mental problems, has not produced any indictments. The city has, however, voluntarily settled out of court, with the family of Bettie Jones, the innocent woman bystander who was killed in the crossfire. There are also more recent pending cases of cops killing unarmed Blacks that have not yet produced indictments.  

And your oblique remarks about people who don't support activists, as being a part of the problem is, itself, a problem. You continue to be in denial about the elephant sitting in the room: Black on Black Crime. Dealing with that is the alternative goal that your critics offer.   And what's even more vexing is that a new study shows that young black folks are wantonly killing each other, not so much during gang warfare or drug deals but over minor personal vendettas, many of which originate on FaceBook.  The movement to stop this is like marching in place.  It goes nowhere. Maybe because it's not as high-profile and media-friendly or appealing to myopic visionaries  who like to cast themselves as noble do-gooders. Bottom line, black lives don't  matter. Black lives are very expendable. Every child born as the result of a Baby Daddy/Baby Mama hook up is just cannon fodder for future inner city violence.  

27 minutes ago, Cynique said:

The most recent unprovoked shootings by a trigger happy rogue cop who on 12/27/15

I didn't know about this one. It will probably be another year before information comes on this shooting.    I was referring to #BlackLivesMatter marching on Magnificent Mile before Christmas.

• Like 2

But you did make reference to Mel winning the bet about the last rogue cop in Chicago being indicted, and you did provide a link to try and back up this statement.  Talk about a slippery eel.  SMH

And of course, you'll take nothing away from this discussion.  The fact that it is a perfect example of why black unity is unlikely, goes right over your head like the arc you think leads to justice because you can't discern that it is a fax rainbow with a pot of fool's gold at the end of it. ROTFLOL

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

11 hours ago, Sara said:

SMH. The latest cop CALLED A ROGUE by the MEDIA is the one I referenced. The cops who killed Bette White are not being portrayed as "rogues."  Unless, of course, YOU have a link to the contrary? 

Oh, and no, I'm not going to enjoin you in dragging this thread down to name-calling. I've already made my views known on your proclivity for that lowest form of conversation:

" those people who aren't invested in discussing a subject, rather in attacking those whom they perceive as "knowing more about a subject than THEY do." Attacking not the content of their posts, but on a personal level, calling names as a substitute for intellectual discourse. Folk will mos def shy of participation in a forum or content themselves with lurking when intellectually bankrupt mud-slingers hold sway."

Bettie WHITE??? LMAO.  You can't even get names straight much less figure out which cop is being called a rogue, when actually  "rogue" can apply to any trigger happy cop.    It's Bettie JONES.  And who, besides you, thinks there's anything intellectual about your discourse which consists of nothing more than cliched rhetoric, and age-bashing.  My using allegory to describe your devious behavior is done in addition to responding aptly to your remarks, not instead of.   

"Bottom line, black lives don't  matter. Black lives are very expendable. Every child born as the result of a Baby Daddy/Baby Mama hook up is just cannon fodder for future inner city violence."

This very true. It goes back to my comment about Negroes looking into a mirror for an answer to the cause and root of this on going uber violent-shocking out of wedlock birth rate black subculture. Only those who spawn these seeds of self destruction should be held accountable. And for the record, you can go to any major large city (e.g. St Louis, Little Rock, Detroit, Chicago, Oakland, Memphis, Birmingham, Atlanta, Baltimore, et al...) with a sizable Negro population and the social pathology and wanton violent crime is the same! What does that tell you?

If I decide to consume illegal drugs and drink excessive amounts of alcohol each day -who is responsible for my drug addiction and cirrhosis of the liver? At some point, the concept of what is called personal responsibility and self restraint has to play a role..... 

"Bottom line, black lives don't  matter. Black lives are very expendable. Every child born as the result of a Baby Daddy/Baby Mama hook up is just cannon fodder for future inner city violence."

This very true. It goes back to my comment about Negroes looking into a mirror for an answer to the cause and root of this on going uber violent-shocking out of wedlock birth rate black subculture. Only those who spawn these seeds of self destruction should be held accountable. And for the record, you can go to any major large city (e.g. St Louis, Little Rock, Detroit, Chicago, Oakland, Memphis, Birmingham, Atlanta, Baltimore, et al...) with a sizable Negro population and the social pathology and staggering wanton violent crime is the same! What does that tell you?

If I decide to consume illegal drugs and drink excessive amounts of alcohol each day -who is responsible for my drug addiction and cirrhosis of the liver? At some point, the concept of what is called personal responsibility and self restraint should to play a role..... 

On 2/6/2016 at 5:10 PM, Sara said:

Is every white child born out of wedlock "cannon fodder for future" suburban violence? The highest incidence of out of wedlock babies are born to black fathers and white mothers, over 90%. Are any of the kids in the news being murdered by cop have light-skin and/or curly hair? If not, what does that tell YOU?

http://www.clutchmagonline.com/2015/10/study-claims-92-of-biracial-children-with-black-dads-are-born-out-of-wedlock/

Most drug users, percentage-wise as well as numerically, are white suburbanites. Alcoholism as well as drug addiction are societal problems, i.e., American, not "just" Black American.

Don't get me wrong, Xeon. I am a strong proponent of personal responsibility AND self-restraint. However, most societal problems blamed on black people, if you do the research, you'll find in the white community, as well.

" those people who aren't invested in discussing a subject, rather in attacking... Folk will mos def shy of participation in a forum or content themselves with lurking when intellectually bankrupt mud-slingers hold sway."

• Like 1

As  usual, you are off point, somewhere out in left field. None of the irrelevant subterfuge you're spouting has anything to do with the ghetto culture that enables the black-on-black crime which represents fodder for the preponderance of gun violence that occurs in the inner city. All you are doing is making a case for white privilege, proving that white people don't have to go around chanting  "white lives matter" because The System already knows this and excuses whites from the crimes that black are disproportionately stigmatized with and punished for.  Black lives don't matter,  which is why the protesters and demonstrators need to find a less ambiguous slogan.    

BTW, how do you like your baloney? With mayo or mustard? 

“Is every white child born out of wedlock "cannon fodder for future" suburban violence?”

Could be. Is there data to support the contention that the overwhelming percentage of crime in white suburbs is the result of white illegitimacy? But what evidence do you have to support the notion that violence in suburban zip codes is the direct result of whites born out of wedlock?

“The highest incidence of out of wedlock babies are born to black fathers and white mothers, over 90%.”

Oh really?  And exactly how does this impact the staggering crime and violence in black America? First, the number of children born between BM and WM (married or not) is fractional. Second, if you exam the racial background of both perpetrators and victims of black crime -you would see the overwhelming number have two black parents!

“ Are any of the kids in the news being murdered by cop have light-skin and/or curly hair?”

Doesn’t appear that way. AND WHY WOULD IT? As I stated before, the overwhelming number of “perpetrators” and “victims” of black fratricide are individuals who have two black parents –not one white and one black! And what supporting research or evidence do you have that cops consciously avoid conflict or shootings of mixed kids with “light-skin and/or curly hair”????

“If not, what does that tell YOU?

Oh! That’s easy. It tells me the vast majority of individuals committing the crimes and their victims have two black parents! It’s not rocket science ya know. E’nuff said…..

“Most drug users, percentage-wise as well as numerically, are white suburbanites.”

How would someone collect such accurate data since most people who use drugs are never caught nor arrested? However, I will concede white Americans probably have ( more than black Americans) used more kinds of illegal drugs, including cocaine, marijuana and LSD. Just look at the current epidemic use of heroin in white communities. Yet blacks are far more likely to go to prison for drug offenses. And there are various reasons for this that are not race related. I will also concede that our current drug laws are stupid, counterproductive and have created the greatest incarceration rates in the history of what is called the civilized world.

“Alcoholism as well as drug addiction are societal problems, i.e., American, not "just" Black American.”

Uhhhhh…..I don’t recall saying that it was. Where did I state alcoholism and drug addiction was restricted to “only black people”?

“Don't get me wrong, Xeon. I am a strong proponent of personal responsibility AND self-restraint.”

Ok…..

However, most societal problems blamed on black people, if you do the research, you'll find in the white community, as well.”“ 

Your statement is true. Whites experience many of the social ills that blacks do. However, there is a caveat. The difference is this: White communities are not under the siege of toxic gangs, senseless street violence and staggering homicides as Negro communities. Don’t think so? Do your own research. Look up the top ten cities with the highest rates for crimes and homicides. What racial group is suffering the most casualties? And give me the name of one predominately white city that has crime rates equal (or exceeds) to the drug related or wanton murders and crime in Oakland, Baltimore, St Louis, Camden, Chicago, Milwaukee or Detroit. Again, yes, whites suffer from crime and drug abuse. But their communities do not resemble Syria or Iraq as Negro communities! Big difference….

• Like 2

Xeon did not make the statement, "Every child born as the result of a Baby Daddy/Baby Mama hook up is just cannon fodder for future inner city violence."  I did.  But we can always depend on you to distort and cherry pick in an effort to craft your obfuscated rebuttals.  The "black self hate" label you try to pin on others is no worse that the self-love your inflated ego has created in order to deny you the realization that you are not infallible.     

BYE.

• Like 1

“I never said the bolded so who are you talking to?

You! You posted the statements and I was commenting about them…..

“Why do you write foolish things that have NOTHING to do with what I wrote?”

Not foolish my dear. I was simply giving undeniable facts about your statements…

I made a statement - 92% of biracial children are illegitimate - in response to your saying:

Every child born as the result of a Baby Daddy/Baby Mama hook up is just cannon fodder for future inner city violence."

No. I never made that statement. Go back and check. Although the statement rings of truth….

“As for the rest, sorry, but I can only deal with so much black self-hate in one sitting.”

Self hate??? Really? Ha! Ha! Ha! That’s funny. Why would I “hate myself” because of the self destructive and bad behavior of Negroes I don’t even know. That makes absolutely no sense….

“ Plenty of folk on this forum that wallow in it as gleefully as yourself.”

Well, to be honest my friend, I can’t speak to that because I don’t know anything about “the plenty of folk on this forum that wallow in it.” I have no idea what that means or what they have said. Perhaps you can provide details. I can only tell you everything I said was true. Now, if the truth offends you…well…I don’t know what to tell you! Would lies and fabrications make you feel better about yourself?

• Like 2

"And what I said about the black self-hate and negativity swimming through your post stands."

Stop it! You're killing me! Ha! Ha! Ha! It amazes me when intransigent race pride Negroes (like you) are butt hurt because someone eviscerates their arguments. Instead of addressing the issues of disagreement, they resort to personal attacks and their the number one adolescent accusation -You hate yourself!!! WTF??!! Seriously, where does that come from? In all fairness -is that the best you can do??? It makes no sense! If I said, "Ya know, the Raiders suck! They have not had a winning season in over ten years!"  The response: "What? Well...sounds like self-hate to me!"  Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!

• Like 2

“Distraction aside, waiting on your copy and paste of the quote you  allege I made.”  

I did not allege anything. You made a statement and I simply commented about your statement. There is nothing to allege…..

Oh! And distraction aside, everything I said about negativity and black self-hate "swimming" though your post.... stands.  

Well, I guess since you lack the intellectual ability to defend or clarify your statements, adolescent nefarious race baiting accusations will suffice. But guess it would be unfair of me to criticize you for doing the best you can. Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!

• Like 1

“In other words, no such statement BY ME exists and you're too petty to admit it.” 

Too petty to admit it? Huh? I have no idea what you are talking about. Perhaps you can reword your statement?

“Well, I guess since you lack the intellectual ability to defend or clarify your statements,

Ha! Not hardly! I intelligently defended and clarified every statement I made sweetie. I responded in great detail…line…by… line… to your addled statements. I left no stones unturned addressing each and every one of your deficient comments. No? Then show me where I did not defend or respond in detail to every statement you made! I’ll wait….

No, my statement is VERY clear. You're foxed and can't admit it, so....

You out-foxed me and I can’t admit it? Ha! Ha! Ha! That’s funny! I don’t think so. When and where did this happen? Please give me an example where you allegedly –out-foxed me! Again –I’ll wait….

“"Race baiting???" What in the world are you nattering about?

Oh yes! I think so. It was you who stated: Is every white child born out of wedlock "cannon fodder for future" suburban violence?” Duuhhhh??!! White people had nothing to do with the original conversation. The subject was about black people –not whites! Why would you drag them into the original discussion? You also said: “The highest incidence of out of wedlock babies are born to black fathers and white mothers, over 90%.” WTF??? Why are you bringing the offspring of BM and WW into a conversation that had nothing to do with interracial relationships? Whites and the children of BM/WW were not the topic focus nor mentioned anywhere in the original subject. THE INTITAL SUBJECT WAS THE FAILURE OF UNITY AMONG BLACK PEOPLE! So why did you drag biracial children and whites into the subject? Because in your indignant and butt hurt Negro race pride, you sought some kind of perverse race parity by dragging the pathology of relationships of BM/WW and white people into a discussion that nothing to do with either! GOT IT?

“No one can do better than TRUTH. Try it sometime.” 

I just did! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!