THE END OF CHRIS HAYDEN--A Troy Johnson Joint

I CAN'T STAND IT!

I have accused the AALBC Brain Collective of being everything--fat, horny, strungout, bodacious, loquacious, medacious, Cretacious, Toms, ROMS, Goms--

but I didn't think you were a bunch of SQUARES

Until nobody here knew who Janelle Monae was

http://www.jmonae.com/?cmpid=yt_watch/janellemonae_home

The Pain! The T fucking PAIN!

I'm all curled up now in a fetalposition. Typing this with my nose. Fading away, slowly, slowly....

Very Funny, but one hell of a promo Chris. I actually was familiar with Janelle Monae. But 10 Daya ago I was not. Last Saturday I went to a concert (the 25th anniversary of the Black Rock Coalition). In Living Colour was the headliner.

It was an outdoor, free concert. I went by myself -- I guess I know too many squares. Well I ran into this sister, who recongized me from the National Black Writers Conference. We hung and she schooled me on Ms. Monae. This sister who is also a professor and acomplished singer herself.

Chris all is not lost!

Good Grief, Chrishayden! I haven't heard Janell Monae, but I have heard of her. Just read about her album The ArchAndroid in PEOPLE magazine. You'll be happy to learn that the album earned 4 stars. I'll have to check and see if any of my kids have her CD, about which PEOPLE's reviewer wrote: "coming off like a cross between Lauryn Hill, Erykah Badu and a fembot member of OutKast, Monae makes a genre-defying debut that embraces the freak in all of us." Hummm.

• 6 years later...

Stumbled across this page looking for content to create a page for ole' Chrissy boy and this was the first thing that came up.  I published a review he wrote, and am about to migrate it to the new format which includes a webpage for the reviewer.  So now I'm hunting for a little information on him.  

Chris was one of the few "Cyniquian Level" posters, an honor earned on the old forum.  It is too bad I had to abandon the old software (too prone to spammers), we lost a bunch of good posters in the transaction. I don't even know enough about him to complete a profile page:(

I miss Chris, too.  We needled each other and bickered a lot but we were really fond each other.  He was bright and quirky.  Wonder what happened to him?? He was from St. Louis and his book about "vampyres" was published by some fly-by-night publishing company Kola Boof was associated with.  

We really did have a good group back then.  I'm FaceBook friends with Yvette, "Ferocious Kitty", Linda Watkins, "A Woman", "LambD", and "Yukio".  Thumper, too, but he rarely posts.

Wonder what happened to Mzuri, Crystal, Li-Li and ABM just to name of few..  I couldn't care less about Carey because he was one of those people  I never clicked with, and the feeling was mutual.  And we can't overlook all of Kola's groupies who were actually her posting under different names.  

• Like 1

Thats right!  I forgot about that book (it has been 12 years).  Kola's old publisher, Door of Kush, published Chris' book as well as another contributor to these forums Diane Dorce.  If these titles were published today I would be in a much better position to help promote these books.  When they were published I actually had a full time job, young kids, and making updates to AALBC.com requiured a LOT more work.

I just created a page for Chris.

9780971201941.jpg

• Like 1