Water Melons

I am so tired of hearing certain stereotypes on African Americans like All black people like water melon, this might be true but do you really know why it originated, because back in slavery times black people were only allowed some meals, like, water melon, rice and bread. it fills them up, other thing like fried chicken is apart of the traditional African American meal, such as Fried chicken black eyed peas and corn bread. and people think that all African Americans use improper language and that they sag their pants but i don't think so, because there also Caucasians who try to do the same thing!  but there are African Americans who can quote the dictionary. JUST SAYING anyone know where I'm coming from.

Aside from the fact that you are engaging in broad generalizations, all ethnic groups stereotype each other. In a perfect world things would be different but this not being the case, we will all continue to associate certain things with certain nationalities.  

• Like 1

...but who does not like watermelons? Seriously

And Black people really do talk too much in the movie theater. LOL

Yes Akia I agree stereotyping people can lead to false assumptions about individuals, but it is natural, an important skill and indeed probably a necessary survival mechanism.

This is why I don't give cops any lip.  I know most of them have far less education that I do, probably hate their job, and are just looking for a reason to jam a brother up to meet their quota.  Now are all cops like that? Of course not, but I'll be just safer if I assume that they are.