Black Friday and Cyber Monday--who cares?

"All Fridays Matter" :angry:

It seems like the corporate driven frenzy to start spending for Christmas starts before we can get through with Halloween.  It is crazy the whole purpose of Chirstmas being a religious holiday has been completely obscured by "the suits."

Today Amazon sent me two emails before 5:00 a.m. to remind me of the deals available for Cyber Monday--It is still November!.  

Since I pretty much have everything I need right now and I don't have any "mad money," Cyber Monday is pretty much a non-event for me.

As a book seller, it definitely makes no difference as books are discounted all year round, and there is no really no urgency for people to buy books today--even as Christmas gifts.  As a retailer, one reason I have to join the Cyber Monday fray is to get in front of consumers before they spend all their money with someone else.  

I'm concerned about selling books all year round, so I focus on that, rather than the seasonal spikes around Christmas, Black History month, etc.

That said, this might be an interesting book for those of you with more than a passing interest in African American Literature.

9781107571815.jpg