Amazing mind trick video--worked on me!

Guest Saradipity

What the hey....!???

XXXXXXXX.  (spooooky!)

Btw, all the sums of the first calculations added up to odd numbers. I was just so sure it would have something to do with "odd" numbers, I got tired of adding them up! The second (fewer) set of calculations added up to even numbers and I'm going 'hmmmm.....' When they asked for.... well, no spoilers for the next person, but I was - as they say - taken aback! But followed the directions and woooowwwww - came up XXXXXXX which I just KNEW no one else would think of ! :lol: 

• Like 1

Is there any way to edit one's post? I just tried to edit my last post.... and lost it!

Just as well, I suppose. I wanted to edit out the ANSWER! I thought it had been given in the OP, but when I looked, it hadn't. So I'll just say I'm solidly in the majority! :lol:

Oh, that is one spooooky test, Troy! Never in a million years would I, could I have predicted my results. Bravo,

• Like 1

Apparently this works on a principle called "cognitive load."  Solving math problems in your head increases cognitive load, causing to respond more predictably.  So, when asked to give a response answers are what people tend to say on average.

When you’re not under cognitive load your mind can wander and you are more likely to say something completely different.  

When I took the task I was by myself, watching the youtube video on my TV and followed the instructions closely.  Later I had my wife and kids do the test in the room with me together one came up with a different answer and the other two hadn't even come up with a response.  So the conditions you take the test seem to matter.