Miko Branch, Best Selling Author to Appear at La Casa Azul Bookstore

Troy

51330aee-4ade-42bf-9004-58416b128019.jpg

Hair Chat: Overcoming Obstacles

Friday, October 23, 6:30pm - 8:30pm

A heartfelt conversation with Miko Branch, Best Selling Author and CEO of Miss Jessie's.

35a432da-78eb-42f9-9c74-a06e7152787d.jpg

Miko Branch is the co-founder and CEO of Miss Jessie's LLC, the company behind the premium hair care product line that exclusively caters to the diverse spectrum of all curly hair types.

Miko founded the company with her sister, Titi, and they named it after their much beloved and fiercely independent "do-it-for-yourself," and "tell-it-like-it-is" paternal grandmother - Jessie Mae Branch. 

As the visionary behind the Miss Jessie's brand, Miko revolutionized the haircare industry and became a leading pioneer of the natural hair movement by creating and marketing high performance and high quality hair care products.

Free event, advance registration is required.

Email: rsvp.lacasaazul@gmail.com

Workshop: Cultivating Your Spirituality & Knowledge with Feng Shui 

Sunday, October 25, 2:00pm - 4:00pm

Can the use of Feng Shui principles help you acquire knowledge and wisdom more easily and support you in developing and strengthening your spiritual life?  Absolutely! Whether you find yourself engaging in some aspect of life-long learning, need to learn new information for your job or a program you are enrolled in, are writing a book or seeking a more fulfilling spiritual connection, Feng Shui can help you.
In this workshop you will learn:
- Feng Shui essential concepts
- Ideas on creating a Feng Shui-friendly environment for your intellectual and spiritual pursuits

Workshop taught by Feng Shui Expert Julie Anna Alvarez of HappyChiSolutions.com  

Workshop Fee: $25

9fb47ba3-3d36-43c6-baeb-d4bedf4fd739.jpg

P.A.T.R.I.A. (Por Amar Tanto Radiante Infinito Amor), reading with Édgar Javier Ulloa Luján 

Friday, October 30th, 6:00pm - 8:00pm

Ciudad Juárez is the territory of the poet, composer and visual artist Édgar Javier Ulloa Luján. In his universe, he decides to interpret his concept of PATRIA as a word-symbol. There will be a Public Open Mic Session and performative intervention. The performative action will unite in the same moment the poetry of Edgar Ulloa and the voices of the viewers, generating a collective imaginary, re-interpreting collective memory and trauma across the border.

$5 suggested donation

This event is part of Celebrate México Now, a citywide festival of contemporary Mexican art and culture produced by CN Management.

www.mexiconowfestival.org

La Casa Azul Bookstore 

143 E. 103rd St 

El Barrio, NY 10029 

(212) 426-2626
6 Train to 103rd Street 

Store hours: 

Wednesday - Saturday  

12:00pm - 8:00pm   

Sunday 12:00pm - 6:00pm  

Closed Monday/Tuesday 

2nd location:

La Casa Azul Pop Up Bookstore @Sugar Hill

898 St Nicholas Avenue @ 155th Street
New York, NY 10032

Follow us on Twitter

Visit our blog

Poetry night: This Ain't No Love Story
Thursday, November 5, 6:30pm - 8:00pm

Rumi once wrote "I have phrases and whole pages memorized, but nothing can be told of love."

Join Yesenia Montilla, Rosebud Ben-Oni, Diana Marie Delgado and Sheila Maldonado. These fierce & brave poets will tackle love, heartbreak & the grit of New York City. Let their Alchemy transform you, it's an event that should not be missed.

3e172855-513b-4485-9a1f-5fa50f7cb802.jpg

Join us at the

Mosaic Literary Conference

Saturday, November 21st

11:00am to 5:00pm  

The Bronx Museum of the Arts

1040 Grand Concourse  

Bronx, NY 10456 

The Mosaic Literary Conference is a grassroots event and a great opportunity for the community, educators, students, program administrators, and parents to learn ways to integrate books and reading into the lives of teenagers. MLC offers a mix of informative programs and creative workshops to engage young minds, strengthen literacy, and develop education strategies.

This year's conference will focus on the #BlackLivesMatter teachable moments, social and artistic movements that have risen out of Ferguson, MO, Baltimore, MD. and other police and community

actions.

Free event, register online.

Below is a video I made while making the post above.  I created it to demonstrate how easy it is post information to this forum.  It is actually easier to copy and paste information here than it would be to my wordpress blog, or even a to a standard webpage.  In fact, the video below is a flash file that I embedded directly into this forum (you can't even upload Flash file into youtube).

As you see from the video, it took less than 5 minutes to post this message and share it on Twitter.  If I were not actually recording a video while making the post it would have taken me all of 2 minutes. 

Just as many people, and potentially far more, will see information posted here than would see it on Facebook; PLUS people are FAR more likely to engage here with information here and click through to the underlying website.  Again this is what the web is all about.

This discussion forum is optimized for mobile, permanently archived here and discoverable via search.

Did I say that I use these forums to discover information to include in my eNewsletter?

• 1 month later...