How someone associated with African culture & literature celebrates Christmas?

Brethren I am happy to show you that the 7 principles of prosperity work. I am happy to have you as students of our Academy that teaches entrepreneurship and personal development. I am do it for free. No charge.  I am happy to provide you with the evidence that, yes you can create a great business and gain financial independence using the 7 principles. The whole program last 9 months. It can be taken online. You wil get a  website, a book and instructions on how to realise the 7 principles. Are you available to take the course in order to test its effectiveness?

I am not in the world to mislead people. The program is not public yet, however I am more  than happy to make it available for my sister and brother so they test my integrity and value of my statements. Hotep Brethren , Happiness, Health and Prosperity

I am inviting you to take the course, you can drop out at anytime if you find that you are wasting your time.  

To Nelson: You are free to share, but I respectfully decline studying with your Academy.

To Sara: I don't talk about what I am because what I am doesn't matter. It matters what my actions are and how I treat people. I believe there is something so far beyond our comprehension that connects us all. Man has chosen to give this presence the title God and God in my opinion can not be confined to man-made boxes of religion. Therefore I am spiritual which allows me to pull the best qualities of all religions and philosophies together to meditate and respect all people. I will explain this later.

Now that you somewhat have an idea of what I believe let's get to your points.

You said I'm delivering hatred and prejudice. Where? I have not once put down Christianity. Whatever you are seeing is a reflection of your own self hate. I condemned PREACHERS who are men and all men fall short. Specifically those who pimp their congregations. 

You said it's an oxymoron that I say Christians need Jesus. WTF? You do! You can not enter heaven without Jesus. Those are the rules. This means that according to your rules not even Moses and Abraham can get into heaven because they were unable to accept Jesus as their lord and savior since they lived before his time. That's some irony for you. Where in this entire writing have I disrespected and oooozed disdain for any religion? That's some BS and shame on you for saying that I did that. I have said Preachers. I don't know where the hell you are getting all of this shit from. It's crazy.

By the way, what the hell is a Black Christian? Christians, are Christians. You have categorically separated yourself within your own religion. If that isn't cult thinking, what is. Now cults can be good and bad but by definition Christianity is a cult, that doesn't mean it's bad. I said it can represent bad elements of cults. A cult is:  a system of religious veneration and devotion directed toward a particular figure or object:

Any religion can have bad or good cult qualities. Now your religion is Christianity: Guyana Tragedy was Christian. Waco Texas was Christian. Hell The Inquisition and the Klan are both Christian. Do they represent the good aspects? No. But what's worse is with your own words you join these same bad qualities by saying: " As for Gandhi, I disagree. Not because he wasn't a Christian, but because he was a scummy piece of crap, a vile racist that should burn in the hell that spawned him." There is nothing Christian about this language. NOTHING. This language doesn't represent any of the Beatitudes or Commandments. How do you even justify this?

You wrote a question mark after Kemet up there to show that you didn't say it was a religion (I'm lost on that. I never said you did say that if I did, even I've had to clarify that Kemetic wisdom is a philosophy. This happens in debate.)

You said,  Only a fundamentalist could "get down like that." Most, including myself, are not fundamentalists so.....  in regard to my statement that these people are going to burn in hell on both sides of Islam and Christianity. These are the rules. I find it interesting that you choose to bend and shape the rules to fit your idea of what Christianity is. The only way is to follow Muhammad or Jesus to avoid purgatory. That's it. On top of that only 144,000 will get there. I just can't believe that. So I choose not to. I also can't see any person burning in any hell. That's just evil and I don't think God is malicious or holds grudges.

You said I linked "BLACK" Christians to the Klan. I can't do something that is already done. The Klan is Christian. More important, I never linked them I said Preachers who Pimp their Congregation are just like the Klan. If you don't agree with that, don't agree but when I see multi million dollar churches and homelessness on the same block, sometimes within the church, there is a problem with that. That's not just in Christianity either. Also by segragating Black Christians, something you did, not me, you have made a separatist group.

Nothing you wrote concerns Nelson is what you wrote. And that is the problem with entering a debate in the middle. Everything I've written was about Nelson. One man, and I addressed one man the entire time. I at no time condemned any group other than those that have negative qualities and tell half truths and hurt people. You decided to dive in and offer your thoughts, which were very, very, far off topic and quite condemning in the language you chose. You separated Christianity into only Black Christianity which is not very Christian at all. You condemned Gandhi to burn in hell. Which is just crazy when you consider Martin Luther King built his philosophy of non-violence by studying Gandhi, amazing.

Oh and in regard to not listening to ONE Man about Sudan, most paths to truth begin with an interview, or with the words of one man. I'm quite sure when Pur discusses topics the multitude of people around him also talk so it's not one voice you will here. But I think you know this.

I can no longer debate with you on this topic, but I will see you on another thread I'm sure. I leave anyone reading this with these words about ME. I believe there is something so powerful and beyond my comprehension that I call that something God just as all religions do. For me, I am spiritual and I look at all people based on their actions and words. I don't give a flying hoot about whether a person is a religion. If you are a good person and you have done good, that is all that matters. I choose parts of all doctrines I have studied and I incorporate those things into my life. I can call a person God because I admire the studies of the Nation of Gods and Earths founded by Clarence 13X. I admire the Supreme Mathematics and Alphabet. I can say Namaste because I admire the stillness that Buddhism teaches. I can say God Bless you because the Ten Commandments and Jesus is worthy of being studied and understood. I can say Inshallah (God Willing) because Muhammad provides people with a path to God and this makes many people better. Because I can respect all of these ideals and philosophies I am content with the fact that I live my life through logic and meditation and spirituality. If you claim a religion and it makes you a better person and you need it to make you a better person this doesn't make you less or greater than me and vice versa. It just is the way it is. I have never explained my position, but when dealing with people who love to twist words to make sense of themselves, this is necessary. I am exiting this dialogue with both Sara and Nelson (once again), but as always feel free to ask me whatever and if it makes sense I will answer and debate. 

You are touched. LOL. 

1. I can only tell you facts that you love to ignore. Show me one sentence against Christianity. You can't which is why you keep saying I'm linking "Black" Christianity to KKK. Three pages of material and you keep repeating the same damn thing. That is the definition of touched. Stop separating your religion. Stop ignoring facts. Why did you leave out what I said about Preachers pimping their congregation. This goes for Joel Osteen and Creflo Dollar and anywhere a mega church exists that doesn't have a homeless shelter attached to it. In regard to self hate you segregate your religion, that is the definition of self hate when you have to distinguish your religion by race. I never did that. I said Preachers who pimp their congregation are the same as the Klan. Stop reading into shit and reaching. It's crazy.

2. Every word you write about Christians and Christianity oozes contempt and disdain. is what you said. Where? You are the only one who sees any disdain or contempt. I said earlier that my experience has led me to meet good and bad people in all places and religions. I went as far as to explain the breakdown of my basketball team where I had almost every religion there and my team captain,who is now a preacher following in his father's footsteps who married my wife and I because she is Christian, was the team captain. You are on one sis. I mean you are really on one. I go on below to say that all religions have merit, but I said that so many times on these three pages it's redundant. You are really reaching. Oh I don't have to say SOME preachers because I said, Preachers who pimp out their congregation. Those that aren't doing this aren't included. You want me to say that, but I haven't. I said what I said. I don't need to infer anything, I will just say what I mean, obviously.

3. Please, please, please show me where I said Black preachers. Please?

4.  That is a bare-bones definition of the word. A cult can be ascribed to a celebrity. "System, religious veneration" doesn't quite fit your limited definition for a CULT of Personality, does it? However, cult of personality usually does have one DEFINING quality of what makes for a cult, i.e., a small number of adherents.  Ergo, BY DEFINITION, Christianity is NOT a cult.

What?

Your last few statements up there are so confusing I can't even understand what you are saying. But it looks like you're saying The Inquisition, Guyana, Waco, KKK are not Christian based organizations. Just as ISIS is a Muslim organization. Are they the good in these religions? No, but they are there. 

If you read my last paragraph, which I will repost here since you seemed to overlook it, you will see that I have honor and respect for all forms of religion and philosophy. You don't want to look at that. In regard to my hate for Blacks I really feel sorry for you in your attempt to diss me on this and I won't begin to talk about all that I have done and do for my people. You have taken a debate and made an ad hominem attack on the topic. Any attack I made on you is based on the information you have presented by separating your religion with the terms Black. I never did that, anywhere in these three pages. This is what I wrote above to end this and I'm reposting it here:

I can no longer debate with you on this topic, but I will see you on another thread I'm sure. I leave anyone reading this with these words about ME. I believe there is something so powerful and beyond my comprehension that I call that something God just as all religions do. For me, I am spiritual and I look at all people based on their actions and words. I don't give a flying hoot about whether a person is a religion. If you are a good person and you have done good, that is all that matters. I choose parts of all doctrines I have studied and I incorporate those things into my life. I can call a person God because I admire the studies of the Nation of Gods and Earths founded by Clarence 13X. I admire the Supreme Mathematics and Alphabet. I can say Namaste because I admire the stillness that Buddhism teaches. I can say God Bless you because the Ten Commandments and Jesus is worthy of being studied and understood. I can say Inshallah (God Willing) because Muhammad provides people with a path to God and this makes many people better. Because I can respect all of these ideals and philosophies I am content with the fact that I live my life through logic and meditation and spirituality. If you claim a religion and it makes you a better person and you need it to make you a better person this doesn't make you less or greater than me and vice versa. It just is the way it is. I have never explained my position, but when dealing with people who love to twist words to make sense of themselves, this is necessary. I am exiting this dialogue with both Sara (once again), but as always feel free to ask me whatever and if it makes sense I will answer and debate. 

Brother CD Burns said he following; To Nelson: You are free to share, but I respectfully decline studying with your Academy.

My reply; Brother we have been educated, programmed to hate and fight against each other. You were excellent at criticising the 7 the principles, I gave you the opportunity to test and you declined. We are very good at bring each other down but not supporting and loving one another. Please remember the following; You were born in an European controlled country called the USA. You attended a school owned by Europeans. You watched films produced by Europeans. Your exposure to European culture has in some way shaped your psychology. I don't mean to offend you brother. By the way, with Europeans I mean Jews, Arabs.

Brother CDburns and sister Sara please, I beg you, stop the civil war brethren. Peace, Health & Prosperity.

Sister Sarah says, "you said", brother CD replies with "you said" none of you has said, Sister/Brother I love you. Attack and attack and attack, come on brethren. We can do better than to attack and harm our own people. Please remember this; Religion is an European creation, when black people fight over religion they are pleasing the "Lord" European. 

Our people has been divided through religions. We must go beyond that low level of thinking. Let's work together and not fight against one another. Let's love one another instead of insulting ourselves. I invite you to propose a project that would involve the 3 of us. Let's focus on higher and intelligent ideas rather than to become prisoners of our Egos. Raise to the challenge Brethren. 

Dating back to the 1960s I have been hearing this Afro-centric rhetoric that extols the accomplishments  of our noble ancestors, along with the stressing of a need for America's African diaspora to reject Eurocentrism and adopt mindsets more attuned to their true nature, and diets more compatible with their biological DNA.  Topping the Afro Centric agenda has always been the ultimate goal of nation building, the creating of a black Utopia whose citizens would thrive from the fruits of their own labor. This is a mesmerizing mantra but it is does not resonate with reality. 

At the center of Afro-centrism were always the bushy-haired griots and dread-locked gurus sporting kufis and garbed in dashikis and draped with medallions, glibly enthralling their disciples with generic gems of wisdom. Nobody can deny the good intent of these myopic visionaries or ignore the pride they stirred, but the bottom line was that pie-in-the-sky dreams didn't come into fruition because they were all style and not enough substance. 

The favorite card played by Afro-centric advocates is to characterized Black Americans  as being a people who do not know who they are.  But what these  devotees are in denial about is that the hybrid descendants of slaves, inured in a unique culture that has evolved over centuries, are who they are: a new breed, and to them Africa is just a foot note, not an inspiration. Chris is in the vangarde of reality-based black individualism, realizing that American Blacks are not a monolithic entity that will follow one path. For this to happen would requires going back to square one and doing this in someplace other than the racist, fascistic, capitalistic, materialistic country that America is.   

Einstein, though not black, did say something that represents true wisdom.  "insanity if doing the same thing over and over again expecting a different result.  This is the case history of Afro-centrism. and the reason it has not made great inroads among America's people of color.   

Or, does the crippling plight of black people today, require an African do-over. It has more to do with acknowledging that the problem ultimately stems from the indiscriminate breeding that takes place among the black underclass.  Nobody of any race, or culture should produce more children than they can care for or care about. Family building has to be emphasized as much as nation building.    

I commend you, Brother Nelson, for wanting to uplift your people and hope Sister Sara  and Jesus will be very happy together in the hereafter, cuz lord knows, "JC" ain't thinkin about us niggas and no amount of rationalizing and bible thumping will convince this 82-year-old cynic any different.  

To Chris, i say, continue the journey wherein you not only talk it, but walk it. 

• Like 1

To sister Cynique

We must respect our elders therefore I will refrain from attacking or criticising your faith. 

African people need Afro Americans to stand up and show the world that black people will not allow Europeans to exterminate them. We are all children of the same mother. Ir doesn't matter whether you say Afro americans or Black people, we are all family. Every family has conflicts. We need to come together and solve the differences between us peacefully. Sister I love and respect you, however I must point out that Jesus Christ is an European creation. I respect your faith sister, however I personally don't prescribe to a religion created by the same people who have been oppressing us for centuries.  Peace, love,happiness and prosperity. With love sister 

Where did you get the idea that I am a follower of Jesus??? Are you confusing me with Sara?  Did you read my post carefully? I am not a Christian for the very reasons you cite.  The only religion I lean toward is Buddhism because it speaks to my inner spirit. 

• Like 1

Cynique, thank you for the compliment and you know I will keep on doing the work. Nelson, I said in my last post to you, I'm done talking to you about this. If you want to talk about something else, cool, but if the extent of your dialogue/convo/back and forth/ is just the same repetitive stuff I've given you my discussion points and they are very clear. I hope that Ma'at serves you well in your ventures into entrepreneurship and life. I am not creating a civil war with anyone here, we are just talking. I simply choose to stop talking, which is hard for me because I like writing and talking, when the people I'm talking with begin making shit up about what I said. lol 

• Like 1

Nelson, good question. The reason I spend time on this site is because I also use Facebook. Facebook doesn't not allow me to monetize my content and when I share and post and write long thoughts on the page, Facebook uses an algorithm and then they market through the ads on the side to me, you and any person who is on Facebook. This has made Mark Zuckerberg a very rich person. The same thing happens when we enter long exchanges on Twitter and any social media platform. 

My goal in writing here is to build up content on Troy's website that is indexed and searchable on any search engine in the world because has created a platform that has become basically an online library for writers.  More important Troy is a Black man helping writers by hosting and working on this website at his expense. The reason I spend so much time here is because he shares a lot of information that is important for Black folks. Also the more I write, the people who are lurking and not commenting but reading, they get to see how I think about certain things. After a while they may make a decision to click on my name and visit my website. 

While this can happen on Facebook, I am not interested in giving Facebook any of my serious conversation because doing so is a waste of time since any exchange on Facebook or Twitter is gone and hard to find after 24 hours. By writing and engaging people on this site a Black business earns income.  If you look at the top of this page and at the bottom you will notice ads. These ads are hosted by Google Adsense. Troy is able to make money based on the number of impressions we give those ads every time we load this page or any other page on this site. Since he delivers information about Black writers and is not compensated for doing all of the work on this website, using Google Adsense helps to offset his expenses and like I said earlier it build up a searchable database of short blog posts of anyone who is on the site or who visits the site.

I also collect everything I write here in an Word document and I will edit it for my own blog and website and post the same things I wrote here, there. This will then give me the ability to have content in more than one place which improves the likelihood that I will sell books. When you click on my name and picture there are links to my webpages. Troy has literally created a community online that allows me to market and advertise myself without paying for a domain name if I don't want too. So instead of remaining anonymous and not posting a picture it is important that I have my picture and complete my profile because the more impressions I have on the web the more of a digital footprint I have to reach potential readers or sneaker lovers or music lovers for CBP, ARCH and CBP Music.

While you see this as destructive, I see it all as a positive as it is real nation building. It is only destructive when people decide to be assholes and distort what is being written by other people in an attempt to seem more intelligent than other people. This is why I never disrespected you, I only challenged you so you would leave information about yourself and what you are doing because this is all available for the entire world to read if they want to read it.

That's the purpose of writing here on AALBC. We build up a black owned companies content instead of giving our power away to Facebook and Social media with long posts, we empower ourselves. There is nothing more important than this. So we are creating and learning when we ask the right questions or better questions.

Brother is this aimed at me ? 

I sincerely hope that you are not insulting me, I love every black man and woman because they are family, However I will not tolerate insults, can you please clarify whether the paragraph below is aimed at me ? 

"While you see this as destructive, I see it all as a positive as it is real nation building. It is only destructive when people decide to be assholes and distort what is being written by other people in an attempt to seem more intelligent than other people. This is why I never disrespected you, I only challenged you so you would leave information about yourself and what you are doing because this is all available for the entire world to read if they want to read it"

Do you have any evidence of me saying that this is destructive? 

These were my questions 

What are doing with all these posts? We should learn something or create something from this conversation. 

What do you suggest Brethren? 

I was suggesting cooperation and you personally insult me.What you get by offending people, a sense of superiority? 

Please check our conversation, I have never insulted or used derogatory terms to describe you or any of the people who I spoke with. Brother your behaviour on your last post is very immature indeed. 

• Like 1

Brother please reply to my question can you please clarify whether the paragraph below is aimed at me ? 

Your words "I see it all as a positive as it is real nation building. It is only destructive when people decide to be assholes and distort what is being written by other people in an attempt to seem more intelligent than other people"

1 I have never insulted you. 

2 Number two, I got into the platform 72 hours ago, I was chatting with Brother Troy on twitter, I have no clue how this platform works, I don't just join platforms and put my details, I am very careful with my data. I would rather trust people first, Today I started researching about this platform. I don't know who build the platform, I don't know it's purpose. Not having my picture makes me an "asshole"? Brother is is very offensive 

3 I have never insulted or used rude language when talking either to you and to the two sisters who joined the conversation.

Brother to say this on public platform "quote " when people decide to be assholes"

This reflects a high level of immaturity and lack of emotional intelligence. 

I got the impression that you were having an argument with Sarah that's why I used the term War is destructive. (Conflicts are destructive, I have never said that aabc is destructive) 

My ignorance about the purpose of this platform  doesn't give you the right to personally insult me . I followed you on twitter and you could have checked my details. I didn't know the purpose of aalbc until you told me , that's why I asked a very simple question. 

This was my question What do you suggest Brethren? and you insult me.

If you want my details you could have asked. There is not need to insult me just because I joined the platform 3 days and have no picture on my profile. That's just immature 

Yo, on the real. You are being very sensitive. I was talking about how Sara said I said Black Christians were the same as the KKK. Does that make you happy. That's what the asshole statement was about because I never said anything negative about Christians and to say I did is what assholes do. Could I use better words? Probably, but an asshole is an asshole. Like right now, I'm being an asshole to you because you are getting real emotional about a positive post. I thanked you for a great question and I could have just said thank you and not explain anything. But now you have a full grasp of how this site works as a small business.

In regard to everything else, it was an explanation. if you feel insulted. I guess... but I don't see it. I thought we were making progress. Who the hell insulted you about a profile picture? I was explaining that not having a profile picture and information limits who you can reach. What is offensive about that?  If that was an insult to say that you limit your reach, please don't start a business bro and have to deal with customers who are always challenging you and what you've done. Because I haven't said anything offensive at all.

Stop picking something negative and ask a question about the rest of what I wrote about the platform and Google Ads or once again, I'm checking out.

Oh I don't want your details or I would have asked. This is what you need to know about when I write. I write so that any person who is reading this will get something out of my response. So my answer about this website was about how it works so others can understand why it's important not to post long conversations on Facebook and Twitter and other sites that don't allow you to monetize your content and that replace your information within 24 hours so you have to keep generating more content.

Sheesh.

Brother having a negative insulting word next to positive one is an oxymoron. The subconscious mind will pick the negative. That's why tv, films and books are so damaging. We need to have clean language otherwise it creates the space for incorrect interpretation. I am a very positive guy therefore I always pay attention to the words and vocabulary that people use. 

In England the term that you used is very offensive. In America it might acceptable to use it during a nice conversation, in the UK , it seen as offensive therefore you would not call someone who you respect an A"... le. 

People have different ways to deal with emotions that's why we should be careful and try our best to use clarity in our speech and vocabulary. 

• Like 1

Ahhhhhhhh now I get it. You are in England and the word asshole is offensive. I curse a lot. It is what it is. I am not apologetic about cursing because it's just a word that explains how I feel about something at that moment. Like I said I could use different words, but I don't. I even curse in my videos. I've been told it's a sign of a lack of intelligence and that you will never succeed because of the way I speak. 

I don't think this is true. Some people curse, some people don't. I do find it interesting that all you have done throughout this thread is talk about how positive and uplifting you are and you are trying to be, but you focus on the negative. I'm sure you realize that what YOU focus on is what you generate. I focus on action and response, not on the negative so I tend to overlook the negative and deal with it as it comes. You are saying that your subconscious mind picked up only on the negative. That's a shame and it's unfortunate because that answer that I gave you has some really good information in it. I'm sorry you can't see it because of the curse words.

Now, you know what I also find interesting is I have a friend who is one of the only Black owned shoe companies in England. I've helped this brother (he's Nigerian) and when we Skype he is not offended by my speaking and we've gotten a lot accomplished although he is England and I'm here in the US. http://www.notonthehighstreet.com/kudz

Anyway, I can't advise you on anything. I wish you well in all that you do. I think we have come to a conclusion in this dialogue.

2 minutes ago, Sara said:

That's what the asshole statement

You are sooooo disrespectful it's almost shocking. Almost. (smh)

Btw, stop projecting your own "sensitivity" onto others. It is only your thin skin that would cause you to launch such a vicious personal attack on one who has never called you out of your name, and your insecurity that propels the viciousness because a stranger in cyberspace does not roll over and play dead when you insult their religion.

Welcome back Sara! I thought you would be happy that I called myself an asshole after calling you an asshole, lol. I guess not. (Note: I'm smiling while writing this out.) I think we've pretty much killed this topic and thread. Let's all move on to the next one. You know I didn't insult your religion, just like Nelson knows I didn't insult his philosophy. So that is now in the past and rehashing it with a pretty sentence just places us right back where we were. Face it, you're an asshole. I'm an asshole. We are all assholes at times. I think it's okay as long as if I'm broken down on the side of the road, and you feel comfortable about stopping you stop and help me out and I will do the same for you. Oh, I read what you wrote about Cynique and that she probably stayed in the house during the Civil Rights movement... I hope you know her personally or that's an asshole statement. Bye Bye

Brother if you offend someone, on purpose or by accident, if the person says, brother I am offended. You turn and say, I apologise, I didn't mean to. An apology is a symbol of mutual respect. 

If you want to have a healthy and long term relationships with people, specially people of your race and culture, you would try your best to show respect towards them. that starts with language and vocabulary. Mutual respect is the best of understanding and cooperation. Please read my post, as soon as you told that Brother Troy is an entrepreneur, I said I apologise, that creates the space for a peaceful conversation. What did you on the first time you saw the love of your life, did you turn to her and said, Hey sister, you look like an a..le? 

There is no way you can call a sister an B...ch or a...le. That's very disrespectful and rude. 

I am aware that black people are trained to use terms such as B..ch, M.. er, Gangast, nigga etc, this is the programming that Europeans use in order to destroy our people's ability to be rational and emotional towards one another. 

Please watch this and see what the sister is says, She is an University lecturer who lives in the US . 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kt8TP4A-60g

• Like 2

Brother you don't call a female, a sister specially if you don't know her an a... le. Brother it is very offensive 

To my knowledge sister Sara has not attacked you personally. Intellectual conversation doesn't mean personal attacks and insults. Please be a man and say Sara I am sorry and apologise. There is no need for us to hurt and offend one another. We are children of the same family. 

Please please listen to what our elder sister says on this video 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pufhWwFmnt4

Brother CDburns I am deeply disappointed, one thing is to attack a male the other is to attack a female . We owe our existence and families to our sisters. There is no way you can call yourself an intelligent man who is happy to insult women. That's not a sign of an intelligent human being. 

• Like 1

Whew, tough room tonight. You guys are right. You two are the most positive people I've ever encountered. It's a shame that I'm such a poor and unintelligent rabblerouser who offends everyone with every statement he makes. I apologize with all of the power in my little ignorant, self hating brain to you two.

Seriously... that was me being an asshole again. Nelson you seem genuine, so if anything I said was offensive, I definitely apologize to you. I feel that you have a very good spirit and your intent is good. 

Sara, bye, lol.

thank you brother, we are children of the same family, brother, the, Europeans program us on a very deep unconscious level. Please look at the rate of divorce between black people, The reason why the black family is in chaos is because brothers are educated to insult our sisters. This is Dr Umar Johnson's lecture on how hiphop is destroy our culture. After reading your posts about cursing, he is right. Please apologise to sister Sara. 

Here is Dr Umar Johson 

• Like 2

Well, Sara, WHO am I?  You may choose to associate Afro-centrism with the civil rights movement but I don't.  The civil rights quest was all about integrating into the greater society and being judged not by "the color one's skin but the content of one's character", and liberal white (European)activists demonstrated right along with young blacks on the front lines.  During this time, Afro-centrism was  the domain of misogynistic Black Muslims, and chauvinistic Black Panthers.  

If, indeed,  you do know me, you would also know how many times I've revealed how atypical  my black experience was because I lived up north  and resided in a small midwestern bi-racial town where I encountered none of the blatant southern Jim Crowism  that you and your comrades were marching against. So you weren't protecting me from anything and running to the front of the lines later and yelling gimme, gimme was not something I needed to do.

I'm assuming that you are also aware that in the comfort of my cozy environment, I chose the "pen" as my weapon of protest, enough so as to be inundated with hate mail from white readers who resented my newspaper articles supporting those fighting against racial bigotry.  And of course, post racial America as played out in the 21st century has neutralized much of what was fought for during the movement.

I have never embraced black nationalism and my sentiments haven't changed since its emergence decades ago because I think it borders on being an affectation and is, as Chris, suggests, cult-like.  As I implied in my other post, your religious zeal is right up there with Afro-centrism when it comes to what I dismiss. But you have a perfect right to your beliefs. So be it.  

OK, Brother Nelson, I clicked on to your link and listened to the Video.  What can I say?  No epiphany here. What the charismatic lady in the headdress and dangling earrings and exotic attire is pontificating about is aimed at an audience of people who crave an identity, and yearn for a different way of life.  Been there, heard that.  None of this is new to me or has it ever impressed me. It is simply material that has been recycled down through the years and proliferated by self-appointed shamans basking in the admiration of vulnerable people, while underestimating the intelligence of those better capable of adapting.

I can trace my lineage back to 1868 and can discern and deduce certain things about who and what I am.   Racially speaking, for want of a better term, like many people of color descended from slaves, what I am is a "mutt" of mixed blood.  Who I am is in the genes I inherited from my parents, their parents, and their parents'  parents. But, most of all, I am Me, comfortable in my own skin and I don't need to re-wire my brain in order to  transform myself into what some pseudo queen of sheba  tells me is my true self, particularly if this wanna-be ain't doin no better than me. 

.African or European, screw both of 'em.  In my dotage, I  just want continue orbiting in the sphere of my private universe, enjoying  sugar and salt and pork and Pepsi.  But,  good luck in your crusade.

Sara, you are one angry person. I guess you feel like you are winning the internet today. I can't imagine that you are really a person who marched or did anything in support of anyone but yourself. Unfortunately, we will never know who or what you have done, because your sole intent appears to be discontent. I guess you come from the Jesus with the skull of an ass, swinging on people in the tabernacle school of Christianity. Your pen is filled with venom and it slices with the viciousness of a pregnant pit bull defending an imaginary pup. I am beginning to think that you are a troll. Someone solely here to target anything to get a response. Reading your words almost makes me feel sorry for you because somewhere inside of you something is broken, or maybe nothing is broken at all and you are defensive because of your experiences and you've earned the right to be... but unlike Cynique who willingly listed her participation in the movement as a writer who didn't encounter the physical brutality of the CR movement, she definitely encountered the mental brutality in dealing with the responses to her columns. She also has a picture up and has stated where she grew up. She is not hiding behind an avatar.

People fight against intolerance in many ways. I admire the writer as well as the front line soldier, but you are like many of the people I served with... you seem to have some PTSD. Brothers who are good dudes(I didn't serve with women), but are always ready to battle even when the threat is only in their heads.

So I am in agreement with Nelson that I should apologize to you because you are dealing with demons that have turned you into something that attacks and in your mind you're justified in your attacks and there is nothing wrong with what you say. It's just like the internet trolls who float around websites ready to tear down people at a moment's notice. If you aren't tearing down, you are in defense mode and what I thought was satire and dark humor from you really isn't. It's a dark edge that is the prodding of a bully, or the poking of an abuser.

It's the first time I've seen this on a Black platform of debate based on solid intellectual thought and delivery. Because I do feel that there is something not quite right here in your dialogue I really am apologizing because battling/debating someone who I think has some issues that appear like PTSD to me is no laughing matter and it definitely isn't something to take lightly. 

• Like 1

Brother you can't advance & prosper as people and civilisation without respect for women. You wouldn't be where you are today if a woman had not spent 9 months of her life ensuring that you had everything you needed. After your birth she spent more years taking care and feeding you. No prosperity without females therefore there is no point in attacking females. In kemet women were God, we the followers of that philosophy see women as God therefore we respect and worship them. We take care of them and learn from them. They are central to our existence and prosperity. We aren't above women, Kemet will introduce you to an interdependent relationship between male and female=Aset+Asar -Heru. You are Heru. Hotep 

Brother Troy created this chat after I used twitter to ask him why was he celebrating christmas. I stressed the point that Christmas is an European tradition. If you study myths and psychology you will understand that there is no other culture that attacks women as Jewish/Arab Europeans do. Africans who insult women are deeply ignorant about their culture. they do it after adopting European culture and language.bible Hip Hop, James Bond etc.  If you don't know your culture you don't know yourself therefore you will find yourself doing and saying things that are contrary to your very nature. 

Tony Browder an example of a man who truly knows himself and his culture therefore he has huge respect for black women. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRkN88x7tBU

Like I said Sara... I thought you were in this for the good spirited debate that I've encountered here, but you definitely have PTSD traits and like I said before that is no laughing matter and it is not to be played with. When I see what you write, I see issues and when I see that I back off. I love winning a good internet battle, but after reading what you wrote to Cynique, it appears either you know her from somewhere else that I know nothing about. Hence the winks and the "guessing" of where she lives. Regular people or people who are okay don't do what you do in each of your posts. In regard to me all of your posts have been in response to... this was cool when we were debating on the other thread because it didn't feel aggressive or in your face, although it lacked support, it felt like jousting. This though the consistent need to pound your chest and belittle, it's ugly and dark. Maybe it was my use of asshole, obviously in jest which is why I also called myself an asshole that triggered something, but since that point you've sounded exactly like the person that said a man should burn in hell.

Nelson, I think the language barrier is ruining your ability to engage in what I am saying to Sara. I'm not playing a game or being rude, I see PTSD and I don't know if you've seen people killed or seen people hurt, but people who have seen these things and haven't dealt with it, write and talk a certain way. Sara is doing this, but there is something very odd about her attack on Cynique and her need to try and diss me. The tone, which can be conveyed in writing, has all of the elements we had to deal with when kids were killed in gang violence at schools and we had to talk with our kids or when we left the Gulf when I was in the military. 

I say this without any ill intent, Sara your banter in this thread is not the same as it was in the previous thread where we went back and forth. This is something different. There isn't any humor in it or wit, just venom. See you on a different thread if you feel you need to win this one, you win. 

Nelson if you would like to continue a discussion, I advise you to begin a new thread and fire away. A good discussion, with an edge or without is good for the soul.

Coo, I happy to create one, we are aware  that in the end we just want to learn new things and discover new ideas, exchange opinions, all good for the mind. We are all children of the same mother, and every family faces challenges, we just need to find a way to help one another and say, hey Brother/Sister you are being a little bit offensive here, but there is no malice. We are all black people victims of the same oppressor therefore like the branches of a tree we work together and love one another. Peace health, happiness and prosperity 

• Like 1

I am of the opinion that we should close this chat  with a wonderful apology from our dear brother Chris. I believe brother Cdburns should apologise to sister Sara, Why do I say this?

Seating here in England, I am no doctor, I don't personally know brother Chris, Imagine now I jumped to the  conclusion that he is addicted to substances just because he said something that lead me to think that. I could be right, however I could also be wrong and I am 100% sure that I am wrong. I have watched the videos on youtube and saw  brother Chris. He is  in perfect health and is fine. Good looking young man with total control of his mental faculties.  It would be a huge personal insult for me to state that our Brother does something which he doesn't. This thinking can be applied to the statements that brother Chris made regarding sister Sara. Although he doesn't know sister Sara  my brother states that she has PTDS.  Brother this line of thinking doesn't make sense. 

Although he doesn't know sister Sara brother Chris concluded that she has some PTSD. It could be true or it could be false. We don't personally know sister Sara, she has not told us that she is unwell, we aren't doctors. We shouldn't jump into conclusions. Our poor judgement can offend people. I personally think this is the case here. Who are we to say that Sister Sara has PTSD? 

Any illness is a personal matter. If the person tells us that he/she is unwell then we can talk about it. To accuse someone of having this or that, that's not a very clever thing to do. Sister  Sara has not told me that she unwell therefore I don't even think that she is unwell. 

Lets close this chat with a wonderful apology to sister Sara. 

Brother Chris, something like "Dear sister Sara I am sorry for saying silly things during our chat earlier" would be very nice. Leadership comes to us when we stand up and say, I was silly here. That my brother creates the space for new things to happen. 

Brother I guarantee it would also make you feel good as well. If you reflect on the matter you will see that it doesn't make sense to say that somebody has this or that while not personally knowing the person or getting the information from the person. 

Hotep Brethren, Peace, Health, Happiness & prosperity 

• Like 1

I don't agree that Chris owes Sara an apology.  If she can't take it, she shouldn't dish it out; if she can't stand the heat, she should get out of the kitchen. This is an open forum, and anything goes.

I, myself, am LMAO @ "Saradipity".  Who knew? She is a troll.  No wonder she's all over the place, just like her clueless discombobulated responses.   Having showed her true colors we now know how to disregard this devious scatterbrain. What we can conclude about her is that for her to have been a civil rights activist that I was watching in my front room back in the early 1960s she would have to now be in her 70s and there's no way that anybody that age would have the persona she does, - unless of course she(?) is my old nemesis Kola Boof.  Or does she really know me. She peeped her hand by incorrectly guessing that I live in Robbins, Illinois, which is a  poor, run-down, all-black southern suburb of Chicago.  And If she was as smart as she thinks she is. there are all kinds of ways to figure out what town I'm actually from by clues that I've given in other posts I've written on this site. (Think Doc Rivers and Fred Hampton.) 

But not to worry.  Rant on, Girlfriend. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ 

ROTFLOL watta ya think, Chris?  Ol sara is a certifiable nut case, huh? Among other things. Yea I'd  agree she's suffering from PTSD, obviously having a problem recovering from being kicked to the curb by a man who came to his senses.  And the way her responses are never on point makes me wonder if she also suffers from dyslexia because it's like she can't half read.  And wonder why she is so preoccupied with what Chicago suburb I live in, really convinced that it is Robbins, Illinois, which isn't even close.  And it's like she doesn't realize that the Civil Rights Movement got underway in 1953 with the arrest of Rosa Parks and the murder of Emmitt Till, or that Afro-centrism /Black  Nationalism dates back to the 1920s and Marcus Garvey. She also needs to look up the definition of the word "quest". This latecomer sounds like one of  those fools who thinks history began the day she was born.(Or hatched)  Whatever. Hope she sticks around.  She is a great diversion. I find it amusing that she thinks calling me "old" is a retort when it only serves to expose how desperate she is to distract from her ignorance. 

Whoa what the heck happened here?  

One of the things that discouraged participation on these discussion forums was when they devolved into this type of exchange.  Previously, I pretty much let anything go. But I've learned that if I allowed complete freedom of speech, that tended to take the whole board down to the point there was no speech.

I decided I would more actively monitor these forums to prevent this sort of conversations that include calling someone else here a "Potty mouthed old biotch,"  But realistically I don't have the time or resources to do this.  I was away from the forum for two days and completely missed the devolution of this exchange.  Last time I was here Nelson and Chris were going at it but it seemed to converge into some more productive--which is great.

Now I do know that I have to remove and ban actual "rolls."  A troll is someone whose goal is to simply create conflict for the sake a creating conflict, they are devils who get their kicks crapping on discussion forums, like this one.  Our pal Unkle Ruckus was one such troll.  He started out merely as controversial, but ultimately revealed himself for the troll that he was and I had to ban him and remove all of his posts.

My question to all of you on this conversation. Do I need to take action here?  Are we cool? 

Happy New Year!

Troy, I actually just blocked Sara, because as I said it became really apparent something wasn't right. So I stopped responding and moved on. I think Nelson also saw that making sense of the tone was going to be difficult. I'm not thin skinned at all, but when it seems that there is a different agenda, I move on. Now, I did create a different thread and I kept posting, but I honestly believe that if new people saw where this moved to, they would not post here and honestly they might not come back. It is definitely a destructive writing style that hurts the board more than helps. No one likes to censor, but if it was my page when the dialogue became twisted I would have deleted the person and block the IP address, but that's me. While I tend to have a sharp tone and edge to my words, once someone says, "hey Chris, you need to apologize," I do and then I speak to the person in a way that is not as sharp witted. Anyway, those are my thoughts and you can go back to when I exited the dialogue. I mean I went overboard and listed achievements which I never do on a public forum, but that was to get Nelson to verify and give proof of a philosophy working. He eventually explained that he was working on a digital platform and we started to gain a better understanding. But the other stuff... nah bruh.

??? Let the psycho hang around.  Thin-skinness is not something a potty-mouthed old biotch like me is afflicted with.  My on-going feud with Kola Boof toughened me up, and I'm debating as to whether this schizoid bitch is an incarnation of her.  She doesn't bother me but if you think she'll scare others away, do whatever you feel is best Troy.  B)

@Sara not I did not read the entire conversation, but I skimmed it and did see where Chris said something about you and PTSD and I saw your exchange with Cynique, but did not attempt to determine what prompted all of this.  Often these things started from other conversations and trying to sort this out is very tedious and time consuming.

Honestly, I'm a little shell shocked by trolls nowadays.  I tend to use a heavy handed approach and favor long time participants and am more suspicious of newer folks.

I much rather folks sort these things out themselves.  

Judging from everyone's responses it looks I'm going to let the entire conversation stand as is.

@Cynique, in hindsight Kola turned out to be very destructive to the boards.  Her posts got the entire Thumper's Corner domain banned from being able to post google ads (the primary reason I moved the discussion forum to AALBC.com).  She also was largely responsible for running Thumper away from Thumper's Corner, even giving Kola her own forum was not enough to corral her "energy."

I'll not saying Kola was a troll in the pure sense, but she had troll like tendencies that ended up having the same impact on the forums.  I let her continue because the most active participants actually wanted her here, while many lurkers found her obscene and divisive.  But as far as forums go while lurkers are important posters are more important and Kola despite her ultimately adverse impact on the forums as the most prolific poster we ever had.

Damage done, Kola no longer posts and I don't even know if Thumper is alive (seriously).

Cynique you have been active on these forums since the first generation (pre-January 2004). So if I have anything to do with it, Cynique's Corner will outlive both of us.

@Sara email me troy@aalbc.com your ISBN13's so that I can make sure you are on the website: http://aalbc.org/authors/authors.php

Ooooh puleeze.  Break out the violins. Your victimization is ridiculous. Sara. Painting yourself as the above reproach, innocent person, and me as the villain because I had the audacity to be underwhelmed by your pontificating.  It's amazing how oblivious you are as to how guilty you are of what you accused me of.  You can dish it out but can't take it.  Get a grip.  After all. I voted to let you stay. 

Dream on.You overestimate your impact. I'm brushing the crumbs that are you off my shoulders.  

Are you enjoying this,Troy?  I am.  Seems like old times.  I'm really amused at how Sara keeps sucking up to you. Still amazed at how much of an impression she thinks she is making. She pales in comparison to those who have come before her. ;) 

I'd prefer a more civil discourse, but a heated exchange every now then is fine as people are human and this is natural.

And of course I know you've taken much "better/worse" (whatever adjective make more sense), in the past.  I was not a fan of that back then either, though it did give you ample opportunity to sharpen your claws.  Or did you come here with sharpened claws already ;)

As an aside, why do you think a verbal assault had less impact on you than say Thumper.  He (and others) took some of the verbal abuse very personal and found it impossible to ignore.  By the way our racist spammer Unkel Ruckus asked about you as he defaced a few pages on my development website a few days ago.

We are battle hardened.

LOL.  Well, Troy, I  tell people all the time who want to excuse my maliciousness, insisting that I am really a sweet person.  Not so.  My children say I'm passive aggressive. I am and always have considered myself a skeptic polemicist. I  like to argue especially with other know-it-alls and I am aware that when challenging other people's arguments I often include personal insults in my repertoire because I am very good at being catty.  I have further observed that indifference trumps indignation, having learned how counter-productive the ego can be.  

I am, however, nice to people I like.  And my favorites are laid back folks who don't take themselves too seriously because these are invariably the type who have the most going for themselves and are secure enough to let you find this out for yourself.  A good sense of humor, particularly one that encompasses wry wit usually wins me over. Some people I just like because I get good vibes from them. Like you and Chris who I can disagree with but still appreciate because you're both cool and smart  

Not the case with the frothing, uptight, Sister Sara.  Her mercurial personality was off-putting from the start and her supreme self-confidence unwarranted. (I'd be interested in the name of her published book which was undoubtedly a best-seller. Not.)  Plus, her cherry-picking responses were ploys to void valid points by omitting them while trying to reinforce her own questionable opinions.  Most revealing was the need to reassure herself that saying something  made it so, as demonstrated by her frenetic eagerness to tell me that she had "cleaned by clock" when - I don't even own a clock; or a watch either. I tell time by lookin at a sundial. B)

I knew I had Sorry Sara when she played the age card.  That's always the last resort of people who have run out of retorts and panicked. I actually found her kind of pathetic because she was so transparent in her aggressive attempts to hide the inner fragility that kept her on the defense. :P

Good thing she has taken her leave from this board because reading this might ignite THE WRATH OF SARA!! :o  

• Like 2