The Mane Subject

I agree with a fellow FaceBooker  when she asks "Does it strike you as odd that the disgraceful slaughter of a lion in Africa causes far more outrage in America than the daily lynchings of Americans of color?"  

Ironically, had this lion killed the hunter, excuses would've been made blaming the man for encroaching on the lion's turf, while explaining that this was just a case of a lion being a lion. Or is anybody ever outraged when lions kill each other, committing fur-on-fur crime. Too bad there's no such universal lamenting among human beings when a black person is murdered by a white cop - during the course of a racist just being a racist when he kills a black motorist for just being a black motorist. One thing for sure: Lion lives matter. Good thing I'm a Leo or I would really be pissed about this situation. 

Edited by Cynique
  • Like 1

If really is difficult to discern if it is the media overreacting to the lion's senseless slaughter or actual people.  I don't think most people really care that much.  One could even argue if the story is even news worthy.

I mean, just this past weekend in Brooklyn, there were 10 separate shootings that left 3 dead and 22 wounded I don't see the same outrage from the liberal white heres.  Is it because the liberal white here are not at all outraged, or is it because the media has not covered it to the same extent as Cecil the lion.  

For Christ sakes it is one lion half a world away, relative to the 3 killed in Brooklyn Saturday I could care less.