BLACK SUPERNATURAL HORROR/

THERE   ARE   MANY  BLACK   SCIENCE   FICTION    ,HORROR  WRITERS/BRANDON  MASSEY,OCTAVIA  BUTLER,TANANADRIVE  DUE.AMONG THEM//HALLOWEEN,  ANYONE  INTERESTED ,   1972     BLACULA,   BLACK  DRACULA   ,WITH   WILLIAM  MARSHALL,1973,SCREAM    BLACULA  SCREAM,WILLIAM  MARSHALL   WITH    THE   GREAT  PAM GRIER/ I  MIGHT  WATCH//////   BLACK HORROR  MOVIES,//

• Like 1

It should be noted that horror, sci-fi, and fantasy are 3 difference genre's that follow different guide lines.  Below is an excerpt from an Editor's explanation explaining what distinguishes these genres from each other.

"In horror the storyworld does not need to make rational sense; in fantasy it needs to make sense internally, but not externally; in science fiction it needs to be plausible both internally and externally. I’m not, by the way, suggesting that it’s easier to write horror than science fiction – far from it. Creating the suspension of disbelief necessary to make you scared of an implausible monster is a tough trick."

So, Dracula would be an example of horror; Lord of the Rings, fantasy; StarTrek, sci-fi. 

I guess you could say these 3 types are actually subdivisions of The Supernatural.

• Like 2

• 4 years later...