Coping Strategy

Sandra Bland is the latest casualty in the war between black motorists and white cops. Not surprising, a highway in Texas was the battle ground for a confrontation between a pesky black woman who bugged a white patrol officer, a face-off that eventually led to the arrested woman being found hanged in her jail cell under suspicious circumstance. 

The sad, stark lesson to be learned from this incident is that you have to humor cops, Carrying a gun does not sufficiently stroke their egos. They need submissiveness to reinforce their need for control. When you thwart their aggressiveness, you disarm them. In this battle of mind games, you triumph. The prize is your survival. Justice laughs at the joke it has played, and the cop is left to wallow in his false sense of security. Just another day in post-racial America. Just another chapter in the "black lives matter" saga.

Edited by Cynique
  • Like 2

It is beyond unfortunate Sandra never learned this lesson.  You can NEVER win an argument with a police officer. Talking back, failing to respond to requests, resisting arrest can never end well.  Even if you were pulled over for some bullshit, as Sandra was.  You really have no choice but to comply.

The police have the guns, and the support of the government.  You can not win.

I've been pulled over for less (doing nothing wrong, nor accused of doing anything wrong).  Once a NJ state trooper got in my face and started screaming at me simply because I had the gall to inquire way I was pulled over.  I knew better than to react.  But my life was in order and I wasn't under any undue personal stress; meaning I was not bound to snap because some white state trooper that was yelling at me for no other reason that the fact that he could.

I was pulled over yesterday (did I say I've been pulled over more time than I can count).  Again, I was pulled over for no good reason--and it was a Brother that pulled me over.  I wanted to go off, but again I know better ;-)  

I said something along the same lines. If you know that we die from breathing towards a cop, don't breath towards the cop. It sucks that we die from minimal interaction, but defusing a cop situation is the same as defusing a gang situation... Humble yourself in order to live.

It's like walking past a 2 foot tall gate of a 4 foot tall Pit Bull. If you walk across the street you minimize the likelihood of the Pit jumping the gate and mauling you. Even if you walk right in front of the gate, if you don't taunt or bother the Pit, it may leave you alone, but the reality is that the 4 foot Pit Bull behind the 2 foot gate at any time could snap and maul you for no reason at all. Shit happens, but you can definitely clinch your buttcheeks and stop the flow of shit. Just close your mouth and do as your told. You can try to prevent an issue, but sometimes the Pit will jump that 2 foot gate just because it's a Pit Bull. 

There is no rhyme or reason behind these murders. I just know that it's always as it's been. Nothing has changed. We just have more ways to see it now.  Well, I take that back... every murder I've seen thus far has one thing in common each individual failed to defuse the situation. We just had a black kid killed by a cop here in Memphis. People immediately began protesting and "black lives matter". The information came out today, the kid tried to run from the cop because he had two warrants where he had molested two kids in another state...

• Like 2

Yeah in an ideal world police officers would be true professionals.  When a cop is confronted by a Black woman with an attitude one would think, THE POLICE OFFICER would defuse the situation.  We have no expectation that this will happen. 

Black people have top make sure we don't ANYTHING that might upset the officer or confuse him with our actions.  Imagine we live in a country where a child, in a park playing with a toy gun, can be gunned down about an officer without warning!?

The police "Offiseers" (to bite KRS 1), are yet another problem Black people have to deal with living in the US.  

Do you realize a lot of people don't call the police when problems occur, because most of the time they just make matters worse.  I have had countless interactions with the police.  One even pulled a gun on me.  But I have never called the police for anything. So when NWA ran around back in the 80's talking about "Fuck da Police" that struck a cord in me, as well as millions of other Black people.  

To me, the whole Sandra Bland situation was a perfect storm. A racist cop, and an agitated black woman cross paths and an irresistible force met an immovable object. Gray clouds gathered and lightning eventually struck. The result was inevitable. Autopsy results have been released backing up claims of suicide all of which has served to escalate matters.  Unfortunately, emotion does not influence justice which is why Sandra died in vain. That's how it goes in the land of the free white person and the brave black one.

Ice-T famously appeared on the cover of Rolling Stone magazine, wearing a police uniform, - an affront to the brave boys in blue, considering he rapped about killing cops.  Where is he now?  A member of The Establishment , co-starring on a TV show playing a character who is on the side of law enforcement.  That's how it goes in the land where profit rules. 

Cops complain  how everybody hates the police until they need them.  I've never been in a situation when they weren't called when any kind of a crime was committed.  That's the Catch-22 of  life in "Chiraq" territory. 

• Like 1