Nobody asked me, but -

Raven Simone of Cosby show fame, is taking a lot of flack on social media for objecting to Harriet Tubman being the choice to replace Andrew Jackson on the $20 bill, an opinion she expressed during a recent appearance on The View. Our little black bird is fast gaining a reputation for spouting quirky opinions that veer from the politically correct script. Whatever.

In the outlook I currently find myself glaring through, due to a boredom bordering on disgust with everything that exists in this fucked-up world,  including self-consuming black issues, I am not that enthusiastic about the HarrietTubman choice, myself. Blasephemy, I know but I tend to focus of the negatives of the snapshots in the big picture album. Harriet Tubman, who I consider on a par with folk heroes like Johnny Apple Seed and the steel-drivin railroad man, John Henry, does exemplify guts and determination, and paying homage to her presumably would placate “sistas” who are bitching about how devalued they are and always have been. And since Michelle Obama’s vintage is too recent, and despite her latest rant at Tuskeegee Institute’s graduation ceremony, kvetching about the “hardships” she endured before becoming first lady, a speech delivered on the heels of her shaking her booty while dancing with the star Jimmy Fallon on his show, doing her middle-aged emulation of Beyonce, - her 2 cents worth doesn’t lift her to the level of appearing on a piece of paper currency worth 20 bucks.

Yes, during the course of Harriet’s underground itineraries, she led 300 slaves to “freedom” up north, boasting that she never lost a passenger, and that she could’ve rescued a lot more if they’d known they were enslaved. But, think about it. Over centuries, the slave population exceeded 3 million. Granted, the miniscule number Tubman guided through forests and along river banks under the light of the moon, aided and abetted by Quaker abolitionists, is noteworthy. And, yes, these treks were adventures of legendary proportions. But can black women really identify with this?

Soooo, whose face do I prefer to grace the ”dub”? Maybe Rosa Parks. She personified a black woman who just got tired of the bull shit. I can dig it.  Leading people through the woods is one thing; leading them to the front of the bus is another.  Only problem is that freedom ain't free. I’ve had it with this merry-go-round of ego trips that make up the circus of life on planet earth, an orbiting sphere that rotates on the axis of money and power and - bull shit. Since we're dealing with symbolism, a picture of the devil would be right at home on the twenty. In Satan, we trust.

• Like 2

"...a picture of the devil would be right at home on the twenty. In Satan, we trust."

Perfect!  Lets just drop the pretense and "keep it real" (as the Reverend Sharpton likes to say).  If everyone knew who those in charge actually served, there would be a lot less stress due to monumental congnitive dissonance we must manufacture to deal with the the crap we have to deal with.

I'm sure there must be a photo of Satan on currency online let me look....

...I found something even better: Satan is already represented on our currency according to some:

dollar_bill_showing_new_world_order.gif

dollar.jpg

What is even more interesting is that this conspiracy theory stuff is hilarious when it's not even grounded in fact. Masonry has been around for much longer than the birth of this nation in 1776. In regard to Illuminati it simply means enlightened, but people would have the world believe that the Catholic church has some grand scheme to shape society beyond just filling its coffers. All of that information can be reshaped in any way we want if we felt like deciphering. The all seeing eye could be an homage to Horus and the original masons of Egypt which would then tie it even more closely to the idea of an Illuminati, but the spiderwebs on the dollar can be analyzed as the web of deceit that holds this country together based on religion. I mean if you look hard enough at anything you can develop  a conspiracy theory.  As far as the 20, who cares who is on it as long as I can buy food gas and shelter. You can put Eddie Murphy on it in his regalia from Zamunda and if I can still spend it I'm cool.

I'm not big on conspiracy theories, myself. A lot of factors figured into the founding of this country.  Even astrology.  Most of the foundling fathers were Masons, but - so what? 

America's unofficial motto is "in God we trust" and we live by the almighty dollar.  They say the "love of money is the root of all evil". I wouldn't know, but many who were poor before they became rich say that "rich is better".  Meanwhile, that star spangled banner still waves over the land of the greed and the home of the depraved. 

Satan on a twenty?  Who can deny this country is going to hell. 

• Like 1