Rocking the natural

I cannot stand seeing young girls with something that's not theirs, like I'm not all for wearing hair pieces, i believe in wearing your hair natural. and i wear mines natual all the time, mostly in a Afro, every now and then i would wear my hair in box braids. and some people tried urging me to get a perm, but I'm not doing that, I'm loving my tight curls, i  really think, that, wearing hair pieces and perms are a way for the white man to make sure that young black women not to embrace their natural appearance. i think that all young African American women should wear their hair with out perms and hair pieces that's just something i believe in i was watching a debate on that, here i will send a URL at the bottom so you all can check it out, is there anyone who agree with me or know where I'm coming from.

I love confidence more than anything, so hair really doesn't matter. Intelligence, looks and shape... I'm married, but I'm just answering the question. My wife is natural and she and her sister run a natural hair website. They don't judge or condemn. They simply discuss the benefits and issues of wearing your hair natural. www.natural-ness.com is the site. I think we are far too fixated on hair. When we should be focused on how to capitalize on the hair market since it is a billion dollar industry that Blacks fund, but don't own.

• Like 2

Akia, please don't worry about offending anyone.  Feel free to express your opinions and what you believe. That is one of the purposes of this forum.  Of course there will be folks who will disagree with you and what you believe to be true, so by the same token you can't be offended when that happens.

In fact sometimes you can learn from it.

As far as Black women and their hair.  I think Black women spend far too much time, energy and money on hair. I actually believe if is a form of exploitation, because as Chris (CDBurns) mentioned we do not benefit financially from this.  I was talking to may wife yesterday and she was telling me about all of the African-American owned beauty salons that have gone out of business in Harlem.

Some Black men have fallen into the hair trap as well--sitting in a beauty parlor getting their hair processed, braided, dyed--sheesh!

Today I shave my head.  I used to hate going to the barbershop.  It just seemed like a big waste of time.  I know Brothers who spend an hour or two in a barbershop every week,k just to get their hair cut.  I used to go one a month, which is really pushing it.  Now I shave my head every 5 days or so, saving a ton of money and time.

But I have never been one of those brothers fixated on my hair, or clothing.  I don't even wear jewelry.  So I know I'm not typical and my opinion about hair, in general, is in the minority.  I watched the first few minutes of the video and the subjects bores me.  I'm not interested in the subject at all.  

Again I know I'm in the minority.  I spoke at a Blogger conference earlier in the year, it seemed like 75% of the blogger (virtually all women), blogged about hair, or fashion....yawn