French toast, anyone?

Sheeze! That Parisienne shoot-out has really touched a nerve in America which has apparently been "jonzin" for a new tragedy to revitalize the 9/11 crying binge it's been on for the last 14 years.  What happened is Paris was terrible to be sure, but all mass murders are tragic and in comparison to the recent acts of terrorism in Nigeria, 129 fatal casualties ain't that awesome.  Chiraq has accumulated a better record than that in one month. Ah, but French Lives Matter!

What's also interesting is how a petulant America has so magnanimously forgiven a country with which it has been on bad terms since the French opposed the war in Iraq. How quickly we forget. So incensed was this country with France's reluctance to become an ally that there were calls to outlaw everything Gallic, most notably the urging to rename "French" fries "Freedom" fries. Indeed, for having the good sense to consider a war with Iraq  ill-advised, the sneering, aloof French became the object of America's ridicule and scorn.  

With a common foe, however, and the perilous  threat it represents, standing in solidarity with France now does makes sense.  However, I find the slavish displays and demonstrations sweeping the nation to be a bizarre overkill. French flags and Eiffel Tower replicas are embellishing objects and images all over the country and the Internet. Moments of silence at athletic events, flags flying at half mast, TV newscasters and hosts all a-quiver in their expressions of sympathy. I couldn't help but snicker at a sound bite of a blubbering Madonna appearing on stage after a concert, bemoaning this disaster, her 57 year old body tucked into a skimpy outfit replete with leather boots and fish net stockings,  All that was missing was an Oscar to clutch, - won for the best performance by an over-the-hill opportunist eager for the spotlight.  I also couldn't help wondering if President Obama would rate all this hysteria should he meet with a... bad fate. Would Saturday Night Live open its show with  Keenan Thompson lamenting this awful occasion by speaking in his best Ebonic accent like a SNL cast member did when expressing the show's condolences in French??

My take on this orgy of sorrow is that America's collective consciousness needs a catharsis from time to time, and has never met a flower-strewn, candle-light vigil it didn't like.  Meanwhile, the only thing desperate Syrian refugees are inspiring in America's bleeding heart is its other compulsion to suspiciously dismiss any religion other than Christianity.   Lord, have mercy.  

Yet, what else can be expected? The world is in turmoil and this country is on edge, worried about the good guys defeating the bad ones. But, not to worry.  God is on our side, - unless, of course,  he morphs into Allah. :o .  

• Like 2

Cynique, I think I'm going to link these posts to your webpage to--and definitely to the homepage.  I've been trying not to add anything new to he current site, as it is just something else for me to move.  I but I don't have a homepage design for the new site that is presentable yet, so I'll add them to this site's homepage.

I've been playing around with the design on author pages.  Take a look at your page again and let me know what you think: http://aalbc.org/authors/author.php?author_name=Connie%20Bradley in your case the main change is how I plan to link your content.  Of a few articles this is probably find, but for someone with 100's articles like Kam this kind of list is impractical. 

Regarding the French--a tragedy for sure, but Boko Haram has killed more Nigerians than Isis has killed and show not sign of slowing up.  Americans have already forgotten about them.  Maybe I'll make one of those translucent images go over my social media avatars, but use the Nigeria flag instead. 

We'll forget about the French too, as soon as Beyonnce and J-Zay Break up of Catlyn adopts an Ethiopian.

Yada, yada, yada.  This cretin epitomizes the "Christian" breed of American that Isis targets. So when terrorists sneak into the country amidst the influx of Syrian refugees, gun totin Neanderthals like Uncle Adolph will be decimated in their attempt to preserve the way of life these latter-day Barbarians want to preserve in the beloved country they stole from the Indians and totally corrupted and ruined .  We all know that this white skinned jackal would trade every one of those 6 empty boasts above if this would just make his half-inch penis grow longer. LMAO. Seig Heil!  Crawl back into your cave. Your tea is getting cold. :P 

• Like 2

Yes Cynique, yesssssss!!!!!!! Man down, shots fired, Unkel Troll you got what you wanted I assume; some confrontation and a response. Considering the complete irony of you taking the time to post on a Black owned website which couldn't have possibly been made by a Black person because we are too stupid to learn coding or to turn on a computer, on behalf of Troy I appreciate you taking the time to click through several pages to write this which gives Troy impressions on the two ads on this page or clicks, and earns Troy Ad Revenue from a billion dollar business to keep running this business. Your contribution, as stupid as it is, contributes to the empowerment of the people. What I hope is that you go to every Black website you find and tell your buddies to do that too. While no one likes to read your vitriol, we will take your money since we can never be repaid for what we've given this country: art, music, entertainment and infrastructure. If Blacks weren't here all the US would have that they actually created is... Oh that's right White's in this country/from this country, like you haven't created or excelled in anything. Okay you're allowed to vent. It's gotta be frustrating that everything great about America was created or made more important by Blacks.

No original musical artforms born in America except Jazz, Gospel, Blues and Rock (Black people)

Fledgling sports associations before Blacks became a part of the games.

Greatest moment in the Olympics (The take down of the Nazis by Jesse Owens)

The Civil War was lost until Lincoln finally allowed 200,000 Blacks to fight.

You know what's funny is that Whites in the US don't even have a literary movement to claim. I can't think of one... maybe the Confessionalists poets, but they all killed themselves didn't they? Plath and Sexton. Oh, maybe the Beat poets... nah they stole their rhythm and cadence from Black jazz writers and poets. You don't even have a movement that was as fertile as the Harlem Renaissance. I mean damn, no music, no literary movement, crappy at sports, and kissing cousins all while you have dominated society? I guess I'd be mad too Unkel. Carry on.

• Like 2

Chris as you mentioned sure the page views help the website.  But seriously Unkel Ruckus's makes an important contribution because his sentiments reflect the beliefs of much of America and are not nearly as fringe as some may think.

Sure, more politically correct white people may know better than to express these sentiments in public, but their behaviors reflect a cosign.  But I'm less concerned with these folks.  My concern are Black people who believe this stuff, because they were never taught the truth.  Our behavior reflects this belief too. 

We are all, Blacks, whites and everyone else, are subjected to and fall victim to this same racist rhetoric.  

The statement about IQ reminds me about of a debate between Dr. Frances Welsing and Dr. William Shockley on Race and IQ.  This should be required viewing for all American's.  You see the exact same rhetoric was used but Germans against Jews.  But today no one question the intelligence of Jewish people, for the narrative has changed.  

As far a  Socrates, Aristotle, Plato, Homer, and all the other Greeks Unkel mention anyone with a cursory knowledge of history knows everything the Greek knew was obtained from Black Africans. 

I'm so proud of Frances. She's a Chicago girl, born and raised on the city's south side.  Even met her once many years ago when she came down to one of  the U. of I.'s homecomings to hang out with her sister, Lorne, who was a student there, and a friend of mine. Dr. Welsing  really held her own against Dr. Shockley to whom objectivity seemed to be a foreign concept.  This didactic  ideologue  set the criteria and then tailored his conclusions to them.  IQ tests are, indeed,  a joke if environmental and cultural influences aren't factored into the results.

Survival skills are a very accurate marker when it comes to smartness and they're certainly something that Blacks excel at.  We're still around, despite the obstacles put in our paths by Caucasians steeped in their innate fear of skin color, a fear that deludes  them into believing that being different is synonymous with being inferior.  

Suffice to say that aided and abetted by treachery and cruelty and greed, the so-called white race, down through the ages has been able to oppress and claim victory over people of color and, as is the tradition, history is written by the winners. So much for truth.

Keeping in mind that in the present, Shockley's theories have been discarded by reputable sources,  I just let the tired old claims made by Uncle Retard roll off my back.  I've been  hearing his patented rhetoric for 50 years and, over time, ridicule has become my weapon of choice for rebuttal because these white supremacy clowns make it so easy to make fun of  them.

• Like 3

Constantly on the lookout for ideas more my homepage.  I actually like the design of heyjackass.com and see that it is a WordPress theme based on the jquery masonry which I will experiment with.  Content Wise heyjackass.com is actually an intriguing website.

Unkel Ruckus as far was your comments regarding Cynique's observations, have to admit, I can't wait to read her reply :o

LMAO. Well, well, well, I've been out all day doing my shopping and lo and behold, I come home. and waiting for me is a gobbling rant from an eviscerated turkey a/k/a as Uncle Anus, not surprisingly, wrapped in his American flag - whose red stripes could very well stand for the red blood of the slaves this revered country kept in bondage for centuries, or the red skin of the Indians on whom it committed genocide.

In the muddled, maudlin message from this foul fowl, he dares to cross examine me as if I am on trial, and he is the Grand Inquisitor attempting to shame me for my heresy, demanding in all of his white supremacist gall, that I profess my love for America and shed tears for France, never bothering to suggest that I do the same for all the Nigerians recently killed by terrorists.  To this sallow son of a mangy bitch I say: Your white entitlement complex garners no respect from me, and  I have no intentions of seeking your forgiveness  by  renouncing my cynicism since I don't give a damn about you or anything you stand for, because people of your ilk have distorted what America is supposed to be about.  

• Like 1