Obama Loses Black Christian Support over Gay Marriage

When I went to post our review of Stand Your Ground on social media, this morning, the following conversation (see below was on my Facebook wall.  Since I don't do Facebook conversations anymore (just here and other indie websites)  I did not participate, but the conversation intrigued me because I know the principle participants.

Timmothy McCann who launched this assault on the president has been writing books for as long as I've had this website.  His early novels were bestsellers here. 

Gwen Richardson, started a website called Cushcity shortly after I launched AALBC.com.  She runs the National Black Book Festival, has published a few books and is my partner on The Power List.

Obama really has appeared to upset his Black Christian base.  Fascinating (said in my best Mr. Spock imitation).  If Obama has demonstrated anything in the last 6+ years, he has demonstrated that he is no different than any politician.

People behave as if Obama was a truly devout Christian.  I know many Black folks believed (or at least behaved), as if Obama was the second coming of Christ.

I too had unrealistically high and perhaps naive expectations of Obama, but I never would have thought (nor would I have wanted) he would support legislation based upon the currently popular interpretation of the Bible myth.

The Bible obviously is subject to interpretation and change.  This very same book has been used to both; justify and condemn slavery; and admonish or tolerate homosexuality.

Obama has a kill list, and takes people out with remote control planes, in sovereign nations no less.  He tortures people in Cuba. He has bailed out rich people who ran Banks that screwed the economy, he just gave the ultra wealthy another prize with TPP.  But now that Obama supports making it legal for same sex couples to get married NOW Christians get bent out shape? This is where they draw the line?  

I will never understand some Christians.

Mr. President. I love you. Respect you and so glad you won not once but twice. But you've officially lost me on this one.

safe_image.php?d=AQAu80m1ep_uAUMh&w=470&
After the Supreme Court issued its ruling on gay marriage Friday, President Obama gave a speech in which he said Americans need to change their religious views
WWW.EXAMINER.COM

Like · Comment · 
  • Sean Shelton Where are all these quotes from god. Don't you know that none of the people , or said author wrote any of that ..
  • Hugh Anderson II I whole-heartedly agree with you preacher. I was SO enthralled when this historic event occurred, but now, I am embarrassed, a little frustrated, and angered a little by his completely ignoring our Foundation of Truth--the Bible, and in addition, the w...See More
    Like · Reply · 3 · June 29 at 7:46am · Edited
  • Autumn Salmon Did we honestly think this wasn't coming next! Come on people. It's coming from the top down. No longer can we be chilling in the spiritual cut. Persecution is coming full-throttle, from all sides. LORD JESUS HELP US TO ENDURE!
  • Polo Gittens The world need to seek truth ,there many religion in the world ,but truth doesn't change, religions ,government ;and people change .man and woman is truth .every thing else is belief .a act of sex has accomplished my more than a people. we keep talking religion but in these stories with in stories it says seek the truth and it shall set you free. Dont take nothing for granted .Keep your eyes focus.
  • Art Bright The bible is clear on what it says on this issue and God changes for no one. "For I am the LORD, I change not" Malachi 3:6. God said he has put his word above his name. "I will worship toward thy holy temple, and praise thy name for thy lovingkindness ...See More
    Like · Reply · 1 · June 29 at 10:27am · Edited
  • James Dunn I am not gay - as a disclaimer, but I am shocked, at people I respect like Timmothy Mccann and Vernon Jones taking this stance. I am a Christian and was raised a Methodist, and we were taught that the good news of the New Testament kept the Old Testame...See More
    • Art Bright James as a true follower of biblical principals fortunately the bible nor God is going to change wether you change or not. Malachi 3:6. Your taking an emotional stance with no biblical truth about how God's word views this issue. I believe the problem is people just don't know that GOD will not change his word ever and if your going to be a follower of Christ you have to except that as truth. Psalms 138:2. go read the CEB translation on Romans 1 and 1Cor 6:9. Truth is not emotional or reasoning. Its just truth. 2Thess. 2:9-11
    • Gwen Richardson James Dunn, your information is incomplete, at best. There is no science to prove homosexuality is predetermined from birth. If that were the case, a newborn baby could be identified as gay, but he/she cannot.

The study you mentioned may be the one wh
      ere gay men and lesbians supposedly have a 50 percent greater chance of being left-handed or ambidextrous than their straight counterparts. However, these so-called "studies" all have small sample sizes and self-selected respondents. I have studied this issue extensively over a 20-year period and have also written a book about it.

People on TV say they are "born that way" and everyone jumps on that bandwagon without question. A newborn baby's race can be determined at birth, as are his eye color, hair color and gender. Homosexuality is, for the most part, based on socialization. A lot of it is the result of childhood and/or adolescent molestation.

Frankly, I find it insulting that you assume black people should support this. It has nothing to do with us. That's why all of the African nations are against this, with the exception of South Africa. It is largely a European phenomenon. LGBTs pimped black suffering to get where they are now. It's insulting, it's outrageous. How dare they! But they've gotten away with it because of the media and the help of "black leaders," who have been bought off or co-opted.
    • Art Bright Besides, if the bible calls it a sin then you can be delivered from it.
    • Gwen Richardson Art Bright, repentance is required first.
    • Troy Johnson
      Write a reply...

• Vernon Jones One may have to tolerate; but one also can choose not to advocate!
    • James Dunn Sorry, but that attitude about someone's rights kept Jim Crow in power for almost a hundred years. To me it is a simple issue of freedom, the GOP should embrace it.
    • Troy Johnson
      Write a reply...

• DrDolores Ensley I love my POTUS as well.... as for gay marriage/equality.I am for it 100% don't have a gay bone in my body. But James Dunn you posted for me..lol.Thanks..Studies have shown that these so call gay tendency start as early as 2 y/o . Don't think anyone could argue that is choice. I too feel this is a Civil Rights issue..
  • Ethelene Woodson I love the president but the Supreme Court or the president don't come before GOD I don't care what they say the same GOD sits high and look down on the president and the Supreme Court
  • Daniel George Alright but where in all this minuscule batter back and forth are substantive practical life applications from our Black clergy. Condemnation and quoting scriptures has not done much in the way of progress on our social and economic concerns. There is ...See More
  • Timmothy B McCann James Dunn first of all you being neither gay nor black nor female do not stand with the moral or historical gravitas to lecture me or anyone else on discrimination. And also to my knowledge you are not seminary trained so I don't know if you want to ...See More
    Like · Reply · 5 · June 29 at 12:09pm · Edited
  • Timmothy B McCann And also James Dunn please note that in this discussion it was you who looked through the deck and yanked out the race card. And we (the African American church) can live without the lecture as well.
    Like · Reply · 3 · June 29 at 12:56pm · Edited
  • Timmothy B McCann And one last thing (I think). James Dunn and others Please stop comparing gay issues to the plight of people brought here as slaves. News flash being black is not a sin and every time you post it, it's a suggestion in a polite yet condescending way to say it is. It is not a parallel argument. It's a insult to my ancestors.
  • Gwen Richardson I've seen this coming for years, before Obama was in office. However, I didn't expect him to be the architect of all the sweeping changes, including Supreme Court appointments which made the Friday ruling possible. I voted for him twice, but will be gl...See More
    Like · Reply · 3 · June 29 at 1:45pm
    • Timmothy B McCann Well rev Anderson let's look at the facts. Unlike his predecessor he has never joined a church. He's pro gay. He believes in evolution. I think he's a politician at heart and says or does what he needs to win. Sad. I just personally wish he'd be the man he profess he is and not just sing a song as if he were that person.
    • Hugh Anderson II EXACTLY!!!!
    • Gwen Richardson Sadly, for most black voters, that's all he has to do. He sang "Let's Stay Together" and "Amazing Grace." His policy efforts have not been directed toward us at all in terms of addressing discrimination. But he knows he can get away with doing nothing for black people except singing songs.
    • Troy Johnson
      Write a reply...

• Timmothy B McCann Agree Gwen. That's why I'm disappointed. He lied.
    Like · Reply · 2 · June 29 at 1:52pm
  • Kristopher James A great article that I hope will bless you in these times we are in. http://creation.mobi/us-gay-marriage-scotus...
    safe_image.php?d=AQCPfAJrZae3Xxit&w=90&h
    Jesus said, “Have you not read that he who created...
    CREATION.MOBI
    Like · Reply · 1 · June 29 at 1:53pm
  • Gwen Richardson LGBT "rights" primarily benefit white gay males who already have white privilege. Now they have double privilege on the backs of black people while we're still being shot by cops and racists.
    Like · Reply · 3 · June 29 at 1:55pm · Edited
  • El-Mahdi Holly-Haile You all sound like 2015 Bible-thumping white Segregationists unhappy with Brown v. Board. lol
    Like · Reply · 1 · June 29 at 1:59pm
    • Gwen Richardson I don't need a Bible to see the damage this will do to American society. Nations where homosexuality is on a growth projectory reflect societies in decline. But the prohibitions are also in the Koran and the Torah. These books were written by different people, during different time periods, in different countries. Obviously, they all saw something and we should pay attention.
    • Troy Johnson
      Write a reply...

• Timmothy B McCann El-Mahdi you've come in, in the middle of the movie now you ready to make comments. Lol. Please.
    Like · Reply · 1 · June 29 at 2:01pm
  • Daniel George Art Bright there is not seeking a Biblical but a practical approach towards Ministry in the Black Community. Too many Black churches have given up on our own people or we offer so little of ourselves towards outreach that we seem totally disengaged and disingenuous.
  • DrKevin Donalson The problem is, that's not what he said. This is a quote from the article. 
    "But today should also give us hope that on the many issues with which we grapple often painfully real change is possible,” he added. The implication was clear: Those who disag
    ...See More
    Like · Reply · 2 · June 29 at 3:39pm
  • Leroy White HE JUST BSAYING ACCEPT THE FACT, THAT YOU CAN' CHANGE PEOPLE. ONLY YOUR SELF Timmothy B McCann mcCann
  • Kelvin Cain It all comes down to what the Word of God means to each individual. People who don't Love God and do not believe in the Word of God have no allegiance or alignment to it. Those that Love God wouldn't care what He said we shouldn't do. We trust in Him a...See More
    Like · Reply · 7 · June 29 at 5:17pm · Edited
  • Travis Hunter Well said, Kelvin Cain.
    Like · Reply · 2 · June 29 at 4:17pm
  • James Dunn I apologiize if I made people angry. I was not lecturing anyone but merely speaking about my take on this. I said I was surprised that the Black Church didnt see this as discrimination too. I am free to comment on any segment of society, I studied Pol...See More
    Like · Reply · 4 · June 29 at 4:52pm
    • Gwen Richardson James, you've "studied" political science. We've LIVED in 400 years of racial terrorism. That's the difference between your point of view and ours.

There are conditions when you accept Christ. Most so-called Christians ignore the conditions. We are su
      ...See More
    • James Dunn I do not pretend to know the African American experience. Its is like my sister asked one time , so you think you understand men better than I do. I paused and said Uh Yeah. I dont think Grace is about doing what you want and then getting a free pass....See More
    • Gwen Richardson I don't think any child is unadoptable; that's like an oxymoron. But just because some may adopt children, that still doesn't sanction their union. You can't erase one sin by saying I did something else that was worthwhile.

If I cheat on my husband and then give a check to charity, does my donation negate my adultery?
    • James Dunn After this last comment I see why we disagree so strongly. Adultery is about a lie, Gay Marriage is about the truth. I am not going to comment further, I think we have said it all.
    • Timmothy B McCann As a Christian that believes that a sin is the truth in any way yes...I can see the gulf as well. It's really sad that the white church supports sin. I really wish they would get in line with Gods agenda. (See how patronizing that sounds?). But seriously Jim , thanks for your thoughts and opinions.
    • James Dunn It does sound patronizing for me to comment on what I hope the black church does. That is showing how politicized I have become, speaking in demographic groups instead of directly. I will share something interesting, just a couple of months ago I met a...See More
    • Troy Johnson
      Write a reply...

• Timmothy B McCann It was not what you said it was the tone. Sorta like when republicans call us ignorant for voting democratic. Now liberal whites say we are off based because we do not line up with everything the president says. We can each follow our heart. With regards to the bible when you show me where Paul was wrong il back down on my statement.
    Like · Reply · 2 · June 29 at 5:04pm
  • Kelvin Cain James Dunn.....Sin is discriminated against in the Word of God. I believe that homosexuals who fight the sin will make it to heaven like the rest of us who are fighting sin. But the movement is not about fighting sin...It's about making sin a lifestyle and not turning away from it......Here's some new testament Romans 1 24-28
    24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
    25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
    26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
    27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
    28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
    Like · Reply · 2 · June 29 at 5:14pm · Edited
  • Timmothy B McCann Well said Gwen. Well said Gwen Richardson
  • Timmothy B McCann Having said all that apology accepted and I know in my heart it was sincere
  • Gwen Richardson Timmothy B McCann, excuse my anger, but it really torques me when white liberals tell us we should promote gay marriage, or any other liberal policy that doesn't benefit us at all. They obviously don't realize the spiritual component to this issue. I became independent in about 2000 because both sides have objectionable stuff that I just cannot support -- period.
    Like · Reply · 2 · June 29 at 5:21pm
  • Timmothy B McCann Could not have said it better. It's extremely patronizing. It's like when they tell us who our leaders should be. Each house has issues.
  • DrDolores Ensley Sin is sin ..adultery, unmarried mothers.honoring thy mother/father, lying ,stealing bearing false witness ..so now it's a hierarchy of sin. We better than the gays? gluttony is a deadly sin..How many grossy obese ppl walking around? Honoring thy temple How many ppl abusing thier bodies no law to lock them up. I don't have a heaven nor hell to put no one in..Let God be the judge. I support it 110%
  • Timmothy B McCann DrDolores Ensley I totally agree. It's no worst than adultery or gluttony. I personally dropped 80 lbs because it is a sin. We should not make gays feel as if it's the worst sin ever. It's just sin and God abhors all sin. I am not putting any one in hell. Simply calling sin sin as you stated.
    Like · Reply · 1 · June 29 at 5:44pm · Edited
    • DrDolores Ensley Timmothy B McCann.I know for a fact there are ppl that are born with a genetic trait ..I am not the one to judge..we all sinners .I will leave judging to the Almighty..I have a lot work to be done to keep me straight. and for now that's where my concentration will lie...muuaah!
    • Timmothy B McCann Again sin is sin. I know for a fact that babies are born crack addicts. It's a fact. Since you know your bible let's look at Romans. "Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? 
      Of course not! Since we have died to sin, how can we continue to live in it?" Homosexuality is a sin. And Jesus said we should judge a tree by the fruit it bears.
    • Timmothy B McCann Oh yeah. Muuuuuuuaaahhhhh.
    • Troy Johnson
      Write a reply...

• Gwen Richardson I've also never said anyone was going to hell; it's not up to me. But that doesn't mean I'm blind to what we are admonished to do as Christians. We are not supposed to sanction or promote sin. Jesus nor the disciples EVER sanctioned or promoted sin. They just didn't.
    Like · Reply · 2 · June 29 at 5:47pm
  • Mike Lafferty Interesting comments you stirred up Timmothy B McCann.
    Like · Reply · 1 · June 29 at 5:57pm
  • DrDolores Ensley Gwen Richardson I don't promote homosexual acts..nor do I condemn it. We support un wed mothers is that not giving sanction to sin. women/men you know committing adultery don't lose their rights..
    • Gwen Richardson What rights have gay people lost or what rights did they not have? Marriage has been redefined, but who says they had a right to redefine it.

Support for unwed mothers does not mean that we support the fact that they are unwed. We're not applauding the fact that they didn't get married before having children. We're providing them with assistance based upon need. That's not a good analogy.
    • Troy Johnson
      Write a reply...

• DrDolores Ensley I am out got to visit your pg more often..Love the topic!!..Muuaah!
    Like · Reply · 1 · June 29 at 6:43pm
  • Timmothy B McCann Mike Lafferty I had no clue it would stir such emotions. But I think this is just a snapshot of what's being said all over the country today.
    Like · Reply · 2 · June 29 at 6:54pm
  • Desiree Rutledge Allen It's important to read what he actually said and not to rely on the headline which is inaccurate.
  • John Dukes III I will keep it to the quote. I see no reference to a request of Change in Christian, Islamic, Hindu or any named sect, but an optimism, those of any faith would embrace the Universal one commandment of LOVE, rather than the weaponized practices of Reli...See More
  • Stanley R Pernsley Jr. He is the demon in a blue suit.. He needs to be saved and delivered by Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!
    • Fred Hutchinson How do you know he's a demon? I met the President on more than one occasion when he was a state senator in Illinois. He's really a good person who loves his family and other people. The government has to make decisions based on the Constitution and he ...See More
    • Stanley R Pernsley Jr. If you know who Jesus Christ is and what His Word says in the Bible about the things you buddy obama co-signs, than you would who talking in him. If you have The Holy Spirit inside of you and The Holy Spirit guides your moral compass, than you will cle...See More
      Like · 1 · 20 hrs
    • Fred Hutchinson I don't need your help with salvation. I accepted Christ into my life decades ago. This is the judgmental attitude that is such a turn-off to unbelievers. You have concluded from a Facebook post that you know what's in my heart and the nature of my wal...See More
    • Stanley R Pernsley Jr. Re dedication to Jesus Christ is a good thing to do, because once saved doesn't mean always saved. So this lets me know that you really didn't read what I shared. And The Bible says that The Saints of God Will Judge The World. This is why we stand on T...See More
      Like · 1 · 19 hrs
    • Fred Hutchinson You need to work out your own soul salvation. Jesus and I have mine worked out already. And if I was not a believer, why would I want to talk with you after you immediately condemn me to hell without knowing anything about me? This is why so many of our church pews are empty or nearly empty. You need to repent sir. smh
    • Fred Hutchinson News flash: Everyone sins. I guess you won't vote again because you will not find a sinless politician.
    • Stanley R Pernsley Jr. This is what the book of Romans Chapter
      1 shares with us. If you read Romans Chapter 1 , you will see that what I said is dealt with right there.
    • Fred Hutchinson God didn't call you to go around condemning people and you do not know what is in that man's heart and you certainly don't know what's in mine. We typed a few lines of facebook and you are supposed to know me. Get out of here man. LOL
    • Stanley R Pernsley Jr. Romans also says that all have sinned and have fallen short of the glory of God . Yes you are correct brother. No man is sinless brother , except Jesus Christ. But what a man stands for and fights for , if he is a man that truly Believes in Jesus Christ, will never leave his belief in Jesus Christ and God for what the world says you should stand for. Do you think this is true brother?
    • Stanley R Pernsley Jr. And your right again brother, I probably won't vote again.. Jesus said we are in this world but are not to be like the world!
    • Fred Hutchinson He is a politician not our Pastor. He has to make decisions according to the Constitution, not anyone's religious beliefs or sacred texts. How would you feel if politicians decided to use the Qur'an to make laws or if legal decisions were based on Tibetan Buddhism? Our government is secular.
    • Stanley R Pernsley Jr. The Word of God says that what is in a man's heart , he will speak out of his mouth. So if you truly believe in Jesus Christ in your heart and The Word of God, would you co-sign anything against the order of God?? This is the question to you brother!
    • Fred Hutchinson That's sad considering our ancestors died so we can have that right. What would your non-participation solve? Then you can only sit on the sidelines and complain about what is happening. A no-vote is actually a vote, by the way.
      Like · 1 · 19 hrs
    • Stanley R Pernsley Jr. Jesus Christ came to this world to condemn sin and set us free from sin and to redeem us back to Himself.
    • Fred Hutchinson Yes, Jesus Christ did not the President of the United States.
    • Stanley R Pernsley Jr. Come on bro. Do you have children? Would you teach your son to marry a boy? Would you teach your daughter to marry a girl? No you wouldn't . Because you are a believer in Jesus Christ and you know it's totally wrong and against God too, because you read your Bible.
    • Fred Hutchinson His job is to run the Executive Branch of our secular government. He cannot pick and choose a religion as the basis of his work. We don't have that type of government.
      Like · 19 hrs · Edited
    • Stanley R Pernsley Jr. I stand for Jesus Christ and I will tell Gods' Truth to all until He calls me to heaven! God bless you bro. We can agree to disagree. That's cool.
    • Fred Hutchinson That's your job as a parent. It's not the government's job to tell you who you should marry.
    • Fred Hutchinson And yes, I have a beautiful wife and daughter. My parents didn't have to teach me who to marry so I have no immediate plans to dictate to my daughter who she should marry.
    • Fred Hutchinson Besides you getting upset, how did your life change after the Supreme Court ruling? I'm guessing your life didn't change much and it won't.
    • Stanley R Pernsley Jr. The president is the moral and political figure for America , and if he is supposed to stand for morality, you will not tell the American public to go against God. He would stand for what's right. This is why he supposedly ran for office in the first place.
    • Stanley R Pernsley Jr. I am not upset, I am totally cool. It's sad to see the condition of the so called believing Christian in this world today.
    • Fred Hutchinson He's the political leader of the country.
    • Fred Hutchinson The Bible says that we are to pray for our leaders and pray for our enemies. That's a good place to start. Rather than condemning him to hell and calling him a demon, do what the Bible has commanded us. Pray for him and love (remember that's the greate...See More
    • Stanley R Pernsley Jr. This lets me further know that as a Pastor, Evangelist , Teacher and Prophet and Minister of The Gospel Of Jesus Christ, that I must teach the people that much more about Holiness and staying in The Bible and Stay in Prayer that much more.. We are trul...See More
    • Fred Hutchinson God didn't call the church in this dispensation to run the government. We are called to love and to evangelize the lost.
    • Stanley R Pernsley Jr. Yes brother, your parents. They are male and female. Not two men or two women!!
    • Stanley R Pernsley Jr. The government is the lost as well brother. The pledge of allegiance last line is , one nation under God, indivisible with liberty and justice for all! So the dispensation includes all. Like you said earlier, for all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God. Remember??
    • Fred Hutchinson What does this have to do with your approach? I know some little kids who have two parents that are the same sex too. With your approach, you will never have an opportunity to evangelize those families. They will not hear a word you have to say. It's s...See More
    • Fred Hutchinson In God we trust, under God....whatever. That does not change the fact that our government is secular. Under God this nation instituted slavery, nearly wiped out all the Native Americans, stole their land, oppressed women, allowed Jim Crow segregation. ...See More
    • Stanley R Pernsley Jr. Jesus Christ came many ways to the Pharisees and Sadducees ministering The Word of God to them to show them their sins so that they would see there wrongs and repent, but most of them didn't and still setup to have Him killed. That's why there is a hea...See More
    • Fred Hutchinson So, since Jesus Christ allowed people an opportunity to make that choice for themselves, shouldn't we follow his lead? He died for his tormentors, and that was the ultimate expression of his love for us. We express our love for people apparently by cal...See More
    • Stanley R Pernsley Jr. God uses us The Believers and Preachers, Pastors, Evangelists, Prophets, Teachers and Apostles , to teach His Word to the World . And if the people don't want the truth of God, than yes, Jesus Said that we are to kick the dust of our feet and keep moving.. But we are not to pick and choose what we should believe in The Bible and what not to believe in The Bible. Gods' Word is All True from Genesis to Revelations
    • Fred Hutchinson Shake the dust off your feet my brother, feed your sheep, trust in the Lord, and leave the judgment up to him. Love everybody because these families, whether we agree with their lifestyles or not, need spiritual leaders to pray for and with them and to...See More
    • Stanley R Pernsley Jr. I say the truth of the matter brother. Jesus even called the Pharisees and Sadducees a brood of vipers to their face.. He told them the condition of their hearts and souls to their faces. He told them the truth!!
    • Stanley R Pernsley Jr. I follow the lead of Jesus Christ, The Holy Spirit, God And The Bible brother. Not man. But I hear you bro. God bless you bro. Holiness is always right. Jesus Christ says ," Be Holy For I Am Holy". Have a blessed brother. Stand for Jesus Christ not public opinion!
    • Fred Hutchinson No one said you are to pick and choose what to believe. The Bible says that humble is the way and there is nothing humble about you imagining you can see what is in my heart through facebook. It's more your approach than anything my brother. The Presid...See More
    • Fred Hutchinson Look what he did on the Cross for his tormentors. You haven't even been tempted unto death, as Paul said, and you're lashing out against the President. Love Brother Pastor.
    • Troy Johnson
      Write a reply...

• Sharon Rowell-Boone Noone is going to create fear in me as a Christian because I believe what I believe. Produce life and I will agree. If it doesn't produce life than leave me alone. We have nothing further to talk about!!!
  • Jackie Williams This is good reading. Very wholesome well worded discussions. I wouldn't touch this one with a ten foot pole. Very interesting. Keep it going.
    Like · Reply · 23 hrs
    • Fred Hutchinson But based on an inaccurate article unfortunately. I would have pointed that out or taken it down if it were on my fb page and I realized that after being told by several people.
    • Troy Johnson
      Write a reply...

• Patrice Curtin I'm calling bullsh*t on this crazy made-up "nontroversy"-- I don't need demagogues of any stripe giving me their "translation" of what President Obama said. I watched, listened and comprehended all by myself! A dog whistle is a dog whistle, no matter who's blowing it! I call BULLSH*T!
    Like · Reply · 3 · 22 hrs
  • Sherry McCrae Timothy my friend, please take down the post it's a lie. Love you my friend. But like you said TD Jake's said it correctly. Dont be a part of white American racist attack on our president. Please.
    Like · Reply · 1 · 22 hrs
  • Sherry McCrae Those of us who lived up in DC know the Examiner articles are so fulll of baloney.
    Like · Reply · 22 hrs
  • Sherry McCrae John Dukes when I'm in Gainesville again can we have lunch??? My treat...
    Like · Reply · 1 · 22 hrs
    • John Dukes III Sherry McCrae, I seldom eat lunch, though I am trying to follow my wife's admonishments to do so more regularly. That does not preclude lunch with a friend, when the opportunity is available!
      Like · 9 hrs
    • Troy Johnson
      Write a reply...

• Sherry McCrae John Dukes III also check out that young brother name Fred Hutchinson very interesting young man.
    Like · Reply · 2 · 22 hrs
  • Terry Walters Isaiah 5:20 - "Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!" Mal. 3:6 - "For I am the Lord, I change not."
    Like · Reply · 21 hrs
  • Twyla Blackmond Larnell I know all kinds of people who take part in all kinds of things and then show up on Sunday. We really should stop judging people for sinning differently than we do.
    Like · Reply · 1 · 17 hrs
  • Sean Shelton I think we are dumb for voting democratic. They have done nothing absolutely nothing for us. They keep you down.
    Like · Reply · 16 hrs
    • Fred Hutchinson You don't have to vote democratic. What specifically have politicians from other political parties done for you?
    • Troy Johnson
      Write a reply...

• Sean Shelton Yeah who wrote this bible. Wake up. King James. Study his history and quit quoting the people who supposedly wrote it. There are no Peter, Paul, John and mark names in Africa. Those are not African names. Wake up my African people study study study your history and culture
    Like · Reply · 

The Atlantic wrote and interesting article about some research Facebook's influence on member support of Gay Marriage

The finding raises a question: Did Facebook users actually influence their friends, or had they selected friends who already shared their views? This is one of the great puzzles of social-network research, and it remains unanswered by State and Adamic. Unlike other studies by the company, which test causal claims through experiments, this one merely observed how people behaved on Facebook without the company's intervention. (That's often how social-movement research works: Data is collected during extraordinary events like Freedom Summer.) Despite their inability to make causal claims, State and Adamic speculate that the millions of changed profile images in March 2013 may have demonstrated to its users, perhaps for the first time, that the majority of Americans already supported gay marriage.

Friday’s Supreme Court decision to uphold marriage equality is another extraordinary event, another opportunity to understand how solidarity spreads in networks. On social media this weekend, many people celebrated the decision. Others spoke against it, or kept silent rather than risk conflict with friends and family. It’s possible that another effect may come into play: a spiral of silence where people who now imagine themselves in the minority keep more quiet about their political views. Facebook use has also changed since 2013, as the company’s recent visualization of growth in LGBT Facebook group membership illustrates.

The only thing that gets on my nerves more than flaming gay folk, is sanctimonious religious ones, obsessed with one bible verse.  The fact that black people were guilible and naive enough to think Obama would be their savior is an indication of how susceptible they are to the idea of investing all their hopes in a man. This is why they are so enthralled with Jesus and why they so thoroughly embrace religion - which I am more and more convinced is a cult. People ask me do I believe in God and the answer that is gradually fermenting in my mind is that God is our higher self, and prayer is auto-suggestion, and the bible is a multi-dimensional manual that draws from many sources, - all of which originated with man and myth.  But that's a whole other discussion.   

In spite of all these deflated, disapppointed, black homophobes, I think history will give Obama's presidency a decent grade.  As far as abolishing racism, because he has not fully evolved, he could not perform this miracle.  And a Republican president is not a viable option when it comes to black lives mattering.  IMO.  

Edited by Cynique
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Well, he's not the second Christ, no one can be, no matter how great they are, no ones, greater than Jesus, also i don't blame those African American Christians for not supporting Obama for standing up for gay marriage, I'm against it, it clearly in the bible that God did not create Women with Women, or Man with Man, Adam (man) Eve(women), i still don't know why people think it's so confusing, gay marriage is a sin, it's not just my opinion it's a fact, in the bible.

I don't either Akia, but that should be readily apparent from what I've already posted.  But when it comes to religious issues it is not really open for debate is it?  What matters is what the person believes, Facts don't matter, the science does not matter; it doesn't even matter what other Christians people believe.

There are some openly gay Christians leading Churches.  While other Christians believe it is a damnable sin.

I don't care at all. Some might say Jesus hung out with dudes his entire adult life and he wore dresses... sounds kinda suspect to me. Seriously, it amazes me how people care so much about the private lives of other people. A good person, is a good person, is a good person, is a good person. If I'm dying, I just want help. I don't care who my savior cuddles with. I just want to live. I'm sure the same people throwing the bible around are the same, so the hypocritical folks riding shotgun with Jesus, bumping Sylvester's "Mighty Real" and throwing bibles at the gay marriage folks, should first throw a bible at themselves for being judgmental.

• Like 2