more than 1 in 5 black men who wed (22 percent) married a nonblack woman in 2008.

I don't believe it.

In fact, I say it's a lie.

This is the newspaper that printed all that false crap that got us into Iraq.

This is the newspaper where you've had all those plagiarism scandals--what was that Negro they caught stealing stuff?

This newspaper hides beneath the liberal facade while shaming and slamming black people.

If and when they find out its a lie, will they print a retraction?

New York City. Sounds like Mississippi in 1920 if you ask me.

Why are these figures so hard to believe, Chrishayden? What other explanation can be given for the fact that single black women are increasingly outnumbering married ones. And surely you are not denying that black men are the chief "offenders" when it comes to forsaking their own women for females of other races???

The future looks gloomy for sistas who more and more are being relegated to the ranks of babies' mamas, rather than daddys' wives. How ironic that the only glimmer of hope has to do with the growing possibility of marriage, itself, becoming extinct.

"This newspaper hides beneath the liberal facade while shaming and slamming black people." -- EXACTLY! Ohhh this paper used to piss me off -- I stopped reading the NY Times. The article above was on my facebook wall.

You have to ask what was the point of the article? The headline could have more reasonably highlighted the Asian population:

"Of all 3.8 million adults who married in 2008, 31 percent of Asians, ...married a person whose race or ethnicity was different from their own"

Again just more focus on the so called breakdown of the Black family -- with out saying it.

Cynique, they are carving the tombstone for marriage as we speak.

(I thought I had squashed you once and for all. I thought I had sent you screaming and whimpering and crying out on de lawd for your son, Grendel. I thought I had purged the Cyberverse of the Curse of Cynique, Queen of the Blues.

I was mistaken. My powers are not what I thought they were.)

Why are these figures so hard to believe, Chrishayden? What other explanation can be given for the fact that single black women are increasingly outnumbering married ones.

(First of all, the New York Times is a lying rag that hates black people and poses and liberal. They are in a big battle with the Wall Street Times, and, rather than uphold the righteous standards of the founders they are chosing to pander to their subhuman racist audience.

Second, I know from several instances in my OWN family where the women DID NOT WANT TO HAVE A HUSBAND and STATED SO. This includes a couple who had babies by NON WHITE MEN.

Thirdly, where are the facts? Where is their study? Where are the numbers.

To paraphrase the very Reverend Jeremiah Wright--GODDAM THE NEW YORK TIMES and everybody who works there, their relatives, friends, neighbors, heirs and assigns)

And surely you are not denying that black men are the chief "offenders" when it comes to forsaking their own women for females of other races???

(Let's see the facts. I want numbers. Not anecdotal evidence.

You never forgave Richard Wright for marrying that white woman, did you?)

The future looks gloomy for sistas who more and more are being relegated to the ranks of babies' mamas, rather than daddys' wives. H

(See above. Unlike before, when it was a mark of shame, a single mother can get good credit, good job, drive a good car, be a pillar of the community. With the white devil-yes, I said it--white devil-- doing all this purposely to destroy families (not just black ones)if I was a woman today I wouldn't even have no babies.

Why the fools are having babies without guarentee of a husband leads one into speculation about sex and intellect of black women I'd rather not go into.

They are obviously better off. This is why they do it.

All a man is going to do is take their money, beat on them and cheat on them anyway. God knows if I was 40 years younger that's what I'd be doing.)

. How ironic that the only glimmer of hope has to do with the growing possibility of marriage, itself, becoming extinct.

(They don't need it. They got money. You can have love or you can have money but you can't have both. You can't have it all. You probably can't have any of it.

What have these swine done to deserve a good and happy life anyway.

What makes you think they are happy getting married? The youngerones seem to be Gay, Bi or Tri Sexual anyway (Try a man, try a woman, try a child, try a dog...

Why do you care?

Cynique, they are carving the tombstone for marriage as we speak.

(This is what it is all about.

If you notice, rich people are still marrying. Rich white men still rule their homes. Rich white women kowtow and go along to get along.

It is those in classes below who are not getting married.

What better way to control the society. You control the schools, the churches, the government, now you destroy the family and you control them too.

Will it work?

I don't think so. One day they will need everyone to pull together and work together and they will just have a bunch of cut throat individuals screaming "Me! Me! Me!"

It has happened before you know.

Gimme a break, Chrishayden. How can you demand facts when you, yourself, produce nothing but anecdotal rebuttals. For every one female in your family rejecting marriage, I can think of two single women I know who lament being snubbed by the shrinking pool of eligible black bachelors. Your bluster is a poor substitute for a plausible response when disputing the claim that single black women out number married ones.

And to use the erratic petulant Reverend Jeremiah Wright to substantiate your irrational rant against the NY Times is laughable. The liberal credentials of the NY times are in tact because it's a newspper which doesn't tout the conservative line. It's not their fault if naive people like you don't realize that Liberals eschew black radicals and only support moderate Blacks who don't rock the boat.

Even as you grow older, you seem to have never been able to shed your cloak of idealism. You still cling to your dream of a world where heroes and villains exist, your idea of a hero being an impeccable individual who just happens to thinks like you. Come on over here with us cynics and get real, Bro.

As for marriage, like the old saying goes, marriage is a great institution, but who wants to live in an institution? Apparently, in this day and age, more and more people of every race are asking this question. Time brings change.